Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1541849467493797888?t=EXJU6vIgf9S6RFuzhRByYA&s=19

Was just thinking of him and Junior trying to kidnap that Turkish guy in PA for Erdogan

Here’s the video of this. He pauses with his lawyer when first asked. Cheney is terrifying and has some cojones all things considered. I think she’s still a horrible person but at least she’s on the correct side of history with 1/6.

https://youtu.be/Oyg60yZhdy0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Here’s the video of this. He pauses with his lawyer when first asked. Cheney is terrifying and has some cojones all things considered. I think she’s still a horrible person but at least she’s on the correct side of history with 1/6.

And with Ukraine. Basically her dads branch of Cold War conservative vs whatever the gently caress Josh Hawley or Ted Cruz are, well besides fuckwits.

I’d never vote for her (then again I can’t ever see myself living in Wyoming even if it would be cool), but I’d thank her for defending the constitution and Ukraine against Russian fascism.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Cheney is terrifying and has some cojones all things considered. I think she’s still a horrible person but at least she’s on the correct side of history with 1/6.

Marshal Prolapse posted:

And with Ukraine. Basically her dads branch of Cold War conservative vs whatever the gently caress Josh Hawley or Ted Cruz are, well besides fuckwits.

I’d never vote for her (then again I can’t ever see myself living in Wyoming even if it would be cool), but I’d thank her for defending the constitution and Ukraine against Russian fascism.

That's about the best we can ask for out of the GOP in TYOOL 2022.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The president’s sedentary lifestyle caused his coup to fail.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CBJSprague24 posted:

After clarifying you mean the real, actual constitution out here in objective reality. Not whatever horse poo poo Fox pumps in to the CHUDs about their crazy land imaginary fascist constitution.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
wrong thread derp

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 28, 2022

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

CBJSprague24 posted:

I wonder when the last time Pizza Face actually drove a car was.

Sometime in the last decade. I'm not looking for it, but I recall a video of him driving himself, Melania, and I think Barron home from some event around 2012-2013.

Still, driving a luxury car >5 years ago ≠ being able to drive an armored car.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
https://twitter.com/muellershewrote/status/1541889460266184705

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Guess he had real SS that day instead of private security.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

That will be determined by the victors, and if the best we've got coming out of this investigation is that Trump wanted to go hang with his supporters at the Capitol (instead of, say, actively plotting and discussing the application of violence against the VP and/or Congress), then I think you'll be disappointed in how history books record her actions.

I see these twitter reactions and it all just feels like the loving impeachment proceedings again.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

It's endlessly comical (and sad) to me that all the reports about him and evidence presented is almost immediately met by :smugdon: with something akin to "Nuh-UH"

...with the N written backwards.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CBJSprague24 posted:

It's endlessly comical (and sad) to me that all the reports about him and evidence presented is almost immediately met by :smugdon: with something akin to "Nuh-UH"

...with the N written backwards.

Not the worst thing starting with an N they say

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CBJSprague24 posted:

Pretty much.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
In a bit of a change from the Jan 6 stuff:

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2022/06/28/nevada-gov-sisolak-signs-executive-order-expanding-abortion-protections/7762601001/

quote:

Sisolak's order now offers official safeguards for the influx of patients expected to head to Nevada for abortion services as Republican lawmakers move to implement bans and other restrictions in nearly half the states.

Under Nevada's executive order:

• Nevada will not share patient information or "use time, money or other resources" to assist outside authorities seeking to prosecute a person for receiving, assisting in or providing abortion services.
  • Providers are protected and will not be disqualified or disciplined in Nevada for services related to reproductive health care.
  • Sisolak's office will decline extradition requests from states that issue an arrest warrant stemming from an abortion ban or restrictions on reproductive health care services.

Those protections extend to "all medical, surgical, counseling, or referral services" related to reproductive health care, including contraception and abortions, according to the two-page order.

Sisolak's order mirrors actions taken by a coalition formed Friday by the Democratic governors of California, Oregon and Washington. The trio took swift action in the immediate days after the Supreme Court's decision, also vowing to protect patients and providers from prosecution.

Just have to hope that he wins his reelection campaign in a few months.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

That'll only help until the Fugitive Non-Mothers Act triggers nullification crisis 2

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
News: Mad Dog Mattis got married in the most Marine way possible, to a chick that he met at a bar.

Smepr Fi :downs:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Don't be so quick to thank her. Always remember that she and the George Conways of the world are just ashamed to call themselves Republicans because of what Trump did to their "Grand Old Party." The "Deplorables" used to know their place and quietly vote their way, but Trump opened the tent up and now the rabble think they belong with the Chosen People and they don't like that.

If/when they find someone with even half/a quarter of Reagan's "aw shucks" ~Gipper~ charisma, they'll :swoon: and :worship:, declare him the New God of AmericaTM and start planning for the complete dissolution and reformation of a New Republic under the ideals of Fundamentalist Christianity.

These people are not and never will be allies to Progressivism. Even the least cooperative during Trump's administration voted with his ideological and legislative aims over 80% of the goddamned time.

You can laud the rare occasions when/where they do the right thing, but don't ever turn your back on them.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 29, 2022

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

News: Mad Dog Mattis got married in the most Marine way possible, to a chick that he met at a bar.

And he married up - she's a physicist!

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

facialimpediment posted:

And he married up - she's a physicist!

Still a better idea than investing in theranos.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Holy gently caress, the Uvalde Police are harassing that woman who got her kid out of the school

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

That mom did a better job breaching than the cops.

Their harassment is an indictment of their courage.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Oh for gently caress sake. #ACAB

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

They're afraid of the competition lol.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Welp, Boebert won her primary. Wasn't even close.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Don't be so quick to thank her. Always remember that she and the George Conways of the world are just ashamed to call themselves Republicans because of what Trump did to their "Grand Old Party." The "Deplorables" used to know their place and quietly vote their way, but Trump opened the tent up and now the rabble think they belong with the Chosen People and they don't like that.

If/when they find someone with even half/a quarter of Reagan's "aw shucks" ~Gipper~ charisma, they'll :swoon: and :worship:, declare him the New God of AmericaTM and start planning for the complete dissolution and reformation of a New Republic under the ideals of Fundamentalist Christianity.

These people are not and never will be allies to Progressivism. Even the least cooperative during Trump's administration voted with his ideological and legislative aims over 80% of the goddamned time.

You can laud the rare occasions when/where they do the right thing, but don't ever turn your back on them.

Touché, also I think we know it’s better not to turn ones back on a Cheney.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

From what I remember facing them isn't much safer.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Welp, Boebert won her primary. Wasn't even close.

Not surprised, the hicks in her district love her.
I've had multiple people tell me she's great because she "pisses off liberals"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’ve not once gotten the indication that Boebert wasn’t an extremely appropriate representative for her district.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Smepr Fi :downs:

With an Elvis impersonator even.

Perfection.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2022/06/28/civilian-finds-rifle-left-unlocked-vehicle-guardsman-border-mission.html

Would Texas National Guard be rolling-around in a POV or rental car? With the tremendous amount of poo poo this woman has dealt with, it concerns me that the story is fluid.

https://twitter.com/mtwrighter/status/1542151392013459466

https://twitter.com/mtwrighter/status/1542132570841833473

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Even on active duty I used rental vehicles in the field quite often, there's nowhere near enough TMPs for everyone to use.

But running around doing bullshit for Texas's fascists? I don't think legal did their homework.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Lake of Methane posted:

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2022/06/28/civilian-finds-rifle-left-unlocked-vehicle-guardsman-border-mission.html

Would Texas National Guard be rolling-around in a POV or rental car? With the tremendous amount of poo poo this woman has dealt with, it concerns me that the story is fluid.

https://twitter.com/mtwrighter/status/1542151392013459466

https://twitter.com/mtwrighter/status/1542132570841833473

It is absolutely in the realm of possibility.

They aren't paying or feeding these guys, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them using personal vehicles.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
That's either a rental truck or the Texas NG is doing some illegal poo poo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Mustang posted:

It's almost certainly a rental.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mustang posted:

Did you call me a pussy communist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjyLeO6Ys8E

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 29, 2022

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Mustang posted:

Oh hey want some fun story time about the border mission? The ARNG can't search vehicles on that mission anymore because some dipshit from Texas found drugs, stole them from the truck, did them wrong and nearly died. Oh also, CBP doesn't know how to drive in the desert and regularly broke ford raptors trying to get enough hours of flight time for a pilots license.

Edit: To counter, here in New Mexico most of our trouble was people drawing dicks on things. Usually the insides of hats.

Steezo fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 29, 2022

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This midterm is going to yield some really weird polling results:

https://twitter.com/JessicaTaylor/status/1542208683320528896

Republicans and Democrats both agree that Biden is garbage, but Republican primaries are nominating garbage-tier candidates and even a pro-R environment might not get them in!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Cool, looking forward to seeing how voters right protections would have been useful this midterm, but I guess the Biden team was busy (ice cream social after threatening to run over reporter)

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

This midterm is going to yield some really weird polling results:

https://twitter.com/JessicaTaylor/status/1542208683320528896

Republicans and Democrats both agree that Biden is garbage, but Republican primaries are nominating garbage-tier candidates and even a pro-R environment might not get them in!

One might think there is a problem with a democracy in which the candidates are not only unpopular with the opposition, but among their own voters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1542101433700552704