Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Bloop posted:

Premium isn't just "better" gas anyway

Engines are tuned for different octane levels. Most cars should never use premium

Most cars should never need to use premium. You can use premium all day in a car that's designed for regular, you just won't get any benefit out of it*.

Premium means it has a higher octane rating, which is a measure of how resistant it is to detonating (bad, wrecks engines) instead of burning really fast (how gas engines are supposed to work). High octane gas can be compressed more before it can detonate, which allows the engine to extract more power from the same volume of gas. The downside is, it's almost always more expensive gas, and the engines are usually higher strung.

Low compression engine, high octane premium gas: still burns normally like gas should. Costs you more.

High compression engine, low octane regular gas: KABAM, hundreds of times a second. Creates component-rich exhaust.

However, most modern cars with engines that want premium will limit power in a way that allows you to use regular gas without self-destructing, if you're broke or you just pulled into Buttass Nowhere, WY and they don't have premium. It should say on the gas cap or cover flap or in the owner's manual if you can do this. If you can't find that, don't do it!

*I have an older motorbike that says it's supposed to use regular gas, but because the fuel system wasn't designed for E10, I try to use ethanol-free when I can find it. Where I live that's almost exclusively premium and fewer places carry it every year.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
You can put little a diesel into cars that need premium, as a treat

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

From the previous page, the bottom right examples - Are those colored plastic sheets supposed to go over the flashes? To what purpose? Would that actually have a noticeable effect on the final picture?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah they're called gels

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CzarChasm posted:

From the previous page, the bottom right examples - Are those colored plastic sheets supposed to go over the flashes? To what purpose? Would that actually have a noticeable effect on the final picture?

They're for color balancing your flash. If you use tungsten lighting you want to use a yellow gel, if you are using fluorescent lighting you want blue. Golden hour, yellow, twilight, blue. So on and so forth.

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Or if you've got external flashes you can put purple on one side and cyan on the other for instant cyberpunk.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Wintermutant posted:

Just big fans of team-based gameplay all around

They're big fans of men maxing

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Wow ok, first of all you weren't invited to my (very cool) d&d campaign and 2

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTsdKycVZZ4

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

But... but i do both :sweatdrop:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

shipwrek posted:

Improve your diet.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Whoa whoa whoa why are we throwing D&D under the bus here, there's no correla...

gently caress, every poly person I've known has been into either D&D, or Vampire: The Masquerade.

Literally the whole reason to be poly is to have a regular D&D group, and as a bonus you have more sex.

I don't really see a downside.

You say D&D isn't fun but that's because you don't have a regular group.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

shipwrek posted:

:same:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Jaxyon posted:

Literally the whole reason to be poly is to have a regular D&D group, and as a bonus you have more sex.

no-one said d&d isn't fun

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Jaxyon posted:

I don't really see a downside
dontmakemetapthesign.bmp

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
If you think playing D&D prevents you from having a lot of sex, think about what people would join your D&D group for sex.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I will say my regular DnD group got so much better once we kicked the one poly guy out. For being so free and all poly people can be worse than religious people sometimes for trying to push their beliefs on you.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Jaxyon posted:

*Finishes as fast as possible to have more time for D&D*

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
i put on my robe and wizard hat :q:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I'm have all kinds of kinky sex with my d&d friends in our imaginary campaign

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Jaxyon posted:

Man, I'd love a D&D group. Not sure about the poly though.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Having a polycule to play D&D is too many steps, just have sex using the FATAL system like adults

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Having a polycule to play D&D is too many steps, just have sex using the FATAL system like adults

Roll 3d6 for anal gape

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

Man, I'd love a D&D group. Not sure about the poly though.

It's honestly the only time polyamory has sounded even remotely appealing

Like 🤔 but still nah

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Roll 3d6 for anal gape

Critical fumble

Perineal tear

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Critical fumble

Perineal tear

Critical Fumble, you are now one of Jeff Dunham's puppets.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Pretty sure you're not supposed to kill your sexual partner if you're not a praying mantis

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Critical fumble

Perineal tear

Critical fumbles are reserved for when you roll a D20. 3D6 is for determining damage, so 18 to the rectum is pretty devastating. :goonsay:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The Bloop posted:

It's honestly the only time polyamory has sounded even remotely appealing

Like 🤔 but still nah

It does make it so much easier. I GMed for friends of mine and their SOs and they all lived together so there was no "oh I can't make it today" because like, the only person who had to travel was me and they lived 10 minutes away.

AND they had enough kids to do snack runs, or roleplay as goblins for me.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Jaxyon posted:

lol scheduling with poly people is way more difficult. they cancel plans with about thirty seconds notice if they think they can go gently caress somewhere else

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Android Apocalypse posted:

Critical fumbles are reserved for when you roll a D20. 3D6 is for determining damage, so 18 to the rectum is pretty devastating. :goonsay:

My esteem of the damage done to oneself after critically fumbling an attempt to gape their b-hole stands

:smugbert:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

BonHair posted:

It was the Australian PM with this choice quote:

Random source

Before he was PM, that guy was our Minister for Communication, too. :cripes:

And he wasn't even that big a fuckwit compared to the PMs before and after him

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

CPColin posted:

You can put little a diesel into cars that need premium, as a treat

if you dont like your engines internals staying internal, sure.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Their cover of that Johnny Cash song is just a mirror universe cover of the rickroll.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

The Anime Liker posted:

Their cover of that Johnny Cash song is just a mirror universe cover of the rickroll.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
ecomony

stonks

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

The Anime Liker posted:

That's bait dot gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.