Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they will indite, they kinda have to after all of this,

what i am curious about is would it have been worse or better if trump had led them down the hall toward pence and co with ashlie and poo poo for some magic fake coup. like what happens then espcially if the chuds attack pence.

indict

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they will indite, they kinda have to after all of this,

what i am curious about is would it have been worse or better if trump had led them down the hall toward pence and co with ashlie and poo poo for some magic fake coup. like what happens then espcially if the chuds attack pence.

When you have the president leading an armed mob through the halls of the legislature to attack or kill the legislators, what part of that is a "magic, fake" coup?

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

I don’t know why, but today I’ve seen at least a half dozen internet people spell it like it’s pronounced.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
There are (or were) recordings of both the Beast incident with Trump trying to grab the wheel and of the burger going splorch against the wall, right? Those are two of the most secure locations on the planet I'm assuming they're recorded. Give us the ketchup tape, also the piss tape

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Cimber posted:

But I think this is what the DoJ was waiting for so they could finally indite that turdburgler. If they don't indite him then we are truly lost as a country.

Trump didn't do this alone. The whole RNC and lots of congressional and senate Republicans helped plan and execute.

Even if they fulfill our wildest dreams and put trump under the jail, the planners and financiers will still be out there, planning and financing their next coup attempt.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I realize it's not specific to Trump but lol a him riding around in a car with the same name as his Transmetropolitan character.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Thank you. That's been bothering the poo poo out of me.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Xiahou Dun posted:

Thank you. That's been bothering the poo poo out of me.

Yeah yeah, i hosed it up

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Fritz the Horse posted:

. Give us the ketchup tape, also the piss tape

It's the same tape. He's always pissing

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

admin tyranny strikes again

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

GreyjoyBastard posted:

admin tyranny strikes again

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Uglycat posted:

Question for republican senators: should trump be charged with federal crimes, or is the appropriate response to impeach, convict, and revoke his ability to hold public office?

Republican senators will, to a man, not vote to convict while excoriating him to the sky, just like they did the last time.

However they have no control over a grand jury deciding rebellion or insurrection, witness tampering, seditious conspiracy and inciting a riot, the first of which is a crime which will result in barring those convicted of ever holding public office again.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Cimber posted:

Yeah yeah, i hosed it up

I wasn't gonna be a dick and correct anyone's spelling, but it was like 2 solid pages of increasingly bizarre semi-phonetic spellings.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
indicked

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

endight

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If Trump can do a coup, I can sure as poo poo spell "indict" this way :colbert:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
imdighted

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
"Sauces close to the president" has gotta be one of the best puns i've heard out of this.

Also holy poo poo at the idea of him whipping a burger on a plate slathered in ketchup at the wall. Bet it was a reheated McDonalds burger like he kept trying to serve to guests too.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
The coup was really just throwing everything at the wall to see what would stick.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/1541910389289635841

ooh boy lets see if their anonymous source comes for testimony under oath (they wont)

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
But seriously this is insane and the president was socially and violently barricading himself in the White House dining room with burgers like he was the Hamburglar contemplating pulling a fast food themed parody of Waco out of sheer rage and frustration over not being able to lead a murderous attack on the capital after he tried to hijack the Beast and got slapped down. What a loving mess of a human being.

That McConnell went to the mat to protect this guy (and some of the sitting Republicans may have aided in scouting the place out) along with the rest of the Republicans is such a loving disgrace and embarrassment for the country.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jun 28, 2022

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/tbogg/status/1541869009536069632?s=21&t=S9pQWNxruev9PhPTXPvuLg

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

ooh boy lets see if their anonymous source comes for testimony under oath (they wont)

Engle has already testified otherwise. I bet Peter Alexander is getting played here.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

An unspecified source who totally knows the guys says nuh unh.

Hard hitting reportage.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Fritz the Horse posted:

There are (or were) recordings of both the Beast incident with Trump trying to grab the wheel and of the burger going splorch against the wall, right? Those are two of the most secure locations on the planet I'm assuming they're recorded. Give us the ketchup tape, also the piss tape

https://twitter.com/January6thCmte/status/1541868218922541058

I went back and checked the testimony from today after seeing the usual MAGA idiots making big claims about Trump not being able to grab the steering wheel in the Beast. It wasn't the Beast/presidential limo. It was a Secret Service suburban. So that argument is dead.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

"A source very familiar with the President's thinking and bowel habits has told me Donald Trump did not lunge at the Secret service agent"

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

On Terra Firma posted:

One thing that doesn't make any sense to me is why would the DOJ need to wait for the committee to bring this information forward? Aren't they supposed to be the expert fact finding gumshoes?
This is a very good question that I have written a response to several times. Since it's such a good question I will type it again:

There is one huge reason to let the J6 Committee "go first" at the witnesses instead of the DOJ. Time is of the essence because if this whole plot isn't exposed by this September, it probably never would be. We needed these hearings for the same reason we needed the Watergate hearings. To inform and persuade the public to care. I suspect it is actually working and will, going forward from today, gather steam.

But: Imagine if DOJ had gone guns after Trump and everybody else before the J6 committee. What would that look like? First of all, Garland would empanel a Grand Jury and call witnesses to testify. Grand Jury testimony is secret! By the time they could get to the bottom of this, it would be time for the 2022 mid-terms and we would only know what can be figured out from public-facing court documents and leaks. A leaky GJ isn't going to inspire confidence in the DOJ first, but second, a perfectly water-tight GJ would mean none of us know all of this. Trump's base would be saying all of this FUD and chaff without the public knowing anything. Then the GOP wins the midterms and there never is a J6 committee. Ever.
By allowing the Select Committee to "go first" they are doing much of the same work of a Grand Jury! But in this case the Committee gets to choose what to share with the public and when. As you can see, they're doing a loving awesome job of that.
There is an added benefit: NOW as all of these people get hoovered into the DOJ investigations they will be giving secret testimony. The Committee is providing its witness testimony to the DOJ as well. This way, DOJ has two records of testimony to compare. This will make it far easier to catch witnesses who attempt to lie, as well as compelling smart witnesses (I suppose there are some) to not even try.

I hope this makes sense!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

They're going to indict him and I think they coordinated this with Georgia and I think it's happening this week

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/CBSEveningNews/status/1541914013424041985

In context the typo is hilarious

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Dr. Faustus posted:

I hope this makes sense!

Yes it does and I appreciate you laying it all out like that. I hadn't considered all the fuckery that goes into GJs and the secrecy and the way they have gone about dripping info out bit by bit in a public way is the best way to do it. I would just have assumed that the DOJ had all this information and were waiting on these hearings to act on a lot of it to give them as someone else pointed out political cover to do so.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

mdemone posted:

They're going to indict him and I think they coordinated this with Georgia and I think it's happening this week

That makes some sense. If the Fulton County DA is planning on doing something on the 30th, then the committee would want to get their massive bombshell out there in advance to help get the people to accept the idea that Trump should be hauled away for criming. The Republican governor may have also wanted some political cover to resist calls to pardon Trump.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I was rushing through the last few minutes before heading out -- do we have any idea who the witness was that was being tampered with? Could it have been Hutchinson herself and they didn't identify it as such to protect her and maybe the investigation somehow?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Nothing yet on that, today was the first taste. I'm not aware of any reporting that's already out there.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

There might be reasons why the DOJ doesn't want the identity of the witnesses or who talked to them out, but the house committee insisted on just generally putting it out there that someone is likely going to jail for witness tampering.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I was honestly pessimistic about him specifically being indicted, I figured Rudy for sure and Eastmen, but holy poo poo Meadows and Trump on charges of Seditious Conspiracy?

That suddenly feels VERY possible :allears:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Eastman is 100% the scapegoat and he's done. But I am confident Trump won't get indicted or arrested, and even if he does he will run in 2024.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

TulliusCicero posted:

I was honestly pessimistic about him specifically being indicted, I figured Rudy for sure and Eastmen, but holy poo poo Meadows and Trump on charges of Seditious Conspiracy?

That suddenly feels VERY possible :allears:

Someone is probably making a very serious phone call to whoever represents Meadows that right now is his last chance to cut a deal, since they now have his aide.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Eastman is 100% the scapegoat and he's done. But I am confident Trump won't get indicted or arrested, and even if he does he will run in 2024.

Shall we bet $25 to the Red Cross on his indictment before the end of the summer?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Rigel posted:

Someone is probably making a very serious phone call to whoever represents Meadows that right now is his last chance to cut a deal, since they now have his aide.

Yeah I imagine this in many ways was there as a way to pressure Meadows. Especially showing the witness tampering. "This is your absolute last chance to flip, before the hammer comes down."

quote:

Shall we bet $25 to the Red Cross on his indictment before the end of the summer?

Absolutely. The indictment must be for the capitol riots/sedition or the Georgia thing. I honestly believe that the democrats are this weak and decorum poisoned that they believe it's more shameful internationally/cause internal unrest to put a previous criminal president in jail rather than the beginning of healing it would be. They don't really understand that even if it led to civil war, Trump's faction would absolutely lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

mdemone posted:

I was rushing through the last few minutes before heading out -- do we have any idea who the witness was that was being tampered with? Could it have been Hutchinson herself and they didn't identify it as such to protect her and maybe the investigation somehow?

They like to leave cliffhangers so you'll watch the next one.