Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Bleeder is still listed as Alive on our sheet, but the Player didn't comment on that. I wonder if that means that this "Bleeder" is just the remnants of his Lordship and we did manage to punt him over to Heaven's End. Nice to hear that we are doing good with the Backup, there's hope for us yet on getting into Paradise with all Backup alive (which sounds like something that's never been attempted before?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
So for our lore experts that are better at reading between the lines:
- The Island (which is some sorta stable, peaceful town) has a oil rig with necromantic stuff on it offshore.
- Hurricane/dryad terrorism hits, disperses the oil across the island.
- 3 days of Bad Stuff occurs with the vast majority of the population getting killed.
- The few survivors are made Lords 'by the island' (island is now sentient? Or there's some other entities representing it like the dryads mentioned). Maybe some other survivors aren't lorded, not sure.
- Stuff happens, the lords get their slice of land and subjects etc.
- The congregation in particular are cursed with unlife, and in particular replay the final 3 days. A couple of days of relative peace, then a night of getting hunted and killed by the undead. Not sure who the congregation and their tormentors are in this case - altered island citizens?
- Now that Bleeder is dead, both he/his suit with his memories imprinted on it and the congregation are instead reliving just the final period of the 3 days.

Is that about right?

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

As I understand it:

-the world use to be like our earth, with modern day technology, but then the old ones awoke and started unleashing mythos-like terrors on our reality, which starts getting a little loosey-goosey with the nature of life and death.
-Lots of people die, some live for longer by settling in havens that are sheltered/isolated/hidden/protected against all the supernatural bullshit. Smiercia’s little settlement was one of those havens, under her protection. I imagine the island was a separate one. I don’t think all the lords originate from the island though.
-this isn’t true for everyone, but lots of people, when they died on our earth, basically got isekai’d to this new world with a new identity and only vague memories of their previous life. I think when we say Hunter is one of the few sane people left, we mean she remembers what old earth was like in her previous life. This world, full of magic and sorcery, and guns and technology, and wonders and horrors beyond your imagination, it’s inaccurate to call it an afterlife. But it’s not the world as we know it. I would call it the dreamlands, but I think that’s a separate plane of reality that the cats of ulthar inhabit.
-Anyway, bleeder is a survivor of the island. Not all of the island people drowned in boiling-hot necromantic oil; some of the corpses were swallowed by the oil spill after they died in terror from other scary poo poo. the congregation are a congealed mass of flesh because the oil dissolved all them together. Whenever they come back to life (due to the necromantic properties of the oil) they come back with other people’s body parts, or other people attached to them. Repeat that process enough times you get a big ol flesh blob of a thousand mouths and minds all screaming in perpetual trauma, bc the biggest memories they all share are those final days. I think bleeder bleeding them regularly was keep them in check, from growing any further and adding to the flesh blob. So much for that!

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
Well I wouldn't call myself an expert but here are my two cents:

- The Island (which is some sorta stable, peaceful town) has a oil rig with necromantic stuff on it offshore.

Correct, there was some sort of oil spill, and that oil (probably) carried the powers of the World King, who is the Lich that we encountered in our first trip to the Back. He spawned in the oil platform along with the Errant after the awakening according to the Unliving theater movie.

- Hurricane/dryad terrorism hits, disperses the oil across the island.

I would assume the dryads were the original habitants of the Island, and they attacked the oil rig in protest to fight against the colonist expedition (which was probably sent by Anidus and included the people who would become Lords, Cultists and Eidolons), but much of this is speculation based on the movie about vampires we saw in the unliving theater. If the Island really ended up becoming the mountain we're right now walking on, then the Home colony would be the second expedition to these lands sent by Anidus.

- 3 days of Bad Stuff occurs with the vast majority of the population getting killed.

I think it was more than those three days, I think there were multiple disasters lasting for a week at least, but it was those last three days that had most impact on Bleeder and the rest of the Congregation. My guess is that in those last three days, the Errant actually started spreading his vampirism across the survivors. That would be the origin of Bleeder's Lordly Malfeasance, and that's why he's the "Blessed of the Errant". My guess is that the seven Eidolons are the point of origin of the Malfeasances that afflict and give power to the Lords and their Cults.

- The few survivors are made Lords 'by the island' (island is now sentient? Or there's some other entities representing it like the dryads mentioned). Maybe some other survivors aren't lorded, not sure.

All the cultists (including most notably the Backup) as well as the Eidolons were survivors of the Island, but only seven of those survivors were Lorded. The World King survived (in a sense) as well. As to how or why did these seven people get Lorded, we don't know yet, but there's an entity called "the Dryad" that might be related to that. Incidentally the Sunburners, Fire Joker, the Traitor and Burner are dryads, so it isn't outside the realm of possibility that this particular dryad could be one of those.

- Stuff happens, the lords get their slice of land and subjects etc.

Yup.

- The congregation in particular are cursed with unlife, and in particular replay the final 3 days. A couple of days of relative peace, then a night of getting hunted and killed by the undead. Not sure who the congregation and their tormentors are in this case - altered island citizens?

My guess is that the Congregation would be the Island colonists that couldn't escape and were infected by the Errant's vampiric parasite, which combined with the Island Oil, made them enter a perpetual state of undeath and flesh recombination, but I'm not a 100% sure on this one. This would be the Freedom of Undeath. They were their own tormentors, since they were infected and starving for blood. Everybody else (Backup, Sunburners, Blackwings...) probably got the hell out before that happened or maybe they were on a different part of the Island.

I'm not a 100% convinced by this though, since for all their faults, the congregation haven't been shown to display any sort of vampiric nature apart from being undead (excepting, of course, Bleeder himself), but that's about the best theory I've got right now regarding them until we get more info.

- Now that Bleeder is dead, both he/his suit with his memories imprinted on it and the congregation are instead reliving just the final period of the 3 days.

Yeah, I think the congregation were always doomed to repeat those three days as seen in the Wonderful Suburbs, but Bleeder was somehow able to relieve their pain. Now Bleeder is dead (in the Dark End at least) and we ate his soul, but his flesh still hunts for vengeance, trapped in the same loop as the rest of the congregation.

Grond fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jun 30, 2022

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i think it's nice that bleeder has exhibited so much personal growth. if we can find his keys i'm sure we can become fast friends :)

Radio Free Walrus
May 16, 2015
We might be able to get him apartment keys from the Backup, maybe we'll be able to get him a new car from Hunter's faction. Just start throwing everything that could have a key at him.

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
Yeah, eventually we can find the car keys and hand them over. Then he can start driving just like old times and, uh, crash the car so his buddies can smell him, and, um...

Y'know, on reflection I think it's better if he just keeps checking the house for those keys. :v:

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
With the protagonist's musical background, they should have plenty of experience in finding the right key! :dumbrim:

...heeeeey, I wonder how much of the Congregation could fit on the Hunter's Old Owl, and if that would count as sufficiently transportation-y to break them out of their nightmare of the last three days (or at least make them feel better). Just sneak in, steal the keys to Hunter's ride, toss 'em to What Remains of Bleeder, and let as much of the fleshy crew that can squeeze on just ride off happily into the sunset while Hunter is, uh, out running errands or something.

PepperedMoth fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 30, 2022

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
Oh, general question for the thread. How often has the Tyranny bar come up when we weren't Tyrant? Seems like the sort of thing that could be either a major breakthrough or absolutely catastrophic with no in-between if it started becoming a regular feature.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Isn't Hunter semi-permanently stuck inside the Old Owl? That doesn't necessarily make getting a bunch of screaming undead flesh to carjack her and joyride any less feasible, if we can still control the Owl somehow, but it makes it much, much funnier.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

OneWingedDevil posted:

Oh, general question for the thread. How often has the Tyranny bar come up when we weren't Tyrant? Seems like the sort of thing that could be either a major breakthrough or absolutely catastrophic with no in-between if it started becoming a regular feature.

I think it represents the chance Tyrant manifests at a given time. It first popped up fairly early on, I think, and we got "lucky" with it manifesting at a low percentage so it was easier to control, or something?

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
Don't give Bleeder the keys, because they will take the car straight to Interstate '76, and we've been told unquestionably that Interstate '76 is a bad place to be.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Bleeder found the keys eventually because he died-not-died in a car that had crashed. Oops!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

XkyRauh posted:

Don't give Bleeder the keys, because they will take the car straight to Interstate '76, and we've been told unquestionably that Interstate '76 is a bad place to be.
Do give Bleeder the aux cord though.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
Grond's theory about the Eidolons creating the Malfeasances is fascinating and I really like it.

Some notes from looking through my extensive doc of copy/pasted text:

-One of the Congregation referenced 'cutting the oil'-I have no idea what this is, but it looks to be something Dancer did. Possibly involving some kind of mercy-kill?

that time we went into Dancer's dream posted:

Blue, Blue, why are you screaming? You're just handing her a pair of garden shears, the only sharp tool that was left. You're just following her down the hall, as she claws at the walls. You're just peeking at the crack in the door to the room, where the oil has to be cut.

Hunter was inside that room.
Red raw ruined.
She was begging her to wake up.

-This, which is giving me Extremely Bad Vibes about Bleeder's corpse:

The Blue Book posted:

"...onerunner themselves admitted was too funny to be mad about. The ideal Necromancer run- three Lordcorpses risen as servants, the clearest path to victory, and then completely forgetting about how Moulder can..."

Hostile V posted:

Do give Bleeder the aux cord though.
HELL YES.

Grond
Mar 31, 2016

quote:

Grond's theory about the Eidolons creating the Malfeasances is fascinating and I really like it.

quote:

-One of the Congregation referenced 'cutting the oil'-I have no idea what this is, but it looks to be something Dancer did. Possibly involving some kind of mercy-kill?

Yeah apparently she wasn't alone while she did it either:

Black August posted:

Catatonia doesn't suit you, Bloodshop. Can't you remember how bright with manic insane you were, when you watched Dancer do the chop chop in the room, where the oil had to be cut? You hugged her while she vomited into the sink for the sixth time that longest final night, and you just loved just loved to scurry the carvings away when the pile was high. You had so much fun. You'll never have that kind of pure, living fun, ever again. Bleeder is dead.

Dancer also drops the garden shears, which I'd assume are the same garden shears she used to cut the oil. Whatever cutting the oil actually means. From what we've seen, the necrotic oil seems to coalesce into rotting undead organic matter as seen in the Unliving Theater or with the Shale Giant:

Black August posted:

The holy land! It's reacting to the magic of your delicious spirit animal!! The meat is folding... it's secreting something, bleeding black and fry-gold from a menagerie of sizzling veins. The smell is wonderful. All these flesh mounds animate with the stuff, sloughing to a darkened color that betrays the nature of... uh oh.

ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][30%]

Deep inhale. Frycook sweet. The meat is multiplicative. It's unfolding and every time it does so it's weeping purest black oil that fades to beautiful false gold, and sickened deepfry tumor grows from it, and it unfolds, and... you can't stand witness to it, or it'll never stop growing. You have to cleave past and run.

Black August posted:

Tropic waters.
You've never seen them, have you? They were all gone by the time the world ended. The only beach you ever stood on was coldwashed pale with a thousand iron claws.

Richest oil.
Gag-sweet awful. Profoundly pure. Nothing putrid about it. It's concentrated, heavy with the secret of self-multiplication, the very idea of the substance taken to the second power.

Accusatory meat.
Angry from lifetimes of boiling, rippling at the smallest passing of air, unable to slough off no matter the degree of rot. It cannot begin to express the weight that it drags in pain.

So maybe the thing about cutting the oil was about chopping the self replicating organic matter into pieces and scurrying it away to avoid it building up in that room before it took over the house where Dancer and the rest were hiding... Maybe? But we don't have much info about that... It's kind of a long shot.

On a completely unrelated note, uh, Bloodshop seems to be into some pretty kinky stuff huh

Grond fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jul 1, 2022

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

You manage to stand up after being dragged for a minute, rolling in the hot sands to clean off the worst of the oily water and spare viscera. God help you, it's a little dragon taking you to another disaster of amazing selections. You look back once at the now-empty shallows; can there be rest? The kobold scuttles ahead while you follow and wonder; what is with this beach? You can't see clearly around the bend yet, needing to climb higher over the crumbledunes, but something is up. Not a lick of Sun, but the sands are hot as a 90-degree fullshine. Strange colored grasses wreak out of the grains, glimmering secretive with prism pollens. The kobold is staring down at you from a particularly high dune, so you follow with an awkward climb up. This manages the view you wished, now able to see the Mountain and the eastside Beach. It's uh, it's a phenomena for sure, and you need a moment to figure out what looks so weird. You try to look to the north and northeast beyond the beach, but it's dark. Like, DARK dark, a great shadowy curtain, where light seems to fall off into pure night. The view of it hackles you, as though some giant could lean out of the black to swipe something off the beach and then vanish without notice. Granted, the darkness doesn't happen for a good ways beyond the end of the beach, so you figure staying on the sands is the way to go. But that's just the first shock; the beach itself is unnatural as well. It's BRIGHT, as though Sun where directly shining upon it, giving it a brilliant whitegold gleam contrast against the stormy pitch and sullen skies. The shine goes further, air distorted all up and down the sands in a way that adds a rainbow shimmer over it, like staring through refractive plastics. Tropic life irregularly dots the landscape, trees and grasses clustering with no love for the natural paths of growth. The kobold keeps on the move, its green scales sending emerald scatter over the sands.

OST: Kobold-Kornered Beachfront Market!

Its movement leads your eyes to catch view of the market in the distance; it's set in a perfect nexus atop a little lagoon adjacent to the beach, swamp, and dark north. A mass of colors move among the buildings, kobolds of a dozen shades moving over rafts, atop amalgam aquariums, tying reeds and vines to scrap wood and metal, unrolling tarps around in great shiny carpets, shifting containers of a dozen score styles under reeking overgrowth of droopy trees who bend down enough to wet the ground, past flowers by the score hanging from every deck and beam and lane. Chalk boards and glitter paint with neon signs and paper pixie lights show off All New Kobold Low Prices. The usual dread of a Goblin Market is gone, suffused now by the strange quiet of kobold. You reach the entrance and end up next to a booth advertising 'FRESH SOCK', where for $5 per customer, a red kobold in a dark tunnel booth will use the ovens next to it to warm up some clean socks for you to change out for. Well... no small cash on hand, so you have to skip it for now. Maybe there's market credit?

The green kobold speaks up as it presents the market riot. "When sky went up, former Fae owner evacuate due to market collapse. This left only kobold slave to inhabit register, so kobold asked swamp, forest, plain associates to join for new business collective takeover. Desire to undercut Marshalls, outearn Carters, and be better Seaeeoh than Dark. Kobold plan is raise many Seaeeoh to increase bargain power and profit collective. But first, starting up-and-at-them to learn economy secrets and improve defense from hostility takeovers, which is where customer and deal is necessary. Please enjoy 'losing leader' benefit with complement of free hotel stay and lunch, with hope you will want deal. When 'leader loses' all other benefit in longterm, which make leaders stronger, able to afford more losers to benefit customer interaction in feeding back loop. So pleased to meet; kindness first currency given, to oil tubes for material currency to follow. Come see aquatic living solutions at central, then see tent and structure filling with product. As last deal, kobold reminds there is no offer of warrant; warrant default for all product, and when product misbehave, warrant is placed for its capture and repair."

You- ok? That was a lot to take in, but you think you got it. A card is crammed into your hand, some credit chit scratched up and drawn over with 'LOSER LEADER PASS' so you can cash in on a stay. Which you might; you're stressed as hell from the shallows, and hiding out here for the night feels like a safe bet. The green kobold takes you to the center of the market, past the new constructions built atop the old, a wonderland of hidden wood passages and lovely glass inserts that allow the little dragons to scrabble, swim, and slide all around the market with amazing speed, such that every stall passed has a sudden occupation of a wet-blinking kobold ready to deal. The market center is a chaos of raised platforms around a pool, a threeway nexus flow fed from all sides. However, that view is lost and you ignore all else when you see the centerpiece of the Kobold Market, taking up over half of the other end. You grip the rail to stare, and the little green dragon stands taller with motions of pride. It's aquariums- what must surely be close to a thousand more, ranging in size from little cubes to mighty pillars, chaos-stacked serene and integrated all throughout the built and the natural of the sandy waterways. They're pure in their riot, adorned with another thousand more variety of trinkets, lights, decorations, special sands, unique baubles, filter contraps, magic monitors, psychic resonators, connective tubing. waterfall gates; all just to serve the pure divine motion of so much FISH. You can't stop staring! You fight to piece out just one shape or color among the motion, but the variety shellshocks you still with the watery immense.

[+Joy]

You finally settle on one thing. A little jellyfish. Undulating, immortal, endlessly...

ANXIETY: [10%]

Huh? Oh. You didn't realize you had sat down for so long until you feel a tug on your sleeve. Oh, cool! The seated angle lets you see there's this kobold restaurant stall-store that's set beneath and before the aquariums. Ok, food that isn't a burger or raw cattails would be cool. You ask the little dragon to help direct you, and it leads you through hidden ladders to step down into the sandswamp shore of the threeway pool. You walk its edge while still trying to behold the all of the aquarium, cast under its blue rainbows. Kobolds of aquatic scale move through the flows, meticulously managing the filtration and direction of the waters Mountain, Bloody, and Paradisaical. You can't see the bottom of the pool, only the shadow of black... you look away to step into the narrow little woodways of the restaurant, stooping even at your height to get in the right way to where the roof opens up to a swirl of stretched fabrics and broken trinkets glittering in the immense light of the aquarium minilith. You seat up at the weirdshape counter on a backed stool, relaxing with sword down underfoot and coat on back to lean on the wonderful scented wood. Behind the counter is a full open kitchen that goes underneath the ground, cobbled together from the liberation of the market supplies left abandoned. There's a poolway carved out to help bring fresh fish in, a dozen tables and stools and boardwalks crammed together to help prep and cook, buckets of tools, shelves of reference books and thought tablets, cooling units of over seventeen designs, a fire pit, a blast pit, a hot press the size of a body, and too many kitchen gadgets to count. You wonder what in the world this could all be serving, until it becomes obvious that this is a central shipping and prep/cook hub to move product all through the market to. Not that there's anywhere to move it to right now, but the kobolds are tireless setting everything up and getting all of the foods found preserved and stored right. You're here at a pretty fortuitous time. A lean yellow kobold dragons up to the counter to behold you, grasping countless menus while staring at the card you still clutch. It spreads the menus and speaks, adjusting its embroidered covers.

"This is hosting, which is hello. Then, this is seating, and then is waiting, because time and consumption are the same. Better spices. Please seek menus, and then decide what is to be destroyed. After, the waiting will be the preparation, and also bartends. Cocktail is complementary. Please choose first yo-"

The little dragon pauses while it carefully looks at you. It looks down at the drink menu it handed you, and you look down at it in confusion. ...wha? The lead cocktail special is for mint and chilled bleach! With fabric softener chaser!! The kobold carefully clawpicks that menu up and drops it on the floor, and then digs into the pile to find a crayon-drawn one that has 'NOT KOBOLD SAFETY' written at the top. It has drink options that seem more congestible. You cough while the kobold goes on without a beat missed. "Drink, and then there is meal. Associates and partners have informed: you are Repeating Customer. This entitles benefit. Please see specialty menus for discreet 'Do You Have It In The Back' purchases, while having select of 'Voted Ideal Purchaser' gifts."

You lean in. One more time? But you're handed menus. One for something to eat. One for something to drink. One for what seems to be their hottest moving stock right now, recognition for being an honest customer once before. All this, and a place to stay for the night. This is great! You know somewhere in the silver you're snapping back much too fast, but after the awful of nearly drowning in bloodpuke-tainted waters, you just want to feel like a superstar among the admirable efforts of this kobold collection. It's a bunch of little dragons concentrated in one fun place! Sounds positive and exciting.

So, what's for lunch?
But, first should be what to drink.
While that's coming up, a first look at what they're offering on rare stock.

No need to buy anything just yet. It's great to know you get to pick at some hard Dreamland contraband and goods before anyone else does, while helping out those you consider deserving. Someplace down in the Dark agrees; yeah. Contraband from the enemy going to those who need it and paying those who work and deserve it...

Holy.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Raw...cattails? Those are literally inedible, in a way where they literally explode into disgusting seeds if you place em in your mouth and have no nutritional value besides.

As for the offerings here's my opinions:

Ogre-slaying knife - useless. We want to be friendly to ogres and that means contests of strength not shanking them in the guts.
Rethreader - we have a suit surplus, so yes, yes, want that.
Celestrix - haha, no.
Uplink - Maybe if we have spare change.
Swapback - i am guessing the thread will want this, but i do consider the benefit a little too marginal.
Nightbrant - useless. I mean, it's good, but we want to load up on unique stuff if possible.
Apples - oh no. We really need to go unfuck that situation. As a buy, arguably a better option than whiskey.
Fireworks - similar to uplink but even lower priority. No obvious use, but seems cool.
Lemons - useless as-is, probably the worst buy unless we can come up with a use.

So as-is, i'd like to buy a rethreader an uplink and a swapback, in that order of priority.

Regallion fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jul 5, 2022

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

mhm. Swapback the celestrix, rethread one of the Celestrix-suit traits onto our own, without the doomed? Assuming we can afford all three, anyways.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Arcanuse posted:

mhm. Swapback the celestrix, rethread one of the Celestrix-suit traits onto our own, without the doomed? Assuming we can afford all three, anyways.

I don't think you get to choose the type of swapback, it's more of "Get a different item of the same general type" dealie as i understand it. Making the plate a hammer, for example would accomplish exactly nothing and waste 2 purchases.

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
You actually can eat some parts of cattails, such as the roots! (I've never tried them myself, though.)

Re: the items--

The Rethreader (why did I read that as "Reth Reader" the first few times?) looks like it might be fun. I think we only have two suits at the moment (the Old Suit and the Kadath Regalia), but we still have a Suitifier charge ready to use whenever.

The Swapback Patch also looks like it could be fun to use in the right situation.

My First Uplink sounds like it might do something neat, but the only faction that comes to mind with high technological prowess that we're currently in good standing with is the Plutos (MC&D probably has space tech, but I feel like they probably won't be super-helpful at the moment), and I'd worry that returning there and talking to Alyssa might trigger the flag that makes the faction go hostile. Though maybe the trader fellow the protagonist met ages ago might know something about technology?

Also, I bet those Sable Lemons would make some fabulously gothic lemonade. :cheeky: (I'm not suggesting actually buying them, unless they're super-cheap, but still.)

Hey, since the Apples and Apples and Apples etc. are listed collectively as one item on the shop list, what if they could be shoved into the Suitifier as a single unit...? (I know the answer is almost certainly "that's impossible, because only one apple at a time will be added to the inventory, at which point they will all be separate items" but it's still a funny enough mental image that I wanted to mention it. Truly, it would be a worthy suit for the Herald of the Applecalypse.)

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Regallion posted:

I don't think you get to choose the type of swapback, it's more of "Get a different item of the same general type" dealie as i understand it. Making the plate a hammer, for example would accomplish exactly nothing and waste 2 purchases.
Mhm. True, it doesn't say we get to pick. But it does specify suit as a potential outcome for relics. A gamble, but the possibility of getting that HP regen on the old suit makes me think its worth the risk.
E: It also says it strongly depends on which item is being swapped, and

quote:

‘Massive armored girdle and stomach plate made of blessed gold, pure steel, diamond dust, and magic pearl. Damned holy seal of Heavenly Kings.’
suggests to me suit is a likely outcome.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jul 5, 2022

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I'm partial towards the Swapback Patch and the Nightbrandt, maybe the Rethreader?

I'm also just curious how the lemons are cursed....?

I'm not sure how a satellite would help us at all, though. We wouldn't have any way of communicating with it once it's in orbit.

What if we suitified the Celestrix (since it's a relic item) then Rethreaded it so we get the "see through concealment abilities" bonus?

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
Suits suits suits suits suits! Rethreader!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Celestrix is giving off really big trap-option vibes to me, and I'm not sure screwing around with Suitifying it would necessarily help. Rethreader looks great, though!

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Regallion posted:

Raw...cattails? Those are literally inedible, in a way where they literally explode into disgusting seeds if you place em in your mouth and have no nutritional value besides.

Cattail shoots are edible when they’re green. They’re tasty.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I definitely love the rethreader, but I think we’re really sleeping on the fireworks here. They come in the form of a cannon. We don’t have to point that cannon at the sky. We can also point it at, for example, Moulder. Alternatively, they’d probably make one heck of a suit.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

Celestrix is giving off really big trap-option vibes to me, and I'm not sure screwing around with Suitifying it would necessarily help. Rethreader looks great, though!

It's a trap option, but the stick to pop the trap painlessly is also in the list. Also, I'm not sure the swapback is really needed considering we already have the suitifier. Why risk gambling on making something into a suit when we already have the means to do so? I agree on the Rethreader is easily the best option on the list, followed by firework cannon and Celestrix.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Suitifier ought to work, it just happens to be back at our hideout.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Randalor posted:

It's a trap option, but the stick to pop the trap painlessly is also in the list. Also, I'm not sure the swapback is really needed considering we already have the suitifier. Why risk gambling on making something into a suit when we already have the means to do so? I agree on the Rethreader is easily the best option on the list, followed by firework cannon and Celestrix.

Very narrow thinking. It's not for turning things into a suit - that's what we have suitifier for. No, it's for turning off-brand items into potentially on-brand items, such as, say converting a really good axe which we have no mastery in, into a good sword we do have mastery for. Or any other number of potentially useful conversions of good unusables.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I mean, it's not like we need to slap one of Celestrix's abilities onto ol' black suity RIGHT NOW. I'm assuming we're going to make sure Kwaite is well-stocked for food again before we head out again.

Edit:

Regallion posted:

Very narrow thinking. It's not for turning things into a suit - that's what we have suitifier for. No, it's for turning off-brand items into potentially on-brand items, such as, say converting a really good axe which we have no mastery in, into a good sword we do have mastery for. Or any other number of potentially useful conversions of good unusables.

Yeah, but other people in the thread seemed like they were talking about using the swapback to make something into a suit, which... seems redundant. Though yeah, using it to make something into a sword or gun is a good plan, but it's a distant fourth pick on my lost just because we don't know if it's random or not.

Randalor fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jul 5, 2022

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rethreader for sure, then swapback.

Uplink seems like it would be useful for dealing with Hunter, but only if we can figure out how to use it in the first place

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Maybe Uplink is the key to getting friendly with Hunter.

"Hey Gran-gran, can you help me with this project?"

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008
Celestrix is def a trap, but sometimes traps can be ~fun~. Any info in the Blue Book about Damned as a status effect?

Fireworks also seems like a really good "oh poo poo we're boned" button

Hard-agree about rethreader being top choice, though

All told my priority que would be

Rethreader > Celestrix > Fireworks > Apples > Booze > Lemons

based on how much $$$ we have

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
I love kobolds so much.

Regallion posted:

Tyrant Child IRL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss8wRUZAeKQ

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Two things:

My First Uplink looks fantastic. Remember that sentient satellite up in the sky that has a laser cannon capable of orbital strike? We could be buddies with them!

The lemons are, I think, anti-bleeder/congregation tech. Hear me out here: one, when you put lemon juice on an open wound, it stings because its acidity is killing nerve cells. Two, lemon juice is rich in pectin, which has a coagulant property; that is, it stops bleeding. It’s used in recipes to thicken jams, but it also thickens blood (which ppl use to stop nosebleeds and bleeding cuts).
Bleeder/congregation is basically a giant mass of muscle and nerves and bone, already hypersensitive to pain, and in a constant process of breaking apart and rehealing. So, it should be too hard to stick some lemons in an open wound and let it heal with the lemons inside. When the lemons burst, the lemon juice gets into its bloodstream, which goes everywhere else in its body. A normal lemon would get quickly broken down, but these are cursed lemons. They stick with you. Imagine having magical acid (pH between 2-3) flowing through your blood that never breaks down, is destroying your nerve cells, and slowly turning your blood to jelly. Your body tries to expel it by any means, but it’s a curse, and any fresh blood you bring in is jellied too. And your limbs stop moving as your nerves burn out.

You can’t kill bleeder, but you can nerf him to harmlessness by throwing cursed pectin bombs into him to counteract his regeneration.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:hmmyes:

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
It’s a pretty minor combo, but if we can afford two items, we can buy the Rethreader and the Nightbrandt, suitify the Nightbrandt once we’re back at base, then rethread the Nightbrandt-suit into the parade suite for permanent buff to sword if? We could try something similar with the fireworks too, if we don’t want to save them and use them the normal way.

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
Do we get to choose the property the rethreader gives us, or even see it before it goes into the other suit? Because if not, trying to suitify+rethread the Celestrix onto our old suit sounds like a great way to give ourselves a horrible curse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

It reads like you get to chose what gets carried over. Or more specifically, it reads like you chose a target ability, and the suit that it's attached to gets destroyed in the process. Could be a good way to use the oilstained shield and bypass the curse.