Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

lol what a bunch of maroons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
oh you're saying my street corner shell game is rigged? why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and bet against my very real customer who is not a shill

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

PITY BONER posted:

She is definitely my favorite famous insane person, even if she is highly racist and prejudiced against pretty much everyone that isn't her (to the point where it seems like everyone is equally trash to her). I remember I tried summarizing some of her top antics to my zoomer niece, and at some point I was like "wait, there's a lot more."

However, this is the first time I've heard about the Elon thing. That owns that she immediately put that dude on blast and shamed him for it.

I looked at her wiki and you are not exaggerating.

"In January 2021, she received criticism after posting a video on Instagram of her digging up and cooking her dead pet cat"

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I mean why not? Double your source of income, take money from the tax evaders and sell that data to the feds.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

LifeSunDeath posted:

LMAO, zomg so decentralized and anonymous, really the future of finance.

That's what you get for keeping your money on an exchange.

You should be hammering it onto a steel plate instead, idiot:

many have said it once, and i will say it again...HAMMER YOUR HARDWARE WALLET SEEDS ONTO A STEEL PLATE!

quote:

ok congrats. you now sucked it up and bought a hardware wallet (i recommend Ledger Nano X). it finally sunk through your thick skull that keeping your seeds offline and secure at all times is the way to go. but now you have a new adversary: the elements. rust, fire, water, corrosion, physical wear and tear. and you realize paper isnt gonna cut it. paper rots. paper burns. paper rips. ink fades. ink smears. bugs eat paper. paper gone? seeds gone. so gently caress paper, put your seeds on an encrypted USB, right? well they break too, and they burn too.

so forget paper, take the extra effort and go with stainless steel!

things you need:

1x: 100mm x 100mm stainless steel plate, 3mm thick. this is where you will hammer your seed phrases. you do not want it thinner because it will be less heat resistant and the letters wont come out as clear.

1x: 100mm x 100mm stainless steel plate, 1.5mm thick. this will serve as a cover plate.

1x: 3mm letter punch set

1x: 3mm number punch set

1x: small hammer

1x: punch holder (optional but i recommend it)

a drill or drill press with a drill bit (i used 5/16)

some screws and nuts

tape

optional: red Loctite

now hammer your seeds on the 3mm thick plate. take your time. practice on scrap metal if you have to. with the punch holder (the blue thing) you can set and align it before giving it a nice solid WHACK, straight down with the hammer. do it slow, pace yourself, take your time. and try to make everything as close to center as possible. this is why i like the 100mmx100mm plate, leaves plenty of space and room for error just in case.

once youre done, put the thinner plate on top, secure it (with clams and tape!) and drill a hole through both in each corner. a drill press is recommended. (i used a 5/16 drill bit to make the holes). put the appropriate size nuts and screws and tighten. if you want, you can put red Loctite on the screws so youll need a blowtorch to unscrew it. (red loctite is the poo poo)

then tape it. this will serve as your el cheapo "tamper proof" tape. but with red loctite, you probably wont need it, because red loctite is strong as gently caress

and now you have your seeds (aka YOUR MONEY) on a rustproof fireproof corrosion proof medium.

now where to hide? up to you. but someone here likes to put theirs in a boulder. and i like that too.

last step: reward yourself with your favorite drink, knowing your seeds are safe.

total cost for all this: $25. it wont be as pretty as the retail metal plates. but drat it does the job and its cheaper. and youll have the tools to make more if you need, and youll only have to but the metal plates.

cheers

Currency of the future!

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out

HappyHippo posted:

quote:

last step: reward yourself with your favorite drink, knowing your seeds are safe.

Remember gentlemen, always reward yourself with a drink after hammering out your seeds.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
You could just like, laminate a piece of paper and put it in your fire safe. Or don’t even laminate it.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Or not have all your savings dependent on the integrity of a physical object?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

HappyHippo posted:

Or not have all your savings dependent on the integrity of a physical object?

Ah so now your pro Bitcoin

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Clicking the “forgot my password” link on Bank of America’s site with tears streaming down my face like an absolute beta cuck

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Potential av

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

HappyHippo posted:

many have said it once, and i will say it again...HAMMER YOUR HARDWARE WALLET SEEDS ONTO A STEEL PLATE!

Currency of the future!

Alternate idea: go to the pet store and type your crap into the kiosk that laser engraves dog tags. It's easier, cheaper, smaller, and as a bonus it'll be in the shape of a bone when you're done!

Pro strat: just hide it in plain sight on your pet's collar. Have you ever read the tag on someone else's dog? Dog runs away? Getting it back is more important than your buttcoins anyway. Don't have a dog? What are you doing with your life? Have a cat instead? Same applies. Cats are cool too.

Cat Hatter fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 30, 2022

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Cat Hatter posted:

Alternate idea: go to the pet store and type your crap into the kiosk that laser engraves dog tags. It's easier, cheaper, smaller, and as a bonus it'll be in the shape of a bone when you're done!

Pro strat: just hide it in plain sight on your pet's collar. Have you ever read the tag on someone else's dog? Dog runs away? Getting it back is more important than your buttcoins anyway. Don't have a dog? What are you doing with your life? Have a cat instead? Same applies. Cats are cool too.

Or scratch poo poo into a strip of aluminum. Or get a bunch of Ti rings off Amazon with free engraving and wear them everywhere and when you are murdered because you endlessly talk about crypto and have pushed someone over the edge at a party the true crime podcasts will obsess about the meaning behind the random poo poo on the inside of your rings.

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
Getting an entire hash on my dick cause no one will see it.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

SAY YOHO posted:

Misread 'hash' a second there

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
A lotta yall still dont get it. Dick holders can use multiple rashes on a single dick. So if you have 1 astro dick and 3 rashes, you can create 3 new dicks.

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

Cat Hatter posted:

Dog runs away?

https://youtu.be/MDaB9wj1rIQ

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Lazyfire posted:

Or scratch poo poo into a strip of aluminum. Or get a bunch of Ti rings off Amazon with free engraving and wear them everywhere and when you are murdered because you endlessly talk about crypto and have pushed someone over the edge at a party the true crime podcasts will obsess about the meaning behind the random poo poo on the inside of your rings.

Or, and hear me out, don't have buttcoins.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

SAY YOHO posted:

How much is an "entire hash"?

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

How much is an "entire hash"?

Depends, 8-bit in your case.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Collateral Damage posted:

That's a very bouncy cat corpse.

It's more that people are repeatedly paying exorbitant sums of money to grab the cat corpse, shout "To the Moon!" and fling it a few feet in the air.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Viscous Soda posted:

It's more that people are repeatedly paying exorbitant sums of money to grab the cat corpse, shout "To the Moon!" and fling it a few feet in the air.

No no, she cooked the cat

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

Unperson_47 posted:

Let's all remember the good times we had with Radioshack.

They used to be legit up until the late 70's/early 80's and then they started firing all the knowledgable staff who actually knew stuff and would help you, raising prices, various VIP drama, and replacing the good staff with know-nothing schlubs who just pushed whatever they were told to.

I can't believe they held on as long as they did but watching them go to pieces the way they did was just awful. In some ways worse than watching Frys fall apart.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
last time i was in radio shack the guy behind the register wanted enough info to steal my fuckin' identity before he'd sell me a charger cable, and seemed offended when i said "you know what, gently caress it i'll just get one at 7-11"

can't believe they went bankrupt

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
They were just a Sprint store the last decade anyhow.

/\ they just wanted to sign you up for a second tier cellular service.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

It sucks because if I wanted, say, a 1 ohm resistor, I would have honestly no idea where to get one, and I live in a major city. I guess I'd just buy it online, which is fuckin dumb.

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

more falafel please posted:

It sucks because if I wanted, say, a 1 ohm resistor, I would have honestly no idea where to get one, and I live in a major city. I guess I'd just buy it online, which is fuckin dumb.

I learned from playing fallout that you can take apart electronics to get their components

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!

Unperson_47 posted:

Let's all remember the good times we had with Radioshack.
I bought my first bag o ceramic capacitors from Radioshack before there was Amazon :3:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Bloomberg: NFTs Have ‘Fallen Off the Cliff’ as Sales Sink to Lowest Levels in a Year

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
blue chip NFTs lmao

e: some fun headlines in there

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Good that they include the actual value line too.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

ikanreed posted:

Good that they include the actual value line too.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
from the other thread, radioshack has been bought out by crypto bros and is now in full assault mode:

LifeSunDeath posted:

is that why this is happening:

oh poo poo it's real, gently caress they really did get crypto broified:

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

HappyHippo posted:

Currency of the future!

Gotta include the image for that

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

LifeSunDeath posted:

from the other thread, radioshack has been bought out by crypto bros and is now in full assault mode:

Wwhhoooo the gently caress is going to go to radioshack these days, much less for crypto??!

Are they trying to work the scam on olds who have vague memories still of when it was a good company or something?? poo poo is surreal.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

Wwhhoooo the gently caress is going to go to radioshack these days, much less for crypto??!

Are they trying to work the scam on olds who have vague memories still of when it was a good company or something?? poo poo is surreal.

No, they just bought the rights to the brand since it's recognizable

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

sticksy posted:

No, they just bought the rights to the brand since it's recognizable

Yeah, radioshack as it once was is completely gone.

Yesterdays Latte
Nov 14, 2021

Foo Diddley posted:

blue chip NFTs lmao

e: some fun headlines in there

"Creates"

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

It went from 20k to 19500 in like 15 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Come on 18k... just a stone's throw away.

In related news, I always feel a surge of happiness and good feelings everytime this bullshit goes below 20k.