Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

tokin opposition posted:

chapo sucks, has always sucked, and will suck until the hosts finally die or disband.
💯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
"Welcome to 5-4, where we are sad all the time" :(

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lady Militant posted:

disagree. all their bernie content is some of the best. everyone got their hearts broken so bad that they given up but the fact bernies campaign won the victories it did proves that in the democratic primary even if it's not a complete majority yet there are millions of people that believe in a similar political project which is sure as gently caress more than what the left had in 2004 or 08 (knowing what we know about obama now he was never the anti-establishment candidate, he had plenty of institutional support bernie didn't have). every candidate had to drop out and unite around biden to beat bernie which i think a lot of people just memory holed lol

Even a success with Bernie wouldn't have translated to anything meaningful, and there isn't a single other prominent public figure who is even at his levels of "kinda decent if you squint." People say things like "look at how well this grumpy old man did, this proves the appeal of left politics," but the reality is that Bernie was an unusually effective candidate for the time when he ran. He had an appeal among "independents" due to his appearance/history that not a single one of the "up and coming progressives" can match. Bernie's success centered around the fact that he was perceived as a reliable/trustworthy figure by older Americans due to both his long career/reputation and appearance - it can't be replicated with a younger leftist without a long career. Arguments about Bernie doing well "despite not having charisma" are basically like the people who say similar things about Trump - in reality both figures have significant charisma/appeal and substituting them with a younger, more polished version of themselves would have resulted in lower support, not higher.

And much more important than Bernie himself, what we've seen from all the politicians and media figures in the "Bernie left" over the last couple years should have crushed any idea that there was ever anything worthwhile there. Can you honestly say that a non-trivial number of these people ever would have been honest advocates for any left-wing policies? The reality is that, if Bernie had won, the results would have been extremely depressing to witness. Probably even more depressing than what we're currently seeing, in some ways. At least this way, it pulls of the band-aid and gets a lot of people to stop putting any hope in electing random social democrats. The alternate reality where large swathes of Bernie supporters are reduced to excusing his various failures and bad decisions is not a happy one. Imagine the timeline where everyone in C-SPAM is arguing about Bernie sending weapons to Ukraine.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

C-Euro posted:

supreme court just dumped another steamer (prayer in schools) so the fun will continue

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Ytlaya posted:

Even a success with Bernie wouldn't have translated to anything meaningful, and there isn't a single other prominent public figure who is even at his levels of "kinda decent if you squint." People say things like "look at how well this grumpy old man did, this proves the appeal of left politics," but the reality is that Bernie was an unusually effective candidate for the time when he ran. He had an appeal among "independents" due to his appearance/history that not a single one of the "up and coming progressives" can match. Bernie's success centered around the fact that he was perceived as a reliable/trustworthy figure by older Americans due to both his long career/reputation and appearance - it can't be replicated with a younger leftist without a long career. Arguments about Bernie doing well "despite not having charisma" are basically like the people who say similar things about Trump - in reality both figures have significant charisma/appeal and substituting them with a younger, more polished version of themselves would have resulted in lower support, not higher.

And much more important than Bernie himself, what we've seen from all the politicians and media figures in the "Bernie left" over the last couple years should have crushed any idea that there was ever anything worthwhile there. Can you honestly say that a non-trivial number of these people ever would have been honest advocates for any left-wing policies? The reality is that, if Bernie had won, the results would have been extremely depressing to witness. Probably even more depressing than what we're currently seeing, in some ways. At least this way, it pulls of the band-aid and gets a lot of people to stop putting any hope in electing random social democrats. The alternate reality where large swathes of Bernie supporters are reduced to excusing his various failures and bad decisions is not a happy one. Imagine the timeline where everyone in C-SPAM is arguing about Bernie sending weapons to Ukraine.

shut up nerd

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Chapo had on Liz B and the Red Scare hosts for a huge round table on the Supreme Court decision. It's wild. They come out and admit the whole Dirtbag Left thing was a psyop to subvert the Democrats and get Roe overturned.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

supreme court just dumped another steamer (prayer in schools) so the fun will continue

West Virginia v EPA has the potential to really change everything about the federal government and how it operates if the conservatives actually try for the brass ring. I’d wager they’re going to go with that one over the school prayer one

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

C-Euro posted:

You shouldn't feel too bad, a couple of episodes ago one of the hosts revealed they used to max out donations to the democrats up until fairly recently.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Nobody should be sad all of the time except for my posting enemies.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Atrocious Joe posted:

Chapo had on Liz B and the Red Scare hosts for a huge round table on the Supreme Court decision. It's wild. They come out and admit the whole Dirtbag Left thing was a psyop to subvert the Democrats and get Roe overturned.

This would be unsurprising

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

They should change the name to 6-3.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

chapo sucks, has always sucked, and will suck until the hosts finally die or disband.

we'll keep listening because on occasion they are good and have a funny reading series

smdh tman has fully transitioned into a white woman

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nanomashoes posted:

lol

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Nanomashoes posted:

Harsh, but fair

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Atrocious Joe posted:

This is actually something I would like to hear.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

christman has been training at 100G in preparation for that episode

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Mr Hootington posted:

Listening to Matt and Felix growing increasly uncomfortable as the autistic thumb talks about how having more white children will help stop the flow of migrants from disrupting the Nordic model.

ableist and racist, nice bro

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

mark immune posted:

ableist and racist, nice bro

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

cant believe alab abandoned us in our hour of need, again

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Hon Hon hon

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
it sux that stav left cumtown

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

it does altho the first post-stav episode nick seems happier than he's been in the past 2 years lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Stav left Cum Town to start posting as Q

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Smythe posted:

yeah but the people who live below nick & adam are going to be really happy

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Homeless Friend posted:

adam owns a house now

probably nick too

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

they probably heard the laughing through the floor too and just hated that whole situation lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Xaris posted:

adam owns a house now

probably nick too

alright smart guy, fuckin china will be really happy

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Xaris posted:

adam owns a house now

probably nick too

:guillotine:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Homeless Friend posted:

smdh tman has fully transitioned into a white woman

they upped my hrt

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

COME BACK HELLDUDE OR ANDY

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
tarik is too busy cornering the market on quinquagenarian twitch streamers

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

it does altho the first post-stav episode nick seems happier than he's been in the past 2 years lol

but first-post-the-stav systems always lead to only two choices

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Protagorean posted:

tarik is too busy cornering the market on quinquagenarian twitch streamers

is that really him? I heard him plug his twitch on an episode and thought I mistyped it because it was just a boring gamer with way too many viewers

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

dashas not in the cast for Succession season four

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

how have you been taking the breakup WM. you alright?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

tokin opposition posted:

maybe they'll finally let amber come back on

lol good call

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
lol the cover art for this ep is just the cover of the pelican brief

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
smiling with delight at amber's voice

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I’m watching samurai jack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

crepeface posted:

smiling with delight at amber's voice