Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
It really irritates me that those giant gently caress off walker things from the first mission (and intro movie) never come back at all in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

PSA: There's a problem with the PC gamepass version where it can hang on the Start Game screen and crashes if you alt tab. The solution is to sign out of the xbox app, boot up game, close out the xbox login window if it pops up before the Start Game screen, then press Start Game and then log into your Xbox account when the window pops up. Maybe if we're lucky they'll fix it before the expansion

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I wonder if Squeenix ever paid People Can Fly or even told them how many copies sold. Last I heard it had done neither thing, but that was back in October.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Outsiders has ruined me with its health on kill/damage game play. I'm playing Halo Infinite and kept wondering why I was dying after killing a bunch of grunts/brutes in a row with a mix if melee/weapons.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Ah, the space marine problem.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Infinite is doing a good job of kicking my butt, though I can't say it's due to any tendencies I've learned from this game.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

dogstile posted:

Ah, the space marine problem.

Well they're finally making SPACE MARINE II so maybe we'll get a good one of those again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMqvC507g1M

E: Saber Interactive?! loving never mind.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

After not touching this after the demo me and a friend have been playing through the story - we’re nearly done I think - and it’s been a pretty good time. There’s been a few aggravating boss fights, though I’m chalking most of that up to raising the world tier to the next as soon as it unlocks, and there isn’t exactly a stunning amount of enemy variety but the ridiculous violence and just how much of an rear end in a top hat literally everyone is has been entertaining.

I imagine we won’t exactly be grinding out too much of whatever the end game is for gear but I think I enjoy a lot of parts of Outriders way more than I do similar games like The Division or Borderlands. With the exception of those boss fights I mentioned it been a really brisk and well paced progression with satisfying but not-too-complicated character building.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, i fondly remember my time in outriders after I stopped letting the game decide i needed to be on "enemies take 50 years to kill because i picked devastator" tier.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

dogstile posted:

Yeah, i fondly remember my time in outriders after I stopped letting the game decide i needed to be on "enemies take 50 years to kill because i picked devastator" tier.

I’m a trickster and he’s a technomancer so we’ve got plenty of damage between us and even some crowd control with the trickster. Higher world tiers combined with spawning more enemies just because you get too close to the ones already there certainly doesn’t do the trickster any favors but as long as I’m just not running blindly in I can eventually start busting heads with a shotgun, slow trap, knife, and twisted rounds. I think we just hit WT15 last time we played and it was still plenty enjoyable (and manageable) outside of encounters where the game throws 3 or 4 bosses plus trash at you at once, then it mostly turns into running around clearing out the basic enemies while stunning the bosses as often as possible and then spending the next 5 minutes whittling them down.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 1, 2022

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/pcfpeoplecanfly/status/1491772309681721351?s=21

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I think that might explain the disparity between the expectations for post launch support and what PCF was able to provide.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

That and the publisher deal taking all the revshare until development was fully paid for and then some meaning they didn't get paid so couldn't pay their staff. You know, normal games industry things.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTb6twPCbVI

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oh, a proper expansion? The campaign was a lot of fun so I'm looking forward to this. Hope Squenix doesn't muck it up again.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Whoa I kinda figured this game was on life support after the last patch. Count me interested.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Story reveal trailer.

Gameplay/Systems trailer.

Broadcast.

Story looks okay. Though I thought the guy with the mummy on his back, Moloch, was the leader of the Insurgents? Or was it the First Altered?

Those bat dudes look like they are reusing Berserker/Amazon animations. Hopefully we have actually new enemies to fight and not a bunch of reskins.

Not big on all the added skill trees, Pax trees, as I would have just preferred expanding the current ones.

Definitely not a fan of the infinite progression system, Ascension points. I just don't like these systems as the community will expect you to max it out even though they are designed to keep players grinding forever. Elder Scrolls Online does this with their Champion Points system and you are expected to have hundred of them at minimum which can take a while to grind.

The third mod slot is going to make getting good loot rolls even more rarer so hopefully players can finally change two slots.

World and challenge tiers getting replaced with Apocalypse tiers which appear to be the same thing but goes up to tier 40 and gear level 75. Seeing as how damage scaling ramped up at 50 will we be doing tens of millions of damage a shot at 75?

Starting a new character with Worldslayer installed will give an option to boost right to level 30 and start the expansion right away. I wonder what kind of gear they will give boosted characters though.

Preordering gets a 10% discount and early access to the expansion.

All in all I am not that impressed and may hold off until it goes on sale. A lot of the new systems seem to be focused on making players grind, grind, and grind some more which is not something I am into.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Moloch gets killed off in an expedition (complete with an incredibly troll journal update)

Can't really judge much just off those trailers though. More effort was put into endgame though which was probably needed.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Seems pretty expensive for what it adds, probably gonna wait on a sale also.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I put 120 hours into the game for $40 already, I’ll give them another $40

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I'll buy it instantly when it's available

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I’ll wait to find out if builds without Deathshield are a thing.

some day

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

^burtle posted:

I’ll wait to find out if builds without Deathshield are a thing.

some day

Don't even need a gun on my pyro

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Hey remember this game

After getting carried to CT 15 and managing to run a bunch of matchmade Eye of the Storms I got to level 50 and made an okayish build. I don't think I would have ever grinded up to 50 the way the game apparently expects you to. I preordered the expansion for cheap so I look forward to making all my stuff obsolete very soon.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I guess I'll give Worldslayer a try. How did the four classes end up shaking out in the end? I played the vanilla game with the time knife class and that was kinda frustrating because "do melee damage to heal" and "500 enemies are sniping at you from various sides of the arena" don't exactly mesh.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I guess I'll give Worldslayer a try. How did the four classes end up shaking out in the end? I played the vanilla game with the time knife class and that was kinda frustrating because "do melee damage to heal" and "500 enemies are sniping at you from various sides of the arena" don't exactly mesh.

Time knife guy was actually the most overpowered class.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So overpowered that they decided to nerf it the first weekend after launch.

That was before people figured out that Technomancer with a rifle was actually even more broken.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

dogstile posted:

Time knife guy was actually the most overpowered class.

Well I never got anywhere near the end game so I probably never had access to any of the really broken poo poo. I went with Technomancer this time at least to start.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

UnknownMercenary posted:

So overpowered that they decided to nerf it the first weekend after launch.

It still makes me mad to this day. They should've just buffed the other classes.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

When I played it well after launch time knife class was continually hamstrung by the bizarre decision to handle spawning more enemies based entirely on how far into the current arena you've moved. This did not work out well a lot of the time for a class explicitly based on getting close to enemies.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Today's apparently early access for the new DLC and the login servers aren't working. Lol and lmao

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Protocol7 posted:

Today's apparently early access for the new DLC and the login servers aren't working. Lol and lmao

Yeah I pre-ordered for both me & my brother. I can log in and play on PS5 no problem, he hasn’t been able to log in on Steam all day :negative:

Kibayasu posted:

When I played it well after launch time knife class was continually hamstrung by the bizarre decision to handle spawning more enemies based entirely on how far into the current arena you've moved. This did not work out well a lot of the time for a class explicitly based on getting close to enemies.

…the entire class is completely balanced around the instant speed infinite range teleport and resetting its cooldown, a trickster’s entire play pattern is “teleport to directly behind enemy - freeze them in time and turn them to chili - teleport to next group of enemies”. If you get a good group that keeps pushing you might not ever actually seen your own sprint animation.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Kibayasu posted:

That and human blender; kinda hard to melee things when for a lot of bosses getting into melee range means getting AOE'd/stunlocked to death. That build was so much fun against grunt enemies and miserable on expedition bosses.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Protocol7 posted:

yeah but so what's new?

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Evil Kit posted:

yeah but so what's new?

The screen you stare at until it errors out, mostly.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The devs have posted a lot recently about how they’re gonna move away from builds being “stack a bunch of passive %” and towards more combo/build based gameplay that requires active participation vs just slapping 5 buffs on to your assault rifle tactical variant and going berserk. That alone has me more than ready to go for another couple dozen hours.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Protocol7 posted:

The screen you stare at until it errors out, mostly.

fair. It's like some full circle poo poo that the login servers just also are not working on the early access branch of the dlc release lol. At least they did it now instead of the actual release date.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Evil Kit posted:

fair. It's like some full circle poo poo that the login servers just also are not working on the early access branch of the dlc release lol. At least they did it now instead of the actual release date.
Don't worry, those'll be broken too :v:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Don't worry, those'll be broken too :v:

I can have a dream you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Servers have calmed down and my brother can finally join my party… just as his wife finishes cooking supper!!

We’re gonna get in a fat 3-4 hour session tonight, very excited.