Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The first Bene Gesserit witch is created from a physical therapist through sheer anger at being sexually harassed over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

GM General Mother Helen Mohiam: "You see this box? Throw a football into this box. If you miss, you die. Our test is crisis. Only under real live conditions can we see if you possess the qualities our programs can build a dynasty on.

Paul Manning: "I see the truth of it."

GM (internal): IS HE THE ONE????

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
A duel can last for three and a half hours, but the knife might actually be in play for only 11 minutes

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Man the Fremen are gonna go nuts the first time they see a coach doused in Gatorade

On Arrakis the waterboys just spit in the players' mouths

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Gatorade? Foolish offworlder, we bathe our coach in the finest water of life so they may guide our future victories!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Colonel Cancer posted:

Gatorade? Foolish offworlder, we bathe our coach in the finest water of life so they may guide our future victories!

so....Surge?? :shrug:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Duneball where all the players have to run without rhyme lest shaihulud takes the ball and the players and the field and goes home

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i want to run without rhyme

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
The halftime show is just a constant melange breeze and a laser light show bouncing off the belly of a heighliner. Prog rock will be played. This will last several hours.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

All players required to wear miniature shield generators around their heads to avoid concussions and also attract worms to make the game more interesting

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Listen if you book the Sardaukar Throat Singers I'm not switching to the Puppy Bowl at halftime that I can promise you

edit:

Colonel Cancer posted:

lest shaihulud takes the ball and the players and the field and goes home

:lol:

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 23, 2022

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

It's spice girls like every other game

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Prescient wide receivers sound good and all until the Guild fields a prescient cornerback. The only eventual solution to save the sport is a no-field around the football

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Soul Dentist posted:

The only eventual solution to save the sport is a no-field around the football

I didn't realize the Detroit Lions would still exist in the year 10,191

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The only difference is they're all eunuchs and their win loss record is multiplied by a million. They still lose a game on a Thursday in November even though Thanksgiving hasn't existed for millennia

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

code:
                     ____
PICTURED: SUPER BOWL XXIVCDXXIV

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Prolonged Panorama posted:

code:
                     ____
PICTURED: SUPER BOWL XXIVCDXXIV

this looks exactly like Paul's disappointing cgi prescient vision of the jihad

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Jarhead was an excellent movie. It's not really a comedy, but it does have some of the best USMC moto slang dialog put to screen since Full Metal Jacket.

"Hey look - it's a cock, but smaller!"

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

that did seem to be a bit of an issue that the jihad that tears the galaxy apart sort of just looked like a couple of skirmishes and him shouting at people off the back of some kind of carrier

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Jarhead and generation kill are the two bits of media that absolutely capture the modern marine corps experience, praise be to the maker

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Pauls Jihad is more morally justifiable than anything the usmc has done in 80 years

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Duncan just chowing down on some crayons while Leto shakes his head in disgust

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Riot Bimbo posted:

Pauls Jihad is more morally justifiable than anything the usmc has done in 80 years

That's why I give Leto 2 a pass.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

In-universe leto II is straight up the savior of mankind and his divinity or monstrosity falls entirely on how you measure the worth of humanity

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

kiimo posted:

Arch Manning is a QB that just got signed to Texas and is related to Peyton Manning, Eli Manning and Archie Manning, all former NFL QBs.

It just occurred to me that the Mannings are how the Bene Gesserit breeding program gets started and the association with football is eventually lost to history.

If we're going for football-based futures I'd rather live in 17776.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

it is by will alone i set my mind in motion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_ospwfH8oc

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

MikeJF posted:

If we're going for football-based futures I'd rather live in 17776.

Oh god me too. Is the last part out yet?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Colonel Cancer posted:

He cut Piter and all the actual plot, so who knows what else he'll cut. He's a madman I say!

Ahh the attitude of the Knife

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

kiimo posted:

Arch Manning is a QB that just got signed to Texas and is related to Peyton Manning, Eli Manning and Archie Manning, all former NFL QBs.

It just occurred to me that the Mannings are how the Bene Gesserit breeding program gets started and the association with football is eventually lost to history.

Kwisatz Foreheaderach

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

kiimo posted:

GM General Mother Helen Mohiam: "You see this box? Throw a football into this box. If you miss, you die. Our test is crisis. Only under real live conditions can we see if you possess the qualities our programs can build a dynasty on.

Paul Manning: "I see the truth of it."

GM (internal): IS HE THE ONE????

This is good as hell

the heebie-gbs
Apr 23, 2007

♫ twerrrmmmmm ♫
       /
:sax:
it is by wool alone i set my mind in motion
-peyton manning, paidishah emperor over the lanolinsraad, hocking a sick cable knit

i recognize your st togs old man
-paul knitreides

my planet arrakis is beautiful when the sun is low
-chani opening narration line for dune part I

this planet arrakis is deadly when the sun is high
-gurney halleck opening narration line for dune part II (if villeneuve takes my idea instead of behaving like a waterfat coward)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating — and it gets everywhere

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Here every post is soft...and smooth.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/TheKazooHero/status/1543358639360155648?s=20&t=J1ILJrsjDxzZ7CDRDJoaJQ

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

im ghanian piter

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

3 headed snake mushroom owns

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There is so much wrong here. Like why is Feyd wearing a stillsuit and why is the Tremors monster in this and why does Shai Hulud have a snake coming out of its mouth
but really just lmao at Piter doing the Italian Talking thing with his hand. Mama mia!

edit: the pug's lips :lol:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Everyone shooting guns

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

kiimo posted:

but really just lmao at Piter doing the Italian Talking thing with his hand. Mama mia!

Not having Brad Dourif was such a devastating blow to the remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dune by dawn! Dune by dawn! I'll swallow your soo-soo-sook