Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

slidebite posted:

I mean national flags. Although if you have more than 3 of any flag it's probably some sort of diagnosable mental illness.

So says Dr. Slidebite :colbert:

Also any quantity of flags attached to a pickup is suspect except on nationalist holidays and sporting events

err, I live in Southern Alberta so my data may have sample breadth issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
AvE is located, as best as I can tell, somewhere a bit east from Kamloops BC. Not sure how anyone was surprised when the mask slipped. Rural BC is chuddy as hell with the exception of a few draft dodger/hippy enclaves.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Jonny Nox posted:

Also any quantity of flags attached to a pickup is suspect except on nationalist holidays and sporting events

err, I live in Southern Alberta so my data may have sample breadth issues

Well it's not like more people live in northern Alberta for comparison's sake

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

STR posted:

What about a US flag and a LGBT pride flag?

Seeing as we're talking youtube people, Big Clive has one in the background of his videos and I'm none too sure which variation of queer pride it is exactly but there's a bear paw on it. Also CathodeRayDude has a SUPERB channel about electronical oddities, weird formats and such and has a really cool custom VHS tape cover on display in the videos:

https://www.youtube.com/c/CathodeRayDude

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I solved the US flag problem by flying the same pattern flag that flew over Fort Sumter in April 1861.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

It's time for Bernie to gooooooooooooooooo (me saying this like a decade ago).

https://twitter.com/NaturalParadigm/status/1542404744500707330?s=20&t=dBMtdRyekCDb2pBUAtGH4A

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's time for Bernie to gooooooooooooooooo (me saying this like a decade ago).

https://twitter.com/NaturalParadigm/status/1542404744500707330?s=20&t=dBMtdRyekCDb2pBUAtGH4A

Ecclestone been a facist loving piece of poo poo for longer than I have been alive. Any wonder why he worked well with Max Mosley?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Flag chat: a good way to get your house and cars hosed with here is to fly an OU flag. OU and UT have had a rivalry for ages.

Confederate flags are very frowned upon around here too. Almost as much as OU flags.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Seeing as we're talking youtube people, Big Clive has one in the background of his videos and I'm none too sure which variation of queer pride it is exactly but there's a bear paw on it. Also CathodeRayDude has a SUPERB channel about electronical oddities, weird formats and such and has a really cool custom VHS tape cover on display in the videos:

Oh that's a cool VHS cover. I'd recently started watching some of his stuff, but never paid attention to the background (usually I'm just listening). I used to have not one, but two of those funky IDE CD changers too - back when I ran a dialup BBS. Think they may have even been that same model - there were only a couple of companies making them. Pretty niche market...

e: just watched the video, his is a SCSI. Found an IDE NEC 4 disc changer that looks a bit closer what I had though (NEC CDR-C251, which really rings a bell)

Big Clive came out as gay years ago, he very much fits the definition of a "bear" (a larger guy on the hairy side).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jun 30, 2022

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Speleothing posted:

Well it's not like more people live in northern Alberta for comparison's sake
Based on my semi-recent trip to Grande Prairie, Northern Alberta might actually be worse in that aspect and that's saying something.

Although, tbf, it's worse in pretty much all aspects.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
Flags suck, and I can give an example if the predicycle (predator tricycle) is parked outside work today.

Unsurprisingly Germany isn't as big on nationalism any more after their last experiment with it, but it didn't really click for me until I ended up visiting a town that basically existed to service a military base nearby. I'm pretty sure I saw more Flags in that little suburb than I did the entire rest of the time I was in Germany

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

It was the queen's jubilee here recently and there were an awful lot of flagshaggers hanging poo poo out. I should've made notes on those particular houses because I wouldn't feel bad raiding them when society inevitably collapses in a few years.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Seeing a flag in the UK always made me think they were a card carrying BNP member.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Most countries aren't as crazy about hanging flags everywhere as the US...

...except the Swiss.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

What about flag magnets?

Got it when the war started and I live in CHUD country, so never know when my windows gonna get blown out.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's the Progress Pride Flag. It's basically a fusion of a lot of the pride flags for the various groups within the LGBT+ community. The bear paw isn't standard for that flag but the Bear Pride Flag has one.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Bear Pride? Being proud not of your orientation but of the specific thing that gets you hard?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Scratch Monkey posted:

Bear Pride? Being proud not of your orientation but of the specific thing that gets you hard?

I'm not gay, but some of my closest friends are-- and there's a lot of body shaming and fetishizing in the cis gay community. Especially towards guys in the bear community that don't have the "ideal" gym bro physique. So, bear flags are probably like any other body-image positive group, but I could be completely wrong. Surely there's a bear-goon in here.

This isn't the article that I'm thinking of, but it's related from what I skimmed
https://www.gq.com/story/why-body-image-issues-pervade-the-gay-community

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

I am not shocked that regardless of sexual orientation people are still poo poo to each other for not conforming to some impossible ideal of physical form.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

BigPaddy posted:

I am not shocked that regardless of sexual orientation people are still poo poo to each other for not conforming to some impossible ideal of physical form.

:same:, sadly.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gayness has spent forever paying the cowslip's-warren price for its own existence by passing itself off as an ~aesthetic~.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
On my private IG one of my friends is a doctor. We were just kids back in the days chasing girls but he has come out now and … how are people this fit. It’s not fit it’s beyond’s abs wearing banana hammocks but everyone is super thin. I’m just like wow man. I know what it takes to work out their commitment must be off the charts.

On the other hand not to be Debby downer I can not imagine from what I see there they would be accepting of anyone who wasn’t in the top 1% line they appear to be.

Or who knows I’m straight maybe it’s 80% look like they do

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

So those of us who march under that flag are attracted to a wide variety of men, and or my case people. So it's less about what makes us hard, and more about existing. Besides the body image issues, there is also a tendency, particularly in media, to pigeon hole gay men as effeminate. So it's a reminder that gay/bi chubby, hairy and masculine men exist. And that we are as valid as anyone else.

And in the end, that's what marching in Pride means to me. I'm a bi man who came out at the peak of the AIDS epidemic. I remember people cheering Matthew Shepard's death. I remember the priests and preachers getting in my face screaming about how God was going to make me die slowly with AIDS as a punishment. gently caress, I remember my own community trying to deny my existence. But I'm still here. Still different. Sometimes I march with a bear flag. Sometimes I march with the bi pride flag. And when I'm feeling festity, I will march with both.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

This guy has been driving that same Tesla down these same city streets for a year, you'd think he'd single-handedly managed to map out everything to a point where the car would be faultlessly self driving down them but apparently not. Where do Tesla get their mapping info from? I'd like to know whether the car knows it's a one way and just decides 'gently caress it' because it panics or if the data it has is wrong (which seems very unlikely).

https://twitter.com/TaylorOgan/status/1542552674880704515?s=20&t=IMY6sc7d1vwefoWH2P3yxA

Also this is so amusing to me because didn't the arse fall out of the whole NFT market thing very recently?
https://twitter.com/SpeedSportLife/status/1542616707377860610?s=20&t=IMY6sc7d1vwefoWH2P3yxA

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jul 1, 2022

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Teslas do not have any kind of mapping, memory, persistence or other training on what they have experienced or data they have gathered.

They run image analysis frame by frame on what the one 640*480 webcam from 2004 sees. Occasionally they get a new software update that is slightly more able to identify a bicycle.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Teslas learning lol

You can do the same route the rest of your life and if someone spills white paint on the road or a truck blends into the background well I hope you’ve pre arranged your funeral. They don’t give a poo poo.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dreamcast voice: it's thinking

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Olympic Mathlete posted:

This guy has been driving that same Tesla down these same city streets for a year, you'd think he'd single-handedly managed to map out everything to a point where the car would be faultlessly self driving down them but apparently not. Where do Tesla get their mapping info from? I'd like to know whether the car knows it's a one way and just decides 'gently caress it' because it panics or if the data it has is wrong (which seems very unlikely).

https://twitter.com/TaylorOgan/status/1542552674880704515?s=20&t=IMY6sc7d1vwefoWH2P3yxA

Also this is so amusing to me because didn't the arse fall out of the whole NFT market thing very recently?
https://twitter.com/SpeedSportLife/status/1542616707377860610?s=20&t=IMY6sc7d1vwefoWH2P3yxA

Chevy already tried the NFT thing. Buy the NFT and it came with a free brand new Z06. Seriously.

Nobody bought it :laugh:

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

What are some of the chuddier things AvE has done?

I know he supported the stupid truck convoy. What else?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Thomamelas posted:

gay/bi chubby, hairy and masculine men

You called?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

He denied COVID was a problem for a while

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

No. 6 posted:

He denied COVID was a problem for a while

Ugh.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Let me guess, I bet he also does not like:

Vegetables
Vegans
Vegetarians
Cyclists
Masks
Electric vehicles
Bicycles
Bicycle lanes
Low emission zones
Trans people
Immigrants
Gun control

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I think he likes cycling

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The C8 is probably a fine car especially if you could get one at MSRP and you like Corvettes, but does anyone else have the experience of seeing them on the road and thinking they're something truly exotic for a second like a McLaren or Lambo and then going, "Oh, it's just a Corvette"? :shrug:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It looks like a modern take on a testarossa, it is kind of a mess overall

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Father in Law has one, I have driven it. It is just a corvette with the engine elsewhere and less comfortable than a C7. For the same money he paid for it, about $80k you are more than a Cayman S or even a GTS. He just said something about “Nazi cars” when I suggested he at least go drive one.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Absolutely, spot new Vette out of the corner of my eye “oh hello there!“ then it comes into view and I’m just like nope

This has not changed since being a kid. Or working at dealerships in the 90s. The car guys besides the CHEVY guys just have never cared and never will.

And the vette guys are a small subsection of the CHEVY guys

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Steakandchips posted:

What are some of the chuddier things AvE has done?

I know he supported the stupid truck convoy. What else?

He had that stupid ruler a while back.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

AvE supported the convoy. Zip Ties and Biasplys took part in the Canadian one. I mean sure there were lots of other reasons to not watch his poo poo but just a bit of an escalation there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Midjack posted:

He had that stupid ruler a while back.

The ****hair one?