Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Zipperelli. posted:

For sure we're getting an expansion to Lighthouse, and possibly a new quest line to unlock the new trader.

If Streets drops, it's not expected.

Heh, I've mostly skipped this patch so I don't even have lighthouse explored properly. Maybe everyone will go for the extention so I will be able to roam around other parts in peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

ChesterJT posted:

Oh wait, is it actually awesome and we are the ones who are wrong?
I mean the way that sound just gets cut off in some areas like stairways depending on where you are is bad for sure

one of the worst things about the game alongside right peeks vs left peeks

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Kikas posted:

Heh, I've mostly skipped this patch so I don't even have lighthouse explored properly. Maybe everyone will go for the extention so I will be able to roam around other parts in peace.

Can't imagine rogue-farming is gonna go away. In the Olden Times, the end of the map where the extension is gonna go was fairly quiet and peaceful, but that's gonna be over.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

IronicDongz posted:

I mean the way that sound just gets cut off in some areas like stairways depending on where you are is bad for sure

one of the worst things about the game alongside right peeks vs left peeks

This is a real thing for right-handed shooters, though. Being able to change hands/shouldering around cover is an important skill to avoid exactly this.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Soldier of Fortune on Quake goddamn 2 implemented left peeks correctly yet Tarkov still hasn't :orks:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Not sure if it will affect the peeks at all, but the sidestep animations are getting overhauled to actually have the character lean out more realistically rather than just sliding left or right.

There will be a lot of new animations coming with the new patch. BSG showed off most of the new ones at the end of their more recent dev livestream.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It's not often I manage to kill Schturman, Sanitar and Killa in a single day, then get head-eyes'd by a Toz scav because Team Wendy is still gated behind quests during the End Times.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
So you can bring injectors out, but if you put them in your stash, you can't put them back??

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

AlternateAccount posted:

So you can bring injectors out, but if you put them in your stash, you can't put them back??
Yes, can't bring any XTG into raid during the event.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Shameless double-post for patch notes

https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/165942-patch-notes-for-0121230/

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tarkov Patch Notes posted:

Added offline cooperative game mode. This game mode is only available to players who purchased the Edge of Darkness pre-order edition.

Added the “Co-op mode” checkbox on the game mode selection screen. In co-op mode, all settings for bots, bosses, time and weather are identical to online raids. Progress in co-op raids is not saved, and the gear taken into such raids won’t be lost upon death;

The “Start as group” checkbox allows for all players in the group to spawn together in the center of the location. With the checkbox unticked, all players will spawn like in the online mode.

The number of players in a group for the co-op mode has been increased and depends on the maximum number of players in the selected location.

The number of co-op servers may be limited under heavy loads. In this case, on the group gathering screen, you will see a message saying “Attention! High load on practice mode servers”. This message means that finding a server for a co-op raid may take longer than usual.

Absolutely buck wild that they're doing even this much.

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Looking forward to dueling my friends on factory

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

quote:

- Added inertia when quickly tapping the A/D keys;

:pcgaming::ocelot:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Dang I thought the new bosses would just be on lighthouse. Seems pretty cool that they will cycle randomly through 4 maps.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Can't believe they caved into the whiny PVE pissbabies and put in an offline co-op mode. RIP invasions.

Wait this isn't the Elden Ring thread?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I really cant believe they are wasting time and server usage for “offline” co-op. It’s cool they listen to the player base but this is a little much lol

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

hello internet posted:

I really cant believe they are wasting time and server usage for “offline” co-op. It’s cool they listen to the player base but this is a little much lol

Same could be said for the arena stuff if you hate pvp

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Same could be said for the arena stuff if you hate pvp
If you hate PvP why are you here...?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Shumagorath posted:

If you hate PvP why are you here...?

Did I say I hated it? Just pointing out that dedicating resources and servers to PVE immediately after announcing the same thing for PVP isn't really a 'waste' it's just appealing to both types of players.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Generic "you"; sorry. But Tarkov is kind of a mediocre PvE game vs its contemporaries and this mode doesn't even save poo poo. At best it's valuable for practising the really annoying quests.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jun 29, 2022

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Did I say I hated it? Just pointing out that dedicating resources and servers to PVE immediately after announcing the same thing for PVP isn't really a 'waste' it's just appealing to both types of players.

Offline isn’t even real PvE, everything you do is isolated to that instance

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
In before the solo Tarkov bootleg goons flood in here to hijack the thread about how it's the superior Tarkov experience.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The xTG event this past week was more fun than bootleg solo could ever hope to be.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

The xTG event this past week was more fun than bootleg solo could ever hope to be.

It was literally the worst event Tarkov has ever done and it's not even close. Someone told me about this post and I manually scrolled through to find this thread just to tell you that you're wrong.

but i'm glad someone enjoyed it

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
If you can think of a better way to end a season than making everyone do the final fight from Logan I'd like to hear it.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Yeah the xtg thing rocks. I wonder if they're testing accelerated rounds for Arena or if they're prepping for some radiation wizardry in labs or streets.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Dr. Clockwork posted:

In before the solo Tarkov bootleg goons flood in here to hijack the thread about how it's the superior Tarkov experience.

:xickos:

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Is group queueing busted?

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Dr. Clockwork posted:

… Does this happen a lot or sonething? The only bootleg tarkov I know of is that f2p The Cycle which kinda sucks and is multi only

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Quicksilver6 posted:

… Does this happen a lot or sonething? The only bootleg tarkov I know of is that f2p The Cycle which kinda sucks and is multi only

Another World is Possible Brother.
https://www.sp-tarkov.com/

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

What is the point of baby mode for teams? Testing weapon damage and bugs?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

VulgarandStupid posted:

What is the point of baby mode for teams? Testing weapon damage and bugs?

it's for streamers to do exclusive events with their little pay piggies

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Given there an option to all spawn separately in co-op, it's almost like having custom lobbies, so if you wanna just have some pvp with a bunch of mates, battle royale style, you can do that.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

BrotherJayne posted:

Is group queueing busted?

Yes, it works for some people but it's broken for a lot of others

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Fart Car '97 posted:

Yes, it works for some people but it's broken for a lot of others

Fix for now is the host needs auto servers selected

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Does the single-player Tarkov also include questlines? If so, how does it go about counting for PMC kills, or does it just drop PMC quests?

Or is there even quests to do, or is the SP-Tarkov just basically PvE only?

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Zipperelli. posted:

Does the single-player Tarkov also include questlines? If so, how does it go about counting for PMC kills, or does it just drop PMC quests?

Or is there even quests to do, or is the SP-Tarkov just basically PvE only?

Some of the bots that spawn will be PMCs. Unfortunately, one of the limitations is that enemies will only spawn in the usual bot spawns. So half of woods is very safe, for example. They also don't wander the map so you'll generally know where you're going to be encountering people.

There are all the quests in the game. Hell, there is a mod that adds like 8000 quests.

I use a server modifier to change things up for certain quests. For example; changing PMC spawn rate to be 100% of the bots, or making every bot on any map a raider. Or adding all the bosses to Factory, so that as soon as you kill one another will spawn. You can get real weird with it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I have been getting rocked this wipe. Died 2 times in a row from scavs head shotting me before I could react to them.

Edit: It's been probably close to a year since I've played last and the past 2 hours are a nice reminder why I took a break from this game. I really do not like PvP games anymore :smith:. My reaction time and ability to visible see enemies has diminished greatly over the years it seems.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 30, 2022

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
They also completely changed the movement system since you last played. If reaction time and visual acuity are an issue, you might be better off setting ambushes after you re-learn some of the choke points.

The other option is to get a buddy and quest your traders up until every loss is down to a value in roubles rather than "irreplaceable" found gear.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

drat, I can't seem to get a scav queue to pop.