Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Raged posted:

How long does it take the auth team to revet someone? I know I should not be whining to them after a day or two. I'm just eager to get back into it.

I'm a dumbass and got purged last october and it was three hours from email to email for me but that was like 2-3 weeks ago. Lots of people coming back in the past few days, give it some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Raged posted:

Pochven was realllllly good isk, but it was run by complete idiots. When they started whining about how they should have SRP from the Imperium I noped out. That was some Hole Squad (Rest in peace) poo poo.

I did get enough isk to buy my first carrier and I still have enough to get my vertical supremacy too.

How long does it take the auth team to revet someone? I know I should not be whining to them after a day or two. I'm just eager to get back into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfjuOYSX01M

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Pochven was loving amazing and I'm still irate with the idiots who ruined it for everyone

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Mederlock posted:

Pochven was loving amazing and I'm still irate with the idiots who ruined it for everyone

Reads like a lot of folks hosed that all up. Leadership just not wanting to do Pochven was the deciding factor though. No matter how critical Pochven is or isn't, that doesn't mean poo poo if the Directorate doesn't want it.

SRP drama is always so comical though. I want SRP for this dumb thing->overreaction for asking for SRP for dumb thing->but why->some nuclear director response.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

I can't speak for anyone in leadership ITYOOL 2022, but BACK IN MY DAY :bahgawd: in Finance we tended to inherently dislike any activity that yielded raw ISK in general. The thing most people who play this game don't get is that raw ISK doesn't win traditional wars, materiel does. Given two activities, one that makes war materiel and one that lines your pocketbook, we're always going to want the one that makes ships and ammo and structures over the one that makes ISK number go up.

Like, take M2-XFE. Aside from a few people who had to be given Avatars instead of Erebutts due to existing stockpile ratios not matching losses perfectly, we had our titan fleet replaced inside of 48 hours. Meanwhile, certain FCs in the hostile coalition were losing titans in lowsec mere hours before the final timer came out, indicating a severe desperation for acquiring new hulls. When all is said and done, stuff > money and our soft power policies bore fruit.

Now, that being said, ratting absolutely yields raw ISK. However, it also yields butts in space that can contribute to home defense. Therefore, it is likely to get more top-down support over a far-flung ISK printer because it can, at least in theory, support the PVE activities that actually matter.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

it's also that far-flung empire building drains bodies from being at home for home defense, and creates new things we have to either defend or get pushed out of. spending a lot of isk, effort and time (which are limited resources in an organization that is, uh, volunteers playing a bad game) on something other than reigning supreme in 0.0 space is a problem

it's not like we're against an isk faucet, but once it gets to the point of needing significant alliance support the question is "how does this help"

it does not help that pve groups trend towards drama and exhausting the patience of whoever has to deal with them

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

it's also that far-flung empire building drains bodies from being at home for home defense, and creates new things we have to either defend or get pushed out of. spending a lot of isk, effort and time (which are limited resources in an organization that is, uh, volunteers playing a bad game) on something other than reigning supreme in 0.0 space is a problem

it's not like we're against an isk faucet, but once it gets to the point of needing significant alliance support the question is "how does this help"

it does not help that pve groups trend towards drama and exhausting the patience of whoever has to deal with them

It also doesn't help that Horde has an innate advantage in the region, due to the static Drone Region wormholes that propagate through Pochven. All we get is a lucky Thera connection or a 3 wormhole Chain... Or you have to coordinate reinforcing fleets via 25 person filaments. And then there's the issue of standings with the pochven rats being a major headache of diamond rats crossed with drifters and incursion rats. It's a logistical pain in the rear end and I understand why the alliance pulled out at the strategic level.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
From the Waffleimages thread

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I remember an old Myth game that if you uninstalled it. Would delete the location that the .exe file was in.

People sometimes accidentally installed games in C: back then.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
a bunch of dudes have anchored and killed their own structure, so they can tractor beam the wreck to a gate in order to catch cloaky dudes trying to pass.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/101738835/

It's genius :D

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

angry armadillo posted:

a bunch of dudes have anchored and killed their own structure, so they can tractor beam the wreck to a gate in order to catch cloaky dudes trying to pass.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/101738835/

It's genius :D

That's brilliant. How long do wrecks stay in space if they're not salvaged?

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Also Pochven has an upper cap of the number of people that can make isk there which results in a lot of drama in how you pick the people for the isk making fleets. It doesn’t scale to the level goons would need it to to be worth the drama.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Ynglaur posted:

That's brilliant. How long do wrecks stay in space if they're not salvaged?

I believe it's like 2-4 hours or so

we dropped on it and salvaged it from under them :D

angry armadillo fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 26, 2022

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Rust Martialis posted:

From the Waffleimages thread

:ccp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msXRFJ2ar_E

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Honestly my first reason for fighting Goons is cause its fun engaging pvp because whenever you guys bring a fight that is even or just a tad skewed in your favor its fun as gently caress. Now my second reason is because I loving hate your mentality towards the game I'll let you enjoy it sure its a game but when you twist the info making it seem like we want to make serenity and rent out every god drat system in the galaxy. it grinds my gears for the fact that the Imperium thinks they are the warden of the current space ruling with an iron fist making sure that EVERYTHING that happens is somehow their business. For example the taking of impass when we took it that was all we were going to take then goons sigs and squads deployed making the narative we were going to kick rmc out of null. and this is why I fight Goons.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Dalmuti posted:

Honestly my first reason for fighting Goons is cause its fun engaging pvp because whenever you guys bring a fight that is even or just a tad skewed in your favor its fun as gently caress. Now my second reason is because I loving hate your mentality towards the game I'll let you enjoy it sure its a game but when you twist the info making it seem like we want to make serenity and rent out every god drat system in the galaxy. it grinds my gears for the fact that the Imperium thinks they are the warden of the current space ruling with an iron fist making sure that EVERYTHING that happens is somehow their business. For example the taking of impass when we took it that was all we were going to take then goons sigs and squads deployed making the narative we were going to kick rmc out of null. and this is why I fight Goons.

I mean, if goons have the power, why shouldn't they do whatever they want?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Feliday Melody posted:

I remember an old Myth game that if you uninstalled it. Would delete the location that the .exe file was in.

People sometimes accidentally installed games in C: back then.

lots of old games would wipe the entire hard drive if you installed them in root then uninstalled them. you just made sure to install games at least in their own directory, nbd.

myth 2 was special. it would wipe the directory above the one it was installed in because of a screwed up recursive delete function

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Cease to Hope posted:

lots of old games would wipe the entire hard drive if you installed them in root then uninstalled them. you just made sure to install games at least in their own directory, nbd.

myth 2 was special. it would wipe the directory above the one it was installed in because of a screwed up recursive delete function

That's amazing. I remember reading a Penny Arcade comic about it at the time.

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!
krabswarm discord was a DaVinci Idea Machine of awesome proportions. There was never a day where some dumb loving krab didn't have an astounding krab thought that got high fived to poo poo. I got to witness first hand why it's a terrible idea to have dumb loving krabs in charge of anything.
The incursion side is chill as gently caress though, those dudes are solid

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Raged posted:

There's an auth sweep once a day.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
it's not isk/time

it's brainpower/reward

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Has anyone else's Eve client been very laggy in the last few weeks, with sudden drops to single digits in framerate? I'm running a GeForce 1060 in a laptop which has been fine getting 40-60fps outside of fleet fights for the past 5 years. It does run a bit hot these days (91C), but the overall system doesn't seem stressed at all (CPU ~50%, GPU ~50%).

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ynglaur posted:

Has anyone else's Eve client been very laggy in the last few weeks, with sudden drops to single digits in framerate? I'm running a GeForce 1060 in a laptop which has been fine getting 40-60fps outside of fleet fights for the past 5 years. It does run a bit hot these days (91C), but the overall system doesn't seem stressed at all (CPU ~50%, GPU ~50%).

Have you tried running with sound completely disabled?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Mederlock posted:

Have you tried running with sound completely disabled?

Good idea, but audio is completely disabled already.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Ynglaur posted:

swap out your RAM.

It's always the ram.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

learnincurve posted:

swap out your RAM.

It's always the ram.

Are you being serious? It's a 5-year-old laptop. I've never had RAM fail before, but if that symptom is a common cause then it may be time to upgrade. :shepspends:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Ynglaur posted:

Are you being serious? It's a 5-year-old laptop. I've never had RAM fail before, but if that symptom is a common cause then it may be time to upgrade. :shepspends:

Yeh, you'll know when the ram has absolutely given up the ghost when the random shut downs start to happen during gaming, it will be maybe $40 tops to swap out or you can buy a gaming rig and use the old one for internet stuff.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Sometimes you can fix that just be re-seating your RAM. Take it out, clean the contacts, put it back in.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Thanks. I'll give that a shot. What's the right way to clean contacts?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Ynglaur posted:

Thanks. I'll give that a shot. What's the right way to clean contacts?

Probably swab with isopropyl alcohol.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Yeah, alcohol and a swab is what I've always used.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Unironically yes.
Goons are are their best when the have an enemy to fight. Papi this latest dustup. Test repeatedly etc. having been in goons for some time and having been in sigs and squads …. Goons are by and large as toxic as it gets on eve. They sit here and scream cultural revolution and there has been a lot of cultural changes but just because they semi stopped hating this or that they simply trading hating one thing for another and instead of calling people THIS they call people THAT. For all of the talk of change they really really haven’t. It’s the same song just a different instrument. And since most of them (especially delta squad) are a bunch of dramatic bitches incapable of not being part of drama or being the complete center of attention, they DO turn o men each other for entertainment lacking any credible threat. People like cyro slaavback kontan all of momento mori. Most of ascee and literally everyone in delta squad have an inherent need to be either victims themselves or heros defending some minority that never asked them to defend it They either must feel self justified or victimized to exist or their heads explode. This mind set is incredibly common in goons as I am sure in other alliances.

The only REAL way to kill goons is to leave them alone and let them tear each other apart. Without a common enemy to unite against they will turn on each other as they always do.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Yarrrrr, matey, look lively and swab ye cyber-decks

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Kesper North posted:

Yarrrrr, matey, look lively and swab ye cyber-decks

Cybberdix

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Don't need to swab, no one is having sex except mittens

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Big stuff coming through!

Can we keep the doctor who title for the new thread but change the reference to EVE 2022: A Goon Man Goes To War

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Dalmuti posted:

Unironically yes.
Goons are are their best when the have an enemy to fight. Papi this latest dustup. Test repeatedly etc. having been in goons for some time and having been in sigs and squads …. Goons are by and large as toxic as it gets on eve. They sit here and scream cultural revolution and there has been a lot of cultural changes but just because they semi stopped hating this or that they simply trading hating one thing for another and instead of calling people THIS they call people THAT. For all of the talk of change they really really haven’t. It’s the same song just a different instrument. And since most of them (especially delta squad) are a bunch of dramatic bitches incapable of not being part of drama or being the complete center of attention, they DO turn o men each other for entertainment lacking any credible threat. People like cyro slaavback kontan all of momento mori. Most of ascee and literally everyone in delta squad have an inherent need to be either victims themselves or heros defending some minority that never asked them to defend it They either must feel self justified or victimized to exist or their heads explode. This mind set is incredibly common in goons as I am sure in other alliances.

The only REAL way to kill goons is to leave them alone and let them tear each other apart. Without a common enemy to unite against they will turn on each other as they always do.

redditors huffing pure cope as we steamroll, more at 11

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Is he wrong tho

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Is he wrong tho
He is wrong about the culture revolution stuff; it is real and not for show.

The rest is pretty spot on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
edit: wrong thread, a elderly client gave me the flu and I'm mad.