Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Why do the rat and the capybara even want the female guinea pigs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The "they" in the third sentence is referring to the vegetables, not the boomers. I misread that sentence the first time too.

Not sure about your other assertion.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Baron von Eevl posted:

I'm sorry, I just realized by "they should have been put in" you meant the vegetables and not boomers. But yeah "keffir" is a racial slur.

For who?

Because keffir lime leaves are literally a seasoning in stores. Keffir Limes are a thing.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Baron von Eevl posted:

Cool 2 for 1 on saying people deserve a holocaust for the way they cook and using a racial slur in the same post

Uh, pretty sure the second "they" in:

"They boiled those goddamn vegetables on the range built into the oven they should have been in."

references the vegetables...like the whole point of the derail is how roasting veggies makes them better - an activity typically done in an oven. Not sure of the racial slur either, so gonna suggest maybe you're looking too hard for offences.

Efb a million times haha

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Learn something new every day: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaffir_lime

quote:

"Kaffir" is thought to ultimately derive from the Arabic kafir, meaning infidel, though the mechanism by which it came to be applied to the lime is uncertain. Following the takeover of the Swahili coast, Muslims used the term to refer to the non-Muslim indigenous Africans, who were increasingly abducted for the Indian Ocean slave trade, which reached a height in the fifteenth and sixteenth century.[citation needed]

The most likely etymology is through the Kaffirs, an ethnic group in Sri Lanka partly descended from Bantu slaves.[9] The earliest known reference, under the alternative spelling "caffre" is in 1888 book The Cultivated Oranges, Lemons Etc. of India and Ceylon by Emanuel Bonavia, who notes, "The plantation coolies also smear it over their feet and legs, to keep off land leeches; and therefore in Ceylon [Sri Lanka] it has got also the name of Kudalu dchi, or Leech Lime. Europeans call it Caffre Lime."[9][10] Similarly, H.F. MacMillan's 1910 book A Handbook of Tropical Gardening and Planting notes, "The 'Kaffir Lime' in Ceylon."[9][11]

Another proposed etymology is directly by Indian Muslims of the imported fruit from the non-Muslim lands to the east to "convey otherness and exotic provenance."[9] Claims that the name of the fruit derives directly from the South African ethnic slur "kaffir" (see "Name" below) are not well supported.[9]

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Holt poo poo

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The Anime Liker posted:

For who?

Because keffir lime leaves are literally a seasoning in stores. Keffir Limes are a thing.

It's Kaffir, and its a slur for black Africans. People are trying to get makrut, the south east Asian term for the leaves, to stick.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
So anyways, we should definitely cook boomers.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Same thing goes for the dairy product of the same name. It’s all over the place and will take some uprooting across a variety of cultures.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Anime Liker posted:

Too high in lead.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

edified by the meme thread, by c. tingle

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's pretty neat that you can learn all sorts of exciting new slurs in foreign languages by walking through whole foods and not knowing what anything is.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

The Anime Liker posted:

Counterpoint: Tony Chachere's, Tabasco, and wood didn't spontaneously materialize in the US in 2009. That poo poo was around in the 40s.

Boomers made an active decision to not season their food and grill it over those nasty rear end zippo lighter flavored charcoal briquettes.

They boiled those goddamn vegetables on the range built into the oven they should have been in.

Yeah you couldn't get keffir lime leaves in Nebraska in 1978. But you drat sure had an oven and salt and fat to make bomb rear end vegetables.

That lazy boomer poo poo was a choice.

It was also the result of unregulated hyper-capitalism invading every aspect of life by gaslighting via excessive commercialization of all things so you literally think a microwave dinner is equally as nutritious and healthy while being incredibly convenient and easy. All during a boom economy after a war that enabled American Exceptionalism without question. Because there are no downsides to that!!!

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
e; jumped in after this had already been said

Large Testicles has a new favorite as of 23:33 on Jun 27, 2022

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Anime Liker posted:

It's pretty neat that you can learn all sorts of exciting new slurs in foreign languages by walking through whole foods and not knowing what anything is.

Generally walking through anything that white is full of racial slurs

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Raw broccoli is loving delicious though. I don't buy it often because I tend to just eat the whole thing :shobon:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
e: nothing to see here folx

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

iwentdoodie posted:

Generally walking through anything that white is full of racial slurs

Yeah, it's safe to assume any amazon subsidiary is going to be full of racism, and that goes double for anything as bougie as whole foods

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Well. At least Brazil nuts stuck.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

People are trying to get makrut, the south east Asian term for the leaves, to stick.

Idiot China Swedes, swarthy etc.: we have a word for wrinkle and we have a word for lime. We're gonna call these notably wrinkly limes "wrinkle limes".
The racially supreme WASP: "MAKRUT"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I used to think I hated vegetables because my family treated vinegar like the only thing you ever needed on anything remotely green. Turns out that if I can cook it in ways that don't involve vinegar I like them a whole lot.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
So is there a Swedish name for those limes that you feel has been canceled or..?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Can't we just avoid this whole thing about foods with weird ethnic overtones? Let's just stick with normal foods, like crackers.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Tree Bucket posted:

Can't we just avoid this whole thing about foods with weird ethnic overtones? Let's just stick with normal foods, like crackers.

Please, someone, eat me I'm dry and salty.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

PathAsc posted:

Please, someone, eat me I'm dry and salty.

Shapiro’s wife’s account spotted.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

The Anime Liker posted:

:yeah:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
And don't even get me started on grapes.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Hang on. What's the "open relationships" bit on the left? Is that also a thing incels are upset about?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

These pretzels are making me racist!!!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hyperlynx posted:

Hang on. What's the "open relationships" bit on the left? Is that also a thing incels are upset about?

It's a rat.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hyperlynx posted:

Raw broccoli is loving delicious though. I don't buy it often because I tend to just eat the whole thing :shobon:

You should try airfrying broccoli at 400f for 7 minutes after spritzing it with oil and a light shake of MSG.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Incels hate open relationships because

- the woman can gently caress 2 guys (gasp, that whore)
- the woman can gently caress a girl (gasp, that's gay)
- the man can gently caress a guy (gasp, that's gay)
- the man can gently caress 2 women (so unfair)
- the 3 women can gently caress 8 guys who are loving 9 guys (gasp, that's too much math)

Basically any and all combinations of poly sex is an affront to the precious little feelings of dudes with terminal drydick

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

The Anime Liker posted:

Incels hate open relationships because

- the woman can gently caress 2 guys (gasp, that whore)
- the woman can gently caress a girl (gasp, that's gay)
- the man can gently caress a guy (gasp, that's gay)
- the man can gently caress 2 women (so unfair)
- the 3 women can gently caress 8 guys who are loving 9 guys (gasp, that's too much math)

Basically any and all combinations of poly sex is an affront to the precious little feelings of dudes with terminal drydick

I think they just hate women.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Isn't the stereotype of open relationships that the man asks for it, the woman goes out and has a great time and the man's miserable because now everyone but him is loving his wife and no other women give him the time of day? That's absolutely the kind of thing an incel would rage-wank over.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LifeSunDeath posted:

Oh no they definitely also hate sexually active straight men and gay/bi men.

Not nearly as much as women, but still noticably so.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Hyperlynx posted:

I think the idea is that there aren't women available for them because Chads (see: capybara) have relationships with multiple women (see: guinea pigs) concurrently.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Dabir posted:

Isn't the stereotype of open relationships that the man asks for it, the woman goes out and has a great time and the man's miserable because now everyone but him is loving his wife and no other women give him the time of day? That's absolutely the kind of thing an incel would rage-wank over.

Yes many a dude has fantasised about getting a bunch of threesomes and casual sex only to find that he's been punching above his weight and his partner is cooler and more attractive. Many such cases!

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

LifeSunDeath posted:

Think you might be on to something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?