Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
And in other news, the San Francisco weather forecast is looking awfully fishy.

https://twitter.com/evacide/status/1542210917936398337

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Just complete loving garbage.

e: speaking of which, got a fundraising test from Michael Bennett. "Polling shows us neck and neck!" Well, if you're actually neck and neck with a Republican in a statewide race in Colorado it's probably because you're complete garbage. gently caress off.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Bennett has been a disappointment, but only because the party on the whole is so loving worthless. He seems pretty lockstep with whatever dems generally propose but nothing gets done because *insert reasons* and *decorum* bullshit.

Not that he deserves your money, dems deserve their empty purses. Let them get it from their business daddies.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

That’s the sound of a 2024 presidential bid crashing before it even got off the ground.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

pantslesswithwolves posted:

That’s the sound of a 2024 presidential bid crashing before it even got off the ground.

Nah, we'll get more establishment "it's her turn!" horseshit forced upon us and she'll get absolutely blown out in the general.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Bennett has been a disappointment, but only because the party on the whole is so loving worthless. He seems pretty lockstep with whatever dems generally propose but nothing gets done because *insert reasons* and *decorum* bullshit.

Not that he deserves your money, dems deserve their empty purses. Let them get it from their business daddies.

Yup, he's your generic milquetoast decorum addled Democrat. I'm not going to be here in November, I wouldn't give him money even if I was.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Well I guess not everything sucks this month then.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

lmao

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1541909929677684737

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Well I guess not everything sucks this month then.

you think that stops them?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

maffew buildings posted:

you think that stops them?

No, but hopefully she’ll tank in the primary.

Also I take it this is what people meant by grid deletion.

https://twitter.com/coupsure/status/1542203934646861825?s=21&t=GiOsX4TMLfq0nFp3tEjd9g

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://twitter.com/MaggieBlackhawk/status/1542147095750213633?t=EtFsd2jqh2T3r8qjdFomjw&s=19

drat can't do anything about any of this too bad

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
BREAKING: Biden-Harris Administration Secures More Than 100 Million Doses of Pfizer's Latest COVID-19 Vaccine for Fall Vaccine Campaign

quote:

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), in collaboration with the Department of Defense (DOD), announced an agreement to purchase more than 100 million doses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine for a fall vaccine campaign. The contract announcement follows a June 28, 2022 meeting of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee, which recommended the inclusion of an Omicron component for COVID-19 booster vaccines in the U.S.

“Vaccines have been a game-changer in our fight against COVID-19, allowing people to return to normal activities knowing that vaccines protect from severe illness,” said HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra. “The Biden-Harris Administration is committed to doing everything we can to continue to make vaccines free and widely available to Americans – and this is an important first step to preparing us for the fall.”

The $3.2 billion contract includes a combination of adult and pediatric doses with a portion of the adult doses provided as single-dose vials, a first for COVID-19 vaccines. HHS has been working with vaccine manufacturers to offer single-dose vials as an option to minimize instances of wastage. Pending FDA authorization of the vaccine and a recommendation by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, HHS could expect to receive first deliveries of the new vaccine in the early fall.

“Over the past 18 months, we have procured and delivered more than 750 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine nationwide, contributing to two-thirds of American adults being fully vaccinated,” said HHS Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) Dawn O’Connell. “We look forward to taking delivery of these new variant-specific vaccines and working with state and local health departments, pharmacies, health care providers, federally qualified health centers, and other partners to make them available in communities around the country this fall.”

To award the contract, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), part of ASPR, collaborated with the DOD Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Defense (JPEO-CBRND) who led this effort in partnership with the Defense Assisted Acquisition Cell (DA2) and U.S. Army Contracting Command.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What was the vote on this? I’m only interested because Gorsch last year voted in favor of the exact opposite .and apparently on the federal bench had a good record on Native American matters if I remember correctly. Not that it changes anything I was just wondering.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Marshal Prolapse posted:

What was the vote on this? I’m only interested because Gorsch last year voted in favor of the exact opposite .and apparently on the federal bench had a good record on Native American matters if I remember correctly. Not that it changes anything I was just wondering.

5-4. Barrett replaced RBG and thus why Gorsuch's dissent is extremely pissy because the court went 5-4 *for* Native Americans in what was supposed to be a landmark ruling in McGirt v. Oklahoma in 2020.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Isn't that in violation of treaty, which the constitution declares is the the law of the land? The court doesn't have the loving authority to amend treaties.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facialimpediment posted:

5-4. Barrett replaced RBG and thus why Gorsuch's dissent is extremely pissy because the court went 5-4 *for* Native Americans in what was supposed to be a landmark ruling in McGirt v. Oklahoma in 2020.

Ah I didn’t see the dissent, but that makes a lot of sense. Granted I seem to recall it did lead to legal issues, but I never heard to much of lot’s of negative results in practice.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

A.o.D. posted:

Isn't that in violation of treaty, which the constitution declares is the the law of the land? The court doesn't have the loving authority to amend treaties.

And?

They pulled similar poo poo with the Voting Rights Act.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

A.o.D. posted:

law is fake

it's one of the few topics I'll sound the most like maffew about

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

A.o.D. posted:

Who exactly is going to stop them from doing whatever they want? They're the head of the government at this point. You can pretty much guarantee that if congress actually functioned and managed to pass a law that went against one of their big rulings they'd just find it unconstitutional. They're an unchecked power.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

A.o.D. posted:

Courts aren't supposed to have the authority to be doing international diplomacy either, and have repeatedly said so to themselves, but the presidential administration is in three way negotiations between the US, Mexico, and the courts right now.

Their authority is "What are you going to do about it?" right now and the answer hasn't been a good one.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://twitter.com/AlexThomp/status/1542256921431924738

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1542270021401026560

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

bird food bathtub posted:

Courts aren't supposed to have the authority to be doing international diplomacy either, and have repeatedly said so to themselves, but the presidential administration is in three way negotiations between the US, Mexico, and the courts right now.

Their authority is "What are you going to do about it?" right now and the answer hasn't been a good one.

What's hosed is that the courts have no capacity for enforcement other than the Executive's compliance. They're being allowed to do this. Which means that this bullshit is being given tacit Democrat approval.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

They are going to get loving annihilated in November.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

And our rapid descent into a fascist theocracy will continue while they blame us for not being excited to vote for them doing absolutely nothing over fascism.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Maybe polarization is what is needed before the midterms. Maybe there is no loving trust in the court already. Maybe you need to get off your rear end and do something. gently caress me.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
R kelly got 10 more years than maxwell lmao

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

And our rapid descent into a fascist theocracy will continue while they blame us for not being excited to vote for them doing absolutely nothing over fascism.

The rise of Fascism is always enabled by a lethargic and unmotivated opposition that was more focused on playing the political game as they knew it instead of doing their duty.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah these fucks have lost my vote

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Arrath posted:

Maybe polarization is what is needed before the midterms. Maybe there is no loving trust in the court already. Maybe you need to get off your rear end and do something. gently caress me.

I have something for you!

https://twitter.com/joesonka/status/1542261342220029958

It's the dumbest thing that Democratic Leadership isn't immediately holding votes on 12/16/whatever-week abortions that are hyper-popular, then voting to codify loving EVERYTHING now at risk.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

fknlo posted:

The end of the American democracy because President West Wing won't go to the mattresses for it.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tiny Timbs posted:

Yeah these fucks have lost my vote

Same. I'm pretty much done. I'm going to be moving to rural Missouri anyway so there's really no point in engaging any more.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

It's the dumbest thing that Democratic Leadership isn't immediately holding votes on 12/16/whatever-week abortions that are hyper-popular, then voting to codify loving EVERYTHING now at risk.

Gaaaaaaaahhhhhh In exchange for what, Mitch loving off to retirement forever? Goddamnit this poo poo is so dumb

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

facialimpediment posted:

lol

looooool

looooooooooooooooooooool

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Why does the majority party need to make any kind of deals with the minority to get judges elected

For gently caress’s sake

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

fknlo posted:

Book it

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

stealie72 posted:

The end of the American democracy because President West Wing won't go to the mattresses for it.

Can we at least tar and feather Aaron Sorkin for this?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tiny Timbs posted:

Why does the majority party need to make any kind of deals with the minority to get judges elected

For gently caress’s sake

someone else said the deal is that mitch won't block biden's noms when republicans retake the senate. i don't believe that he will honor that at all.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Here's what gets me:

https://twitter.com/brianefallon/status/1542274628193771522

Compared to:

https://twitter.com/fkwang/status/1542274204250345472

Compared to:

https://twitter.com/MalloryMcMorrow/status/1542162557322104833

It isn't hard to tell people what to do, where to do it, and how the gently caress to fight back. But Biden's like "go away, I'm overseas", Harris is like "go away, I'm bad", and Pelosi et al are like "go away, I'm old and gonna die". You'd think these loving people would at least be able to fake being angry after watching what they ostensibly have been fighting for ~50 years going poof.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

No of course he’s not going to honor that. The man himself has established the precedent that he will not honor these types of deals.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Mr. Nice! posted:

lol

looooool

looooooooooooooooooooool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Tiny Timbs posted:

No of course he’s not going to honor that. The man himself has established the precedent that he will not honor these types of deals.

:emptyquote: