Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

onefunkynote posted:

Let me get them Blood and Guts takes. I need them.

https://twitter.com/bernardomayne/status/1542322012818915328

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I also love this idea that AEW letting a wrestler's contract expire or even offering them a new deal that the wrestler declines is somehow far worse for everyone involved than the WWE system where any given moment of any given day you might get a company-wide text that just lists the people that are fired immediately in the most impersonal way possible.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i swear i also saw a report that angels is going to continue to do per-appearance deals for aew so he's not even gone

and even if that wasn't true, he's 24 and could easily return to the company in the future after doing some indies runs (or go to japan??)

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

flatluigi posted:

i swear i also saw a report that angels is going to continue to do per-appearance deals for aew so he's not even gone

and even if that wasn't true, he's 24 and could easily return to the company in the future after doing some indies runs (or go to japan??)

He was told they weren’t renewing and declined a per appearance deal because he wants to make a name for himself on the indies. It’s a pretty smart move on his part.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This is literally how wrestling used to work all the time. Guys sign contracts, those contracts run out, they go somewhere else. Maybe they come back, maybe they don't, but it's not the end of the world. This new mindset is another byproduct of WWE's US hegemony, where guys sign there and just stay there forever, until you look up and Dolph Ziggler is on his 16th Royal Rumble appearance.

Here's my spicy take: guys should leave AEW. They should leave and come back and then leave again, because talent movement is good for the industry.

Benne fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 30, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't think anyone would know if he declined a pay per appearance deal besides him. likje if he was the source on that. it's not like you are still signed to aew but only get paid when you appear. it's the same thing as booking dates anywhere.

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

Mmmm yes, Claudio looking like he's having the time of his life definitely gives me vibes of him hating AEW.

MORE

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Cavauro posted:

i don't think anyone would know if he declined a pay per appearance deal besides him. likje if he was the source on that. it's not like you are still signed to aew but only get paid when you appear. it's the same thing as booking dates anywhere.

He was the source on that. Sean Ross Sapp did an interview with him and Angels said he wanted to focus on an indies run over the pay-per-appearance opportunity they offered him. Alvarez/F4W was the original source saying Angels would do per-appearance stuff after his contract expired, and although that guy can be funny as a radio host he does not seem to be a very reliable reporter

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

onefunkynote posted:

Mmmm yes, Claudio looking like he's having the time of his life definitely gives me vibes of him hating AEW.

MORE

Is this the world record speedrun for "Well this *newly signed talent* is OBVIOUSLY miserable here and can't wait to jump back to WWE" takes?

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

Drakkel posted:

Is this the world record speedrun for "Well this *newly signed talent* is OBVIOUSLY miserable here and can't wait to jump back to WWE" takes?

I can't think of anyone else that it happened with faster.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

xbilkis posted:

He was the source on that. Sean Ross Sapp did an interview with him and Angels said he wanted to focus on an indies run over the pay-per-appearance opportunity they offered him. Alvarez/F4W was the original source saying Angels would do per-appearance stuff after his contract expired, and although that guy can be funny as a radio host he does not seem to be a very reliable reporter

well i had read that he talked about that stuff in an interview, on here. so i decided to not commit that to my understanding of the situation at all even a little bit, without thinking about it. a wrestler turning down the concept of making it possible to book appearances? doesn't make any sense to me. so that supersedes anything else. so think about that stuff, next time you're going to bother pointing out stuff to my rear end

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

onefunkynote posted:

Let me get them Blood and Guts takes. I need them.

https://twitter.com/frank109/status/1542334111167266816?t=Q09lm8bVlNLtNjssxvbkFA&s=19

https://twitter.com/Knive_45/status/1542331211347099649?t=ttRFAAoNw881anfT8Wg5hQ&s=19

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:claudio shrugs on a tv camera spot: bruh has no idea what hes doing here, crying laughing emoji

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Benne posted:

This is literally how wrestling used to work all the time. Guys sign contracts, those contracts run out, they go somewhere else. Maybe they come back, maybe they don't, but it's not the end of the world. This new mindset is another byproduct of WWE's US hegemony, where guys sign there and just stay there forever, until you look up and Dolph Ziggler is on his 16th Royal Rumble appearance.

Here's my spicy take: guys should leave AEW. They should leave and come back and then leave again, because talent movement is good for the industry.

Would be cool as hell to see Alan in like Dragon Gate or AAA ngl

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

The first two points are actually correct. How the hell do you gently caress up Ruby's name after almost a year? And I rolled my eyes painfully at "jezebel".

I didn't hear anyone refer to Claudio as Cesaro though but if that happened then lmfao what are they even doing?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

These days, DG doesn't want temporary excursions because they don't want to be seen as someone's developmental promotion. If anyone's going to come in from outside, DG wants it to be their long-term destination.

So GLEAT or DDT might be more likely, though I could see him fitting into Bullet Club.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Elephant Ambush posted:

The first two points are actually correct. How the hell do you gently caress up Ruby's name after almost a year? And I rolled my eyes painfully at "jezebel".

I didn't hear anyone refer to Claudio as Cesaro though but if that happened then lmfao what are they even doing?

I think someone said Cesaro

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it Don't matter

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Elephant Ambush posted:

And I rolled my eyes painfully at "jezebel".
Yeah this one seriously loving sucks.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lid posted:

I think someone said Cesaro

"Someone"

:bahgawd:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

simply pretend JR is saying jizz balls. or jezza (nickname for jeremy or other) be yule

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Get Vlan on the Dragon Gate PEDs, make him huge

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Vlan gonna be all about that Midbreath life.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Get Vlan on the Dragon Gate PEDs, make him huge

Alan coming back bigger than all of the DO and bullying them on BTE would be a thing I'd not see coming.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

"Someone"

:bahgawd:

yeah, haven't seen the match yet, but I feel like these commentary criticisms are directly attributable to the fact that JR is old and is on the record about how he wants to die at the commentary desk

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Evil Uno totally BURIED Stu by not publicly wishing him well. Is there heat?
https://twitter.com/Necroeric/status/1541871021136945154?s=20&t=b5ozdl0o3Z5JlrP3vXWLjA
https://twitter.com/stu_dos/status/1541928644091809795?s=20&t=b5ozdl0o3Z5JlrP3vXWLjA
Oh, I guess not.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

But why do I keep insisting that there is, huh?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm 100% sure evil uno did wish him well on twitter and say how amazing he is anyway

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Endless Mike posted:

Evil Uno totally BURIED Stu by not publicly wishing him well. Is there heat?

https://twitter.com/stu_dos/status/1541928644091809795?s=20&t=b5ozdl0o3Z5JlrP3vXWLjA

We don't need a public statement but Evil Uno is a goddamn coward for not issuing a public statement, even though he actually did and I'm just ignoring it.

AEW is a mess!

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/thelouisdangoor/status/1542423905415188480?s=21&t=EHBtrQzrqnWafAsnlQU68Q

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i think he meant to post pics of himself

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Benne posted:

I could see like a dozen of aew's undercard talent leave over the course of the next year, so I hope they'll get paid for having been on tv. The ideal feedback loop is aew is good --> aew makes wrestling more popular again --> fans go out to support the indies through streaming or their local indy through attendance --> indy has aew/former aew talent --> indie promotion gets more money --> aew/former aew talent get a little bit more money --> have the money to keep gaining experience to be booked better/go back to aew or other big name wrestling company. The biggest leap in that cycle is for the aew fan to expand their horizons and monetarily support other smaller wrestling companies if one of their faves is no longer at a national-level promotion cena's either on the same stuff WALTER gunther is on or, more plausibly, the same guy is touching up their pics in photoshop

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cena is absolutely on the best stuff money can buy you.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1542571691758522369

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
fatal? we can only hope

(this is a joke, i do not want anyone to die or get hurt)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

why is he comparing John Cena to Jim Varney :confused:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i was also going to make a jim varney joke but didn't know if i was the only one who saw it

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

rotinaj posted:

Of course he hated it, he likes wrestling

No better way to kill a love for wrestling than to work for vince

Cant fault the guy, he said specifically that he got the chance to live his dream and work for wwe, it wasnt for him, but he got to do it

Dude lives a weeeeeirdly charmed life

He said he HATED his time there. He was hired specifically to come up with new podcast and web show ideas, and then literally zero of his ideas ever went beyond landing on Vince's desk and getting immediately rejected. And some of them sounded like can't miss pure gold hits. Meanwhile the higher ups kept making deals with complete morons who came to Dan with ideas like "hey our research shows that colour runs are popular with the New Day's demographics, so maybe the New Day guys could do a colour run and stream themselves doing it and interact with the audience to drive engagement", and everyone was completely baffled because the ideas didn't make a loving bit of sense and were just some marketing bros slapping together buzzwords they heard somewhere.

Towards the end of his time there they weren't even recording new episodes of existing podcasts because the WWE didn't care and were just happy running reruns and best of episodes to fulfill contractual obligations with advertisers.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

He said he HATED his time there. He was hired specifically to come up with new podcast and web show ideas, and then literally zero of his ideas ever went beyond landing on Vince's desk and getting immediately rejected. And some of them sounded like can't miss pure gold hits. Meanwhile the higher ups kept making deals with complete morons who came to Dan with ideas like "hey our research shows that colour runs are popular with the New Day's demographics, so maybe the New Day guys could do a colour run and stream themselves doing it and interact with the audience to drive engagement", and everyone was completely baffled because the ideas didn't make a loving bit of sense and were just some marketing bros slapping together buzzwords they heard somewhere.

Towards the end of his time there they weren't even recording new episodes of existing podcasts because the WWE didn't care and were just happy running reruns and best of episodes to fulfill contractual obligations with advertisers.

This all tracks perfectly, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1244377865208180737?s=20&t=LJxwWLnuP4TkhJAz6GoCPg

hosed up that AEW allows Stu to just walk into people's homes to beat their platformers