Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there something wrong with my audio or have a lot of the games just been super quiet compared to the commentators?

It's definitely been a thing basically the whole event.

e: They boosted the game audio right now

ee: Oh lord the video feed flickering

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I never would have guessed German would ever be the quickest language for any speedrun.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I started playing the Link's Awakening remake Saturday and was playing a lot of it while watching the stream yesterday. They've done in 30 minutes what I did in like 5 hours...and Link's Awakening is my favorite Zelda game where I know every step of the quest inside and out.

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

Tayter Swift posted:

I never would have guessed German would ever be the quickest language for any speedrun.

Korean in Sly 2 and now German are two in a row I don't think I've seen before.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Tayter Swift posted:

NIXENGLCKCHEN

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

40 minutes in and they are 7 seconds apart

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

god this game just looks so good, here's hoping that someday we get an Oracle of Seasons/Ages remake in this engine

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

OKay there is a short enough delay that the audience can clap along with the songs and it didn't seem to be horribly desynced. Online portions are good.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
synced well enough i honestly couldn't tell if that was the audience or from the game

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
So on Saturday some masochist is going to try to do this?
5:10 PM Kaizo Super Metroid Oatsngoats 0:25:00
2:30:00 Any% — SNES Char_bunny

https://metroidconstruction.com/hack.php?id=275

That seems insane to me, like they put it on the schedule but they have no intention of actually doing it. It's an extremely difficult rom hack, and it's not particularly interesting to watch with lots and lots of backtracking, slow movement through water, and technical tricks that would be completely unnoticed by someone who isn't really in-tune with the SM scene. Why would they even bother with this at a live event like this. Surely one of the other Super Metroid Rom Hacks would be better. And to add insult to injury, there aren't even any animals to save with that rom hack :/

That said I'll try to watch it a bit, but I suspect i'll die of 2nd hand cringe and nope out around the time of the runners 10th death/restart.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

This Links Awakening race is amazing.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

2:30:00 Any% SNES Char_bunny

That seems insane to me, like they put it on the schedule but they have no intention of actually doing it. It's an extremely difficult rom hack, and it's not particularly interesting to watch with lots and lots of backtracking, slow movement through water, and technical tricks that would be completely unnoticed by someone who isn't really in-tune with the SM scene. Why would they even bother with this at a live event like this. Surely one of the other Super Metroid Rom Hacks would be better. And to add insult to injury, there aren't even any animals to save with that rom hack :/

That said I'll try to watch it a bit, but I suspect i'll die of 2nd hand cringe and nope out around the time of the runners 10th death/restart.

Are you prepared to be true to your username when Oatsngoats does a perfect run of it?

ZeGoggles
Jun 6, 2022

TeaJay posted:

Are you prepared to be true to your username when Oatsngoats does a perfect run of it?

I sure hope so

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

TeaJay posted:

If he does a perfect (deathless) run, i will probably still not be able to watch it the whole way, but i will add this to my Avatar for at least a week, or until someone changes it. :toxx:

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 27, 2022

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Is there a link to the Goon discord where people are following GDQ? The link in the OP appears to just be the official GDQ one.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
This Link's Awakening race is fantastic. So absolutely neck and neck for a while. Good stuff.

edit: And one bad Boss RNG says otherwise lol

Crazy Ferret fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 27, 2022

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

4 seconds between them

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

goddamn that was awesome

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I am both disappointed that I missed most of that race and glad that I didn't see the parts of the remake I haven't gone through yet

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
literally a second apart right up until that last boss decided to give a rough pattern to glan

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
10 minutes under estimate, I think they have time to do some reading

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
Fantastic Zelda run.

Lol at the Red Bull mini-fridge in the background of this prize run-down... still fully stocked with no one wanting to drink that poo poo 1 day in (unless that's a prize?!?).

pmcTRILOGY
Feb 9, 2014

MY BRAND!

JammyB posted:

Lol at the Red Bull mini-fridge in the background of this prize run-down... still fully stocked with no one wanting to drink that poo poo 1 day in (unless that's a prize?!?).

There's an excess of free red bull at the reg desk. They're trying so hard to give them away.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

JammyB posted:

Fantastic Zelda run.

it is a sponsorship prop, nobody will drink those, if they're even real cans in the first place

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

JammyB posted:

Fantastic Zelda run.

that's actually a by-now stock standard red bull marketing thing, where there's just a fully stocked mini fridge of red bull hanging out slightly out of focus. shows up on a lot of esports stuff especially

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yeah, you don't touch the promo merch

...but you should. Have somebody wander through the set during a prize segment just to pop a refreshing 'Bull.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Red Bull isn't even good

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

As a person who has worked third shift. Red bull isn't a refreshing drink, it's a tool.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

vice city definitive edition has pulled ahead of standard edition :yeshaha:

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 27, 2022

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

this run is hilarious

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
drat the timer is kinda lagging

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

christian spotted

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Ico's walking animation carrying the rock is hilarious, oh my god

Edit: This Ico run is going to be a top recommendation for folks who just want to see a game done fast, with great commentary, but without totally busting a game apart at the seams and rendering it unrecognizable through, say, out-of-bounds shenanigans.

Kestral fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 28, 2022

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

My hot take: trying too hard to force memes isn't funny and/or fun.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Agent355 posted:

Orb

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I actually really like alot of the audience call/response stuff but none of the good stuff has been forced by the couch or w/e. The audience just get's bored and starts yelling 'WHEEE' whenever the runner has to fall down a mineshaft, it's great. Surprised there haven't been waluigi wahs the entire run.

Not so much a fan when the runners go 'looks guys, a round object, must be an orb hur hur hur'. Or 'okay I have an injoke about this lever being like a different lever froma movie so I think it'd be really funny if we all yelled a line from the movie'.

Not my bag.

People are free to liek it, I"m not the fun police (ACAB), but I'll be over here cringing.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The Yorda Song was actually pretty good?

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

2:30:00 Any% — SNES Char_bunny

https://metroidconstruction.com/hack.php?id=275

Oats is one of the world's best Super Metroid players, was one of the first people to actually beat Kaizo without savestates, and has been grinding the absolute poo poo out of Kaizo SM since it got accepted into GDQ. His WR run has 4 deaths, and he had a run a few days before that with only 1. Oats ran a similar romhack (Super Metroid Impossible) a few years ago and it was pretty entertaining, so vOv

Agent355 posted:

WAH

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

*cues up the Barb/GPB voice modulator*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

:orb:

Taking bets on whether FNAF gets met - $90k seems like an ambitious sum.