Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Every time there is an updated to either ETS or ATS the skybox gets corrupted and I have to verify the game files to make the game not crash after a few minutes.
It is always the same, a game update is released, I start the game, the skybox is green and purple, I drive for like 10 minutes and then the game crashes. Verify files, corrupted files found.
These are the only games it happens to for me, anyone else have this issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I can't say I've had that issue. My issue is ATS ate my save of like many hours.. i'm very sad, Although I dont really mind too much stating from zero again when I had a truckin empire.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

tater_salad posted:

I can't say I've had that issue. My issue is ATS ate my save of like many hours.. i'm very sad, Although I dont really mind too much stating from zero again when I had a truckin empire.

Man that sucks, I don't care about the money or AI drivers, it's the "driven roads" I am all about. I've had the same save since day 1, it would suck to lose it.
I am not sure if the game automatically enables cloud saves these days but I had to convert my local save to cloud when they added that functionality.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

TjyvTompa posted:

You can have as many as you want, it doesn't really matter. Just buy the ones that you want to use, if you want your drivers to also use them you should probably have 1 of each type of trailer. But in the end it really doesn't matter at all.
Be aware that some trailers (triples, RM-doubles) can only be used in certain states which limits the distance they can be used by the AI drivers which makes them usually bad earners.

Cheers, I'm on Euro mode but I'll make sure to check if there are similar country rules. I'm sure there's also a few less to choose from.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Chieves posted:

Cheers, I'm on Euro mode but I'll make sure to check if there are similar country rules. I'm sure there's also a few less to choose from.

Here you go: https://truck-simulator.fandom.com/wiki/Euro_Truck_Simulator_2_Long_Combination_Vehicles

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

TjyvTompa posted:

Every time there is an updated to either ETS or ATS the skybox gets corrupted and I have to verify the game files to make the game not crash after a few minutes.
It is always the same, a game update is released, I start the game, the skybox is green and purple, I drive for like 10 minutes and then the game crashes. Verify files, corrupted files found.
These are the only games it happens to for me, anyone else have this issue?

Very strange. Never had that happen. I wonder if you might just have a bad spot on your hard drive or something that it keeps trying to write to.

tater_salad posted:

Reminder to self to back up my save, that would be disheartening.

Everything There
Sep 3, 2015
We wrote this beta app that introduces head movements as an ETS2 game input. It turns your head into a semi-game controller! Here's a video we made showing how truck drivers can control the ETS2 camera with their real-life head motions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/trucksim/comments/ta19yy/we_wrote_this_beta_app_that_introduces_head/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
New truck out today in ATS, International 9900i:

Digging the old school look of that dashboard.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

StarkRavingMad posted:

Where does the GPS go?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

punishedkissinger posted:

Where does the GPS go?

Lower left window, I forgot to put it on for the screenshot. Although those are labeled as part of the Cabin Accessories DLC (I think) so I'm not sure if you just have no dash GPS if you don't have that DLC.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Did they ever fix it so those of us who turn off the GPS UI element can still get messages?

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

StarkRavingMad posted:

A nice addition. That's the truck I drove in CDL school.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I could never be a long haul trucker. I play this game with a wheel and within 5 minutes I'm incredibly drowsy.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

EngineerJoe posted:

I could never be a long haul trucker. I play this game with a wheel and within 5 minutes I'm incredibly drowsy.

that's why one requires Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine. All a friend can say is ain't it a shame

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

give me weeds whites and wine and show me a sign

and i will plug in my driving wheel

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

StarkRavingMad posted:

Here's the fix for the mirrors being so far away when sitting inside the cab: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2784585330
And here is the fix for the engine sounding like a sewing machine: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2783069287

I like this truck, only irritating thing for me is that the window-gps completely covers the front left mirror but that might be because I have my seat all the way back and all the way down, but how could I not drive with the seat down low.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://i.imgur.com/29LJVkg.mp4

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Missing a smooching effect.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I heard the crash fine sound effect in my head

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
New ETS2 update out with all-new Austria redesign! I've not checked it out yet but the new distance signs and signs telling you which region you just entered (previously only in Italy I think?) are a nice touch. :)

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
ATS likewise got an update this week with a bunch of reworked parts of California, some new trailers, and automatic refunds if you buy equipment added by mods but later have to uninstall the mods. I'm super curious to check out the reworked cities!

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

DoubleNegative posted:

ATS likewise got an update this week with a bunch of reworked parts of California, some new trailers, and automatic refunds if you buy equipment added by mods but later have to uninstall the mods. I'm super curious to check out the reworked cities!

They own. I played the open beta of 1.44 and Sacramento looks way better now than before. Same with Redding and Eureka. Like it's not even close how much better they are.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
The 1.44 update is really nice as it fixes the force feedback, it now feels much better to drive with a wheel. There is also a setting for engine resonance that is set to 0 by default, set it to like 30% and the wheel will vibrate when the engine is pulling hard, feels fantastic.

I also found this today: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1327040/Truck_World_Australia/
I am not one to get hyped over unreleased games but man this looks amazing. Hope it will be as good as it looks.

Edit: Oh no https://steamcommunity.com/app/1327040/discussions/0/3269061689623510985/

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 12, 2022

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

TjyvTompa posted:

I also found this today: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1327040/Truck_World_Australia/
I am not one to get hyped over unreleased games but man this looks amazing. Hope it will be as good as it looks.

Oh wow, this does look really nice. At the very least, I hope it brings some competition to SCS for working on a graphics overhaul eventually (or heaven forbid, ETS3/ATS2).

Oh no :(

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

TjyvTompa posted:

They got the colour of the trees pretty drat close to reality. This is a marker of potential.

Meh, licensing can be expensive and hard, and many games use placeholder assets early on.

They got the colour of the eucalyptus trees right for the environment, I'll take that over having used placeholder models.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Heart of Russia officially cancelled

https://blog.scssoft.com/2022/05/heart-of-russia-dlc-statement.html?m=1

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

I don't think cancelled, just shelved for the foreseeable future. But still, decision makes sense.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Was wondering how they’ll approach it. For me the best way is to give it away or sell with proceeds going to charity, but they’re a game dev studio and a dlc like that is an investment they probably need to make back at some point.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
What's the deal with the Estonia-Russia border in ETS2? When I get selected for a random check, I can never get the prompts to activate so I end up having to eat a penalty. I don't recall it being this bad when I first used it so maybe they changed it with the recent update, but I don't think any of the other Russia borders are any different.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah I can't find the Pay Bribe button either, is it a bug?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah I can't find the Pay Bribe button either, is it a bug?

Lol.

It actually seems like they have updated all of the Russian borders to be more like those in the Black Sea DLC, which is fine but some of the sheds you've got to squeeze into for inspections are a real pain and it seems like you get called up a lot more often than you do for the others. Some of them, namely the Poland and Finland ones, are also really long! This is probably more realistic but I feel like they could've trimmed them down by like a third? Here's hoping they never actually put Brexit in. :suicide:

Still haven't played Iberia because even though I like the game and it's great for when I'm on standby with work, £15 seems a bit steep. With the Russia DLC cancelled I get the feeling it's not going to be on sale any time soon either. :(

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Lol.

It actually seems like they have updated all of the Russian borders to be more like those in the Black Sea DLC, which is fine but some of the sheds you've got to squeeze into for inspections are a real pain and it seems like you get called up a lot more often than you do for the others. Some of them, namely the Poland and Finland ones, are also really long! This is probably more realistic but I feel like they could've trimmed them down by like a third? Here's hoping they never actually put Brexit in. :suicide:

Still haven't played Iberia because even though I like the game and it's great for when I'm on standby with work, £15 seems a bit steep. With the Russia DLC cancelled I get the feeling it's not going to be on sale any time soon either. :(

SCS recently announced the next ETS2 DLC that will cover West Balkans sans Greece, so Iberia might see a sale after all.

As to the Greece thing I wonder why it was snubbed. Perhaps because another Czech developer had staff arrested in Greece when doing field research for Arma 3?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

a podcast for cats posted:

SCS recently announced the next ETS2 DLC that will cover West Balkans sans Greece, so Iberia might see a sale after all.

As to the Greece thing I wonder why it was snubbed. Perhaps because another Czech developer had staff arrested in Greece when doing field research for Arma 3?

Fingers crossed!

I was thinking because of the sheer number of slightly different islands you'd probably need to include, but I didn't know that story so I'm going to search it out now, haha. I loved Operation Flashpoint back in the day so I've always got time for them.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I would say Greece by itself would be relatively small for a full DLC. Maybe they’re planning Greece+Turkey (since Istanbul is in) and Cyprus.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Not SCS but Alaskan truck sim finally has a demo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iDa0Vwcylg

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 14, 2022

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
If you want to make ETS2 more zen, play TruckersMP and cruise around the DLC countries where it's just you, the road and the very occasional other trucker you can honk at as they pass you on the other side of a lonely Romanian motorway

If you want to glimpse the mouth of hell, drive over to Calais and see some poor bastard roll his truck just outside the main depot, causing half the server to lean on their horns and spam ADMIN PLS HALP as he desperately tries to request recovery

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

If you want to glimpse the mouth of hell, drive over to Calais and see some poor bastard roll his truck just outside the main depot, causing half the server to lean on their horns and spam ADMIN PLS HALP as he desperately tries to request recovery

Ah! The magic of the road...

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Mouse& keyboard or controller?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

controller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005