Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Question IRL posted:

A few weeks ago my friends asked me about this El Muerto movie.
I can guarantee the reason Sony are making it is they had a script for a "Action movie staring a Wrestler" and somebody got it green lit by adding the Spider-man IP to the project.
I really don't think that movie gets made, unless it's really cheap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Movies are still made for non American audiences sometimes.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Apparently what actually happened is Sony approached Bad Bunny about starring in a Spiderman movie and so they went down the list of Latino super people that ever appeared in the comics and settled on El Muerto :shrug:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Bro Dad posted:

Apparently what actually happened is Sony approached Bad Bunny about starring in a Spiderman movie and so they went down the list of Latino super people that ever appeared in the comics and settled on El Muerto :shrug:
I would imagine it's pretty low in terms of Spider-Man stuff once you take Miles Morales off the table.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

they got to El Muerto without hitting Miguel O'Hara and going "well, Miguel is for sure a Hispanic sounding name..." because the list was alphabetical and everyone involved was booked for another meeting in twenty minutes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Karma Tornado posted:

they got to El Muerto without hitting Miguel O'Hara and going "well, Miguel is for sure a Hispanic sounding name..." because the list was alphabetical and everyone involved was booked for another meeting in twenty minutes.

Oscar Isaac is coming back to the part for the next Spider-Verse movie so they probably didn't want to double dip right now.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Black Tarantula is right there.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

OTOH I'm not opposed to a modern day luchadore superhero movie. If they do it well could be a lot of fun

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bad Bunny also loves professional wrestling so that's probably why he chose it over other Latino roles.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I’m surprised they didn’t go for Tarantula or Black Tarantula. Yeah they’re villains but just rework them to antiheroes, it’s not like Sony actually cares about these characters in any way.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Back in the '70s Marvel had an explosion of martial arts characters and one of them was White Tiger, a Puerto Rican. Marvel's first Hispanic superhero. I always thought he was cool but I'm not sure who has the rights for him. I assumed he was part of Spider-Man's world because that's how I was introduced to him and other versions of the character have been adapted in Spider-Man cartoons but apparently he started out in Shang-Chi so maybe he doesn't belong to Sony.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Lobok posted:

Back in the '70s Marvel had an explosion of martial arts characters and one of them was White Tiger, a Puerto Rican. Marvel's first Hispanic superhero. I always thought he was cool but I'm not sure who has the rights for him. I assumed he was part of Spider-Man's world because that's how I was introduced to him and other versions of the character have been adapted in Spider-Man cartoons but apparently he started out in Shang-Chi so maybe he doesn't belong to Sony.

I know at least at one point there's a new female White Tiger and she appeared frequently in Daredevil.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The mantle has been held by a few people, yeah. The one I can recall appearing in the Spidey cartoons was Aya.

But that's one reason why even if the character belongs to Sony they might have skipped over it for Bad Bunny, if they wanted to save it as a female role.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Movies are still made for non American audiences sometimes.

Yeah but I don't think China really cares about Bad Bunny or El Muerto, do they?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Emma Roberts has signed on to Sony’s Madame Web project in an unknown role

https://twitter.com/variety/status/1541465658843709441?s=21&t=hNmIhjXyYukfKVjxaubr3A

I'm sure there are tons of characters she could play but the first one that popped into my head was Felicia Hardy

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

SlimGoodbody posted:

I'm sure there are tons of characters she could play but the first one that popped into my head was Felicia Hardy
That was my thought. I know they had tried a few years ago to get a Black Cat/Silver Sable movie going but that didn't end up getting greenlit.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

She's playing White Rabbit and they're adapting the single best issue of Spectacular Spider-Man

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Cast that guy from Whiplash as Reed. What was his name? JK Simmons

"Not now Susan, I'm looking over Future Foundation applications
*sips coffee, picks up application*
*spits coffee* "SPIDER-MAN?!?!?!"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1541553354240692225

Okay, whew, we're free to have a Reed who's actually semi-interesting

I see people suggest William Jackson Harper a lot and that would be cool, I think

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Make Reed a woman. Keep Sue a woman.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Rami Malek as Reed
Elizabeth Banks as Sue
Joe Keery as Johnny
Tom Hardy as Ben

(I did not put much thought into this)

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Rami Malek sucks, dude

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

I see people suggest William Jackson Harper a lot and that would be cool, I think

William Jackson Harper would loving own the role.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Soul Glo posted:

Rami Malek sucks, dude

He's kinda creepy and unsettling and I think that would be good for Reed.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

You put the fam in the rocket ship and make them take off
You put the fam in the rocket ship and add the cosmic rays
You put the fam in the rocket ship and makes them all... weird

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Reed sees the Time Knife.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Bruce Campbell as Reed
Bruce Campbell as Sue
Bruce Campbell as Johnny
Bruce Campbell as Grimm

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Okay, Jeremy Davies as Reed, Kaitlyn Dever as Sue, Daimon Herriman as Johnny and Walton Goggins as Ben.

Don’t worry about the age difference between reed and sue, totally normal holllywood stuff. They’re basically the same age.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Joe Fisto posted:

Okay, Jeremy Davies as Reed, Kaitlyn Dever Joelle Carter as Sue, Daimon Herriman as Johnny and Walton Goggins as Ben.

would that mean Tim Olyphant is Doom?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Switch it, Timothy Olyphant is Reed and Jeremy Davies is Doom.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If Timothy Oliphant is Reed, Josh Duhamel do should be Doom. Or vice versa.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Arist posted:

As long as they have the Good Place crew take on the Fantastic 4.

Tahani as the Invisible Woman, desperate to be seen would be fantastic.
Jason as the Thing would be very Korg-like.

What role would Janet take on? Disco Janet as Dazzler?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Man, 90s Ted Danson would've made for a great Reed Richards.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jun 28, 2022

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Andrew_1985 posted:

What role would Janet take on? Disco Janet as Dazzler?

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

Andrew_1985 posted:

Leaves Eleanor as Johnny, which, sure, that works.

Marc Evan Jackson as Doom kind of works for me.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Andrew_1985 posted:

As long as they have the Good Place crew take on the Fantastic 4.

Not that she couldn't double dip, but Jameela Jamil's playing Titania in She Hulk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwwzMw8RDWA

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Eleanor with the power to set herself on fire wpuld be loving amazing to be fair

King Baby
Sep 30, 2021

Omnomnomnivore posted:

“Hello, idiots. Surprised to see me? [sighs] Right. You don't remember. I'm DOOM! You are very scared of me.”

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Dr. Victor Von Doom is very much the level of silly name that Tom Holland Spider-Man and Co. would get the giggles about in modern MCU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

But maybe the Madame Web movie isn't actually a Madame Web movie???

https://twitter.com/johncampea/status/1541638196399702016