Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

I got into the Dall-E-2 and I don't have any social media. I think what helped was mentioning that I'm from South Africa, because they are looking for some diversity in users. They also mentioned that they are prioritising actual artists so that helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
A trash possum snarling at clowns.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

"Garfield the cat cosmic horror"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
There's going to be a generation of people soon who grew up on only AI generated art and media.

This will lead to a huge problem because you'll never have other people to talk to about the media you consume since it's all ad hoc and totally unique for you.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

LifeSunDeath posted:

There's going to be a generation of people soon who grew up on only AI generated art and media.

This will lead to a huge problem because you'll never have other people to talk to about the media you consume since it's all ad hoc and totally unique for you.

Man what am I going to talk to people about if not mass produced media

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Man what am I going to talk to people about if not mass produced media

you? nothing.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Rutibex posted:

middle left guy only has four fingers. that's going the extra mile for ninja turtle cosplay

Since a real ninja turtle has three, he's even going the extra mile for poor ninja turtle cosplay.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

"Seinfeld in Twin Peaks"

"Darth Vader playing a video game at AGDQ, surrounded by people"

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
A curious cgi frog pretends to be a friendly giant who rides a poodle joyfully across bubblegum fields stretching on for eternity.

If someone with dalle2 does this I will be eternally grateful.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

LifeSunDeath posted:

It's going to be like when people you tell about their dreams.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I feel like already more content gets created everyday than you could absorb in a hundred lifetimes, so I don't know that it will make that much of a difference. It'll just be disposable like much of the content that's created by humans is.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

A Strange Aeon posted:

I feel like already more content gets created everyday than you could absorb in a hundred lifetimes, so I don't know that it will make that much of a difference. It'll just be disposable like much of the content that's created by humans is.

Quality matters though and it gets pretty thin at the top. If you could poo poo out 5 seasons of "the wire" quality entertainment per month for $1000 in GPU rent time it's not something that the art industry can do right now. The English speaking world can only produce a couple hundred hours of high quality media per year.

I guess it's the same as for literature. We publish an absolutely insane amount of books each year but very little of it is truly of exceptional quality. Most is white noise

e: poo poo, signed my post by accident

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
If you haven't been able to get into dall-e 2, replicate has a nice alternative text to image generator that seems to do a better job at faces than dall-e mini, at least in the sense that they don't end up blurry looking:

https://replicate.com/jack000/glid-3-xl

It's limited to 30 mins of their cpu time a day but that should still be enough for a few dozen images depending on how much you tweak the generation settings

Here's "a candid photograph of an evil horror clown Donald Trump"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Beartaco posted:

It's going to be like when people you tell about their dreams.

yes this exactly.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Old Johnny mid arm

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

wa27 posted:

"Darth Vader playing a video game at AGDQ, surrounded by people"

The light transport on this is incredible. Look at the blue and purple highlights on the plastic parts of the suit and see how they match the lights in the background.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Pitdragon posted:

If you haven't been able to get into dall-e 2, replicate has a nice alternative text to image generator that seems to do a better job at faces than dall-e mini, at least in the sense that they don't end up blurry looking:

https://replicate.com/jack000/glid-3-xl

"Drake eating spaghetti"

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
"A press photo of Donald Trump eating a burger" through the replicate generator:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Confusedslight posted:

A curious cgi frog pretends to be a friendly giant who rides a poodle joyfully across bubblegum fields stretching on for eternity.

If someone with dalle2 does this I will be eternally grateful.
Using your exact prompt:

Also tried the simplified "A cgi frog riding a poodle across bubblegum fields"

I can give you a high-res version of any of them if you'd like, but it doesn't really seem like what you were looking for :(

edit: I'm happy to do any dalle-2 requests. They let you do 50/day and I'm not very creative.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
These are brilliant! Thank you! I feel your simplified version gave so much better results. I especially like the top left of that simple lot.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

wa27 posted:

edit: I'm happy to do any dalle-2 requests. They let you do 50/day and I'm not very creative.

A basketball mutant, a human fused with b-ball energies.

A dwarf with basketballs for skin.

A chaos dunk exploding Manhattan, aerial view.

Let's get Barkley in here.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

wa27 posted:

edit: I'm happy to do any dalle-2 requests.

"glowing skeleton wearing a high-vis vest riding on a forklift near a nuclear reactor. 3d render unreal engine ray traced."

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Tunicate posted:

A basketball mutant, a human fused with b-ball energies.

Tunicate posted:

A dwarf with basketballs for skin.

(I don't know wtf happened here)

Tunicate posted:

A chaos dunk exploding Manhattan, aerial view.

LifeSunDeath posted:

"glowing skeleton wearing a high-vis vest riding on a forklift near a nuclear reactor. 3d render unreal engine ray traced."

It doesn't like "nuclear" apparently. I get this quite often, so I wonder if they'll ever suspend me.

Here's what I get if I remove the nuclear reactor part:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

wa27 posted:

It doesn't like "nuclear" apparently. I get this quite often, so I wonder if they'll ever suspend me.

Here's what I get if I remove the nuclear reactor part:

still radical as hell, thanks!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Cool, thanks for runni g those. Weird that dalle stumbles on making cyberdwarf

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

that b-ball got a b-hole

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

wa27 posted:

Could you do these?

Ted Cruz is crushed by an elephant seal mercenary in Zimbabwe

Toonces the driving cat drives off a cliff with Alex Jones

Fire-breathing kiwi bird destroys the state of Alabama

inside Abu Ghraib prison where a baby harp seal commits war crimes

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Here's what creeps me out about these:

You know how in dreams, your brain constructs this very fluid and ad hoc reality, where if you become lucid, you sometimes notice that things aren't quite right?
How if you focus too much on an aspect in a dream, it's either really messed up, or starts to turn into something else?
You know how your brain remembers and visualizes things has a tenuous connection with reality, and it regularly has to compare reality with memory and assumption?

I feel like these mangled images are actually a lot more like what our brain actually stores and plays around with, like if you were to externally browse your mental imagery, it would be this messed up nightmare garbage.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
I mean, text in dreams comes out pretty messed up as well, you're not wrong

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Mercury_Storm posted:

Could you do these?

Fire-breathing kiwi bird destroys the state of Alabama
This one turned out weird/bad, but I do like #1's interpretation of a fire-breathing kiwi bird.

The other ones are definitely against TOS.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

wa27 posted:

This one turned out weird/bad, but I do like #1's interpretation of a fire-breathing kiwi bird.

The other ones are definitely against TOS.

Oh well, here is what midjourney came up with:

It did a decent job with "ted cruz is crushed by an elephant seal mercenary in Zimbabwe" but the others didn't make sense and were just bizarre.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

doctorfrog posted:

You know how in dreams, your brain constructs this very fluid and ad hoc reality, where if you become lucid, you sometimes notice that things aren't quite right?
How if you focus too much on an aspect in a dream, it's either really messed up, or starts to turn into something else?
You know how your brain remembers and visualizes things has a tenuous connection with reality, and it regularly has to compare reality with memory and assumption?

I feel like these mangled images are actually a lot more like what our brain actually stores and plays around with, like if you were to externally browse your mental imagery, it would be this messed up nightmare garbage.

we don't actually remember images, we remember pieces of images. when we recall things we reconstruct the memory out of different parts. so like you don't remember every detail about your friend, instead you remember "a standard human, with XYZ modifiers that make them my friend"

so yeah, I think these nightmares are like trying to remember things that haven't happened to you. imagination!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Objectively The Worst Darth Vader Cosplayer, Photo by New York Times Staff

Midjourney:

would be fun to see how Dalle handles that type of prompt

EDIT:
Objectively The Worst Wario Cosplayer, Photo by New York Times Staff

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 29, 2022

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

doctorfrog posted:

I have this thing where sometimes as I’m trying to fall asleep my brain will glom on to some visual style or theme and just start serving me up random images at a rapid pace

It reminds me a lot of the stuff coming out of Dall-e mini

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Tunicate posted:

Objectively The Worst Darth Vader Cosplayer, Photo by New York Times Staff

would be fun to see how Dalle handles that type of prompt

more like Objectively the worst AI!!

You definitely have to massage the prompts a bit with Dall-E. It clearly can do poor cosplay but got confused with this one.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

wa27 posted:

I want to see some :darksouls:

Siegward of Catarina playing a Rickenbacker 12-string live concert footage.

Majula sunset in the style of Degas watercolor art.

Unbreakable Patches full figute baroque oil portrait oak frame.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Can someone try "every US president in a painting of the last supper" please?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

Can someone try "every US president in a painting of the last supper" please?

It seems like even Dall-E 2 is pretty bad at creating multiple people without randomly mixing their features together, so I imagine it's just gonna look like a bunch of unrecognizable old white dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

alf as a dragonball z character