Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
ALWAYS WITH THE MILLERS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Xiahou Dun posted:

Are you watching the hearing?

Yep! Let's see if this leads to ANYTHING real. This is not even a speedbump towards the specter of Trump 2024.

Riptor posted:

its pretty significant my dude

Significant to whom exactly? Who is this going to affect?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:lol: Trump wanted to go to the insurrection, but walk to the Capital?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
"we're going to get charged with every crime imaginable"

that's a pretty good quote to show people were aware of what was happening

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Inner Light posted:

Looks like I was right! Nothing 'explosive' today, although the hearing is not over yet, I doubt they are saving the best for last.

:stare:

If you think a firsthand account of Trump (and Meadows lying) knowing all those people were heavily armed and wanted them to march to the Capitol is "Nothing" then your brain is a worm ridden applecore

That's conspiracy to commit sedition

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 28, 2022

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Every time I forget mogul was his secret service name

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Haha Trump's code name was Mogul

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

TulliusCicero posted:

:stare:

If you think a fisthand account of Trump (and Meadows lying) knowing all those people were heavily armed and wanted them to march to the Capitol is "Nothing" then your brain is a worm ridden applecore

That's conspiracy to commit sedition

We basically knew all of this before my dude. How on earth could anyone not know there was going to be violence on the 6th, especially the intelligence community and chiefs of staff? Credible threats were widely reported in all major media outlets for several days beforehand. Maybe the 7 years of apathy has rotted my brain a bit but I don't think I'm too far off base from reality.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

Inner Light posted:

We basically knew all of this before my dude. How on earth could anyone not know there was going to be violence on the 6th? Credible threats were widely reported in all major media outlets for several days beforehand.

We had an idea but nothing solid enough which gave everybody plausible deniability. They could've just said "Hey we gave a speech and, all of the sudden, the armed people showed up and took over. I was shocked!" They not only knew, they orchestrated it!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Good actual god, such a wide amount of getting hosed is happening. She's running them over back and forth with the bus

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Inner Light posted:

We basically knew all of this before my dude. How on earth could anyone not know there was going to be violence on the 6th, especially the intelligence community and chiefs of staff? Credible threats were widely reported in all major media outlets for several days beforehand. Maybe the 7 years of apathy has rotted my brain a bit but I don't think I'm too far off base from reality.

do you understand the legal distinction between an assumption and testimony

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Mark and Scott Perry, Mark and Rudy Giuliani... a convo about him going into the House Chamber at one point...

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Never before have so many people been so thoroughly hosed by a single hour of a testimony.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I hope this woman gets 24/7 protection for the foreseeable future.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Trump wanted to be in the Senate chamber for the vote certification :aaa:

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Riptor posted:

do you understand the legal distinction between an assumption and testimony

Yes, but I think the Jan 6 committee has had similar testimony before. I'm not hearing anything new. It's 'explosive' in that you can get some more clicks on the news articles, but what effect will the testimony have in reality? That is the point I am trying to get at.

Maybe I'll drop it for now sorry, my apathy is pretty unstoppable at this point and it can come across as annoying in my posts.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Inner Light posted:

Yes, but I think the Jan 6 committee has had similar testimony before.

You are incorrect

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Ahahaha he had a huge fit when he was told no.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

What the gently caress...

he litteraly tried to loving commandeer the car and drive to the capitol...

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Ahahahahaha omg

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Add assault to the charges.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Credible, but yeah, this part of relaying a conversation she wasn't in is hearsay.

But this gets a lot more pressure on people to get up and testify under oath.

Jesus Christ, Trump may have gone after a guy physically??

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Holy poo poo Trump tried to take the wheel and tried to strangle a guy in the car

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

TRUMP TRIED TO CHOKE A DUDE

HE STRAIGHT UP WENT FOR HIS THROAT LIKE A RAGING PSYCHO

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Holy gently caress! He tried to choke his security detail!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Trump reaching for the steering wheel of the beast, then attacking Bobby Engle. loving hell.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Holy gently caress. Trump tried to attack his Secret Service driver. What the poo poo

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

Woah, she is probably going to fall out of a window or something after this hour.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
He tried to grab the steering wheel and assault his driver lol.
TRUMP TAKE THE WHEEL

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Is this legally hearsay? I'm not a lawyer, but I thought hearsay would be if this witness were to say she heard another person talk about what Trump said.

Anyway, that magnetometer statement is pretty damning. The only defense I can think of is that Trump could insist he meant "These people wouldn't hurt me, they're my biggest fans!" If he emphasized the "me", as in "hurt me", that seems inescapable.

Edit: Jesus H Christ, he attacked a Secret Service guy?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
BTW we are only now approaching 14:00 ETD.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jesus loving Christ

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

William Bear posted:

Is this legally hearsay? I'm not a lawyer, but I thought hearsay would be if this witness were to say she heard another person talk about what Trump said.

Anyway, that magnetometer statement is pretty damning. The only defense I can think of is that Trump could insist he meant "These people wouldn't hurt me, they're my biggest fans!" If he emphasized the "me", as in "hurt me", that seems inescapable.

It's definitely hearsay. That's easy.

The complex part is that there are a poo poo load of exceptions that allow hearsay into testimony. Like, keep in mind, the concept of e-mail is also technically hearsay.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
"Ketchup dripping down the wall..."

god drat reality

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

William Bear posted:

The stuff about the mags, no. She was a witness. The stuff about the motorcade back to the West Wing, yes. Personally, I think the mags stuff is more damning.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
:lmao:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
He’s a loving ketchup throwing toddler.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

mik posted:

"Ketchup dripping down the wall..."

god drat reality

Goddamn baby

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Broken China and Ketchup on The Wall

By Cassidy Hutchinson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
Do we know if they have subpoenaed or deposed the secret service guy?