Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it’s an interesting game but it’s not very fun to play tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I'm about an hour into Little Noah and it's a fun mash up of a metroidvania and a roguelike.

The enemies you fight can be discovered in chests and equipped as weapons with different effects. The little mouse guys have a weak slash, and things like mage monsters have elemental attacks. Some are fast, some are slow.

After you die each monster and relic you have equipped during the run turn into permanent currency that can upgrade your stats. Like the purple stuff in Hades.

Game good so far? Like I said I'm only an hour into it and haven't cleared the first world but it looks and plays great.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just don’t play the horny games. Monster Hunter is lewd free and has a big expansion coming out in a few days!!!!

(Ignore some of the armors)

A few days? More like TONIGHT.

https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/1542105032820248578?t=OXlRo4P5wlVHwiwNX_ETDQ&s=19

Capcom jumped the gun and posted this too early.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Was looking up the Battle Network collection and I'm pretty sure I'll be using the filter because I can't imagine playing a GBA that's blown up to fit on a Switch, but for those that don't like it, they explicitly state that it can be switched on or off.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I gotta say I hate those monkey island graphics.

And various games keep using this art style, I've never ran into anybody who likes it. At best the thing I hear about this graphical style is "You get used to it"

The best I can say is that it's not that lovely safe corporate art style with the people who have weird rear end limb proportions.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Big sharp pixels are good actually

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Morpheus posted:

Was looking up the Battle Network collection and I'm pretty sure I'll be using the filter because I can't imagine playing a GBA that's blown up to fit on a Switch, but for those that don't like it, they explicitly state that it can be switched on or off.

It should be off by default.

GBA can scale well to big screens. I recently played through Final Fantasy 1 GBA on my Analogue Pocket docked to my tv and it looked great. I played a little bit of Aria of Sorrow on the Castlevania Advance Collection on my Switch OLED and it looked really good too. Sharp pixels look really nice.

The various Mega Man collections have ranged from ok to good. They didn't get M2 to do any of them so I don't think the BN collection will be up to M2 quality, but if they give it to whatever dev did the MMZero Collection it's in good hands.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

hatty posted:

Big sharp pixels are good actually

Yeah if you're a giant dork. I'm just saying, I'M not a giant dork.

(I probably won't care either way)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Detective No. 27 posted:

The best I can say is that it's not that lovely safe corporate art style with the people who have weird rear end limb proportions.

Going Under is good, actually

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
obligatory reminder for all mega man battle network fans to check out one step from eden, if you want a mmbt/slay the spire roguelike mash up that's really fuckin good (and really fuckin hard)

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Commander Keene posted:

I'm personally a fan of combat systems in JRPGs that allow you to manipulate turn order or action economy, so a lot of my favorite combat systems are going to involve that kind of stuff.

And yet you didn't mention any of the Legend of Heroes games which basically have a cross between chrono trigger and ffx's combat systems

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The best turn based rpg combat is in the Mario and Luigi games and it's not even close

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Any case recommendations for the Switch OLED? I've really liked the slim TomToc case for the original Switch so I'll prob just get one of those. But just wanna see if there's some new hotness out there. The understated Hori ones look nice. Genki Force Field looks interesting but apparently they only have it for Switch Lite!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the Portal ports are perfect. hearing the little Valve menu sfx on switch has me praying for HL2

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The only thing I know about Nier Automata is that many of the cosplayers I subscribe to on Patreon have done 2B sets and those are always extremely good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just don’t play the horny games. Monster Hunter is lewd free and has a big expansion coming out in a few days!!!!

(Ignore some of the armors)

Lol it's totally not horny except for every female outfit

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Lol it's totally not horny except for every female outfit

No see the most vulnerable parts of a woman are the breasts, so you need to concentrate more armor there and, well, there's only so many materials to go around so some places, like the midriff or anything below the upper thighs, will need to go without. It's just science!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Listen Rise has a number of armors that now cover thighs!

Hell, Sunbreak is adding female armor that covers the FACE! It’s called Progress, baybee!!!!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wuggles posted:

there's a guy in canon that wants to gently caress the rakna kadaki

don't doxx me

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Do not try to gently caress a Khezu

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Just play games and don’t get so weirdly hung up on horny it not.

It’s fine

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
There are people on this forum that are afraid that their wife or husband will teleport into the room the second something risqué is on screen and it imbues them with great fear

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Imagine not playing games with your partner in the room and laughing together at the Xenoblade 2 character designs

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Are you winning son?
:yikes:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Harrow posted:

Imagine playing Xenoblade 2

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I worry that humanity is not mature enough for teleportation

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I stream everything I play to my friends and family and they are watching at all times and tell me how fun those hentai games look.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
my partner threatened to leave me if I don't play horny games

got two switches set up and one always has senran kagura paused just in case I hear her coming

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Since people were talking about the Switch Doom ports a couple days ago: Doom Eternal has updated to the latest version (released on other platforms back in April), with accessibility functionality and some quality of life tweaks. Keep in mind: Turning on gyro aim now turns off aim assist, unless you turn them both on manually.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sudden Javelin posted:

my partner threatened to leave me if I don't play horny games

got two switches set up and one always has senran kagura paused just in case I hear her coming

Once she sees it, you'll hear her coming alright!

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Minidust posted:

Any case recommendations for the Switch OLED? I've really liked the slim TomToc case for the original Switch so I'll prob just get one of those. But just wanna see if there's some new hotness out there. The understated Hori ones look nice. Genki Force Field looks interesting but apparently they only have it for Switch Lite!

If there's any for regular switch that you like, they'll likely fit the OLED just fine. Even though it has different diemensions, the one I have didn't feel like it was at risk of being too small for the new model or anything. And it was already pretty much made to fit the original as it was.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mega64 posted:

I stream everything I play to my friends and family and they are watching at all times and tell me how fun those hentai games look.

I play them for the story.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I play them for the story.

I actually remember getting some visual novel game in like the...late 90s I think (so, probably from some dodgy site) and playing through it. A spooky visual novel, pretty intriguing story, horror-themed (which was new to me), man this is getting pretty interesting and whoop full hardcore sex scene wait what. It was like over an hour in and completely blindsided me.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I don't play risque games in front of coworkers and family as it distracts them from my consistent nudity

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
My favorite hobby is mashing A on the bus to get through the dialogue and hoping the guy behind me doesn't notice Etna Disgaea

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Feels Villeneuve posted:

My favorite hobby is mashing A on the bus to get through the dialogue and hoping the guy behind me doesn't notice Etna Disgaea

He did.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Internet thing where someone mentions that horny anime stuff is weird and the same gaggle of posters swarms in to circlejerk about how actually it's totally not weird and I like it ironically and why do you care so much anyway you're the one being weird about it and actually it's a Japanese culture thing so you're a racist and their age of consent laws are totally different from ours and

Bleck fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 29, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

don’t think that happened but go off king

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Finally someone says what we're all thinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Morpheus posted:

I actually remember getting some visual novel game in like the...late 90s I think (so, probably from some dodgy site) and playing through it. A spooky visual novel, pretty intriguing story, horror-themed (which was new to me), man this is getting pretty interesting and whoop full hardcore sex scene wait what. It was like over an hour in and completely blindsided me.

Thinking Saya no Uta, though that's early 2000's, tbh there probably lots of options lol