Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't believe you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard posted:

I don't believe you

Anybody who only watched the Sting match and claims to have stopped watching after Sting did an insane dive off of the entrance tunnel to start the match is a liar and also a moron

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't even know what part I don't believe them the most about, but I don't believe them about pretty much every word in their posts

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/AndrewD96844442/status/1541431352129732609?s=20&t=VQaMExnhWuzAMY0CN-8NBQ

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

bahahahahahahaha

no storylines head rear end

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

Anybody who only watched the Sting match and claims to have stopped watching after Sting did an insane dive off of the entrance tunnel to start the match is a liar and also a moron

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I realize that talking about this is fairly laughable but the sheer number of firstnameBunchofnumbers usernames who signed up to/appeared on Twitter in the past two or three years is really large, and they make me think more and more that either Joe Sixpack is making his Twitter account by just taking their suggestion, or there is an enormous amount of bots on Twitter these days, being paid to try to influence public discourse.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

If they are a WWE fan and they like Russo, why not want him to write for WWE instead of AEW? Why help the competition, so to say?

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

rotinaj posted:

I realize that talking about this is fairly laughable but the sheer number of firstnameBunchofnumbers usernames who signed up to/appeared on Twitter in the past two or three years is really large, and they make me think more and more that either Joe Sixpack is making his Twitter account by just taking their suggestion, or there is an enormous amount of bots on Twitter these days, being paid to try to influence public discourse.

In December of 2017, the new Twitter accounts signup process stopped asking you what you wanted your user name to be. You can still change it but you have to go looking. Here’s a walkthrough of the change.

There are a lot of bots on Twitter but that username pattern isn’t a great sign that an account is a bot, because you were right — Joe Sixpack doesn’t even know how to reject their suggestion.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

If they are a WWE fan and they like Russo, why not want him to write for WWE instead of AEW? Why help the competition, so to say?

If Russo kills another promotion, that's less opposition to WWE, dude is playing 4D cheaa

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Thanlis posted:

In December of 2017, the new Twitter accounts signup process stopped asking you what you wanted your user name to be. You can still change it but you have to go looking. Here’s a walkthrough of the change.

There are a lot of bots on Twitter but that username pattern isn’t a great sign that an account is a bot, because you were right — Joe Sixpack doesn’t even know how to reject their suggestion.

I will say that it may not be a great sign they’re a bot, but it is a good sign they will have incredibly lovely opinions

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

as the tweet says,

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

WE SHOULD TAKE THOSE GOALPOSTS AND PUSH THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I love the people who are responding to these idiots with tons of Vince hugging pictures

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
https://twitter.com/sonofabot316/status/1541273478635978753

https://twitter.com/hadouken1993/status/1541316230044217345
https://twitter.com/hadouken1993/status/1541476262874472448

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Russo never stopped working for McMahon.

Swerve, bro!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
these people have mashed potatoes for brains

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Venomous posted:

as the tweet says,

Thats what made me start thinking of it in the first place. I love using that meme on dumb dumbs on twitter.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Dotty4x/status/1541576936543207424

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
It's true, the title should have gone to Tanahashi.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Shard posted:

bahahahahahahaha

no storylines head rear end
When actually pressed about it, down to the person these kinds of people always admit they "just read results and watch clips on Twitter."

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
https://twitter.com/_AlexisCarrillo/status/1541625455375093760

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

the first tweet on that numpty's feed:

https://twitter.com/_AlexisCarrillo/status/1537205197499342848

well, gee, idk how you missed the part where (a) FTR fired Tully Blanchard after Tully disrespected their families (b) FTR was clearly pissed off at how MJF abused Wardlow, so they probably didn't want to stay with the shithead (c) both of these events lead to an FTR face turn, and oh look, the Top Guys are teaming with the company's Top Guy, not just because Punk complements their style really well, but also because it'll piss off MJF. Clearly that came completely out of nowhere.

Venomous fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jun 28, 2022

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

boot is just so drat delicious

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'm glad WWE exists for people like that.

In a similar situation you'd have FTR come out and cut a promo where they explained in detail that they are done with MJF, then MJF would start beating them both up, then Punk would run out and save them. The whole time Corey Graves could screech about how much he hates FTR, just so you know they're good guys.

Then a week later you could have FTR team up with a bunch of other faces and start dancing.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

what's most notable for me is always the amount of effort people put in to being confused about things. Like, there was little to no ambiguity in the way the Pinnacle broke up. FTR did the fadeaway because MJF was taking them for granted, and then they went on to do their own thing. It was really simple and natural.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Venomous posted:

the first tweet on that numpty's feed:

https://twitter.com/_AlexisCarrillo/status/1537205197499342848

well, gee, idk how you missed the part where (a) FTR fired Tully Blanchard after Tully disrespected their families (b) FTR was clearly pissed off at how MJF abused Wardlow, so they probably didn't want to stay with the shithead (c) both of these events lead to an FTR face turn, and oh look, the Top Guys are teaming with the company's Top Guy, not just because Punk complements their style really well, but also because it'll piss off MJF. Clearly that came completely out of nowhere.

these people are the reason wwe does 5 minute video recap packages for every god drat angle and runs them all once per hour

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My parents are both in their mid 60s and my Mom just started watching AEW about 5 weeks ago after not watching wrestling for almost 20 years. She is the mythical "casual viewer".

She has never once asked my Dad to clarify anything, it's all explained on screen. You might miss the deep stuff, but the basics are all on TV. Sure, I know Claudio and Eddie don't get along because of Chikara. But if you don't know that, it's fine, Eddie's loving screaming his head off at the end of the show, you don't need him to grab a mic and say "I'm angry because this guy I don't like is back!"

Very curious if people who complain AEW is "too hard to understand" also get confused at movies and TV shows. Do they get angry at video games, wondering why Link is always fighting Ganondorf?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Link fights Ganon over and over. That’s WWE booking, so they are probably fine with it

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Regardless of anything else, this guy’s fivehead should probably be used for advertising things

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A Fancy Hat posted:

Very curious if people who complain AEW is "too hard to understand" also get confused at movies and TV shows. Do they get angry at video games, wondering why Link is always fighting Ganondorf?
*watching Star Wars*

"What the gently caress why is this Ben guy helping out this kid? Who even is this nerd kid?"

@StarWars why didn't you tell me who this Luke kid is? I turned this trash off after five minutes

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Also FTR seemed annoyed that MJF was literally renting them out to other stables

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

A Fancy Hat posted:

Like I said up the page, they're almost always people who only watch Twitter clips and read results. Nobody who actually follows it finds it confusing unless they're muting all commentary and looking at their phones the whole time.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Maybe that person doesn’t watch AEW programming consistently and are just dipping in on occasion and are distracted watching the show.

Why IS Link always fighting ganedorf?

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/WrestlingVixen/status/1541730666504749059?t=ujzp2C4MmEYVugl35xefaA&s=19

As a body language expert,

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Someone reply with Okada wearing Nick Jackson's gear as a rib

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
can't believe hug gate is where we're at.

also both these tweets lol

https://twitter.com/WrestlingVixen/status/1541790746214285312

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ah yes, I'm sure professional wrestling's greatest goofball is uncomfortable with being hugged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Could be wrong, but was Okada the one that pulled him back in after he let go? Or Claudio? I think it was Okada, he did the Manchester City thing afterwards