Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Don't Ask posted:

man I love how Abbadon draws facial expressions throughout the comic, A++

He is an expressive artist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013

coolusername posted:

There’s an unfired chekov’s gun to do with him so I imagine he will be: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-5-54/

...Did Cio technically win the wager, then?

And on another note, I just noticed that when Himself uses the word "I" it is striked through, could that have some significance what with the shape of the universe, the true name of god and the enemy to be defeated according to YISUN being "I" or am I just reading into things? The rest of the letters look like normal handwriting.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

his first-person pronouns are all in bold

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

isasphere posted:

...Did Cio technically win the wager, then?

And on another note, I just noticed that when Himself uses the word "I" it is striked through, could that have some significance what with the shape of the universe, the true name of god and the enemy to be defeated according to YISUN being "I" or am I just reading into things? The rest of the letters look like normal handwriting.

nah that's absolutely A Thing

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

skaianDestiny posted:

I'm pretty sure it's stated the devils were creations of Zoss and his ilk.

No, the formless devils existed since the start of creation. 10 Vigilant Gaze talks about fighting them in the ages before the Fall. e: or at least I thought he had. I can't find the specific comic off-hand.

Zoss & co. were the ones who bound the Devils via pacts and gave them their masks.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 27, 2022

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Also, we haven't had a title drop yet for this book, have we? I'm gonna make a not very wild guess that "the Breaker of Infinities" is Al-Yisun blowing Jadis's already blown mind by doing something outside of the expected pattern.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Was there a title drop in Seeker of Thrones?

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

I legitimately don't think Allison will go nuh-uh to fate. Rather, she'll change her outlook in such a way that she just owns that hard determinism lifestyle.

Who cares if the future is set if you are the one that sets it

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
That does seem to be what Zoss has been nudging her to, to give up on delusions of control and trying to avert fate like he did.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Looking back, I can't help but wonder if the second last panel here is Jadis, for a fraction of a second and without even realising it, actually reacting in the moment instead of just doing What She Does.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MikeJF posted:

Looking back, I can't help but wonder if the second last panel here is Jadis, for a fraction of a second and without even realising it, actually reacting in the moment instead of just doing What She Does.

With what we've seen since, I kinda see it as more glancing at the script to see What She Does Next. Timeline says a smile and helping hand, so a smile and helping hand it is.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
But then the glancing at the script is itself scripted then right? Actually if she's omniscient then she shouldn't have to look back again and in fact I don't think she could just look away at any point without breaking said script.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's just the same expression she has on this page while she's apologizing https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/breaker-of-infinities-4-129/, one of "oh right, this creature in front of me cannot see the shape of the wheel and everything in it like i do and is experiencing suffering"

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

YaketySass posted:

Was there a title drop in Seeker of Thrones?

Second to last panel here. I believe Zoss does all the title drops.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

habeasdorkus posted:

Second to last panel here. I believe Zoss does all the title drops.

Where do we see Incubus also see Zoss?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

It's about 80% of the way through King of Swords, after White Chain wins the right to challenge Dave and Allison is chilling in the cells.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Starting here.

The wielder of names title drop, for reference.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 27, 2022

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
What do you think it would be like to possess infinite knowledge, but not have an infinite mind with which to understand it?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

A.o.D. posted:

What do you think it would be like to possess infinite knowledge, but not have an infinite mind with which to understand it?

Kind of like ordering an entire box of chalupas from taco bell when you're drunk and then realizing you can only eat a couple

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

Being reduced to only saying the word Halloween.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

A.o.D. posted:

Doesn't seem to bother Zaphod at all.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Thundarr posted:

Doesn't seem to bother Zaphod at all.

I mean, that's patently not true.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Potato Salad posted:

nah that's absolutely A Thing

Yeah, Himself's entire deal is that his sense of self or something metaphysically similar is so strong that he can maintain cohesion despite being an entirely unmasked devil.

he is the closest being to omnipotence in the comic, with the POSSIBLE exceptions of Zoss and Metatron, and may in fact know everything any devil knows

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
We can be reasonably sure that the only reason Himself is still in the cage is because he doesn't especially mind it.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I assumed the cage was functionally his mask

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
considering that Himself's speech bubbles ate away at the bars of his cage, his captivity is a fiction that everyone agrees is in their best interest.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Himself is three blue devils in a trenchcoat, and extremely overrated.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mr. Lobe posted:

I assumed the cage was functionally his mask

No, Abbadon's talked a bit about it out of comic, he's basically fully self-sustained and maintains his existence on pure ego. Because the k6bd universe works through will and will is all he is he's effectively immune to entropy, and goes along with his imprisonment in part because what's a few thousand/million years in captivity when you're literally immortal? It's inevitable on a long enough timescale that he'll be free.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

coolusername posted:

There’s an unfired chekov’s gun to do with him so I imagine he will be: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-5-54/

so will remembering "ME" in this case be Allison rejecting some sort of obliterating level of CHIM non-I self-awareness for simply being the next conquering king?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

A.o.D. posted:

considering that Himself's speech bubbles ate away at the bars of his cage, his captivity is a fiction that everyone agrees is in their best interest.

I had missed this and it's such an awesome detail

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

A.o.D. posted:

I never noticed that before now. :stare:

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Totally off topic, but bearer of the shape has been mentioned before apparently, and does seem to give credence to the idea that the machine is the bearer

quote:

God of Ways, the Eye Revealed, bearer of the Shape.
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-2-23/

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Those are dead gods though, it's unlikely that they possess the volition to actually do anything besides bear a word that can be taken from them.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Kwyndig posted:

Those are dead gods though, it's unlikely that they possess the volition to actually do anything besides bear a word that can be taken from them.

We just had a machine of all knowing tell us nothing matters and you're pretty sure that the Eye Revealed is a non-starter?

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

I always thought HIMSELF was in captivity because it would be a big problem if he wasn't. Sort of like a Mob Boss agreeing to go to "prison" where they can do whatever the gently caress they want and still run poo poo. But since he is "in captivity" and that's what everyone knows is 'true', no one officially thinks he has to be dealt with and poo poo can go on as normal.

Leaving captivity would have caused problems while giving HIMSELF very little benefit.

It's similar to Cio's story, she got too big and everyone moved in to take her down.

It's all politics.

Also, having Allison owing him a favor when whatever new order comes around should make sure HIMSELF is very comfy after the dust settles.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

He has nowhere better to be. Anyone he wants to see will come to Him.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder if Himself could beat Jagganoth at full power

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Grouchio posted:

I wonder if Himself could beat Jagganoth at full power

he can't even beat the Powerpuff Girls!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kwyndig posted:

I thought only Metatron knew the words of God, which Zoss tortured out of him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

FuturePastNow posted:

He has nowhere better to be. Anyone he wants to see will come to Him.

He also seems to have some degree of omniscience given His casual mind-reading, so it’s not like He’s starved for entertainment

e: probably gave the council of thirteen a play-by-play of the heist, everyone thought it was a laff riot