Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tobias is very good there just isn’t enough shots available for him and he’s not A+ on D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Murray traded to Atlanta

is there really no TV coverage what is happening is is like the super bowl

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

UNPROTECTED

https://twitter.com/zachlowe_nba/status/1542260665322065920?s=21&t=bhpIrjqXmdcUdMihExt-pQ

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

in this post roe world are unprotected picks wise ??

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i don't think i'd want to give up a 27 unprotected pick

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

we’ve just been talking about how prevalent injuries are . trae getting hurt doesn’t matter but what if some of their good players got hurt . they could east sneak into the lottery in there stacked east

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/derekbodnernba/status/1542267502310326272?s=21&t=bhpIrjqXmdcUdMihExt-pQ

holy poo poo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Harden was probably aware of the rep he was getting and is in damage control. Good news for Euph, bad for me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

background story and this is …

David Rubin was a sixers owner until Monday . he owned 10% . he was the one that orchestrated the harden Simmons trade

anyway he mysteriously sold his shares in the team on Monday .

.1 I first thought this was punishment from the nba (forced sale ) for his literally outrageous tampering with harden . maybe it is partially that

2. now im thinking that since he’s no longer part of the sixers - he’s out of the cba - which means he can have direct economic relations with harden or any other player and not .. obviously … run afoul of the cba

2a Rubin owns fanatics - a ludicrously profitable and successful sports apparel company

2b what if any money that harden is giving up from the sixers mysteriously and coincidentally is made up by a Fanatics sponsorship ??

3. that’s it for now but im pretty sure im right

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The nbas anti tampering crusade is bad for business

This sucks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I predict tampering enforcement is over

this is terrible

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hope the agreement is they wait one hour only and then announce everyone

ahhh this is too much like the WWF

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

45 minutes in and not one fa story !!

gently caress Adams silver really

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

this is terrible

their antitampering regime is only slightly more effective than mid-90s MLB steroid testing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s 6:50 …. nothing !!

I was wondering earlier why there was no tv shows . they knew !

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

woj hasn’t tweeted one important thing since 6 pm

this is like living in Saudi Arabia

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

omg it’s 7:07 and nothing

they are destroying the league

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what’s supposed to be happening that isn’t

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

literally nba fee agency !!!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I thought that was tomorrow. does nba have Legal Tampering Day like the nfl

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Azathoth posted:

their antitampering regime is only slightly more effective than mid-90s MLB steroid testing

still deeply embarrassing that the bucks managed to get caught and punished loving up a trade

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Every day is Legal Tampering Day

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Free agency starts tomorrow at 6 pm

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

no

noooo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

noooooooo

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Dreylad posted:

still deeply embarrassing that the bucks managed to get caught and punished loving up a trade

it confuses me in the exact same way as when a player gets pinched on a drug test

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ok I will try again tomorrow

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Yeah free agency starts tomorrow at 3pm pacific, or else we’d already be seeing crazy poo poo

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
i know academically its the right move to trade dejounte and embrace the tank

but i just can't help but feel a turning point in my time as a spurs fan

we've never traded to intentionally get worse in all my years. its a very lovely feeling and its a long, long way back to the top of the mountain after tumbling down so far.

not too exciting anticipating a poo poo season with nothing to look forward to

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

RaySmuckles posted:

we've never traded to intentionally get worse in all my years. its a very lovely feeling and its a long, long way back to the top of the mountain after tumbling down so far.

trust the process

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

RaySmuckles posted:

I haven't been this excited as a Spurs fan for years honestly, nothing I want less to be the 9th-10th pick team perennially (gently caress the play in)...like, our whole entire era of sustained success happened because of basically the most PERFECT tank year ever. Obviously tanking can be super hit and miss, but it's always been core to the Spurs 21st century identity. We just did it so good and were so lucky the one year we did it that we haven't had to do it again for 20+ years.
Plus I feel like Brian Wright and the current Spurs "brain trust" of people have shown some decent drafting ability. things can always get really bad and bogged down for a small market tanking team, but I'm pretty optimistic about the future and glad we're seemingly in a new era FINALLY. been spending too many years in mediocrity while I looked over enviously at Sam Presti's hoard of assets and young players.

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 30, 2022

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
spurs are one of the most winning franchises ever, a decade in the bottom ranking and I still wouldn’t feel bad for you guys

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
oh yeah spurs fans def dont deserve sympathy for anything that happens considering how blessed by the basketball gods the franchise was (even considering that without the dirty play of a certain Georgian bastard, it might have even been more blessed...tho I guess Kawhi kinda always wanted to play in LA anyway)
but also it's just nice knowing your franchise is semi-competently run, can draft well, and isn't like, doomed and damned like say, the Sacramento Kings.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

euphronius posted:

The nbas anti tampering crusade is bad for business

This sucks

euphronius posted:

this is terrible

euphronius posted:

I hope the agreement is they wait one hour only and then announce everyone

ahhh this is too much like the WWF

euphronius posted:

45 minutes in and not one fa story !!

gently caress Adams silver really

euphronius posted:

it’s 6:50 …. nothing !!

I was wondering earlier why there was no tv shows . they knew !

euphronius posted:

woj hasn’t tweeted one important thing since 6 pm

this is like living in Saudi Arabia

euphronius posted:

omg it’s 7:07 and nothing

they are destroying the league

euphronius posted:

literally nba fee agency !!!

Vox Nihili posted:

euphronius posted:

ok I will try again tomorrow

lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i do not like the dejounte murray trade

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Happy for Trae Young that he can be part of an exciting guard combo and make the rest of the NBA even more pissed off by his existence. Murray can also make the ASG in the east where he doesn't have to compete with Steph, Luka and CP3

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

background story and this is …

David Rubin was a sixers owner until Monday . he owned 10% . he was the one that orchestrated the harden Simmons trade

The Sixers are owned by this guy? Owned

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Michael Rubin yes

Michael and David are the same name to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

https://twitter.com/NBAMemes/status/1542322596750000128