Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
What sells it for me is that he has to know that Vought is going to cover it up. His brother, his community, they will never know what he did to stop Blue Hawk and he'll go down as the corporate sellout who never gave a poo poo about his roots until he needed them as a branding move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

jabby posted:

I actually didn't think him trying to suicide multiple times against Soldier Boy fit that well with his character. I mean, he's got a daughter. And his whole grievance is that a supe killing his family hosed him up. So I'm not sure he'd be that keen to go hand-to-hand and get splattered and gently caress up his daughter's life like his was. Felt more like a Butcher move.

I agree. Did not like that. He's far too practical for that even if he has spent his life hating Soldier Boy.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

A-train did something similar when he "sold out" Stormfront by delivering the info on her Nazi past. As before, A-train is only willing to oppose racism when it impacts him personally.

And that's a common theme through the show. Everyone involved in trying to kill Homelander has been personally affected by violent supes. The exceptions are Frenchie and komiko, and they're actively looking for a way out.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Cpt_Obvious posted:

A-train did something similar when he "sold out" Stormfront by delivering the info on her Nazi past. As before, A-train is only willing to oppose racism when it impacts him personally.

And that's a common theme through the show. Everyone involved in trying to kill Homelander has been personally affected by violent supes. The exceptions are Frenchie and komiko, and they're actively looking for a way out.

Komiko isn’t an exception, she watched stormfront call her brother a yellow bastard and snap his neck after she broke his hands off so he was effectively powerless

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I would love a season 4 that is Soldier Boy, Butcher and Hughie as the new "Boys" taking out supes and being extremely efficient at it, but it's understood that Soldier Boy is doing it because he wants to be the only one left, so as they get closer to the goal, they need to deal with the fact that at some point they're going to have to turn on each other.

Annie and MM would be trying to rally the rest of the supes into some sort of working coalition.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Kimiko's brother Kenji got murdered by Stormfront and Frenchie has the whole background with Lamplighter killing Mallory's grandkids because he ran off to save his friend from an OD

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Oh that's right I forgot.

Seems like forever ago.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Elephant Ambush posted:

Kimiko's brother Kenji got murdered by Stormfront and Frenchie has the whole background with Lamplighter killing Mallory's grandkids because he ran off to save his friend from an OD

How many grandkids did Mallory murder directly or indirectly in the 80s

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Nm

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Well, the point stands then. A-Train isn't some standout rear end in a top hat who only cares about violent supes because they affect him, everyone only cares about violent supes because they are affected by them.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

dpkg chopra posted:

I would love a season 4 that is Soldier Boy, Butcher and Hughie as the new "Boys" taking out supes and being extremely efficient at it, but it's understood that Soldier Boy is doing it because he wants to be the only one left, so as they get closer to the goal, they need to deal with the fact that at some point they're going to have to turn on each other.

Annie and MM would be trying to rally the rest of the supes into some sort of working coalition.

This would be interesting. I wonder where Vought and Neumann would fall in that scenario. If Stan Edgar were back, I think he'd be down for a supe genocide so he could get into the temp V business.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Oh I wonder what the big surprise for SB is going to be. Could it be the reason they got rid of him? total speculation you understand...his son...

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

tokin opposition posted:

How many grandkids did Mallory murder directly or indirectly in the 80s

CIA agent in South America, I'm going five digits on that one.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

This would be interesting. I wonder where Vought and Neumann would fall in that scenario. If Stan Edgar were back, I think he'd be down for a supe genocide so he could get into the temp V business.

If we're making poo poo up, I can imagine Vought getting nationalized and put under Neumann's control as the government desperately tries to push out as many temp v soldiers as possible to keep the peace.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Preview for the next episode:

https://twitter.com/TheBoysTV/status/1541806232499113986

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Oh hey Maeve's not dead!... yet

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

And people wondered why he needed the shield.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
lol homelander isn't wearing the cape

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

AnEdgelord posted:

lol homelander isn't wearing the cape

lmao bullying works

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

No! I'm not wearing it! IT LOOKS STUPID!!!!

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

MokBa posted:

And people wondered why he needed the shield.

I wonder who he is pummeling. Maybe the Mindstorm guy we know nothing about?

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

Avasculous posted:

Mindstorm is basically the one remaining member of Payback who can talk, so he probably spills the beans about the details in Nicaragua and Soldier Boy loses it.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

can The Deep talk to sperm?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

I disagree and I also taught English for a while, so *shrug* I thought it was a brilliant piece of character writing

goddamn man. you're always a little whammie wherever i go.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

GolfHole posted:

can The Deep talk to sperm?

Can he talk to frogs

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

That DICK! posted:

goddamn man. you're always a little whammie wherever i go.

Bustin Rodd

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

tokin opposition posted:

Can he talk to frogs

Amphibians sound like they're speaking French to him, and Deep is so dumb that he never bothered to learn it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Durzel posted:

It would be pretty lame if they basically did a "A-Train was saved by Vought off camera" thing, because he's already gone through the whole heart attack & recovery process when he faced off against Starlight and Hughie. He would just end up in the hospital again, then recover, to do what? "One more run that means something before my heart definitely goes this time!". It would completely suck the pathos out of what he did to Blue Hawk, i.e. taking him out at great personal risk. I think it's open to interpretation on whether he knew for sure that he would die doing what he did, but he had to have assumed that he would, because of the conversation he had with his brother outside of that wellness centre.

The significance of the scene is that in that moment he sacrificed himself for his local community. He did something completely selfless, and brave. Surviving that through the magical Vought air ambulance service is possible, but I think it would be a poor direction for the show to take, even if I would have liked to have seen A-Train carry on in the show.

Tbh I saw it as tragic, I didn't think it was a selfless sacrifice so much as an outburst of rage and frustration, to get rid of a piece of trash who isn't worth it. It's not going to result in systemic change even if it helps some folks in the short term. It's completely understandable, we see him get hollowed out all season by Vought co-opting his causes and showing they have no intention to do anything about problems like blue hawk. And then we see him swallow his pride and do the right thing with Hughie, and that blows up in his face too because he happened to catch Hughie at the wrong time. He's frustrated and boxed in and every angle he takes just digs him in deeper. It's a pretty sad and well done end, if this does end up being it for A-Train

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

dpkg chopra posted:

If we're making poo poo up, I can imagine Vought getting nationalized and put under Neumann's control as the government desperately tries to push out as many temp v soldiers as possible to keep the peace.

You can imagine the US nationalizing anything? Dawg the only kind of “nationalizing” half the country wants to do involves walking funny in formation and long, knife-centric nocturnal activities.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Avasculous posted:

Butcher is my guess

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

boo_radley posted:

Butcher is my guess

If you pause the video it shows who it is for a fraction of a second. It's someone who we haven't seen before. At least from what I could tell.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Xiahou Dun posted:

You can imagine the US nationalizing anything? Dawg the only kind of “nationalizing” half the country wants to do involves walking funny in formation and long, knife-centric nocturnal activities.

those guys didn't nationalize either, lol. the word "privatization" was basically invented to describe the policies of the nazi regime

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

R. Guyovich posted:

those guys didn't nationalize either, lol. the word "privatization" was basically invented to describe the policies of the nazi regime

That is the joke, yes.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Avasculous posted:

Black noir?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Xiahou Dun posted:

Yes, in this fictional TV show I believe that if a pack of psycho superheroes started indiscriminately hurting people around the US, the government would nationalize the only company that could provide a viable solution.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

finished episodes 1-3 of season 3. Homelander sure bounced back quickly! too quickly, perhaps, but a shortcut in the writing was needed to move the story along

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
in no sense is Homelander, in those three episodes, "bouncing back". he's losing his loving mind.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

After today's news, the writers are probably scrambling to add a scene to the finale where Homelander throws a hamburger at the wall, leaving a smear of ketchup

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Chamale posted:

After today's news, the writers are probably scrambling to add a scene to the finale where Homelander throws a hamburger at the wall, leaving a smear of ketchup

Smear of ketchup, lol. The hamburger would explode with brains and intestines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Xiahou Dun posted:

I suppose it depends on if you consider superhero stuff to be fantasy or science fiction.