Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I’m even more confused about Sound Voltex than I was FNAF. I don’t really know how big the community is but it doesn’t seem like the kind of game that would motivate people to donate to that extent. Good luck to them though, hope they make the goal and have a good run!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
rhythm game people are big nuts and yeah SDVX is a popular one right now

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Prop Wash posted:

I’m even more confused about Sound Voltex than I was FNAF. I don’t really know how big the community is but it doesn’t seem like the kind of game that would motivate people to donate to that extent. Good luck to them though, hope they make the goal and have a good run!

hell i am not even convinced they meet the 20k for the stepmania incentive and that game is way more well known

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm looking forward to the stepmania showcase tonight so I can catch up on the runs I missed on Tuesday

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

well if you wanna try and get people to meet incentives, covert muffin is the announcer you prolly want so we'll see

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I wonder if the situation around chunithm at the recent hotfix event has impacted the amount the rhythm game community is donating this event

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

well if you wanna try and get people to meet incentives, covert muffin is the announcer you prolly want so we'll see

every 10k = one fuwahaha

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SeXReX posted:

I wonder if the situation around chunithm at the recent hotfix event has impacted the amount the rhythm game community is donating this event

Was this the guy who got busted playing a pirated copy of a game on the GDQ stream?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

slime rancher is fuckin dope btw, slime rancher 2 is my most anticipated game right now

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

slime rancher is fuckin dope btw, slime rancher 2 is my most anticipated game right now

it's an insanely adorable looking game, maybe i'll try it out if it's on gamepass

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it is indeed on gamepass play it!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
There's something inherently amusing about people taking relaxing ranch sim type games and turning them in ruthless machines of efficiency to blow through them as quickly as possible.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The rhythm games have been a huge draw for the last 2-3 marathons. I think people may not know what this game is by name and it would be better if they put “Rhythm Game Showcase:” in front but 🤷🏻‍♂️

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

aside from celeste there is not much i particularly care about for the rest of today, but the stretch of games tomorrow starting with chocobo gp and lasting through super mario world is all stuff i am super looking forward to

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Man I really want solar ash. Looks so cool

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

aside from celeste there is not much i particularly care about for the rest of today, but the stretch of games tomorrow starting with chocobo gp and lasting through super mario world is all stuff i am super looking forward to

Yeah I'm in a similar spot except it pretty much goes all the way until elden ring

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I am actually incredibly excited for the next few games today. Its gonna rule

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I'm real curious to see what they do with Rise.

The monster hunter games are a blast and I have thousands of hours in them, so I can appreciate all the weird poo poo they do to speed through stuff.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Solar Ash looks great and this run is cool, but I feel a little bad for the dev. With the pace of the runner's narration, I'm pretty sure she's going to get to say all of two or three sentences over the next hour.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

oh ok, i must have seen something he did at some point because i remember him from the dawn of let's playing which i mostly associate with sa

anyway, super looking forward to slime rancher

He collaborates a lot with ProtonJon and he did begin around 2007

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I am actually incredibly excited for the next few games today. Its gonna rule

:same:

There's usually a surge in donations on Thursday evening but ~160k would be a bit more than normal.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Solar Ash is so stylish, drat

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Kestral posted:

Solar Ash looks great and this run is cool, but I feel a little bad for the dev. With the pace of the runner's narration, I'm pretty sure she's going to get to say all of two or three sentences over the next hour.

Those are the worst. If the dev is on the panel I don't want the speedrunner to explain their tricks. We hear speedrunners explain tricks every run, just let the dev respond to the speedrun and talk about stuff they did while doing dev.

When was the last dev commentator who actually got to speak alot? Battleblock theatre a few years back? They seem to always be squashed by runner/couch commentary.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I thought the Tunic run had a good balance

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Solar Ash is such a cool game. I can't wait for the Hyper Light Drifter sequel.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Agent355 posted:

Those are the worst. If the dev is on the panel I don't want the speedrunner to explain their tricks. We hear speedrunners explain tricks every run, just let the dev respond to the speedrun and talk about stuff they did while doing dev.

When was the last dev commentator who actually got to speak alot? Battleblock theatre a few years back? They seem to always be squashed by runner/couch commentary.

I'm sorry but I still want the speedrunner to explain the tricks. Personally

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Agent355 posted:

How long ago was the Blast Corps run where they had like one of the Rare guys on the phone

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
If you stop working for Rare, are you Common

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Uncommon if you stay in the industry. Common is when you leave the industry to do something else.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Big floppy Monado

Love Sent's bow

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Flesnolk posted:

If you stop working for Rare, are you Common

When Microsoft bought them that was very Common. :v:

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

JethroMcB posted:

Big floppy Monado

I call mine Monado because most humans can't handle it :smug:

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Agent355 posted:

Uncommon if you stay in the industry. Common is when you leave the industry to do something else.

:hmmyes:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The amount of low-sharpness hunting in this run is giving me conniptions. The talent and planning is really impressive though.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

This run reminded me that sunbreak drops today. I totally forgot about that and I had pre-purchased it and everything.

Honestly as excited as I am to go monhun I might put it off until monday just because it's hard to watch GDQ and play an action game like that. I've been doing phoenix point all day instead and that jives pretty well.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

3 and a half hours to raise 155k for this bonus game

it is technically doable, but fhey've only made 15k towards it in the past two and a half hours. not feeling great about its chances.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Struggling to hit incentives seems to be a theme with this GDQ. Struggling economy seems to be htiting hard, I'm not sure if the incentives were set too large or not, I'd have to see it compared to last year's I guess? but oof

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://irc.alligatr.co.uk/agdq-comparison-uplot/

This marathon is still doing great but not hitting the highs as quickly that AGDQ did back in January

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Agent355 posted:

Struggling to hit incentives seems to be a theme with this GDQ. Struggling economy seems to be htiting hard, I'm not sure if the incentives were set too large or not, I'd have to see it compared to last year's I guess? but oof

I skimmed the incentives from AGDQ and SGDQ 2021 yesterday when we thought that one wasn't gonna get met for basically that reason and the incentives are pretty close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

sgdq always runs lower than agdq so that is expected, i think they are just setting some of these incentives too high