Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
just whales from 2011 realising their gains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
just following satoshi's hallowed words: buy high, sell low

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
“Bitcoin generation should end up where it’s cheapest. Maybe that will be in cold climates where there’s electric heat, where it would be essentially free.”

“The price of any commodity tends to gravitate toward the production cost. If the price is below cost, then production slows down. If the price is above cost, profit can be made by generating and selling more. At the same time, the increased production would increase the difficulty, pushing the cost of generating towards the price.”

apparently these are satoshi quotes and i am inferring from these two quotes that the value of bitcoin is essentially 0

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

the value of bitcoin is essentially 0

sounds right to me

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
just playing back the parliament hearing, at 10:10:42, you can hear Aaron Bell MP entering "... forgive me, but so-called shitcoins ..." into the record

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

divabot posted:

just playing back the parliament hearing, at 10:10:42, you can hear Aaron Bell MP entering "... forgive me, but so-called shitcoins ..." into the record

:discourse:

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

just whales from 2011 realising their gains

Yeah it's not at all related to the EU decision on regulations of cryptocurrency, since crypto can't be regulated.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

It happened again.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Nemo2342 posted:

It happened again.

it always happened again and will always be happened againing

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

drat

wait, 18996.75

lol

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

divabot posted:

goon project: get "buttcoin" into Hansard

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hammerite posted:

goon project: get "buttcoin" into Hansard

:britain:

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Potrzebie posted:

it always happened again and will always be happened againing

All their manipulation bought them what, a week? I love it.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
can't stop posting until bitcoin is sub $1000 sorry

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
educate yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u48ccZ27wfQ

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol waking up to btc being at least $1k lower than the previous day is awesome

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

divabot posted:

It's no buttcoin, but I'll take it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Paladinus posted:

It's no buttcoin, but I'll take it.

shitcoins from a buttcoin

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

divabot posted:

btw i went to Parliament!! ('s committee room in the building to one side of actual Parliament) and spread the gospel of the Butte Coine

(i did not in fact say buttcoin, sorry)

the press, who should be believed in all things some of the time, hold that we made it. we won.

Izabella Kaminska was paired with a blockchain promoter who spewed a pile of absolutely BS claimed blockchain successes which I know don't actually check out

I was paired with a guy from Elliptic, a crypto compliance firm, who was far too polite and nice so i steamrollered him lol

third was John Naughton, an old, cynical and un-BSable professor, versus the guy from Everledger claiming that a hyperledger-based supply chain log was an innovation worth anything

here is two hours of the whole drat thing on video
I cannot believe you stole all our posts to read to parliament.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

divabot posted:

I know he's no longer the Speaker, but does Bercow have a Cameo or something to hear him bellow buttcoiiiiiiiiiiiin

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

did the stenographer enter it as "shitcoin" or "shitecoin" this is important

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

parliament uses stenographers right

i gotta admit i didn't watch the video and was just imagining the whole meeting as the trial from the end of The Wall where the judge is a giant talking rear end in a top hat and divabot et al are the various evil caricatures testifying against bitcoin

this one is divabot ofc

note the marionette strings being pulled by BIG BANKS

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TIL nats park has a four-year advertising deal with terra.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Question: if I fatfinger a sell order on an exchange and offer to sell all my butts for 20 dollars instead of 20,000, what happens?

Same if I offer to buy for 200,000

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Splicer posted:

Question: if I fatfinger a sell order on an exchange and offer to sell all my butts for 20 dollars instead of 20,000, what happens?

Same if I offer to buy for 200,000

Something good for bitcoin is what happens.

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
Passed 18888, which is good for bitscoin

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/29/23188795/north-korea-crypto-losers-down-bad

quote:

That’s a 61 percent loss, overall, for those of you keeping track at home. The crypto from one 2021 heist has lost at least 80 percent of its value, an analyst with TRM Labs told Reuters. North Korea, reached for comment at its London embassy, has called this “totally fake news,” which: lol, lmao.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
can we have a moment of silence for the real victims in the crypto crash: the North Korean hackers.

namaste

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

neutral milf hotel posted:

can we have a moment of silence for the real victims in the crypto crash: the North Korean hackers.

namaste

entirely unironically the people i am the closest to feeling sorry for.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Splicer posted:

I believe you get matched against the available buy orders, starting closest to the current spot price. So it would get filled against a bunch of $19k, $18k... orders depending on your volume.

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades

Endless Mike posted:

fixed:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Endless Mike posted:

A padlock attached to nothing is actually a pretty good metaphor for cryptocurrency.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Devor posted:

I believe you get matched against the available buy orders, starting closest to the current spot price. So it would get filled against a bunch of $19k, $18k... orders depending on your volume.

knowing bitcoin exchanges, i assume they'll match it like this, but only give you $20 per and pocket the difference

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

when the new sf giants stadium opened in 2000 the cup holder on every seat had a webvan ad

webvan went out of business in 2001 and I think safeway got a great deal on 40,000 lightly used ad units

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
NFT markets have bots looking to snap up accidentally low-priced sales, do bitcoin exchanges not have the same thing?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

when the new sf giants stadium opened in 2000 the cup holder on every seat had a webvan ad

webvan went out of business in 2001 and I think safeway got a great deal on 40,000 lightly used ad units

the seating behind home plate is the Terra Club lmao

i do want to go to a game there sometime. includes food and booze

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

entirely unironically the people i am the closest to feeling sorry for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I think most of the exchanges are set up the same way as stock trading platforms where it'll just accept the highest entry in the "want to buy butts" order book as long as it is above the minimum price you set.