Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
They have all the way until 16:00 EDT but they have moved on to 01/07 stuff so I suppose they are wrapping up, unless they have other business besides Hutchinson's testimony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Jaxyon posted:

Is there video of someone saying that Trump tried to choke out his Secret Service driver in a rage because lol when that's proven to have happened and he still doesn't get any consequences.

https://twitter.com/January6thCmte/status/1541845690107699205

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

These are pretty much "fill in the blank name here" forms.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

lol trump only has like two defenses

i remember reading about one of his staff being charged with organized crime from way before he was president and it was the same exact wording

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
They're done now. But holy poo poo.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

They're done now. But holy poo poo.

Who knows what the gently caress is even gonna be in the concluding remarks at this point.

loving hell.

Edit : Evidence of overtly threatening witnesses. That's what we have.

gently caress!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I hope she has one absolute hell of a protective detail

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Xiahou Dun posted:

Who knows what the gently caress is even gonna be in the concluding remarks at this point.

loving hell.

I'm spent

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

mdemone posted:

I'm spent

I'm spending the rest of the day just smoking and staring into space, I guess.

I wish I still drank.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
lol just some mafia-style witness tampering

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Jaxyon posted:

lol trump only has like two defenses

i remember reading about one of his staff being charged with organized crime from way before he was president and it was the same exact wording

Trump's entire persona is that of a wannabe mafioso. I'm sure decades of dealing with the actual mafia in the NYC construction business left a mark on him.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
lmao i love that. "if you've suddenly remembered something, our door is open"

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

lol just some mafia-style witness tampering

Straight up witness intimidation too, reading the quotes. Like, they weren't even subtle about it. Straight up implicitly saying (In that shady "Well, it'd be a shame if you interpreted it the way that is incriminating." mafioso-esque bastardry, no less.) "if you don't help us mislead and undermine the investigation then you'll be against us" with the implication of consequences of something happening if you tell the truth. Like literally they told one witness to "stay loyal" when called to testify and then that they know they'll do the right thing by Trump. :stare:

And then one of them suggests that not doing what the person doing the witness intimidation wants could lead to consequences like being on the outs with Trump world.

No wonder she needs a protection detail.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 28, 2022

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

lol trump is so loving doa politically

even before all this

Trump is done.

How on earth does he ever make it through campaign season in 2024? The Dem campaign ads would all just be clips of the hearing and they would run 24 hours a day. Also he would completely obliterate every Republican down ballot from him. Every Republican running for anything up to and including Dog Catcher would be forced in every interview over and over again to either condemn Trump or be called an enabler.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

-Blackadder- posted:

Trump is done.

How on earth does he ever make it through campaign season in 2024? The Dem campaign ads would all just be clips of the hearing and they would run 24 hours a day. Also he would completely obliterate every Republican down ballot from him. Every Republican running for anything up to and including Dog Catcher would be forced in every interview over and over again to either condemn Trump or be called an enabler.

Im sure this post will age well.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
Was this shown on Fox? I'm working on a project and didn't get a chance to check.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Svanja posted:

Was this shown on Fox? I'm working on a project and didn't get a chance to check.

Big Fox or Fox News?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I switched over to find out what's on FOX. They are covering key takeaways from the hearing, and right now they are reacting to the 25th Amd. news. It looks like an actual news network rn. :shrug:

quote:

They are building a very strong case on this idea of corruptly impeding Congress from doign its job, and it's a federal crime...." "Information about how armed to the teeth the crowd was, and why should I care they aren't here to hurt me,"

It's unflinching right now for sure.

Waiting for the spin tonight.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 28, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

-Blackadder- posted:

Trump is done.

10,000 people in the right states either not showing to vote, voting for some wacky daffy protest party, or not being allowed to vote by GOP voter restriction laws makes him POTUS again. If he wins the nomination, he gets an automatic 49.5% of the vote he needs, it’s just a matter of how much Biden has pissed off or sadbrain’d enough people for him to lose out of that remaining 50.1% of the electorate who bothers to participate.

Thinking this has done Trump in in any way is folly. Voters have short memories.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

-Blackadder- posted:

Trump is done.

If he's (somehow) legally allowed to run, more chuds will vote for him than in 2020

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Archonex posted:

No wonder she needs a protection detail.

ngl I'm having trouble garnering up sympathy for someone who willingly served some of the most wretched people in politics.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1349886404873089026

Never knew her. Just a coffee girl. Never met her. But I can tell you, she's bad news.

That's what really bothers me about republicans is how they continue to give credibility to this loving baby idiot is it everyone around Trump is a liar and despicable? But Trump isn't? At some point, it's like the saying- if everyone is an rear end in a top hat to you everyday...YOU'RE THE rear end in a top hat!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

If he's (somehow) legally allowed to run, more chuds will vote for him than in 2020

where are these previously unmobilized chud voters coming from? Trump continues to bleed anyone even remotely to the center and I struggle to see where trump is going to find a bunch of motivated, engaged supporters who somehow sat 2020 out?

worth noting that these hearings have been 90% republicans. Pretty much everyone talking any significant amount of time is an establishment republican.

there is zero legitimate path to victory for trump with a divided GOP. if there was, he would've won in 2020

Nelson Mandingo posted:

That's what really bothers me about republicans is how they continue to give credibility to this loving baby idiot is it everyone around Trump is a liar and despicable? But Trump isn't? At some point, it's like the saying- if everyone is an rear end in a top hat to you everyday...YOU'RE THE rear end in a top hat!

this is exactly why republicans are currently working to purge him from their party, as we just watched for 2 straight hours

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

Charliegrs posted:

Im sure this post will age well.

Yeah I don't see how he's done when his supporters are still deeply embedded in the goverment at all levels and the Jan 6th rioters are folk heros in large swathes of the country.

In a few months the Republicans will have control of the House and Senate and they'll host their own hearings to witch hunt all of his enemies.

The onlything that will stop Trump 2024 is heart disease.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
FOX has moved on to Maxwell's sentencing.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Trump just got these monsters the overturning of Roe vs Wade they wanted for decades. They don't give a gently caress about democracy they are completely supercharged right now that they are finally going to get the theocracy they wanted all along. Trump is an absolute shoe in for the nomination if he runs again and if he does he stands a strong chance of winning because like usual the Dems are asleep at the wheel. I don't know why anyone thinks these hearing will sway people who are already truly evil to their core.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Charliegrs posted:

Trump just got these monsters the overturning of Roe vs Wade they wanted for decades. They don't give a gently caress about democracy they are completely supercharged right now that they are finally going to get the theocracy they wanted all along. Trump is an absolute shoe in for the nomination if he runs again and if he does he stands a strong chance of winning because like usual the Dems are asleep at the wheel. I don't know why anyone thinks these hearing will sway people who are already truly evil to their core.

no one thinks it will sway trump die-hards. more significantly though: trump diehards are not a big enough number to win the election. even 2020 trump was a 5-10 point liability over generic R

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

nine-gear crow posted:

10,000 people in the right states either not showing to vote, voting for some wacky daffy protest party, or not being allowed to vote by GOP voter restriction laws makes him POTUS again. If he wins the nomination, he gets an automatic 49.5% of the vote he needs, it’s just a matter of how much Biden has pissed off or sadbrain’d enough people for him to lose out of that remaining 50.1% of the electorate who bothers to participate.

Thinking this has done Trump in in any way is folly. Voters have short memories.

Point. People not showing up is how he got in the first time after all.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Haha, subtle.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1541857816419377153

Lmao. Ken Starr's goons know what's up!

https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1541860388433760258

EDIT: Sometimes I can't tell the difference between Democrat members of Congress and posters here:

https://twitter.com/RubenGallego/status/1541842922148069377
https://twitter.com/RubenGallego/status/1541844201704497152
https://twitter.com/ericswalwell/status/1541842826685808645
https://twitter.com/RepJayapal/status/1541863793864495104

William Bear fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 28, 2022

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Herstory Begins Now posted:

no one thinks it will sway trump die-hards. more significantly though: trump diehards are not a big enough number to win the election. even 2020 trump was a 5-10 point liability over generic R

Who even is a "generic R" these days? And even if a few of them still exist they will pull the lever for R in 2022/2024 no matter who the nominee is.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol at everything

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Charliegrs posted:

Who even is a "generic R" these days? And even if a few of them still exist they will pull the lever for R in 2022/2024 no matter who the nominee is.

It basically means anyone who isn't trump/lacks trump's baggage. If you want proof of it, look how trump managed to significantly underperform republican senate candidates in several states.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol at everything

I walked out of the room and came back in to hear serious testimony about catchup dripping down the wall

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I'm still looking for work, I am still keeping my weight steady at 160lbs. That said, I am about to go ask the lady what she wants to eat because we celebrate today's hunt with a feast, for tomorrow, we hunt!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Well this was all just absolutely insane.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Sorry to be that guy, could anyone give a rundown on what the gently caress happened today? I've been posting but also have enough poo poo to do at work I couldn't turn it on a feed and watch consistently

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

So you liberals were wrong again. He didn't send them to kill members of Congress, he was just allowing them to do so

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Meanwhile, Georgia is either going to indict him or not indict him by this Thursday the 30th.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

TipTow posted:

Sorry to be that guy, could anyone give a rundown on what the gently caress happened today? I've been posting but also have enough poo poo to do at work I couldn't turn it on a feed and watch consistently
--We got the smoking gun
--Trump World knew it was going to be violent and main parties that would instigate most extreme violence
--Confirmation again Trump was okay with Pence dying
--Plan was for Trump to go to Capital
--Trump tried to take the wheel and strangle a secret service agent when prevented from doing so
--Intimidated witnesses afterwards

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
I tried to explain Mike Flynn and Roger Stone to my girlfriend when we were watching the hearings and I don't think you can explain them without sounding like a crazy person.

You sound like a conspiracy theorist because both of their whole deals and their backgrounds are about conspiring to do sketchy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
"general, do you believe in the peaceful transfer of power?"

"I plead the fifth"