Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I an understand MCH (and NIN for that matter) feeling kinda slow because a lot of the activity is in short bursts and you are mostly just pressing 1-2-3 for long periods of time outside of that. But that's just kinda how recent FFXIV class design works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selane
May 19, 2006

Alphinaud's mom has reached her final form

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

iPodschun posted:

One person is not going to sink a Frontline team. You seem to just have very bad luck unfortunately :(

You had three charges of Gauss Round and Ricochet at 80 too. Machinist is the second busiest class as Xero mentioned, with my P1S clears on it clocking in at around 46 casts per minute. One thing I can think of for MCH feeling slow is are you using Barrel Stabilizer? That gives you 50 Heat Gauge so that you can Hypercharge in your opener, and then you get 50 Heat Gauge again every 30-35 seconds just from doing your 123 combo.

Or maybe you're just in some sort of zen state where MCH feels slow even with objectively more button pressing than RDM

I doubt my opener is ideal, I haven't mathed out what abilities are most ideal during the dynamite countdown. Whether it's hypercharge or crit boosted drill/chainsaw/and chainshot battery booster thingie

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

hazardousmouse posted:

I doubt my opener is ideal, I haven't mathed out what abilities are most ideal during the dynamite countdown. Whether it's hypercharge or crit boosted drill/chainsaw/and chainshot battery booster thingie

it's hypercharge, wildfire deals damage based on the number of weaponskills you hit with while it's active, not the damage you do

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

hazardousmouse posted:

You need to hit at least four Heat Blasts in Wildfire to get max potency with it. Also, there is very sharp hit registration delay on Drill and Air Anchor, so don't let your last GCD in Wildfire be one of those skills, because it won't count as a Wildfire GCD due to lag. Idk if Chainsaw also has delayed damage, I haven't played MCH much since ShB.

E: Any of you gardening experts know if Thavnairian Onion seeds are good for crossbreeding with anything? I've got my garden set up yielding them now but I'm wondering if it's worth hanging onto them and using them to crossbreed stuff instead of just making a few indoor pots and tending to them by themselves. I'll only ever have the one outdoor plot though so if I did do that I'd have to rip out my tantalplants.

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 29, 2022

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

lol at getting Unreleased Trophy for maxing rank with Ameliance. Somebody forgot to set a flag to active.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Thundarr posted:

lol at getting Unreleased Trophy for maxing rank with Ameliance. Somebody forgot to set a flag to active.

Taking extra time to come up with a really good pun

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Subjunctive posted:

On another topic, at what point can I be confident that I'm a real liability to my FL team? My current record is 16-34-32, and while I'm no longer trying to make melee work in Frontline, I haven't seen a win in weeks. I just want that Garo mount and then I can go back to not caring because I get decent XP either way.

I'm doing better in CC, I think (Casual)...

not sure what class you're playing in FL, but smn is always a good bet! run with the blob, hit bahamut on cooldown.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, Summoner is a beast in Frontline right now even if you're just dropping Bahamut/Slipstream into the opposing murderball. The one caveat is that you'll get picked out as a high-priority kill target and probably eat a few more deaths than you would normally, because SMN is really good and anyone with any kind of FL target awareness wants the enemy SMN dead ASAP.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Chillgamesh posted:

E: Any of you gardening experts know if Thavnairian Onion seeds are good for crossbreeding with anything?

none of the crossbreeding products are worth disrupting the tantalplant cycle

https://www.ffxivgardening.com/seed-details.php?SeedID=46

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So for the Nexus/Soulglaze part of the ARR relic, any particular recommendations for getting them maxed out ASAP, assuming you’re 90 and running solo unsynced?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Personally I had nice easy results doing Aurum Vale repeatedly at two minutes each. But there may be better options.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Sastasha, Tam-Tara Deepcroft, and Aurum Vale are all fast unsynced dungeons than can potentially have bonus light rewards - a normal run will give "Brilliant light" while a boosted run will give "Blinding light". It's double the points for Blinding, so you'll finish twice as fast during a bonus window, but there's not really any way of knowing what's currently boosted except by trial and error, and every 2 real-world hours (I'm not positive if it's on odds or evens) new duties are chosen from the pool to give extra light.

(The biggest reward is a step above Blinding - Newborn Star - but it's only for a few duties like Syrcus Tower and Keeper of the Lake, and the point total is only +50% from Blinding, but you can run the other three so quickly that you can probably outstrip the difference even unboosted due to the speed difference.)

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
Ifrit Normal takes 3-4 seconds per run at most, plus loading times. Doing it 100 times will finish the step. I put on some good music and just blasted through it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I recommend Aurum Vale, personally. You only need to kill 6 mobs: the 3 bosses and the 3 morbols. Everything else can be a conga line chasing you. No stopping for interactables needed either like Satasha or Tam-Tara.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

So I'm at the edge of finally buying a new PC, and I was wondering, to transfer my stuff from FFXIV it's enough to use the backup character option to keep my UI and settings and then reinstall, right?

Griz
May 21, 2001

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

So I'm at the edge of finally buying a new PC, and I was wondering, to transfer my stuff from FFXIV it's enough to use the backup character option to keep my UI and settings and then reinstall, right?

the backup stuff should theoretically work, or you could hook up the old drive and copy the entire "Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn" folder which will also include your screenshots etc

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Griz posted:

the backup stuff should theoretically work, or you could hook up the old drive and copy the entire "Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn" folder which will also include your screenshots etc

Well I was planning to make a backup of all the personal stuff I wanna keep to an external drive (my old PC is so full of poo poo I wanna start clean on the new one) and that folder was included so that's perfect for me!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I am returnered.

Hello thread, long time no fate. Yesterday I got a birthday present so I open palm slammed $70 into the square store to get the expansion and some game time.

Mog station reactivation, game client download, and the initialization of the game remains dreamlike. I cannot describe how incomprehensive and familiar it feels to navigate the multi step process by muscle memory as if possessed.

But that opening cinematic got me hype tho. Like omg it so hype.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

I recommend Aurum Vale, personally. You only need to kill 6 mobs: the 3 bosses and the 3 morbols. Everything else can be a conga line chasing you. No stopping for interactables needed either like Satasha or Tam-Tara.

I also check Stone Vigil for the boost, which is similar except you do a bit of aoe before the last door.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

nthing the other dungeon suggestions, but also adding totorak -- i did nirvana zeta a month or so ago, and totorak was my bonus window dungeon. it's SO fast now.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
I settled on Thornmarch Extreme for light farming. A good chunk of light, and no running around, just aoe some moogles for under a minute.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Controller chat:
Found this to be pretty helpful since some of the options are not obvious in their effect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA2rwWp_Uk8

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Gnossiennes posted:

not sure what class you're playing in FL, but smn is always a good bet! run with the blob, hit bahamut on cooldown.

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, Summoner is a beast in Frontline right now even if you're just dropping Bahamut/Slipstream into the opposing murderball. The one caveat is that you'll get picked out as a high-priority kill target and probably eat a few more deaths than you would normally, because SMN is really good and anyone with any kind of FL target awareness wants the enemy SMN dead ASAP.

I played SMN today, not especially well but fifth in damage and 1-1-11 KDA. It’s not as fun as MCH that I was playing before, but it seems easier to at do something positive in teamfights. I’ll keep trying it. Thanks!

(We still lost, mostly screwed by rng on ice blob spawn locations.)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

AngusPodgorny posted:

I settled on Thornmarch Extreme for light farming. A good chunk of light, and no running around, just aoe some moogles for under a minute.

You monster.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Punch a moogle for me, would you?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blowing up all the moogles with Bahamut is incredibly satisfying.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

If you blow up enough of the Mogsguard at once, you can make the Good King give up more HP than he has when trying to revive them, thus completing the fight.

It is very fun.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

When I do moogle mog extreme for catbook I like to do it as mch and turn on flamethrower while the moogles are resurrecting.

Abundance of Gokus
Jan 8, 2009

Sailor Scout Encounter 5: Mercury Aqua Rhapsody
Does anyone have a link to the old "Class Player" rant from that one guy's Lodestone page? I want to torture entertain my static with a dramatic reading during raid night this week and Google is not being helpful.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I don't know if you can do it for light, but for catbook primals I just use BLU because it skips all the annoying invulnerability phases

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Abundance of Gokus posted:

Does anyone have a link to the old "Class Player" rant from that one guy's Lodestone page? I want to torture entertain my static with a dramatic reading during raid night this week and Google is not being helpful.

You probably mean this guy's blog, which is a trip through a damaged individual's psyche.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/11672/blog/

Abundance of Gokus
Jan 8, 2009

Sailor Scout Encounter 5: Mercury Aqua Rhapsody

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

You probably mean this guy's blog, which is a trip through a damaged individual's psyche.

That's the one, thanks. The rant I was thinking of in particular was the one where he unlocked RDM, and it's as good as I remember.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Is this what playing 1.0 does to a person? :stonk:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
"This problem is an identity crisis of the highest order and why Square-Enix must fire Yoshi-P; he's not Mr. Naoki Yoshida, so this is an acceptable loss."

Lol at posting that in 2019

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

"Tanks healing themselves, Healers DPSing rather than curing, DPS taking on tanking responsibilities by overstepping their damage boundaries (YES, they do exist)"

:psyduck:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Qwertycoatl posted:

"Tanks healing themselves, Healers DPSing rather than curing, DPS taking on tanking responsibilities by overstepping their damage boundaries (YES, they do exist)"

:psyduck:

If you pay attention he mained Gladiator, so he’s talking about dps doing enough damage to take threat off him, which uhhh, is not hard to do if you’re intentionally giving up a shitload of your kit.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

So does this person think YoshiP and Naoki Yoshida are different people?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Managed to finish my ARR big fishing journey yesterday and also get all the ARR fish in general, so I decided to start my HW big fishing journey in the best way possible.

Waking up at 4:30AM to catch the Bobgoblin Bass.

I got it at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Lord_Magmar posted:

If you pay attention he mained Gladiator, so he’s talking about dps doing enough damage to take threat off him, which uhhh, is not hard to do if you’re intentionally giving up a shitload of your kit.

That was also written around Stormblood, when aggro management still was a thing even without intentionally crippling yourself.