Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Screaming Idiot posted:

But it's no dicktit hermaphrodragon, and therefore inferior.

Why you gotta call me out like that? :(

So is it just red because it's new? I know beans about tats. Pardon my ignorance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

knuthgrush posted:

Why you gotta call me out like that? :(

So is it just red because it's new? I know beans about tats. Pardon my ignorance.

Yeah, fresh tattoos will be a lil red, you just irritated the gently caress outta the skin. If it starts getting bumpy and darker red is when there's a problem.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yes, skin that has been poked by a bunch of needles a hojillion times, even if it's only a mm or two deep, tends to get very angry and red.

Oh, and itchy, usually for days on end. That is it's real revenge against you for subjecting it to a tattoo machine.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

whypick1 posted:

Yes, skin that has been poked by a bunch of needles a hojillion times, even if it's only a mm or two deep, tends to get very angry and red.

Oh, and itchy, usually for days on end. That is it's real revenge against you for subjecting it to a tattoo machine.

Or use Saniderm and never experience a single itch!

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

END OF AN ERROR posted:

This hasn't been my experience.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

END OF AN ERROR posted:

Uh this is not true in the least. I'm on day 3 after Tegaderm and itching. I've itched every tattoo, regardless of healing method.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I wouldn't mind having a Darksign tattoo, but I'd focus on the fire rather than the bleeding hole of dark pus.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

END OF AN ERROR posted:

Beaten but this…is not a thing, from my experience. It’ll still itch plenty but the -derm wrap will allow you to rub it some so you don’t lose your mind.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Found the person with CIPA

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
it’s a “good video game tattoo” which is exceedingly faint praise

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Beaten but this…is not a thing, from my experience. It’ll still itch plenty but the -derm wrap will allow you to rub it some so you don’t lose your mind.

Back of the fingernails draggy scratches forever

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I've used derm 2/2 and was another person who didn't experience any real itchiness which kinda shocked me. I wonder if I didn't use derm if I would, but I love that stuff and have no intention of healing any other way in the future.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

This is a bit weird.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

lobsterminator posted:

This is a bit weird.

Goes to the doctor. Nurses start screening for abuse. Explains its a tattoo. Nurses keep screening for abuse.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Maybe I’ve been super lucky with my Saniderm, then? Full disclosure, I use an Amazon knock off brand because actual Saniderm gave me a horrible rash.

BUT, I’ve now had a full sleeve and a half sleeve/half chest done, used knock off Saniderm, followed the proper directions, and it never itched. Like, at all.

Put first piece on immediately after tattoo
Remove first piece in shower after 24 hours, gently clean with Dial soap, let air dry
Put new piece on after air drying
Leave 2nd piece on for 6 days
Remove 2nd piece, healed tattoo with no other care required.

I do still use Aveeno a few times a day for a few weeks after removing the 2nd piece.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I wish I was you! I always end up taking the derm off because the Itch has gotten bad and my favourite way to deal with the Itch is have a hot shower and then moisturise it, which obviously doesn't work with derm on.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

lobsterminator posted:

This is a bit weird.

It’s all the rage, IG just insisted I see some artist doing their own knee 😒

I guess it’ll fade and look worse, then have to be blasted over or blacked out. :shrug:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I spent today painting a fence and my hand looks like I murdered someone and now I have learned that this is a fashion statement.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Take a picture and get it tattooed in that spot after it heals. You know, for posterity. You’ll always remember that fence and how you painted it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

END OF AN ERROR posted:

Maybe I’ve been super lucky with my Saniderm, then? Full disclosure, I use an Amazon knock off brand because actual Saniderm gave me a horrible rash.

BUT, I’ve now had a full sleeve and a half sleeve/half chest done, used knock off Saniderm, followed the proper directions, and it never itched. Like, at all.

Put first piece on immediately after tattoo
Remove first piece in shower after 24 hours, gently clean with Dial soap, let air dry
Put new piece on after air drying
Leave 2nd piece on for 6 days
Remove 2nd piece, healed tattoo with no other care required.

I do still use Aveeno a few times a day for a few weeks after removing the 2nd piece.

The itching has absolutely nothing to do with whether you’re using any kind of *derm and isn’t even specifically related to being tattooed, it’s a byproduct of your body healing any kind of wound.

Cuts and scrapes itch in exactly the same way except they usually aren’t over as broad an area so it’s not as irritating or noticeable.

Your lack of itchiness just means you’re some kind of freak.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I wish I didn't itch after a tattoo! Also goddamn at keeping *derm on for like 6 days! I guess wrapping my whole arm is a bit different but I'd probably welcome my arm falling off if I kept it on for that long, lol.

In other news,

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Johnny Truant posted:

I wish I didn't itch after a tattoo! Also goddamn at keeping *derm on for like 6 days! I guess wrapping my whole arm is a bit different but I'd probably welcome my arm falling off if I kept it on for that long, lol.

In other news,

lmao Junji Ito rules but this... eh. I guess it's fine.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
:ohdear: From the thumbnail (and presumably from a distance), I thought they had gotten bugs (specifically roaches) tattooed on themselves, like the roach dress from Hairspray.

I think it's a cool idea, but....maybe make them bigger?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, I also thought bugs at first, and even after zooming in thought it was some kind of Benadryl-addict shadow man thing? I love Junji Ito, but Amigara Fault was absolutely not my first guess.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

In other news,

Would've been cooler if it had been a bunch of Cerne Abbas Giants

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I got it right away, what do I win?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

They should've been bigger and also not tattooed on a body.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Snowy posted:

A custom hole, made just for you! :getin:

Antivehicular posted:

Benadryl-addict shadow man thing?

Well, I learned something new today! :stare:

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

They should've been bigger an also not tattooed on a body.

- Me, looking at those dragon titties from upthread.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, I also thought bugs at first, and even after zooming in thought it was some kind of Benadryl-addict shadow man thing? I love Junji Ito, but Amigara Fault was absolutely not my first guess.
After bugs, my brain went to WTC jumpers for some reason. It's like a ink blot test of tattoos and I don't think I did too well.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Knormal posted:

After bugs, my brain went to WTC jumpers for some reason. It's like a ink blot test of tattoos and I don't think I did too well.

You were probably thinking of this one:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

In other news,

This is only acceptable if the opposite side has the stretched out noodle holes.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Snowy posted:

Regret?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Johnny Truant posted:

In other news,

Instagram keeps showing me this and I wish they wouldn't.

Worse than itching for me was when I got a tattoo circumferentially around my upper arm and the next day it was so swollen it almost felt floppy like jelly.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
oh jesus christ

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I'm pretty sure Jesus had nothing to do with that

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Went perusing for local shops again. Found this one, posting in this thread for obvious reasons.

Those ships all appear to be the same size and about to crash into each other, forming a giant bruise on this person's arm

These two pain me because I also have an hourglass tattoo (same location as the first even), except mine doesn't suck

IM I'm certain I never want to talk to this person for any reason

I get that time is a theme here, but drat does this look so old already

And apparently they're they're trying to give a brand name to their sessions (that a certain clothing company might take offense to)? All I know is that reading this pissed me off so I'm making all of you do the same

And finally, a palate cleanser. I thought this was clever idea and decently executed.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

incredible, bottom text

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Relyssa posted:

This is only acceptable if the opposite side has the stretched out noodle holes.

I was going to post that yes, needs the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

whypick1 posted:

Went perusing for local shops again. Found this one, posting in this thread for obvious reasons.

Those ships all appear to be the same size and about to crash into each other, forming a giant bruise on this person's arm

As someone in the process of getting a Star Wars sleeve it blows my mind every time I see someone with a bunch of generic space/stars filler. There is way too much stuff in the SW universe to ever need generic rear end poo poo like that.

Like a third of that tatt is just a space bruise.