Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I’m still thinking about when he removed the memory card from the wii because saving was slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

poemdexter posted:

I’m still thinking about when he removed the memory card from the wii because saving was slow.

That's standard in SMS speedruns! The time save adds up to something like 10 minutes in 120 shine, it's crazy.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jun 30, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I missed it, what did the runner game over on?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
One of the FLUDD-less levels. Died three times, wasn't keeping track of how many lives he had.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Electric Phantasm posted:

I missed it, what did the runner game over on?

Pinna 6, the Yoshi-go-round secret.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Sounds like that Pokemon randomizer might be a good watch even if I don't know anything about Pokemon.

And also the Mario Sunshine game overed at some point? are they going way over estimate now? The schedule is already pushed back a LOT, I think I can still catch the silly block but it starts way later than previous events.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
They turned it into a challenge run where the runner will play until the end of the original estimate and get as many shines as possible

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Seems like it was a good recovery. I’ve only been paying a little bit of attention since I’m not super into SMS, but with how utterly devastated the runner was I was worried they wouldn’t muster for the Challenge pivot.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

That death was extremely brutal but I gotta give props to the runner for keeping it together enough to pivot.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
That run was a massive moral victory. Very impressive turnaround, the simultaneous encouragement from the commentators, host, and crowd was heartwarming to say the least. Even twitch chat was nearly universally positive. Good stuff SGDQ.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Man, what a good pivot. Once in a while, there's a run that goes so wrong and the runner clearly isn't prepared for that, just mercy kills it and leaves, clearly distressed. I'm glad it didn't end bad this time. Good vibes.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ROO ROO ROO ROO ROO ROO ROO

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i absolutely hated mario sunshine all three times i tried getting into it, but like all 3d marios it is hella impressive watching someone speedrun it

All the levels felt the same, and the overworld felt like all the levels. Really big mistake there.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Man, I really have to wonder how people ever figure out such pixel-precise tricks like that boss door clip in the Banjo-Tooie run.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

DanielCross posted:

Man, I really have to wonder how people ever figure out such pixel-precise tricks like that boss door clip in the Banjo-Tooie run.

Screwing around. Either their own or people go looking through videos/forums for things casual gamers encountered by chance, then reverse engineer it. In the case of that door someone gets in, then someone (maybe not the same someone) figures out the pixel-perfect angle, and then they figure out how to set it up reliably.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
While we wait for the next run, would anyone in here happen to have been on the host judging committee? I might like to PM them some questions for improving my audition next time

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with LigHTt!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It's time for an afternoon of silliness.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
2am here and I have work in 6 hours, time for Silly Block. Who needs sleep anyway?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The sun is above the horizon at the venue for the start of silly block this is all kinds of wrong

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

"The Baywatch extended universe"

with Hulk Hogan

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Menu starting out strong.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Hell yeah

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

our hero, the airpod guy

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
This game is an isekai

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I Died And Suddenly Was Reborn As Just A Normal Deer

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

Oh deer.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I got 5 hours of sleep and am ready for whatever cursed slop they are serving up today

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
This game looks extremely Normal.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Flesnolk posted:

This game is an isekai

This is not even the strangest isekai I've seen (that goes to the one where the guy reincarnates as a vending machine).

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
lmao cop animal voltron

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The Police Gundam Robot: DOGGO

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
too monkeycheese to really be funny tbh

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

"People are clapping so loud I can't hear the audio cues" lol

I wonder if the rest of the silly block can hope to top this

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
Is that the first time vore has been said on stream in a gdq event

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Anfauglir posted:

Is that the first time vore has been said on stream in a gdq event

Absolutely not

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Flesnolk posted:

too monkeycheese to really be funny tbh

I'm ready to move on, this showcase is boring so far.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
gabagool meataballa ey tone oooooh