Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah, donald trump hates dogs which probably would have been more effective at getting the base to turn on him than focusing on the poo poo they love

this is disinformation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

The Anime Liker posted:

A Walmart attorney who owned slaves in the late 80's to early 90s

pardon me

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The Anime Liker posted:

A Walmart attorney who owned slaves in the late 80's to early 90s

She also stole people's blood, don't forget that one.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Technically she merely leased them. Convicts did cleanup at the governers mansion.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Zerg Mans posted:

Bruins goalie Tim Thomas working his way up to the majors for 15 years, finally making it big, dominating the league in his mid 30s, and then quitting because there was a black president.

wait, what?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Tim refused to visit the White House with the Bruins to celebrate their Stanley Cup victory and became an insane prepper living in a bunker off the grid

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That doomsday preppers show rules because the people never say exactly why they're scared but it always coincides with the black guy becoming president

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

moist turtleneck posted:

That doomsday preppers show rules because the people never say exactly why they're scared but it always coincides with the black guy becoming president

it's also terrifying because they're building their entire lives around situations where they are "justified" shooting people

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
preppers real core thing is being ready to survive a mass extinction event so when 99% of the population dies they're left and get to "take a bunch of wives" to repopulate the planet, because they're unfuckable maniac losers otherwise. theyre insane sick gently caress and im sorry i ever crossed paths with them years ago b/c i thought solar power and water filters were neat

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

TeenageArchipelago posted:

it's also terrifying because they're building their entire lives around situations where they are "justified" shooting people

that’s just called gamification and it’s very healthy. look it up dumb rear end.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Jonny 290 posted:

preppers real core thing is being ready to survive a mass extinction event so when 99% of the population dies they're left and get to "take a bunch of wives" to repopulate the planet, because they're unfuckable maniac losers otherwise. theyre insane sick gently caress and im sorry i ever crossed paths with them years ago b/c i thought solar power and water filters were neat

There's a song about this on the Lucasarts point and click game Full Throttle.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jonny 290 posted:

Reading the road and thinking it's got some good ideas

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

Technically she merely leased them. Convicts did cleanup at the governers mansion.

oh okay. I wondered why this wasn't a bigger thing and of course it's because most of this hell nation is fine with that sort of thing

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Clintons took slaves from the prison system and dressed them up in butler outfits and forced them to clean their house under threat of being sent back to the prison to do outdoor slave work.

In case it's your first time hearing this, slavery never ended in the United States, they just changed the name of it to"prison work programs" and the slaves work for their owners or are punished harshly. There is no opting out of the mandatory labor at the mandatory labor camps that generate wealth for the owners of the mandatory labor camps. But it's called "incarceration" not "slavery", when the slave owners force the slaves to humiliate themselves and work themselves to death under threat of violence and denial of food and basic human rights.

And this for-profit prison industrial complex generates enormous amounts of wealth for shareholders in for-profit prison companies, and state-run prisons that sell their prisoners to private companies as a cheap labor force, which is why America has the largest prison population on the planet.

So yes, Hillary owned slaves. And humiliatingly dressed them up as antebellum slaves. And humiliated them with threats of sending them to work outside because it's cute and fun because that's what plantation owners did, too.

#WokeBae

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

that’s just called gamification and it’s very healthy. look it up dumb rear end.

i liked the prepper who's plan was to leave his house open in order to lure passers-by, at which point he would pop out of some little hole he dug to ambush them

e: omg they uploaded the video .. "welcome to the trap said the spider to the fly" - doug huffman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RT34RC-IvA

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK has issued a correction as of 03:36 on Jun 30, 2022

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like how covid gave preppers the perfect excuse to finally put their tiny malodorous bunkers and buckets full of moldy instant mac to use. i really like how preppers are also the sort of people who would never even dream of quarantining themselves.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i like how covid gave preppers the perfect excuse to finally put their tiny malodorous bunkers and buckets full of moldy instant mac to use. i really like how preppers are also the sort of people who would never even dream of quarantining themselves.

We made the mistake of phrasing it as being all about the greater good, not just about Greg the racist tire salesman.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

This thread has a very simple premise and you people still can't do it

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Before either were famous, Redd Foxx and Malcom X were friends and Foxx gets a shoutout in The Autobiography of Malcom X as "the funniest dishwasher on this earth"

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Fortaleza posted:

Before either were famous, Redd Foxx and Malcom X were friends and Foxx gets a shoutout in The Autobiography of Malcom X as "the funniest dishwasher on this earth"

Ho Chi Minh worked at the same restaurant (though not at the same time)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Fortaleza posted:

Detroit red and chicago red

Fortaleza posted:

This thread has a very simple premise and you people still can't do it

this sounds like ure policing the thread and u KNOW how we feel about cops

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Every now and then the air force gets together and gives one of their dipshit officers an anime sword lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fortaleza posted:

Every now and then the air force gets together and gives one of their dipshit officers an anime sword lol

could they at least wipe the fingerprints off the mounted one before photo time? good god

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Spergin Morlock posted:

could they at least wipe the fingerprints off the mounted one before photo time? good god

And check out the sweet graphic design on that banner in the background, wish we could see the whole thing

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Funny and on topic: there were a lot of preppers in the Texas freeze where the grid failed who had enough guns and ammo to outfit a platoon but didn't have a generator or way to build a fire

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Fortaleza posted:

coolest thing they do tbh, i want a giant anime sword.

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Does anyone else remember that hilarious news segment that started with a clip from one of those prepper shows that had one of these gormless idiots showing off his mini-bunker with canned food and a large collection of DVDs, bragging that he could easily bunker for six months and then smash cut to this same rear end in a top hat at one of the anti-COVID shutdown protests heaving-chest sobbing about how he hadn't been able to get a haircut in a month. Bonus points because what little hair this dipshit had was in a buzzcut so he could have gone six months without a haircut no problem assuming he didn't want to just run a clipper over his dome once a week.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

Funny and on topic: there were a lot of preppers in the Texas freeze where the grid failed who had enough guns and ammo to outfit a platoon but didn't have a generator or way to build a fire
I can't remember any of those doomsday prepper shows ever having any of those asshats doing anything like studying planting or stocking fertilizer and seed. It was just about going into a shelter for six months, often with family members they couldn't get along with for six minutes under relaxed circumstances never mind in an existential crisis, and then emerging with a best vague plans to live off the land if they thought about what they'd be coming out to at all.

Watching one of those bits with a bunker manufacturer showing off how the door could withstand being hit by a large truck, all I could think is that I wouldn't be trying to break in, I'd just park the truck blocking the door and then slashing the tires to render it totally immovable because these jerkoffs living their Fortress-America-in-miniature fantasies would be a much worse annoyance than any benefit anyone would get from an extra few weeks of canned food from their stash.

TBF, I guess papering over a sense of their own inadequacy by positing a future world where their assumed but by no means actually demonstrated superiority as TRU SERVIVORS would come to the fore by way of acting out their masturbatory homicidal power fantasies.

(It's possible I may be a tad salty having been around some of these assholes sounding off while trying not to roll my eyes so hard that my optic nerves twanged like guitar strings.)

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
There was a British program ages ago that pointed out that in a doomsday scenario you probably couldn't grow food even if you had control of land because the equipment to farm using non-mechanised methods doesn't exist, and modern crops basically need mechanisation so you gotta find heirloom seeds.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
Screw AR-15s, you ain't prepped unless you have a plow.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

exmachina posted:

Everyone's a badass till you need the local blacksmith

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
there was this guy pushing spirulina and worms but also his plan involves people working together and welp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOQOsa9PWlA&t=59s

the common factor in that show was everyone was a grifter or they were being grifted but each one had an Interesting Idea that wouldn't matter if poo poo actually hit the fan

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Kitfox88 posted:

coolest thing they do tbh, i want a giant anime sword.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Prepper chat reminds of Opposite Worlds, a terrible reality show on the SyFy channel that pitted one group living in futuristic comfort and luxury against one living in primitive and depraved conditions

It should come as no surprise that the people living with clean water, comfortable beds, air conditioning, and easy access to cooked food beat the tar out of people squatting in mud trying to rediscover how to make fire

Jenny Nicholson did a nice overview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKFgn6tNU6w

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Thats a lot of Porgs.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
remembering the rightest woman in the 2016 election

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NPPE6a7mSI

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

there was this guy pushing spirulina and worms but also his plan involves people working together and welp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOQOsa9PWlA&t=59s

the common factor in that show was everyone was a grifter or they were being grifted but each one had an Interesting Idea that wouldn't matter if poo poo actually hit the fan

if you have even 5% conviction a doomsday event will happen, you’re not gonna bring a tv crew to your well stocked secret bunker. tbh if their producers can even find out you’re a prepper, you’ve hosed up

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

if you have even 5% conviction a doomsday event will happen, you’re not gonna bring a tv crew to your well stocked secret bunker. tbh if their producers can even find out you’re a prepper, you’ve hosed up

the guy who invented survivalism, "Kurt Saxon," believed doomsday survival was all about friends and close, local bonds. whenever someone bragged to him by letter about their impenetrable bunker, he'd publish the details in his survivalist newsletter

big time racist and wacko he was too

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

exmachina posted:

A lot of the prepper guys are former air force, so they can just hammer their swords into plowshares

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Gazpacho posted:

remembering the rightest woman in the 2016 election

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NPPE6a7mSI

would love to ask this woman how many abortions she thinks her man Trump has ever forced or paid for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
rudy melting like a funhouse dummy and smearing boogers on his head lol