Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
fwiw, these are all the generic polls since the dobbs decision came out

thread title still stands tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

just cackling at how quick the dems have been getting out there to quash even a HINT of doing something like the machine is fully ENGAGED and your expectations gotta be LOWERED

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

ex post facho posted:

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/st...ingawful.com%2F

lmao

I think comparisons to Hoover may be too kind

I wonder if this is gonna go viral. It reminds me of the sort of poo poo psaki used to say and then people would be so pissed they'd have to do some kind of token effort like sending everyone 2 covid tests.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Apraxin posted:

in order to retain control of the house with the amount of gerrymandering that exists the Dems probably need like +20, so yeah, they’re gonna get destroyed.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

30.5 Days posted:

I wonder if this is gonna go viral. It reminds me of the sort of poo poo psaki used to say and then people would be so pissed they'd have to do some kind of token effort like sending everyone 2 covid tests.

2 free coat hangers for every household with at least one resident who has operated a small business in a disadvantaged zip code for at least 36 months prior to the current fiscal year

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
the coat hangers are plastic

whiskey patrol
Feb 26, 2003
I'm still surprised at how quickly the dems gave up on voting reform. They won't even fight to save themselves. There is even less of a plan on the gerrymandering stuff than there is on abortion or climate change. The party that keeps winning the popular vote and losing the presidency doesn't even seem capable of saying that it's a bad thing and the system needs to change.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

whiskey patrol posted:

I'm still surprised at how quickly the dems gave up on voting reform. They won't even fight to save themselves. There is even less of a plan on the gerrymandering stuff than there is on abortion or climate change. The party that keeps winning the popular vote and losing the presidency doesn't even seem capable of saying that it's a bad thing and the system needs to change.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Friday encouraged people angry with the failure of federal voting rights legislation to "go to a kickboxing class, have a margarita, do whatever you need to do this weekend" before resuming the fight next week.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I too would like to see democrats v kickboxers

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Urgent! Democrats need your help!

Republicans have hidden Stacey Abrams keys, locking her out of her house and forcing her to poo poo in the bushes. For 20 dollars,

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

For 20 dollars you can become a "clean drawers" level donor, and help Stacey Abrams turn off the stove that the Republicans left on!

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

Biden is "telling people the truth and putting the focus where it needs to be, holding Republicans' feet to the fire for the harm they're causing," a White House official said when asked about the strategy.

GOP: why is biden slowly rubbing icy hot on our feet

whiskey patrol
Feb 26, 2003

WampaLord posted:

White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Friday encouraged people angry with the failure of federal voting rights legislation to "go to a kickboxing class, have a margarita, do whatever you need to do this weekend" before resuming the fight next week.

Oh gently caress I'd forgotten about that lmao

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
pretty bold of her to tell Americans to assassinate justices with drunken kickboxing

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/brianefallon/st...ingawful.com%2F

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!

30.5 Days posted:

I was thinking about this today, it is very slogan worthy and easy for the dumbest of chuds to remember and it highlights how incompent and pathetic this all is

It has 'lets go brandon' potential imho, should rightwing media pick it up

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

lol why would democrats think that roe being overturned would help them when they are actively ensuring that nothing is done to help

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

30.5 Days posted:

send everyone two abortions

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
lol democrats

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

uhhhh if you like your fetus you can keep it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/joesonka/status/1542261342220029958?s=20&t=SphDGUmNQepgLVxieProSA

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
could they codify Roe at this point even if they wanted to? I thought the decision made it solely a state issue

also lol that Dems had no answers to any of Trump’s appointments but Mitch is getting a personal choice through without a majority anyway

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

whiskey patrol posted:

Feel the same. Totally understand that the Democratic party doesn't actually want change or to reform the status quo. But failing to pass voting reform is making it way way too obvious. In the near future they could very well end up a rump party permanently unable to gain power ever again, and have to imagine that will interfere with the political fundraising grift.

Arguably they already are irrelevant if they're seriously maintaining they need 60 Senators to ever pass any legislation the Republicans don't like.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

oh wow i wonder what mitch is going to give up in return

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/annmarie_hope/status/1542230828842885120

this poor lady

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

URGENT: Donald Trump asked Nancy Pelosi if she would like "Bofa"

When she asked "What is Bofa?", he responded "BOFA DEEZ NUTZ!" and laughed.

Will you pledge $7 to respond to this outrageous, sexist attack on women everywhere?

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

indigi posted:

could they codify Roe at this point even if they wanted to? I thought the decision made it solely a state issue

the decision only takes away the restrictions on states banning it.

the feds can basically override any state law by pretending they are regulating commerce or something.

that's not to say the succ court doesn't invent something else out of whole cloth again but that's not where it stands right now.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

evilpicard posted:

the feds can basically override any state law by pretending they are regulating commerce or something.

that's not to say the succ court doesn't invent something else out of whole cloth again but that's not where it stands right now.

“we need to maintain the flow of embryonic stem cells into the markets”

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

THS2 posted:

2028 oprah vs. dr oz

Oprah is responsible for Dr Oz being a thing at all

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Lord of Pie posted:

Oprah is responsible for Dr Oz being a thing at all

I believe that is the joke but maybe wrong

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Apraxin posted:

This is why the Democrats don't feel like they have to even pretend to do anything and we'll watch these numbers crater as the weeks go by and the only thing to come out of the white house is more Kamala word salad

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

They'll get destroyed eventually, all this does is given them another 2 or 4 years to build up the collapse even more

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Nocturtle posted:

Feel the same. Totally understand that the Democratic party doesn't actually want change or to reform the status quo. But failing to pass voting reform is making it way way too obvious. In the near future they could very well end up a rump party permanently unable to gain power ever again, and have to imagine that will interfere with the political fundraising grift.

Arguably they already are irrelevant if they're seriously maintaining they need 60 Senators to ever pass any legislation the Republicans don't like.

Voting reform would hurt the ability of incumbents in blue states to do graft and patronage

Becoming a rump permanent opposition at the national level won't actually damage the ability to do the fundraising grift, I think. If anything it may make it more lucrative, because it will become even more purely an outlet for the bourgeoisie to buy virtue through donating to the good guys. It becomes completely detached from governing or political power and becomes a pure consumer good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

evilpicard posted:

yeah its extremely dangerous post dobbs to at minimum not have a law passed rn guaranteeing free commerce between abortion and non abortion states. traveling for a medical service is interstate commerce, allowing states to get crazy here is gonna lead down a bad road

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah its extremely dangerous post dobbs to at minimum not have a law passed rn guaranteeing free commerce between abortion and non abortion states. traveling for a medical service is interstate commerce, allowing states to get crazy here is gonna lead down a bad road

yeah it is legit dangerous for women to travel to a whole bunch of states now

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Real hurthling! posted:

counterpoint: we should be doing everything we can to encourage the breakup of this demon cracker nation and letting the states go ham is the best way to do that.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Nocturtle posted:

Voting is harder in NY than it is in GA. Hell, let's take a trip down memory lane:

- Some democrats joined republicans in appealing a ruling that had found that Florida was too gerrymandered in favor of republicans, because a safe seat in the minority is better than a competitive one where you might get a majority.
- DNC folks told Bernie delegates that if they even proposed resolutions asking for longer hours and more early voting they would completely reverse the changes from 2016.
- Over 20% of all mailed absentee ballots in NYC were rejected.
- CA primary campus polling stations were understaffed, leading to very long lines, but when the Bernie campaign asked for a 2 hour extension on voting they had to go to court because dems rejected the request.

And on and on and on..

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

joepinetree posted:

Voting is harder in NY than it is in GA. Hell, let's take a trip down memory lane:

- Some democrats joined republicans in appealing a ruling that had found that Florida was too gerrymandered in favor of republicans, because a safe seat in the minority is better than a competitive one where you might get a majority.
- DNC folks told Bernie delegates that if they even proposed resolutions asking for longer hours and more early voting they would completely reverse the changes from 2016.
- Over 20% of all mailed absentee ballots in NYC were rejected.
- CA primary campus polling stations were understaffed, leading to very long lines, but when the Bernie campaign asked for a 2 hour extension on voting they had to go to court because dems rejected the request.

And on and on and on..

don't forget they lobbied in multiple states to force the polls open in the middle of a pandemic causing an untold amount of deaths because olds vote in person

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

https://twitter.com/KyungLahCNN/status/1541586802313756676

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Good points. Guess it's not so surprising the Democrats didn't get voting reform through, despite it being maybe the only way they could avoid being destroyed.

Feel like fundraising must become less lucrative when there's no real prospect of ever governing though. People donate to the green party, but it's relatively small change.