Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Chainclaw posted:

Tunic is probably my favorite game of the year. Definitely set yourself to invincible via the options, the combat sucks though.
I wish someone had told me this before I played it.

I liked everything about Tunic except the boss fights. They seem a bit overtuned considering how easy the overworld enemies are, and the combat doesn't feel as crisp and satisfying as I prefer from action-adjacent games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

so is this purple character normally supposed to be a massive titan or is this game not programmed too well

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
knuckles chaotix is kind of a mess but the sling ring mechanics are an absolute delight to gently caress around with so this should bea great run

Vermain posted:

so is this purple character normally supposed to be a massive titan or is this game not programmed too well

there are power ups that temporarily increase and decrease characters sizes, which affects their weight and how they sling

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
i forgot how much that one character's sprite is just smooth sonic

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

The 7th Guest posted:

this is already very new zealand

e: oh maybe he's just british, he sounds very new zealand tho

not even slightly

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i am v bad at accents i guess! but he sounds a lot like a former new zealand co-worker of mine

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
chaotix is so garish at sunset, i love those popping 32x colors

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This game feels like a fever dream

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So I might have missed the explanation, but how does having negative rings work?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

So I might have missed the explanation, but how does having negative rings work?

you can spend ten rings to force your partner back to your position, even if you don't have enough. it's mainly for if they get stuck on level geometry

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
the size increase/decrease item boxes are a very bizarre addition

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
After all that it's just a boss that slaps you

e: also everyone goes to hell if you don't get the chaos emeralds lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Blank Construct posted:

the size increase/decrease item boxes are a very bizarre addition

i kinda miss weirdo titles like knuckles chaotix from the era where no one in the mainstream game industry knew what they were doing so you occasionally just got super experimental poo poo popping its head in

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

10,000 dollars worth of incentives for deer simulator seems a bit optimistic ngl

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

this dude in the crowd wearing a tails got trolled shirt lmao

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

cowardly GDQ trying to rig the character poll for knuckles over amy

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

So cool that he was able to make time in his busy schedule to make an appearance and support a fan

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

I thought body pillows weren't allowed anymore

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
gamma... we salute you 😢

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

tunic is next on my to-play list, should i watch the run or will it spoil things

Late on this, but for anyone wanting to eventually play Tunic, you need to 100% NOT WATCH THE SPEEDRUN. Tunic is definitely a game that you only get to experience once and if you watch a speedrun, it'll spoil almost everything.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

rigged election!!!! rigged!!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
2022 is the year of & knuckles

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
also shoutouts to the couch for the coordinated t shirts

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..
I have missed couch gimmicks

OH NO

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Hell yeah.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

poemdexter posted:

Late on this, but for anyone wanting to eventually play Tunic, you need to 100% NOT WATCH THE SPEEDRUN. Tunic is definitely a game that you only get to experience once and if you watch a speedrun, it'll spoil almost everything.

ok cool, i have it downloaded already so i'll skip it and watch the vod after i've played

pretty excited for everything from advance wars through mario sunshine today, then gonna catch a short nap before silly block super early tomorrow

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm watching this on a TV and the posters are still kinda hard to make out :smith:

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Turns out there’s a TON of stuff I missed through my casual play through of Tunic. I had no idea you could change the colors of the fox!

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

With Advance Wars currently being run I'm wondering, is Re-Boot Camp still going to release or is it on indefinite hiatus?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They'll probably release it eventually.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Genthil posted:

With Advance Wars currently being run I'm wondering, is Re-Boot Camp still going to release or is it on indefinite hiatus?

Didn't they reschedule it for this fall?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

This might sound stupid but this is probably my least favorite kind of speedrun, one where it's basically just a solved game and it's all just about how quickly the guy can put the million square pegs in the million square holes and there's basically no real RNG

And I know that sounds like most speedruns but there's a little more nuance to, say, Vice City, or something along those lines

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
This one being short and sweet puts it above Fire Emblem runs for me at least.

Anyway. Time to unleash CHAOS

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

AHH F/UGH posted:

This might sound stupid but this is probably my least favorite kind of speedrun, one where it's basically just a solved game and it's all just about how quickly the guy can put the million square pegs in the million square holes and there's basically no real RNG

And I know that sounds like most speedruns but there's a little more nuance to, say, Vice City, or something along those lines

Its hardly a niche opinion. Everytime a strategy game speedrun comes up (usually Fire Emblem) people talk about this. This one was pretty quick though so I don't mind.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I have absolutely no idea what this next run is but I'm incredibly excited for it

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Its hardly a niche opinion. Everytime a strategy game speedrun comes up (usually Fire Emblem) people talk about this. This one was pretty quick though so I don't mind.

Pokemon games sorta fall into this as well.

I do find the actual strategies to be interesting sometimes. "If we put our helicopter here they can't attack our soldier so we can just cap the city", or stacking x-defense to hit specific caps so you die in 4 moves instead of 3 or w/e. But watching the runs isn't particularly interesting since you can't always appreciate the decision making that goes into it as it's just a big menuing challenge.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I don't know what the Co-op is gonna bring to this but these clowns are sure to put on a show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
one of my all time favorite speedruns was NES Dragon Warrior where it was complete RNG manipulation