Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Yeah, the numbers are still higher than anything other than AGDQ22. I imagine they expected they could set the incentives pretty high because of last time.

I suppose a literal war that upended the whole world has a little bit of an impact, but it's not like this isn't bringing in donations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

sgdq always runs lower than agdq so that is expected, i think they are just setting some of these incentives too high

They are 150k above last SGDQ for a more apples to apples comparison.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Cool run, would've liked to see a run where they weren't endlessly overgeared but w/e.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

there we go they missed that incentive by like 2k

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Grondoth posted:

Yeah, the numbers are still higher than anything other than AGDQ22. I imagine they expected they could set the incentives pretty high because of last time.

I suppose a literal war that upended the whole world has a little bit of an impact, but it's not like this isn't bringing in donations.

I get the sense that they set the big incentives ~10-25% higher each year. Or at least that's what looking at incentives from the last couple of years makes it look like. Also there's things where they clearly misjudged interest like FNAF.

Also 1 million, impressive.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
$1,000,000! Let’s goooooo!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Beasteh posted:

there we go they missed that incentive by like 2k

Was that an incentive or just a challenge to hit 1 million by the end of the run?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
He was just challenging the audience

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i am pretty sure they are gonna need to do some schedule shenaniganes for this bonus game like they did for fnaf

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

sgdq always runs lower than agdq so that is expected, i think they are just setting some of these incentives too high

the last seven years with full data (there's no agdq15 on that chart posted a few posts earlier) they're at a 4-3 split

agree on the incentives though

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Agent355 posted:

Cool run, would've liked to see a run where they weren't endlessly overgeared but w/e.

You think you want this but you probably don't. There's a lot of tedium and luck involved in any route where you have to procure gear and the hunts go on way longer, which also means more opportunities for rotten luck.

You might enjoy some of the longer-tail runs, like allmother%.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

spootybiscuit being interviewed through a security camera

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

mmmmmm hot mic

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmfao muffin

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The hot mic ahahahaha

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

words words words

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

mmmmmm hot mic

I thought I had video playing in another tab lol

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

You think you want this but you probably don't. There's a lot of tedium and luck involved in any route where you have to procure gear and the hunts go on way longer, which also means more opportunities for rotten luck.

You might enjoy some of the longer-tail runs, like allmother%.

Yeah I mean more like, grab rank 7 gear and go through everything. You'd still crush all the early stuff but at least the later fights would be more fair.

I don't wanna watch somebody have to grind to get the right drops to craft a weapon/armor, but there are fights in the game that you can't really out gear as much.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I thought I was losing my mind hearing words words words during this interview until the volume got raised up wtf.

Also that dorm room they are gonna dance in is about to get incredibly sweaty.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

I got back home during the dance pad interview and the runner for Metal Gear Rising has a fun air, let's see how this plays out.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Nice to hear the audience in the background with the runner streaming remotely.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Was there some big delay or are they just accounting for other regions with the schedule ending at 6am on Sunday?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Oxyclean posted:

Was there some big delay or are they just accounting for other regions with the schedule ending at 6am on Sunday?

GDQ often experiences entropy

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Button mashing on the mouse :lmao:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

This dude literally just games by candlelight.

Just vibing.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
They better crank up the music for this game because there’s some absolute bangers here.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
LOL "Platinum USED to be known for spectacle"

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Not sure why they think people care about Sound Voltex enough to make it an incentive for over $100k Though, I am also pretty sure there are emergency donors that will cover whatever is remaining when it comes down to it. Has an incentive bonus game not been met and skipped before?

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Huh this OOB tech looks really similar to Nier, it's a lotta fun to watch.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

AFAIK incentives have been missed but never a bonus game.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

poemdexter posted:

They better crank up the music for this game because there’s some absolute bangers here.

RULES OF NATURE

what a great game MGR is

I understand this is a speedrun but it does make me sad we don't get to see Raiden's idea of going undercover in Mexico

https://twitter.com/platinumgames/status/538995894192852992

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Agent355 posted:

AFAIK incentives have been missed but never a bonus game.

They did end up having to rearrange the schedule for that thoroughly mediocre Five Night's at Freddy's game, which was a lot of trouble to go through for not a lot of payoff.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm liking the run but I wished they dulled the runner's audio a bit cuz the CLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAK is getting in the way of the awesome music

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Oh good they noticed that they stopped the timer

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ApeHawk posted:

now, in fairness, babylon's fall was indeed a spectacle in the same vein as the hindenberg exploding

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ApeHawk posted:

astral chain was pretty good smh

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I thought they knocked out the Blade Wolf incentive like hours ago

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

this guy oozes charisma as a runner.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

it's still kinda weird to me how platinum's made a bunch of genuinely excellent games - mostly a mix of solid AAA and midshelf stuff - but they're teetering on the precipice of insolvency, especially after babylon's fall got railroaded into a live service model that made it DOA

if they hadn't gotten nier: automata they'd probably be out of business by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Photex posted:

this guy oozes charisma as a runner.

You should check out his DMC4 run from a few marathons ago