Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Holy poo poo Fangamer really got their international shipping prices down, $8? poo poo. Lucky they are sold out of that lovely hoodie or I'd go broke :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i don't even think halo fans would donate to an Infinite run, so good luck

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

The game is pretty broken tho...

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

SeXReX posted:

You can laugh in real time
https://gdqstat.us/?series=0

I'm still seeing this as AGDQ stats

The 7th Guest posted:

What's the problem with Infinite, I liked it a lot and will be making my customary $11.17 Halo donation

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

mediocre single player campaign, lacked co-op for a long time, and then on the MP side the community turned on the studio pretty quickly with the post-game updates

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

mediocre single player campaign, lacked co-op for a long time, and then on the MP side the community turned on the studio pretty quickly with the post-game updates

yes but it has a grappling hook so I assume speedrun strats are funny

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Did they make the FNAF incentive or not, I was at the gym

I hope not

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Yes

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

AHH F/UGH posted:

Did they make the FNAF incentive or not, I was at the gym

I hope not

They basically forced it. They pushed the incentive behind SH4 to get another hour for donations to fill in for it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's like a winter version of the game

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Turning the voices off skips cutscenes...

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
I have a baaaaaad feeling about this run, the energy from the runner and commentator already feels... Odd.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
$90,000 for this lol

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Kestral posted:

I have a baaaaaad feeling about this run, the energy from the runner and commentator already feels... Odd.

It feels very weak compared to the run we just came off of

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

surely the gamma doesn't need to be THIS high lol

also OBS has a color correction filter, i'm surprised they haven't used it, but i guess they want to stay hands off here

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Every speedrun I've ever seen of this game hasn't had the gamma cranked up to max. This is terrible to watch.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

They really expected the fact they're playing a twitch meme game to carry alot of this, huh.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

This game is really ugly

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the guy running it and the girl on the couch don't even seem to be enjoying this game

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Wiltsghost posted:

This game is really ugly

They have the gamma cranked to max. Normally the game is incredibly dark because, you know, horror.

Kind of lovely!

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

"That's not allowed in this category" 'cause that's what the viewers really care about, making sure this is an SDA-approved speedrun.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I want my money back

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

mohawk and headphone jack was easier on the eyes than this

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The inevitably problem with any run that has a huge incentive is that it creates an expectation for quality.

I feel bad for this guy. They probably were the only runner for this game and the staff just decided to attach a huge donation incentive to it because meme game.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

It's a loving library lmao

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

This is so bad. It's not the runners fault (unless he's the one who refuses to play with the gamma at a normal level). But this is so bad.

Surprise awful block sneak peak i guess.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

This run is like...Fine. The runner's Fine, the commentator's Fine. Kinda low energy.

I get why they've cranked up the gamma, it's what I'll do if for a lot of games that seem too dark, but it does make it kind of eye-searing.

e: definitely NOT worth being bombarded with "we gotta get the Five Nights at Freddy!" over and over again though

Internet Kraken posted:

The inevitably problem with any run that has a huge incentive is that it creates an expectation for quality.

I feel bad for this guy. They probably were the only runner for this game and the staff just decided to attach a huge donation incentive to it because meme game.

basically this

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

using OBS i captured my monitor and used color correction to drop the brightness and gamma and now i can watch it like a proper game

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

"hold you breath everyone" as if anyone was passing air out of their mouths

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
The gamma cranked to high and no voices really kills the entire vibe of the game. I’ve never played it before but I assume that it has a bit more atmosphere than this.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Photex posted:

I just want to throw out there, the silent hill movie was good and deserved a real sequel with Sean Bean.

i will die on the hill that the Silent Hill movie was very Good but not without its flaws, and not "B-BUT IN THE GAMES" flaws.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Agent355 posted:

Surprise awful block sneak peak i guess.

Awful Block isn't until January, though; Summer is for Silly

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

poemdexter posted:

The gamma cranked to high and no voices really kills the entire vibe of the game. I’ve never played it before but I assume that it has a bit more atmosphere than this.

Probably, but it's a speedrun, not a let's play.

What happened to the estimate?

e: oh it...swaps places with the console line!? Previous gdqs didn't do that, did they?

Surely there's some way to get both the category, estimate, year, and console all visible on the display.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
The crowd is gonna carry this game. Let’s go crowd!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

JethroMcB posted:

Awful Block isn't until January, though; Summer is for Silly

Can't believe they're doing a sneak peak this early then.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

MuffiTuffiWuffi posted:

Probably, but it's a speedrun, not a let's play.

What happened to the estimate?

That’s fair but if you’re gonna slap it behind 90k donation wall, I’d kinda expect to not have a silent white screen for an hour.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Internet Kraken posted:

. They probably were the only runner for this game

I could see how looking at the game might give you that impression but lmao

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008
Y'know, it's a little low-key after Enigma's run but I'm kinda grooving on the sarcasm. All of that delicious ~L O R E~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I feel like the couch is just poo poo posting intentionally?

"yay lore"

"yay another button"