Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Agent355 posted:

Yeah we're like 5 hours behind so celeste was supposed to be a nice 8pm run.

As a key figure in the Celeste Speedrun community, they moved it to 'real sexrex hours'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

how can you possibly play this poo poo blind and do this well sweet gently caress

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yep noticed that like RIGHT after I posted, alright now I'm getting it

This is already entering visual info overload for me

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Nemo2342 posted:

We're getting our 200k worth.

Certainly beats FNAF

Return of B

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
B

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BEEEEEEEES

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

I appreciate that GDQ continues to find not-technically-speedrunning segments of "wow look at this little dude go"

it's like looking across an arcade and seeing someone going hog wild on a DDR machine, but, yknow, different flavors

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I'm so glad Japan is still making arcade games that are like controlling an insane futuristic spaceship.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Dude missed a single note in all of that, and only wasn't perfectly on beat like 15 times.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The sounds of the clacking buttons is very satisfying to me as a mechanical keyboard owner.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

wait this motherfucker is going to go for and hour and twenty minutes?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Agent355 posted:

How do you even play a game so much and have a track you haven't played?

Well, it was a blind play on the 17 chart for that song. I can almost guarantee this player has played the 19 chart for that song which is similar but exponentially more difficult probably dozens if not hundreds of times as it is one of the most notorious songs in the game.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

wait this motherfucker is going to go for and hour and twenty minutes?

I mean... He's not wailing on a washing machine so I think he'll hold up pretty well

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Okay but double the number of buttons and make 2 people share the washing machine..

Nemo2342 posted:

The sounds of the clacking buttons is very satisfying to me as a mechanical keyboard owner.

Big same, it's basically ASMR.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

MadHat posted:

I assume the absurd hi jump glitch is one of the restricted?

yeah, no super high jumps or clear sequence breaks, not that you'd necessarily want to since you have to collect all the exploration items in a level anyways

i think the only real glitch of note that i've seen is this tech with fast precision bolt cycling where you shoot and then immediately melee to reset the precision bolt timer so you can hammer out 2 shots a second and mulch through a lot of enemies

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Watching people play rhythm games has convinced me that I share this planet with superhumans.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
holy loving poo poo this game. it's a masochistic piano player's dream

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Nemo2342 posted:

Watching people play rhythm games has convinced me that I share this planet with superhumans.

This is what we'd become without a profit motive. Just masters of whatever the gently caress we felt like.

Not me though, I'd become a woodland sprite.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 1, 2022

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I worry for the sanity of the people that make and play this game

edit: that costume change was SICK tho

CharlestonJew fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jul 1, 2022

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
now the game is going out of bounds

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
CLOWN MODE ACTIVATE

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Cosplay%

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Honk honk

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

lol he brought a horn

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
honk honk

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

The loving number of single miss tracks this guy is doing is insane.

Merv Burger
Jan 3, 2008

beer gas canister posted:

holy loving poo poo this game. it's a masochistic piano player's dream

No, that's Nostalgia.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
This can't be that hard, just need to practice this until it is muscle memory. /s

People sight read this, wtf, this poo poo is crazy. Even with years of practice, if you ever lose your spot, it looks like it is impossible to recover.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Yeah like. I'm an avid rhythm game player and I will say that nobody is memorizing tracks. It just doesn't happen.

You turn your brain into a blob of bacon grease that translates colored skittles into muscle movement. Believe them when they say that even after a hundred times of playing a track you're still sight reading it. You might recognize the patterns and have better practice creating that mechanical movement with your hands, but you don't just memorize the order of notes in the track.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Sound Voltex is probably the rhythm game that takes the most memorization, at least of the ones i've played. As low as 17s and 18s you have patterns you will 100% miss the first time you see them. You don't have to memorize the exact notes, but you need to remember that x section is coming up and must be dealt with in y way. I assume at one point he will play 666 later in this set, and there is an example at the end of the song where there is a section of 3 button jackhammers that need to be hit with 2 hands.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

And this part is just a lot going on.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Just stringing together all these 990+

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the way i know these rhythm games are impressive is that i can never tell what the gently caress is happening

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Sudden BPM drop to nothing.

RUDE

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
This game contains flashing lights.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hail satan

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Worth 200k IMO. Glad it was hit. Probably still set optimistically high but at least it's a great time.

lol FNAF

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
I can feel this in my wrists, oh god this guy is going on disability within five years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I want to see this guy play hungry hungry hippos.