Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

christmas boots posted:

I can't find it. Do I need to clear my cookies? :confused:

Log off, that cookies poo poo makes me nervous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Should drop legit in an hour.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
it's up

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Thundercracker posted:

Should drop legit in an hour.

owned

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Previous episode stuff, but jesus don't read the comments under any clips of Hughie/Starlight.

Just so many people praising Hughie's "character growth" and new willingness to "get his hands dirty" and why is Starlight being such a bitch? Is she upset that her "pure" Hughie is growing into something other than her wimpy emotional support? Does she feel threatened by his new strength?

Just :cripes: his toxic masculinity could not be any more obvious, come on guys.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Yeah, I really hope Hughie "dies" only to come back (like Kimiko could) with selective amnesia of ever having dosed himself with V24, and everyone collectively agrees to never remind him.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1542661336324198400

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

jabby posted:

Previous episode stuff, but jesus don't read the comments under any clips of Hughie/Starlight.

Just so many people praising Hughie's "character growth" and new willingness to "get his hands dirty" and why is Starlight being such a bitch? Is she upset that her "pure" Hughie is growing into something other than her wimpy emotional support? Does she feel threatened by his new strength?

Just :cripes: his toxic masculinity could not be any more obvious, come on guys.

next thing you'll be claiming stormfront was a nazi

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
OK, so Black Noir, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

"You might want to, uh, lay off the weed"

"And you might want to gargle my ball sack"

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Thank you thread for being much less lovely this week.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

GD_American posted:

OK, so Black Noir, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

man how did it get even weirder

e: this whole episode is off the god drat rails in the good way. it's like i am doing all of the drugs soldier boy has been doing myself

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 1, 2022

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

lmao'ing at everyone who said there was nothing left to get out of the a-Train story if he lived

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
A Train lives! Thanks to Blue Hawk's donated heart. Oof

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
God I'm so loving happy they didn't use Black Noir's comics storyline.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

jabby posted:

I have zero idea you'll see this in the wild on Youtube or whatever with a big enough platform, but most people think this it's insanely out of character and part of the dumb need to add relationship drama

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Did they imply Noir is a V Zombie???

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

what's black and white and red all over?
im loving dead

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

gently caress what a great episode to hit us with right after Herogasm. god drat every new turn it took was amazing

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Wow I can't believe solider boy [spoler]is gay[/spoiler]

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
Lol holy poo poo at this episode.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

stormfront is definitely his mom, right, and homelander hosed the heck outta his mom

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

Butcher redemption arc incoming?

Phenomenal episode. Ackles continues to be a delight.

I don't feel there's enough time to round out the series with only one episode left, but they've not let us down yet.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

SpaceCommie posted:

Butcher redemption arc incoming?

i think his last scene with huey confirmed no, absolutely not

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

stormfront is definitely his mom, right, and homelander hosed the heck outta his mom

oh for sure drat lol. she went missing in 1979

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

ngl, while i'm excited to see tonight's episode, there's pretty much no way it's gonna be a suitable follow up to herogasm. so much poo poo happened in that episode to make it memorable

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

wait the new episode started already? it's not 8 PM pst yet tho!

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Mr Interweb posted:

ngl, while i'm excited to see tonight's episode, there's pretty much no way it's gonna be a suitable follow up to herogasm. so much poo poo happened in that episode to make it memorable

It's better than herogasm, honestly.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Mat Cauthon posted:

yes i liked it way more

e: both are incredible

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

A-Train getting Blue Hawks heart is played like it’s some terrible moral conundrum for him but it’s really not imo

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

A-Train getting Blue Hawks heart is played like it’s some terrible moral conundrum for him but it’s really not imo

uh i think it's more the weightiness of the metaphor of having the heart of the piece of poo poo racist who paralyzed your brother

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

drunken officeparty posted:

The only thing A-Train is faster at than running is selfish moral justification and cognitive dissonance.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Mat Cauthon posted:

that's a bold statement :monocle:

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

yes i liked it way more

e: both are incredible

Yeah two very amazing hours of television. I legitimately don't know how they wrap this up in the hour and change left in the season, there's too many things coming together and too many wildcards in the mix at this point. Gonna be great though.

Edit: It does seem like we're going to get Vic the Veep in some way, and then some sort of Homelander supe dynasty in S4. They've managed to bring things back to the final set up for the comic plot without a lot of ancillary and gross Ennis poo poo, which is impressive. They also progressed every character's arc loving perfectly, which is a feat in of itself. Nothing felt forced it was very much "this is exactly how that character would respond in that situation".

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jul 1, 2022

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Holy poo poo this show. Every twist and reveal is like "Yeah, that makes perfect sense"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm gonna assume this first scene was the one that Jensen Ackles didn't want to do, but ended up doing anyways.

And I guess that's our explanation for Soldier Boy's chest beam is that it fries the V right out of their system, even if they aren't directly hit. Radiation beam force: I ain't gotta explain poo poo.

Homelander's plan for Maeve :stonklol:

lmao every scene with Soldier Boy and Hughie.

I am surprised(but not really because she's a main character) that Homelander didn't snatch Starlight's phone and then kill her on the spot.

I wonder if Soldier Boy was telling the truth about letting Homelander take the spotlight. Gonna assume he was lying but who knows. I can see it going either way. Either trick him into a trap or sincerely return to the public spotlight as a father son duo.

This episode was hilarious. The Deep's scenes, Homelander milking the cow, Black Noir's cartoon friends, A-Train's twist. There was also good stuff in it too like Butcher's nightmare. Also the parallel between Soldier Boy and Homelander smacking Hughie / Victoria for telling them the truth.

That DICK! posted:

i think his last scene with huey confirmed no, absolutely not

:agreed:

Aye Doc posted:

That DICK! posted:

oh for sure drat lol. she went missing in 1979
Then why would Vogelbaum have him nut into a cup? I can absolutely believe that he used some of her eggs though. So he's still a motherfucker, in a less direct way :v:

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
That Dave Eggers joke is such a deep cut lol.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Then why would Vogelbaum have him nut into a cup? I can absolutely believe that he used some of her eggs though. So he's still a motherfucker, in a less direct way :v:

just dumped the sperm in 'er, didn't need em to nut in nobody that way. could do whatever they wanted! they even hung a lil lampshade on it earlier with homelander's grand sperm scheme

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Thundercracker posted:

Holy poo poo this show. Every twist and reveal is like "Yeah, that makes perfect sense"

Seriously. I cannot wait for the finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Given that Soldier Boy and Stormfront started Herogasm in the 60s (?) it might have been a fakeout by Vogelbaum. Soldier Boy hates Nazis but not enough to not gently caress one apparently.