Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Yeah at this point I'll just take the free passes and event stuff they do when I wanna build up any more characters, but at least there's no stress of getting it done 'fast' since I'm pretty much in love with Destroyer and Gunlancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Hyper Inferno posted:

You can even chill at 1355 if you send your dispatches out on Yoho.

This is not a very good choice because you won't be gaining greater leapstones from your una dailies or chaos dungeons. Short term sure but you should be parking alts at 1370 asap.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeah, I feel like 1370-1415 is just as bad as the 1340-1370 "desert' and I almost stopped playing at that point. Post 1415 actually kinda revitalized my interest in the game - you gain access to relic accessories and have to tinker with your build again, despite my initial misgiving, Valtan is actually fun (as long as you are in the party that doesn't self-destruct with passive aggressive bitching after first wipe) and while more expensive and with even smaller chance to success, 4 ilevels per successful honing, makes it feel a bit better, that the pre-1415 grind.

Yea, 1415+ is a far better game, the content is better and gearing starts to get a lot more relevant. Getting 2.5 levels per hone makes them feel more impactful also. Though I will say honing 19+ feels pretty depressing at times with how low the base % is.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jun 30, 2022

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

I'm hearing reports that the new event involves waiting afk for several minutes to listen to the sound of waves on a beach? Supposedly there are 3 daily quests that each have separate 3 minute afk timers to wait out?

Also, comms are saying there's a new boss fight that's borderline impossible and upon completion doesn't seem to drop enough coin to even cover the repair costs from the fight?

Confirm/deny?

(I was just trying to see if there was a screenshot of the new Captcha system in action and could only find posts complaining about the new event)

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea the new event seems to be really poo poo, but thankfully like every event if you have some alts you never need to do it because you get the current from chaos dungeons and guardians.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
The new event is terrible. The dailies is such a slog but at least you can just watch youtube on another screen. But the event you have to pick up some glowsticks and wack the boss for a few minutes. It drops a few coins but you don't actually ever get completion for the event so I'm not sure if its a bug or not. Thronespire is pretty easy to do and gives a tons of materials. You can directly do level 25 and get all the rewards at once. No more climbing the tower floor by floor. I'm not sure what the higher levels do and I haven't tried yet.

On another note I just hit +20 weapon in 3 taps!

That is amazing, I didn't expect that to happen. Now I just need to do Valtan a few more times for a new relic weapon. I guess I can pass some of these destruction crystals to my glavier alt and actually get it to 1370.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
On ilvl Vykas hard is very... hard. Took a few hours to beat down gate 1 but it was very enjoyable.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm heading into it in a few hours when im off of work. Will be going in on HM on my paladin main. Fortunately our group has decided supports will get the boxes first.

I'm debating on if I should hone some more. I've paused at 1467.5 for weeks now but could probably push a few more upgrades out very easily.

I bought my grudge books today for my alts which is super nice as I can check that off of my list of big ticket items.

Also got my second purple wealth rune as well which is going to help smooth out the DB striker alt.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
IMO if you're that close I'd hone to 1475 for the chaos dungeon, it's not a huge difference but you're gonna want it eventually anyways.

I bought my grudges today also, between that and a lot of alt honing I feel way more poor than I did yesterday.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

This event is making me miss the races.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Did normal Vykas on alts tonight in prep for the hard raid tomorrow when our whole group is on, was a really fun fight. Some rough learning and like always it's hard to find solid pugs, but got all 3 gates down after like 3 hours. Gate 1 was extremely easy on normal, except for the portal orb mechanic mostly because only half the raid gets to try it each attempt while you're learning. Gate 2 was shockingly easy, all the primary mechanics felt very forgiving. Gate 3 was a big step up, mostly in that you need most of the raid alive at the end to make the stagger check unless you have a high stagger raid(we did not).

Hardest part about Vykas overall is just that 1 bad player is far more punishing than Valtan. Mistakes often mean raid wipes on most of the mechanics, so a weak player stops progression for everyone.

Very much looking forward to hard with our full raid, hoping we at least get gates 1 and 2 done on hard, neither of which seem like they will be that bad.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i miss the bots

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Vykas Hard Gate 1 was a pain in the rear for my group, but it was mostly just because things just didn't click on the mechanics until the one successful run where they arbitrarily did. The only thing that's really different is even less tolerance for failure and the Velganos pizza mechanic randomly showing up. If your group has the mechanics down tight, shouldn't be a problem.

Group's looking forward to doing Gate 2 tonight, we had to stop cause it took us so long for Gate 1, but we messed around for 1 attempt and it definitely seemed more forgiving.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jul 2, 2022

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Hard Vykas down!

Gate 1 and 2 took 1-1.5 hours each, gate 3 took about 1.5 hours last night and another hour today. Again having a weak player makes it vastly harder, our pug today was a huge step up from yesterday and could actually do the typing game. Gate 1 was mostly the same, but the Velganos pizza took a few pulls to get used to, it comes out pretty quick. Gate 2 all came down to the bomb mechanic, once we started playing a bit safer and watching closer for that she died in a couple pulls.

Gate 3's new mechanics took some time, the tentacle phase is a massive step up in difficulty from normal and the sub 50 medusa is really tricky with needing some various number of people looking.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

After getting stuck on Gate 1 Vykas hard for 3 days, I am pretty frustrated by party finder. I basically learned everything on this fight. So I would find a party with something like "going for clear, experienced party, no learning" and we'd wait an hour for 2 supports to finally fill up. And then go in and I have to watch the other 7 other people in the party mess up orbs after orbs after orbs. People in the party are yelling at each other saying they're running into their orb and others not knowing the colours. People completely confused at why the orb is flying into a wall. And then 20 minutes later after wiping on the orb 10+ times we disband and a few people get kicked that are constantly messing up or have clearly no clue. We requeue only to have the same thing happen and we disband again and I quit the party. Are people just randomly joining parties without reading the name or are people falsely advertising their parties.

Maybe I should find a static of some kind but I'm pretty sure most people already have one from Valtan. Plus I'm not even sure where to look. Do people need to be on the same server? Should I be looking for a Una static?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Party-finder a "learning party", that way you know everyone showing up is actually going to try and learn the mechanics instead of switching their brain off and hoping to be carried.

People literally join "experienced" parties despite not knowing the fight in the hopes of having experienced players do all the hard stuff for them.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Whenever a party says "experienced" or "know mechanics" or anything like that they actually mean "come carry me".

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I just did Normal this week because I'm bad at the game and I know it. Did an hour or so of a learning party on Thursday to understand the balls. Was able to jump in a guild's "alt run" last night. 5 of them had already cleared hard, the other pugs like me were fine. Discord for mech calls was phenomenal.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
We got g1/g2 hm down really quickly. Under an hour for both combined. G3 we had 2-3 hours of attempts before calling it for the day. We are resuming today and should have it down in an hour or two. We almost cleared it yesterday but people had to go.

Velveteen posted:

After getting stuck on Gate 1 Vykas hard for 3 days, I am pretty frustrated by party finder.
If I missed my static I was going to just do normal despite being 1480 & fully geared. Pugging the first few weeks is a time consuming dice roll. Especially as the week goes on. Maybe I'd have tried g1/g2 hm and then did g3 normal if the group that cleared g2 didn't clear g3.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jul 3, 2022

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Due to my playing time and personal life not allowing for dedicated raiding I find the current state of the game extremely unfun.

The only real progression comes from raids and doing these with pugs is time consuming at best or a complete waste of time and resources if the group folds. The encounters with their 1-shot mechanics require you to find full groups without any space for the average brain dead ARPG pubbie.

Give me something I can do with pugs or solo that will give me 50% of the rewards at a decent challenge.

In my situation all that's left in this game is to do mind numbingly easy dailies to gather resources to throw into the the honing slot machine. That's about or even less enjoyable than playing a clicker game.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

the panacea posted:

Due to my playing time and personal life not allowing for dedicated raiding I find the current state of the game extremely unfun.
Argos takes ~10 minutes for a p1 group or 18-30 for a p3 group. Valtan & Vykas are per gate with ~10-20 min encounters per gate. The raids in this game are pretty fast and puggable outside of the week or two near when they launch and people are still learning mechanics.

If you have the ilvl you've already done the time consuming part. If you don't have the ilvl, the big honing buff is coming sometime in the next few months probably.

e: I forgot to mention, pretty soon people will sell argos/valtan afk buses for less than the gold reward.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 3, 2022

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

the panacea posted:

The only real progression comes from raids and doing these with pugs is time consuming at best or a complete waste of time and resources if the group folds. The encounters with their 1-shot mechanics require you to find full groups without any space for the average brain dead ARPG pubbie.

Give me something I can do with pugs or solo that will give me 50% of the rewards at a decent challenge.

In my situation all that's left in this game is to do mind numbingly easy dailies to gather resources to throw into the the honing slot machine. That's about or even less enjoyable than playing a clicker game.

You could do argos phase 1 with pugs and keep building that set and hone it. I mean I don’t think there’s an ilvl jump from the argos set to the valtan stuff so just keep honing and when the average pug with zero comms can do that content you can jump in.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Khorne posted:

Argos takes ~10 minutes for a p1 group or 18-30 for a p3 group. Valtan & Vykas are per gate with ~10-20 min encounters per gate. The raids in this game are pretty fast and puggable outside of the week or two near when they launch and people are still learning mechanics.

If you have the ilvl you've already done the time consuming part. If you don't have the ilvl, the big honing buff is coming sometime in the next few months probably.

e: I forgot to mention, pretty soon people will sell argos/valtan afk buses for less than the gold reward.

Um, are you doing pugs with ilevel near entry requirements?

Because I do and this is not even remotely close to my experiences. Even P3 Argos can take close to an hour, if you are unlucky enough and get a few braindead players who spend half of the time on the ground, or repeatedly causing a wipe. Valtan is regularly a multi-hour odyssey and it's still entirely possible that your group won't be able to finish Valtan Gate 2, despite being stuck there for 2+ hours. Vykas is currently a crapshoot, that will hopefully settle in next few weeks, but if you want to go in now, you basically can't predict how long it will take and if you manage to actually clear anything. And that's not even getting into the fact that if you are one of the more popular classes, like Sorceress or Berserker, it can take 10+ minutes to even find a party unless you have perfect stats and engravings, or are like 30+ ilevels above the entry requirements, because there are 10+ other Berserkers/Sorcs on the same ilevel as you spamming every party in the groupfinder.

What you describe are times for smooth, issue-less runs and those can happen, even without static/guild groups, but are very far from something you can reasonably expect when trying to pug a raid.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Lt. Lizard posted:

Um, are you doing pugs with ilevel near entry requirements?
I've almost exclusively pugged argos. I do 3x p3 clears per week on 1370-1385 support alts. I usually organize the groups and will invite anyone 1400+ with 3x3 of useful engravings & correct stats & not missing any major gems.

Valtan, well maybe I will come here whining later in the week once my bard is finally ready for normal. I've only pugged hm & it went great every time so far. I do have a static for hard mode but I missed it a few times due to travel/work and joined party finder groups with players who looked thoughtfully geared.

Vykas should be a disaster this week for sure.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 3, 2022

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Jabor posted:

Party-finder a "learning party", that way you know everyone showing up is actually going to try and learn the mechanics instead of switching their brain off and hoping to be carried.

People literally join "experienced" parties despite not knowing the fight in the hopes of having experienced players do all the hard stuff for them.

Estraysian posted:

Whenever a party says "experienced" or "know mechanics" or anything like that they actually mean "come carry me".

God dammit. I only joined those parties when I am confident in the mechanics I just assumed everyone was doing the same. Welp I guess I'll go find a learning party and help them with mechanics until we beat the boss. I nearly beat the boss on the first night though. We managed to get to enrage with 4 bars left. If everyone survived until the end we could've killed it but some people had to go and the party was disbanded. And the second day the parties I found was pretty bad and third day was even worse. I didn't do first week of Valtan or Argos so I didn't know how that goes. I guess this is what its like to do first week progression on a new boss raid.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea, exp/know mech/alt run parties are only really going to work in normal mode, most people don't have multiple hard mode vykas characters right now. So for most of them it's going to be their first time this week. And at this point most of the good players have already beaten at least gate 1 on hard, so parties still doing that have significantly weaker players to pick from.

Oh and if the party is hitting the enrage at any gate in Vykas the dps is actually awful, so that is not a good sign.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 3, 2022

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Khorne posted:

I've almost exclusively pugged argos. I do 3x p3 clears per week on 1370-1385 support alts. I usually organize the groups and will invite anyone 1400+ with 3x3 of useful engravings & correct stats & not missing any major gems.

Valtan, well maybe I will come here whining later in the week once my bard is finally ready for normal. I've only pugged hm & it went great every time so far. I do have a static for hard mode but I missed it a few times due to travel/work and joined party finder groups with players who looked thoughtfully geared.

Vykas should be a disaster this week for sure.

Yeah, Argos is the most consistent, but despite running it only twice a week, I usually encounter someone that will either cause a wipe, or just bunch of players eating too much damage and spending all the revives (and then dying), at least in one every three or so attempts, so I can't exactly rely on it being done in 30 minutes.

Valtan normal Gate 1 is easy and usually a 10 minutes clear, Valtan normal Gate 2 is the one that varies the most. I had 3 hours long agony without a clear, with a party of people who communicated, were willing to learn, knew the mechanics and were properly geared, I had completely silent parties that cleared it in 30 minutes on second attempt.

Vykas normal is a disaster, Gate 1 took 2 hours, I'm currently on Gate 2 with 8 hours under my belt and no clear. All it takes to completely stop progress is one person who is confused about something and too stubborn to learn and getting a new party only shuffles who that particular person is.

That being said, I am on nighshift/dayshift schedule so I often have free time and try to do raids on odd hours, when there are barely 3-4 parties in the groupfinder, so that might explain my bad luck with pugs. :v:

Still, no matter when, I definitely wouldn't be confident about doing a pug of any of the raids with only around 1 hour of free time,.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I have never had a pug p3 argos take more than 30ish minutes these days, it's extremely rare there is even a single wipe. Most of them are sub 20 cause you inevitably have a couple overgeared dps.

Valtan normal you just have to be more picky about the groups you join, the first couple weeks it was painful but at this point I just join groups of high roster level people on alt runs and it's smooth sailing. If you're sub 100 roster this gets a lot more awkward.

Vykas though yea, pugging week 1 is gonna be painful. Almost everyone is going to be learning the fight for the first time, and a single bad player can wipe the entire raid. Normal you can timestop most of the failures and keep going, but I assume pugs are going to be awful at that also and gently caress up the timing.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I did it I cleared Gate 1! I saw a group called "G1 4x3 engravings" no know mechanics or going for clear or anything in the title and we spent about 3 hours before finally clearing it. We started off just dying constantly to orbs because people can't kite. Everyone was learning so that is fine. But after an hour we had to replace a lot of people who rage quit in frustration from not understanding orbs. But the second wave of people were much better players and they stayed the entire time and we cleared it within two hours without any supports. It was pretty impressive that people stayed the entire time. I just hope my Gate 2 experience goes just as well tomorrow.

On another note its only 4 wings per gate? I was expecting 6 per gate like Valtan. That means we need to kill more bosses to get the same reward.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea 4 wings per gate, ends up being 12 total per week just like Valtan.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Couldn't beat Vykas G2 on Hard and just settled for a Normal clear. :negative:

I think this is the point where not being super good at the game/having optimal accessories is starting to weigh down on me. The G2 Hard Mode felt like it was really tight on damage and that plus getting smacked around for tens of thousands of damage meant I was weighing most teams down. Feels like I could eventually get there, but not for a long time. This first week i'll just take getting to see the full fight for G2 and G3.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 4, 2022

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Velveteen posted:

I did it I cleared Gate 1! I saw a group called "G1 4x3 engravings" no know mechanics or going for clear or anything in the title and we spent about 3 hours before finally clearing it. We started off just dying constantly to orbs because people can't kite. Everyone was learning so that is fine. But after an hour we had to replace a lot of people who rage quit in frustration from not understanding orbs. But the second wave of people were much better players and they stayed the entire time and we cleared it within two hours without any supports. It was pretty impressive that people stayed the entire time. I just hope my Gate 2 experience goes just as well tomorrow.

On another note its only 4 wings per gate? I was expecting 6 per gate like Valtan. That means we need to kill more bosses to get the same reward.

I dunno if it's the same for every set but I need more valtan thingies because the weapon takes 25 of them to craft.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Every set has a different balance of which and how many pieces come from each boss.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Was able to make it back to a Vykas group and was able to clear G3 Normal, though honestly if we weren't all super-tired and reset was coming up we could probably have done Hard. DPS threshold was much less tight and it really was all just about learning the mechs.

Looking forward to trying again this week and not having it take the whole week to clear!

EDIT: That danged line from Wei about overcoming Vykas' desire is going to be stuck in my head though.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jul 6, 2022

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I didn't manage to clear Gate 2 Vykas HM last night. Joined a last minute learning party with mostly minilevel and we spent a few hours from the start. The mechanics were not very hard. Definitely easier than gate 1. The attack patterns on the other hand took awhile to get used to. She just hits so hard a single mistake would take the majority of your health. However that wasn't my biggest problem. The problem is she moves so much compared to Morphe. Purple incubus form moves a lot more and hits harder but even then those attacks have pretty obvious patterns so I have plenty of time to cast and drop my spells. I feel like I miss at least half my doomsdays on Vykas and some of my other spells. This really hurt my damage.

That is a big problem because we kept running into enrage. Our group did pretty well except for two people who kept constantly dying. One person can barely make it past 120 bars. The other just recklessly dies now and then for dps. We were basically held back because we constantly were one person down at minimum. At that time it would take too long to leave the raid and recruit someone new and teach them because maintenance was coming. I felt like I was holding back the party as well with Igniter sorceress. It just felt like I wasn't doing my maximum dps because I kept missing my spells and it was pretty frustrating to see the enrage bar pop up. I was using dark grenades whenever the boss was staggered too. Our damage was just unfortunately not there and we disbanded because people had to leave and it was getting close to maintenance and no one was joining the party anymore.

I'll give Vykas raid another try tonight. Hopefully I get some decent groups so I can just sail past gates 1 + 2 and start learning Gate 3.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Weekly reset is a day early this week?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Weekly reset is a day early this week?

It changed to Wednesday last week. It's been on the ticker tape.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea, they wanted to give themselves more time between updates and the weekend in case something breaks with an update. It also aligns the update date with KR. Plus wednesday is a good start to start the week on because there's no field boss / chaos gate / ghost ship to do so you can just get raids done.

Velveteen posted:

I felt like I was holding back the party as well with Igniter sorceress. It just felt like I wasn't doing my maximum dps because I kept missing my spells and it was pretty frustrating to see the enrage bar pop up. I was using dark grenades whenever the boss was staggered too. Our damage was just unfortunately not there and we disbanded because people had to leave and it was getting close to maintenance and no one was joining the party anymore.

Igniter is extremely hard to play on progression bosses, it gets a lot better once you know the patterns but until then you're going to do far less damage than reflux just because of the misses. End of the week groups will always be way worse than start of the week ones though, it's why I make sure to do all of the hardest content ASAP and leave the easy poo poo like Argos until closer to the end of the week.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

This is some bad luck. Joining reclear parties and getting people who clearly have no idea what they are doing and wiping the group. Its pretty pathetic how people would join a reclear party while having absolutely no idea how to do even basic Velganos pizza mechanic or how to dodge the boss in purple Morphe just so they can try and get a free carry out of it.

Mufasa Nigel
Jul 8, 2005

Yea I really feel this boss is gonna wake up the brain dead floor pov players as to whether to carry on playing. You just can't get carried without knowing the mechs.

Banged our collective head against the wall with guildies for 6+ hours over 2 days last week on gate 1, ran it later without the 2 that consistently messed up, finished gate 3 the day after.
Progress was fun and we enjoyed the fight, but without that base knowledge and WANTING to learn it's just a waste of everyone's time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
made a toon on this and shes a beautiful cartoon babe