Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Double-post for YAVP.

Normal No750, with Monk/Berserker/Ninja/Dragoon. Nothing too exciting here, just a lot of raw physical power and a few stupid tricks to get past tough bosses. Final team was Monk/Throw, Berserker/Dualwield with the Rune Axe and Thor Hammer, Ninja with Barehanded with the Twin Lance and Chicken Knife, and Dragoon with Dualwield with the Holy Lance and Assassin's Dagger because I didn't feel like trying to steal a Dragon Aevis. Finished at Level 42, the minimum that everyone could survive an Almagest, as my first attempt at Level 35 went... poorly.

Definitely tired of using Berserkers, so if I get any more I'm probably Fair-ing them.

Mustached Demon posted:

We need a name toxx so here goes y'all:

:toxx:
$2 for each Butz named Sanger (founder of PP) on up to $100. Names also acceptable: services PP provides so mamo, pap, BC, choice, etc.

🏳️‍⚧️

I was planning on doing a couple other toxxes this time but no good options for a lot of tough fights just made it miserable. Next run, I'm hoping for some more powerful jobs so I can get up to some stupid poo poo.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jun 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Mustached Demon posted:

$2 for each Butz named Sanger (founder of PP) on up to $100. Names also acceptable: services PP provides so mamo, pap, BC, choice, etc.

Finally finished this run: https://twitter.com/Smelltastic2/status/1541650581319815169

Edit: I just realized you just said for the name, not for actually finishing the run, maybe this wasn't required?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Oh, I guess Old immunity means Time Slip doesn't work for putting Atomos to sleep. I feel like I've probably learned this before and just didn't commit it to memory because I've never been in a situation where it affected me.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Reiterpallasch posted:

:toxx: I will match any Job Fair donations made to trade in a stronger class (higher Job Fair value) for a weaker one*, up to $300.

*not you, Beastmaster. seriously why is that $1

I changed my chemist ($5) for a ninja ($4)

https://twitter.com/SereneDragon3/status/1541866809791549441?s=20&t=f0WLMS-olgsR_Vw1IfrDTQ

I literally got chemist on my last two runs and I wanted something different. Especially since for pure chaos Gilgabot rolled me chemist/white/dancer/time, I had chemist white on my second run and chemist/time on my third! Very tired of grinding turtle shells.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

Reiterpallasch posted:

Actually, y'know what, one more. Planned Parenthood is a good cause, anyway.

:toxx: $100 to the first player to finish off NED with Bearaga.

DalaranJ posted:

Oh, heck, I better toxx now.

:toxx: Show me the money
$10 for every run that spends no money on the entire run, including at inns or !cointoss
Cap $50

This run I did on Can of Worm's balance patch. The job that made the second toxx all possible was Blue Mage. Beastmaster's Blitz Whip helped a lot as well, and the final dungeon was made easier with Dancer having a 75% chance to Sword Dance. If I get Beastmaster again this year, I'll reroll or Job Fair.

https://twitter.com/CourtlyHades296/status/1541913905181728771

CourtlyHades296 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 28, 2022

TheWonderTrickster
Aug 16, 2013
Hoo boy am I here to slowly do at least one fiesta for the year because I sorta have things to do instead of fiestaing.
So here's my progress report by piecemeal:
Team Blue Mage/Beastmaster/ Ranger/ Samurai

(I actually job faired Beastmaster to replace Dragoon for explanations you will see)
A fine team. So I have to try and do every toxx possible, right?

(We are going to Bear a lot of things, so I cannot quote the bear toxxes until I actually do them)

I'm playing under the assumption I will be doing these toxxes in spite of them conflicting with one another:

Jose Valasquez posted:

Once again I'll be doing a 0 power chicken knife toxx. $10 up to a Max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

I also made a late toxx last year that didn't get much traction, but maybe it'll get more this year if it starts from the beginning:
$0.20 for every combined party level under 100 when killing NED, so if your party levels are 25/25/25/24 I'll donate $0.20. If your levels are 1/1/1/1 I'll donate $19.20

In addition, for Omega and Shinryu kills I'll donate an extra $0.10 per level under 100 for each fight. Max of $250

nrook posted:

Life's Too Short

I will donate $5 for every run that doesn't use Reflect Rings randomly dropped by or stolen from enemies. It's okay to use the guaranteed drop from Leviathan and the ring found in Istory Falls. I'll donate an additional $5 if you do this and beat Exdeath in World 2 at or under level 25, on all characters.

DalaranJ posted:

Oh, heck, I better toxx now.

:toxx: Summoner or No Summoner
$4 for every run that has summoner and has only required summons on their spell list (Usually Ifrit and Titan, although it's possible Titan is a crystal in some versions?)
$4 for every run that does not have Summoner and has all summons on their spell list
Cap $100, fifth job and void need not apply

:toxx: Show me the money
$10 for every run that spends no money on the entire run, including at inns or !cointoss
Cap $50

(Galuf is also level 16)
So far... so good on my level to rare item drop farming I suppose. 23 elixirs or so after doing all of World 1 and I didn't farm for Fire Rods! I may have also lost the Karnak 500 once because of that.

Now you may ask why my levels are still high even though I'm absolutely quicksave manipulating and using emulator things for this?

CourtlyHades296 posted:

My actual first :toxx: is for getting a 100% complete Bestiary (up to 10 runs and $40, 1 run per unique player).

Serene Dragon posted:

I'm on my second run and rolled a blue mage so I'm gonna do a blue magic toxx

:toxx: All Blue, All The Time

I will donate $5 per run that gets every blue magic spell, up to $50. Screenshots of the fully filled in list in the magic menu will do. Obtain the full power of !Blue!

Speaking of, I suppose my plan should be to only kill what is considered missable monster wise, and thanks to the gamefaqs message boards tl;dr-ing what is already established in a guide I can show what I killed:

quote:

Torna Canal:
191. Sucker............Monster.
192. Octokraken........Monster.

quote:

Ship Graveyard:
012. Skeleton..........Monster.
013. Calcruthl.........Monster.
014. Undead Husk.......Monster.
015. Mindflusher.......Monster.

quote:

026. Ice Soldier.......Monster.
027. Ricard Mage.......Monster.
028. Wyvern............Monster.
029. Pas de Seul.......Monster.

quote:

041. Sergeant..........Monster.
042. Sorcerer..........Monster.
043. Cur Nakk..........Monster.
044. Gigas.............Monster.
045. Page 32...........Monster.
046. Page 64...........Monster.
047. Page 128..........Monster.
048. Page 256..........Monster.

quote:

054. Stone Golem.......Monster.
055. Mini Dragon.......Monster.

quote:

062. Ra Mage...........Monster.
063. Ronkan Knight.....Monster. *1
064. Stone Mask........Monster. *1
065. Enchanted Fan.....Monster.
066. Lamia.............Monster. *1
067. Archeotoad........Monster. *1
068. Hydra.............Monster.
069. Ghidra............Monster. *1

And the Blue Magic I have obtained for reference (I forgot Magic Hammer):

So about those bears-

Kyrosiris posted:

HELLO FRIENDS WHO IS READY FOR :siren: FUN :toxx: TIMES :siren:

You see, in learning that nothing is bear proof, I wanted to put that to the test. I ran the numbers (a dangerous, fire-involving task) and discovered that a Sand Bear's Strong Fight (Bearaga) has a base attack power of two hundred and eighty-eight. The highest physical defense score in the game is Omega's, at 190, meaning that yes, nothing in Final Fantasy V, even the impregnable Stomp-Bot, is bear proof.

So prove it.

The first person to provide ideally video/gif but I will accept a screenshot of getting the finishing blow on Omega with a released bear of any type (Sand, Jail, etc) will win a custom role in the FJF discord. I will also donate $20 to charity in their honor, and an additional $10 for the first three runners-up, as well as granting them the custom role if they wish and the winner's cool with it.

I'm slow as poo poo so of course I'm gonna try and go beyond and turns out since Sand Bears are only available post Karnak 500 and are Encounter 3 in the Table and therefore the first fight you see in the Shifting Sands on a quicksave:

(Oh and I did go for the naming toxx too as shown above)

Mustached Demon posted:

We need a name toxx so here goes y'all:

And for your viewing displeasure here is me bullshit rolling on Purobolos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b9tQIoDXSQ

Will I be done? I dunno, I'm still trying to kill Dragonsong's Reprise in XIV (I'm actually at the end of Phase 5 now- yay).

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
What is the best way for 4 Blue Mages to triple crown? I can think of ways to fight Shinyruu, but not Omega, and power-levelling is not an option for me so I'm assuming I'm around level 40s when I tackle them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Eeepies posted:

What is the best way for 4 Blue Mages to triple crown? I can think of ways to fight Shinyruu, but not Omega, and power-levelling is not an option for me so I'm assuming I'm around level 40s when I tackle them.
Well, you'll be getting your damage from 1000 Needles, but surviving Omega's counterattacks is the hard part. White Wind can at least heal through Bone Mail, so one of your mages could wear that and a Flame Shield and Reflect Ring and be immune to most of what Omega does. (Most, unfortunately, does not mean all. Especially without the ability to wear a Ribbon.)

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Eeepies posted:

If you aren't willing to level, probably give up on the triple crown. You'll need to be at least around level 60, and higher is better; 54-55 is a hard (but not practical) minimum.

To explain:
Your chance of landing a spell is (Spell Hit% + Your Level - Target Level). If the spell lands, you then have to beat the target's magic evade%.

Omega is level 119, so to have any chance of success your Spell Hit% + Level has to be 120 or higher. At level 45, any spell with a Spell Hit% of less than 80 will always miss. As 4 BLU, you have no attack spells outside 1000 Needles that are capable of inherently penetrating Omega's 150 MDEF and no way to deal enough physical damage to beat 190 DEF. Omega's got 55530 HP, and even if you come up with a way to chip away at that HP, the counterattack script has a 1/3 chance of removing one of your party members from the fight. Omega will eventually Encircle and eliminate your party members, so you can't stall infinitely even with an unlimited supply of phoenix downs and elixirs, and the odds of the attack missing are not in your favor because Omega's level is so much higher than yours. Encircle's got a spell hit of 66%, so even with Shell up Encircle's got a 70% chance of succeeding. Even if it's only a 1/3 chance on every counter, you'll be rolling that counter dozens of times.

Okay. What does a path to victory look like? Well, there's two steps - reducing Omega's level and then reducing Omega's defense, via Dark Spark and Off-Guard. Reducing Omega's level makes it easier to land subsequent Dark Sparks and Off-Guards while making it harder for Omega to actually land an Encircle.

Problem 1: You MUST be level 54-55, at a minimum, to land Dark Spark. Because of Dark Spark's Spell Hit% of 66, at level 53 or below, it will always miss. Even at level 54, you only have a 1% chance, and I'm not sure if Omega's Shell status will round it down to 0 when halved. Going up to level 65 ensures you at least have a 5% chance of the spell landing; level 75 would give you 10%, and so forth. But this is before Magic Evade.
Problem 2: Omega's 90% magic evade exacerbates the above, turning a 1% chance of landing into a 0.1%, or a 5% chance into 0.5%.

Once you land your FIRST Dark Spark, Omega's level will drop to 59, giving you 60% more spell hit (30% after Shell), so your 0.5% chance goes up to a luxurious 3.5%. A second one will drop Omega's level to 29, raising your spell chance to 5%, and so forth with diminishing returns. Given enough patience, you can reduce Omega's level down extremely low, but you'll always have to contend with the 90% magic evade. Encircle's got a spell hit of 66%, so you can't become immune to it unless you come in at, say, level 70 and reduce Omega to level 3 or lower. But every Dark Spark you land reduces the chance that the Encircle counter will remove one of your party, so it's more or less required! Your first Dark Spark reduces the chance (with Shell) that Encircle hits by 30%, so landing 3-4 Dark Sparks makes it feasible to survive the number of counters you'll be obliged to face.

From there, you can land a bunch of Off-Guards to reduce Omega's defense to something manageable, and then you can kill Omega with physical attacks (although 95% physical evade) and maybe supplement with some Magic Lamp/Wonder Rod usage (watch out for Reflect!). Or spam 1000 needles 56 times, in which case you don't really need to bother with Off-Guard (but you still want to Dark Spark Omega first to avoid the Encircle counters).

Olesh fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jun 29, 2022

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cattail Prophet posted:

Oh, I guess Old immunity means Time Slip doesn't work for putting Atomos to sleep. I feel like I've probably learned this before and just didn't commit it to memory because I've never been in a situation where it affected me.
This isn't true on Pixel - Old immunity no longer blocks Time Slip... and, of course, that means Aegis Shield no longer blocks White Hole's death - but is indeed true on SNES/GBA.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Olesh posted:

Omega is level 119, so to have any chance of success your Spell Hit% + Level has to be 120 or higher. At level 45, any spell with a Spell Hit% of less than 80 will always miss. As 4 BLU, you have no attack spells outside 1000 Needles that are capable of inherently penetrating Omega's 150 MDEF and no way to deal enough physical damage to beat 190 DEF. Omega's got 55530 HP, and even if you come up with a way to chip away at that HP, the counterattack script has a 1/3 chance of removing one of your party members from the fight. Omega will eventually Encircle and eliminate your party members, so you can't stall infinitely even with an unlimited supply of phoenix downs and elixirs, and the odds of the attack missing are not in your favor because Omega's level is so much higher than yours. Encircle's got a spell hit of 66%, so even with Shell up Encircle's got a 70% chance of succeeding. Even if it's only a 1/3 chance on every counter, you'll be rolling that counter dozens of times.

There's only one real alternative to this: You can consistently avoid Encircle by reflecting its "Targeting" attack and only attacking immediately after this happens. If you do this, its counters will target Omega itself and not you, so you won't get Encircled.

However, I have no idea how high a level you have to be to survive the rest of what Omega does consistently over a long fight, and it's not likely to be pleasant. If you're wearing Reflect Rings, that means you aren't wearing Hermes Sandals, and that means you're going to have a bad time in any number of ways. Blue Mage can heal through Reflect, so it's not impossible, but it's not going to be fun either.

I suspect that it is possible to win even in the low 40s if you farm a lot of elixirs and face Omega with one Reflect Ring wearer and three pairs of Nikes. However, such a strategy will likely take several hours of active play to come to fruition. Scary.

nrook fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jun 29, 2022

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Eeepies posted:

Wonder Rod and Reflect Rings. Shoot everything damaging that isn't lightning or non-elemental at Omega, eat the consequences, shoot everything that is at yourself to hit him. This will take forever and has basically no chance of success, if any at all. But at that level you can't Dark Spark so you're either working through Encircle counters (which won't work) with 1000 Needles, or you're working through fewer counters but more of the regular script with this (which won't work).

Omega is not intended to be fair and attempting to fight him on reasonable terms will just result in your party getting melted, never mind a restriction like "all Blue Mages" thrown in. If you're not gonna level to land Dark Spark then you'll have more success starting an entirely new run to triple crown than you will grinding out Omega attempts.

How the hell did you roll four Blue Mages anyway?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Iirc a couple years ago someone posted a more or less foolproof Omega strat as long as you have a single blue mage. I think it involved having a bunch of zombies to use as dummy targets for Omega's counters?

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Rosalie_A posted:

How the hell did you roll four Blue Mages anyway?

Job faired, for the toxx of a single class, and I've never gotten Blue so I wanted to try. I just noticed there's no extra for triple crown though, so yeah reading the explanations I'm going to pass on Omega, thanks everyone!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The number of single job teams that can triple crown is pretty small so I didn't even really think about it.

choploco
Dec 1, 2021

i like chex quest. i like rpg,
This is my first time doing a Four Job Fiesta run, and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. I decided to do both Advance and natural, but the biggest downside to that is needing a GBA-specific job, so the only party member that's still a freelancer is Faris.

Otherwise, I have Butz as a thief, Lenna as a red mage, and Galuf as a dancer. It sucks to only have one magic user, especially when they're responsible for both offensive and healing magic.

Right now I'm stuck at the Dragon Pod boss (the evil grass in Drakenvale), because I have no strategy to avoid getting poisoned and confused every 2 seconds. I could probably look into getting specific status blocking armor, but I'm not sure what exactly to look for.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
oh my sweet summer child you chose natural
you fool

you need the Bone Mail which you can get in Drakenvale. Go check the bones on the previous screens, it's on one of the rib cage ones. Makes healing on you invert but also makes you immune to most status effects.

You also need a stockpile of venom rods to snap for red mage

And uh, good luck. Dancing Dagger is your friend :v:

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

choploco posted:

Right now I'm stuck at the Dragon Pod boss (the evil grass in Drakenvale), because I have no strategy to avoid getting poisoned and confused every 2 seconds. I could probably look into getting specific status blocking armor, but I'm not sure what exactly to look for.

You can sleep the mini-flowers, then kill the big one. That's probably the easiest way to do it with your team. Make sure to sleep the 2 back flowers first because those are the ones removing control.

E: please never choose both natural and advance together next time, you're stuck with a Freelancer until literally the final dungeon.

Eeepies fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 29, 2022

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

...is it time for me to put a snarky comment about "don't do natural" in the thread title next year? :v:

choploco
Dec 1, 2021

Yeah, since this is my first time, doing Natural is probably where I hosed up. I did find the Bone Mail though. At least if I decide to do another run, I'll learn from my mistakes the first time around. :classiclol:

I'll do the sleep strategy and see how that turns out.

EDIT: I finally did it! I wish I didn't have my poo poo Natural handicap, but I'm lucky that Sword Dance does so much damage. Galuf basically won the fight for me.

choploco fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 29, 2022

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

ultrafilter posted:

:toxx: time: Last year, I put in a toxx to donate for goons who complete a run with four of the same job. I paid out for Berserker, Samurai, Freelancer, and Necromancer; this year I'm offering rewards for the remaining jobs. Here's the pay schedule:
  • $10 each for Bard, Beastmaster, Black Mage, Blue Mage, Chemist, Dancer, Dragoon, Geomancer, Knight, Monk, Mystic Knight, Ninja, Ranger, Red Mage, Summoner, Thief, Time Mage, and White Mage.
  • $20 each for Gladiator, Mime, Oracle and Cannoneer.
Some of those runs will be pretty miserable, but it's for a good cause, and let's face it: thread regulars have done worse. No balance patches or randomizers, but you can play any version you'd like.

Honestly, Blue Mages feel like Black Mages but better. Aeroga is strong enough as a damage spell, and they get shields, medium armor, healing, mighty guard, and lots of crazy utility spells. No idea why they're priced below a Black Mage, maybe it's because searching for said spells is tedious?

This is my last run for the year, so best of luck to the others!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Black Mage's biggest strength is that's its drat simple and probably has the easiest time out of any magic job due to its power and simply needing to buy its spells as opposed to Summoner and Blue Magic. It doesn't have as much flexibility as those two, but it's generally strong enough for it to not matter.

Also, RK values jobs in weird ways, see Beastmaster being so low.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Blue Mage doesn't have access to a lot of elements and some of the spells require a little bit of planning. Black Mage on the other hand is about as close as a spellcasting class gets to the "hold A to attack" style of combat.

But yes, Blue Mage has been done.

choploco
Dec 1, 2021

I imagine that it'd be a lot easier to do a whole Blue Mage run compared to Black Mage, like others have said. Aside from having to put in extra effort to find all the spells, which can get tedious, I think Blue Mage is one of the best magic jobs, along with Summoner.

Update on my progress, I was lucky enough for the creator to remove the Natural tag from my run, so now I can actually swap and try out different jobs. :shobon:
But now I'm just farming to find 4 Reflect Rings from the Reflect Knights, so easy come, easy go, I suppose.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I was going to say stop, because you have thief and stealing them off reflect mages later is much less tedious, but unfortunately you've got one of the handful of parties that probably actually need them for the crystals.

Fake edit: Actually, still having a freelancer on hand should make that fight relatively tolerable, since you can fish for killer bow procs (or death sickle if you happened to farm one in world 1). So yeah, move on.

Real edit: Oh right, you're not on natural anymore. Honestly, as Natural runs go Advance is a pretty decent thing to pair with them, since a guaranteed freelancer for most of the game can help smooth out a lot of a party's rough edges. Still don't play Natural though.

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 30, 2022

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Thief can just farm Flame Ring steals from the Red Dragon chests in Barrier Tower, which is a much better solution than grinding out Reflect Ring drops to deal with the crystals

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Liquid Flame got in one last Blaze right before the end, and uh... :eyepop:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I think that's the lowest HP total I've seen at the end of a fight.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Just submitted my probably only victory for this year. Prereg'd with 375 and Berserker risk and ended up with a solid team of Blue Mage/Geomancer/Berserker/Samurai. Blue Mage makes most of the game pretty easy. Grinded everyone to lvl 35+ before giving ExDeath a try. Got lucky with dodges and Aegis Shield procs to take down NED on attempt two.

Was going to try to resurrect everyone for the victory photo but was worried about catching a single target meteor, so oh well. Pajama Bartz saves the day with a !Gaia.

https://twitter.com/Mitt_Broly/status/1542464782921515008?s=20&t=cF8guxNMb5154pywTLPMPQ

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Eeepies posted:

I mean, I did it with a single Blue Mage and a zombie. Math solves everything. Just make sure you're exactly level 59 on GBA, have the right equipment, and spend hours attempting Dark Spark and hope you don't miss Vampire or have bad MP healing, easy peasy. With 3 zombies (or multiple 59 Blue Mages) that's practically a walk in the park!

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Run 1: White Mage, Berserker, Bard, and Samurai on a 375 ZERKER RISK run.

Anything noteworthy?: Yeah, actually! It turns out Stop/Confuse work really well with the usually extra inaccurate Axes and Katanas. Also, a Bard with Masamunes or a Samurai with !Sing is really hilarious in the Great Trench. Didn't even bother healing while walking in lava!

Jose Valasquez posted:

Once again I'll be doing a 0 power chicken knife :toxx:

CourtlyHades296 posted:

My actual first :toxx: is for getting a 100% complete Bestiary (up to 10 runs and $40, 1 run per unique player).

I actually can't be sure I got them all because I already had the Bestiary filled from an old save but I'm fairly certain I did. Maybe some fish in World 3 (definitely got the two rare ones) but everything up until then and including the Fork Tower I kept a running log of (Gil Turtle, likely the Kuza Beast, etc.).

DalaranJ posted:

:toxx: No Summoner

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Kyrosiris posted:

Pixel Remaster removes the A% hit nature of all of Chemist's offense
Learned this the hard way against Exdeath in his castle; twenty misses with Succubus Kiss in a row. While Chemist still has its strengths, I dare say it's a bit diminished when it can't hit the broad side of a barn.

This is probably gonna negatively impact my Triple Crown attempts.

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?
Well there's my first ever FFV completion in the bag thanks to the Four Job Fiesta. Let's freakin go.

https://twitter.com/dropkickpikachu/status/1542922830932762624

choploco
Dec 1, 2021

Hey, I was just wondering what level were your characters at when you beat Neo ExDeath? I'm trying to figure out what levels I should be near the endgame, since I'm in the Merged World and I have a bit left to go. (Like 10 more bosses; but that'll be a decent grind, if I'm lucky.)

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

Liquid Flame got in one last Blaze right before the end, and uh... :eyepop:

Looks like my Archaeoavis victory but Lenna and Faris were confused and blinded Butz was frantically throwing a Shuriken. :f5:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

choploco posted:

Hey, I was just wondering what level were your characters at when you beat Neo ExDeath? I'm trying to figure out what levels I should be near the endgame, since I'm in the Merged World and I have a bit left to go. (Like 10 more bosses; but that'll be a decent grind, if I'm lucky.)
If you're in the Discord, Carbybot has a command, .almagest ##, where the number you put in is the lowest Stamina among your party. That'll give you the minimum level for that character to survive NED's Almagest from full health. (Generally speaking, high 30s to low 40s, depending on how beefy your jobs are.) It's not a hard rule for what level you need to be, but it'll a good benchmark.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 1, 2022

choploco
Dec 1, 2021

girl dick energy posted:

If you're in the Discord, Carbybot has a command, .almagest ##, where the number you put in is the lowest Stamina among your party. That'll give you the minimum level for that character to survive NED's Almagest from full health. (Generally speaking, high 30s to low 40s, depending on how beefy your jobs are.) It's not a hard rule for what level you need to be, but it'll a good benchmark.

"At 14 vitality, you will need to be level 46 (1667 HP) to survive Almagest, or level 47 (1753 HP) to survive Almagest with a safe buffer."

Krile has the lowest Stamina, which kinda makes sense, but oh geez. All my characters are 29-30 right now. If I can get the average to at least low 40s, I think I'm good.

(Lenna isn't there because I'm at the part where I need to rescue her from Tycoon Castle blowing up. :v:)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, that is an especially fragile party. What are your other jobs?

choploco
Dec 1, 2021

girl dick energy posted:

Oh, that is an especially fragile party. What are your other jobs?

White Mage and Oracle, which I haven't unlocked yet. So I can't even use my forth job to fight Exdeath since it's only accessible post-game. :v:

After changing Krile to a White Mage by donation, her stamina increased a bit, so now Carbybot reccommended I reach lv 44.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Isn't Almagest only used by the final boss, though? You can get oracle before that.