Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I want “when the Pope goes to Moscow” to be a new phrase for “when the poo poo goes down”.

My Grandpa's favorite joke was to combine " is the Pope catholic?" with " does a bear poo poo in the woods?" And say " Does the Pope poo poo in the woods?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
It would be interesting, if a bit boring, to look at that eventually documentary to see if anything in it would date to this specific period when Alex was out-of-office. It would mean he likely commissioned the documentary itself, with the goal of it being to maintain audience during the Sandy Hook trials.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I'm sure Alex's take on roe vs wade being removed will be a sane measured one.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Can anyone give me an over/under as to whether the new episode will be deeply upsetting? Like I’m 90 percent sure it’ll be but I hate to miss an episode

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Depends on your threshold. I find anything related to the decision to be pretty upsetting but Alex himself is pretty subdued, relatively speaking. Just sort of "the culture of LIFE is winning, the death cult is DYING" bullshit. He did have a couple callers I wanted to throttle, though.

I actually found Joe Brown's anti-trans riffs harder to stomach. Only had a passing familiarity with him--never got into court shows--but truly, what a garbage human.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

JaneError posted:

Depends on your threshold. I find anything related to the decision to be pretty upsetting but Alex himself is pretty subdued, relatively speaking. Just sort of "the culture of LIFE is winning, the death cult is DYING" bullshit. He did have a couple callers I wanted to throttle, though.

I actually found Joe Brown's anti-trans riffs harder to stomach. Only had a passing familiarity with him--never got into court shows--but truly, what a garbage human.

Ooooh thank you for the heads up on the latter. It’s the dehumanization that’s gets me.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Yeah, the Brown segment is pretty gross; he's very transphobic and drops the t-slur at one point, and also seems really concerned about whether boys can get boners or not.

Oh, and he claims to be concerned about cis women, so long as they're breeding

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Judge Joe Brown was also in the "documentary" Buck Breaking, saying the same things he said in the clips.

He's had a wild turn from TV judge to rambling about how the LGBTQIA+ issues are all a long con to get out of fighting in Vietnam. It seems to be his main thing now.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's fine for Alex to ruin "We Belong To The City" because Glenn Frey can go suck a lemon, but leave "Never Tear Us Apart" alone. It's hard enough being an INXS fan as it is.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The callers are way, way more upsetting. Nobody's celebrating for the lives of the unborn or whatever. Instead it's all "this is just step 1, next we're gonna strip away even MORE rights".

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
In perhaps more confusing news, someone got the idea that if Steve Pieczenik actually did complete all those academic degrees or not, then there would be a record of some kind. In turn, someone located his PhD thesis at the MIT academic library. Regrettably, it is possible that he could in fact have all the accreditation that he said he did, but only because the chronology given was a little off. He got his PhD in '82, after the Aldo Moro assassination, and his thesis is apparently him talking about it in a rather self-serving way.

If he is talking about it honestly or not, it's impossible to say. Even from a skim of the first few pages, my guess is he isn't.

It's... uh... Basically a giant advertisement for his early novels, and about how his entirely fictional novels are somehow better than actual researched texts on hostage negotiation. How his classifies as academic research worthy of a Doctoral Degree is a bit beyond me, but the thesis actually exists in MIT's library, so...

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Jim Breuer's heel turn sure is a bummer

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Whats the O/U on the number of times that Alex cajoles him into doing goat boy

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Negative attention is still attention and he has bills to pay. My daughters watched a Disney teen show and Jim Breuer appeared on it as himself for a few episodes.

Desperation makes people do crazy things.

Also, he might just be massively stupid.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Three Cheers for Boners!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
In my quest to listen to every episode (280 left!) I finally got to #60 Project Camelot's introduction. Bit excited for it

(I randomly grab a few every day in no order. Feel like if I listened it from the start to present day the dread of it would stop me)

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I can confirm that listening from the beginning is soul destroying.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm up to Stefan Molyneux's Episode on my third listen through and I can tell you that It's Fine I'm Fine Don't Worry About Me hard yes on white genocide

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

This was posted in the right wing media thread but I thought that this thread may enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb-qYZG0BKo

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

That's what Owen looks like? lol

E: okay doing an ad pivot during that interview was pretty funny. This is why Alex is interesting and none of the rest of those dipshits are. He has just enough self awareness and sense of humor to seem like a human instead of a robot the way the Shapiro types do.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 29, 2022

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
Mike and that other guy from Red letter media could do a pretty credible pair impression of Alex Jones and Owen

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, the Brown segment is pretty gross; he's very transphobic and drops the t-slur at one point, and also seems really concerned about whether boys can get boners or not.

Oh, and he claims to be concerned about cis women, so long as they're breeding

The Transphobia in that is so awful it somehow someway goes all the way around and becomes almost funny. Key word almost

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

LionYeti posted:

The Transphobia in that is so awful it somehow someway goes all the way around and becomes almost funny. Key word almost

Judge Brown is what happens when you type "every boomer stereotype but worse" into one of those AI neural net picture generating apps. The output is laughable gibberish, and yet your brain knows to react with disgust.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Im glad Wopner died before we could find out he was a monster.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
Lmao if trump declares before the midterms

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Im glad Wopner died before we could find out he was a monster.

Wopner, we hardly knew her

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Grand Fromage posted:

That's what Owen looks like? lol

Guys like Owen and Harrison Smith look like such loving dorks.

edit: Does anyone remember what stretch of episodes the ShadowGate saga was? I remember it being extremely funny.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Testekill posted:

Guys like Owen and Harrison Smith look like such loving dorks.

edit: Does anyone remember what stretch of episodes the ShadowGate saga was? I remember it being extremely funny.

I just got to those episodes a couple days ago. It starts at 170. Amazing saga.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The gate of gates.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
The water of waters

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Oh my God today's episode was amazing front to back. I love the Squatch and their representative.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Early on, the "throw nukes out the back of the ship for propulsion" drive was once seriously considered until it became obvious that it's even worse for life than using mercury compounds as propellant.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Last night I listened to the Project Camelot episode about the 1920s spirit medium who would do seances and poo poo and I think that might be my favorite Sweary Kerry ep so far.

Looks like it's gonna be a Kerry heavy 24 hours for me with this new ep. I find Kerry is better in smaller chunks because it's just a lot of "not even wrong" nonsense that isn't even worth debunking. 'Squach should be a good time though.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

This thread dropped off my radar for a while, and I was afraid all the posters had been forced to merge with AI computers and become cyborg slaves of Satan

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

FFT posted:

Early on, the "throw nukes out the back of the ship for propulsion" drive was once seriously considered until it became obvious that it's even worse for life than using mercury compounds as propellant.

Blowing up nukes in space is fine, it's not like you're going to make it more radioactive or anything.

It was also considered for ground launches, which is not the best idea though it'd be a drop in the bucket compared to all the nukes we were already detonating for tests.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Well, yeah, once you're already in space it's "fine".

It's the takeoff, initial acceleration, final deceleration, and landing stages that are a problem for your takeoff and landing points.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

really I'm just disappointed neither of them knew to call it out as Project Orion

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
The Major may be a wonk

https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1543953970854612992?s=21&t=nj4IaaDBOLw0LFc6WBr6NA

Per a tweet in the thread below, in one of the early project Camelot episodes they told Mark Richards, if he was listening, to create an intelligent cuttlefish species and this guy did it.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I just got to the Daniel Jordan bit, though I figured it was equally likely pulled from Daniel Jackson since all these guys get their stories from TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I’m going to have to listen to the raw PC episode, but I am getting powerful improv vibes off the guy. I don’t do improv, but I am a fan of improv and have listened to hundreds of hours. This guy was “yes, and-ing” like a motherfucker.