Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

multistability posted:

No animals that could harbour covid were ever found to be sold at the wet market

https://twitter.com/Ayjchan/status/1495449735603367937?t=solB_3sFWl0zDXl0806qIQ&s=19

There have been no positive animal samples found at the market, after years of searching

https://twitter.com/jbloom_lab/status/1497627179965845506?t=6-0tEy9_OAWlLt03QnHSiQ&s=19

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lol this Jennifer Lopez documentary has her with a cough in December 2019 and her doctor diagnoses her with an upper respiratory tract illness

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Suplex Liberace posted:

The covid origin is the Jeff E dead man switch simple as that thread closed.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
if there was a poster who i was triggered by, i would simply put them on ignore rather than try to insinuate they were insane/rightwing/etc

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

He's just moronic.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

StratGoatCom posted:

He's just moronic.

make your sourced arguments against him or stfu dumbass

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Son of Man posted:

steve is getting sleepy

maybe he'll just rest his eyes for a minute

If I were Steve, I’d turn off all the cameras and catch up on some shuteye.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

ram dass in hell posted:

jeffrey epstein's dead man's switch is relevant itt

what will Ghislane's be

maybe it's monkeypox and it just got out a bit early

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

shocked this devolved to a tiresome ouroboros of recursively evaluating evidentiary value until everyone’s too exhausted to look for evidence or discuss anything. no one could have foreseen this.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

mark immune posted:

make your sourced arguments against him or stfu dumbass

*checks to see if I've accidentally wandered into D&D*

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe posted:

I found several samples of bad posts

Yeah, in MY rear end!!!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Driftingmouse posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/faststocknewss/status/1540838239975530496

Oh Dear God, No No Don't Do It. I want the rest of the black book to be open and justice to be served!!!!

This looks like a job for Steve Jail

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Diana Burnwood : THAT.... is Ghislaine Maxwell.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Multistability owns :coolfish:

anyways nows your chance to predict Maxwell's death to your irl friends

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/stevesilberman/status/1533831513552195584

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

also known as "Catholicism"

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I mean, did she escape that life or just graduate?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm having trouble tracking this down and I'd appreciate some help:

Edgard D. Kagan is a special assistant to the President and the Senior Director for East Asia and Oceania for the National Security Council

is he at all related to Robert Kagan, co-founder of Project for the New American Century and husband of Undersecretary of State Victoria Nuland?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

Edgard D. Kagan is a special assistant to the President and the Senior Director for East Asia and Oceania for the National Security Council

is he at all related to Robert Kagan, co-founder of Project for the New American Century and husband of Undersecretary of State Victoria Nuland?

I don’t know but it’s a pretty common name, it’s basically Cohen so idk if to read much more into it without other connections

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kagan_(surname) posted:

Kagan is a surname (Kaganovich variation). "Kagan" is a primarily Russian-Jewish surname which could be derived from the surname Cohen (in Russian the consonant h is replaced with the consonant g).

Notable people with the Kagan surname include:

Bernhard Kagan (1866–1932), German chess player, writer, publisher, editor, and organizer
Carolyn Kagan, British psychologist
Daryn Kagan (born 1963), former American newscaster
Donald Kagan (1932–2021), Yale historian specializing in ancient Greece (Frederick and Robert Kagan's father)
Elena Kagan (born 1960), Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, dean of Harvard Law School, and U.S. Solicitor General (under President Obama).
Emily Kagan (born 1981), American mixed martial artist
Frederick Kagan (born 1970), professor of military history (Robert Kagan's brother)
Henri Kagan, French chemist
Helena Kagan (1889-1978), pioneer-pediatrician of Israel
Janet Kagan (1946–2008), author
Jeremy Kagan (born 1945), American television director
Jerome Kagan (1929–2021), children developmental psychology
Joseph Kagan, Baron Kagan (1915–1995), British industrialist
Kimberly Kagan (born 1972), military historian (Frederick Kagan's wife)
Lazar Kaganovich (1893-1991), Soviet politician and administrator
Mimi Kagan (1918–1999), Russian-born American modern dancer, choreographer
Oleg Kagan (1946–1990), Russian violinist
Robert Kagan (born 1958), American historian and political commentator (Frederick Kagan's brother)
Shelly Kagan, philosopher and ethicist at Yale University
Shimon Kagan (born 1942), Israeli chess master
Veniamin Kagan (1869–1953), Russian mathematician
Vladimir Kagan (1927–2016), German furniture designer
Yisrael Meir Kagan (1838–1933), Polish-born rabbi, halakhist, and ethicist

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

mawarannahr posted:

Henri Kagan, French chemist

Edgard's uncle(?), doesn't seem interesting tho https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_B._Kagan

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

The "People of Praise."

My parents were into it when I was young. A good friend in high school was into it, until his father (a Philo prof at notre dame) published something calling them a cult - and his family got death threats.

I have several friends that went to Trinity - a private school in South Bend, run by People of Praise (and I think that justice was on the board there for a while) - and there's some shady poo poo for sure.

Edit: https://www.spiritualabuseresources.com/articles/charismatic-covenant-community-a-failed-promise
Reimers was a friend, back when I was applying to catholic seminary out of high school

Edit2: https://www.southbendtribune.com/story/opinion/2021/06/18/we-ask-people-goodwill-people-praise-step-forward/7713803002/

Uglycat has issued a correction as of 17:21 on Jun 27, 2022

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

mark immune posted:

if there was a poster who i was triggered by, i would simply put them on ignore rather than try to insinuate they were insane/rightwing/etc

you literally called me a spy, sexual deviant, and biden voter when i triggered you in this thread

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Uglycat posted:

My parents were into it when I was young. A good friend in high school was into it, until his father (a Philo prof at notre dame) published something calling them a cult - and his family got death threats.

so this was a big enough org that we have Uglycat with personal experience, and it existed temporally during Satanic Panic?

:pwn:

* goes back to reading Temple of Set stuff *

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cabbages and Kings posted:

so this was a big enough org that we have Uglycat with personal experience, and it existed temporally during Satanic Panic?

explains a lot about uglycat tbh

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Fly Molo posted:

explains a lot about uglycat tbh

abused by christian lunatics

as compared to Catpetter who is merely abused by D&D mods

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

abused by christian lunatics

as compared to Catpetter who is merely abused by D&D mods

who are, coincidentally, also christian lunatics

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

* goes back to reading Temple of Set stuff *

My father was a space meteorologist at strategic air command when I was little - out in Nebraska. Both parents are Hoosiers. In the early 90's, we moved to South Bend. When I saw the Stepen Center (a bucky dome) at notre dame, it seemed really familiar. Come to find out my parents attended a 'marriage encounter weekend' (a People of Praise product) there when I was a child, and I did that toddler dance when the dj was playing praise songs.

I went to public middle school and the diocesan high school, not Trinity (the people of praise school), but as a local I definitely know many people that were in it or went to school at trinity.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

South Bend produced both Amy Coney Barrett and Pete Buttigeig, it's a deeply cursed place not just saying this as a Purdue grad

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

StashAugustine posted:

South Bend produced both Amy Coney Barrett and Pete Buttigeig, it's a deeply cursed place not just saying this as a Purdue grad

lol

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

bedpan posted:

also known as "Catholicism"

The current LGTB people = groomer panic being spearheaded by Catholics is :ironicat: as all hell.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Tungsten posted:

you literally called me a spy, sexual deviant, and biden voter when i triggered you in this thread

lol ya but i'm right

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Uglycat posted:

Come to find out my parents attended a 'marriage encounter weekend' (a People of Praise product) there when I was a child, and I did that toddler dance when the dj was playing praise songs.

Unless someone proves otherwise this has to be some kind of church sanctioned swingers’ event.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

covid came from idiots petting deer in the pnw

animist
Aug 28, 2018

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

The current LGTB people = groomer panic being spearheaded by Catholics is :ironicat: as all hell.

projection, etc

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

do the bad guys ever get caught?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

toggle posted:

only when they’re conquered by worse guys who dig up all their skeletons to consolidate power.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

toggle posted:

Yeah

https://greekcitytimes.com/2022/02/17/adnan-oktar-turkish-jeffrey-epstein posted:

Turkish televangelist Adnan Oktar treated women like objects, while his “harem” consisted of a thousand and one mistresses, among them underage girls he had sexually abused.

He tortured women in other ways as well – one claims that his team did rhinoplasty without anesthesia.

On July 11, 2018, Adnan Oktar and more than 160 of his associates were arrested on various charges, such as leading a criminal gang, sexual abuse of minors and engaging in political or military espionage.

A year ago, the Turkish televangelist was sentenced to 1,075 years in prison and feeling they were no longer in danger, some of his victims spoke of their traumatic experiences.

Speaking to the Sunday Times, many of his “kittens”, as he called the women of his harem, did not hesitate to narrate the horror they lived by his side.

READ MORE: Turkish influencer photographed riding a huge phallus in Amsterdam receives suspended prison sentence.

A man named Şahin told The Sunday Times he became one of the televangelist’s followers through friends as a teenager.

Encouraged by Oktar, Şahin began to dress in expensive clothes and to take care of his appearance.

His good looks were a ‘bait’ for female followers to join his sex cult though.

He revealed how he and other “lions” would hang out in malls or cafes and would strike a conversation with women there and would give them his number posing as a scout for a modelling agency or a professional looking for a salesperson.

This scheme was called the ‘turnstile system’ and countless women were brought to the cult this way over the years.

Şahin, who claimed he brought 200 women into the cult, said he was brainwashed by Oktar into thinking what he was doing was right.

He eventually left the cult and with other members, shared information with police in exchange for immunity from prosecution.

One of the women at Oktar’s trial, identified only as CC, told the court that Oktar had repeatedly sexually abused her and other women.

Some of the women he had raped were forced to take contraceptive pills, CC told the court.

Asked about 69,000 contraception pills found in his home by the police, Oktar said they were used to treat skin disorders and menstrual irregularities.

Another woman, Ceylan Özgül, joined the group at the age of 24 in 2006 and became one of the groups’ most prominent members until she left and raised abuse allegations against Oktar.

She described life with the group as a ‘prison’ and added that nobody in Turkey took Oktar seriously because he liked to surround himself with scantily clad-women, but that the abuse his victims were put through was serious.

He made a career spreading conspiracy theories

For 40 years, Adnan Oktar made a career spreading conspiracy theories while on Turkish television.

He had a dynamic presence with shapely ladies surrounding him.

Oktar began to gain followers as the leader of a religious group at the University of Istanbul in the 1980s, from which he had attracted the interest of young ladies of good society by promoting Islam in a materialistic way.

He became known for his obsession with anti-Semitism , promoting the theory that Jews and Masons wanted to distort the spiritual, religious and moral values ​​of the Turkish people.

In the early 2000s, Adnan Oktar became famous as a remote announcer through the “A9 TV” television station he founded, as well as broadcasting his shows on small channels in Turkey.

READ MORE: ELENI STAIKOU: The fascinating story of avoiding Turkish sex slavery by mutilating eyeball.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
Asked about 69,000 contraception pills found in his home by the police

lmao nice

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

his beard looks like a cartoon frown

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Antonymous posted:

his beard looks like a cartoon frown

I was thinking crying clown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

toggle posted:

the NXIVM guy got caught but his billionaire heiress funders got a slap on the wrist comparatively.