Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

cruft posted:

Nothing smells better than freshly painted herbs.

scented wall paint, sort of like those magic markers, would be pretty cool

except it might make you hungry all the time

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Ugh I do not feel great so I guess I'm gonna pig out on fast food

xcheopis

Manifisto posted:

scented wall paint, sort of like those magic markers, would be pretty cool

except it might make you hungry all the time

That lickable wallpaper from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

ChubbyChecker

from the random waffle thread:

Manifisto

ChubbyChecker posted:

from the random waffle thread:

lol

I realize it is almost certainly not a loss edit yet my brain can't help ceaselessly checking whether it is in fact a loss edit

ty nesamdoom!

xcheopis

I hate that I am slowly losing my spelling skills.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Robot Made of Meat

Tebulot posted:

I have a job interview in an hour, its a cool job, and wish me luck so that I can have the, a cool job

I am sending good thoughts for cool-job-having!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

xcheopis posted:

Orthography, as any other skill, requires constant practice.

I trust that you can do it!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Hyperlynx

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Thanks everyone. He had a great life, he loved it when we moved him out to the country and he got to spend almost half his life that way, just lounging in the sun, hopelessly chasing birds and butterflies, rolling in the dirt like a dog. He was a weird cat, and I still see him in the corner of my eye with his swishy little tail with the bend on the end, the little white diamond of fur on his forehead, his dirty white paws. Chilling under the porch or on his favorite rocking chair, or any opened box or bag.

I miss him a lot, but I'm glad he doesn't hurt anymore, and that I got to know such a chill, personable and loving creature.

He sounds lovely, and so do you for the life you gave him. I'm sorry :(

Would it help if I post more Wolfgang tummy rubs?

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

roomforthetuna posted:

Are... are you saying you liked the US one?

I had more fun watching an episode from some European country where I didn't understand the language and it wasn't subtitled than I had watching the US one.

Also, there was an amateur US one from Minnesota just done by some teenagers filming on a phone or something, and that, too, was less bad than the official US one. (The Minnesotans were reasonably funny, but the lovely sound quality and editing rendered it borderline unwatchable. But that's better than being not funny, like the official US Taskmaster.)

My apologies, I love the original UK production, and I've been meaning to check out the NZ version some time. Didn't have cable when Reggie Watts hosted it, and as much as I like him, I'm disappointed that it wasn't any good.

And I'm wanting to say that somebody has been translating one of the non-anglophone versions out of Europe.

...Or am I misremembering that for the Belgian version of The Mole?

Hell, lemme check something and I'll be right back...

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
oh boy I found this thread again just in time for taskmaster chat

NZ season 1 is a little awkward - the contestants don't really gel and everyone's clearly getting used to the concept.

NZ season 2 is one of the best taskmaster seasons.

NZ season 3 starts in a couple weeks and I am very excited.

The official Taskmaster channel has a few seasons of the Norwegian version, but the subtitles, at least last time I checked, were kinda hosed (they replaced all 'ok's with 'okay', even the ones at the end of words like 'look', whoops).

Tebulot

im hip now bois

okay i think i did pretty good in the interview

thanks for your lucks, i'm keeping them in jars with airholes

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

And I'm wanting to say that somebody has been translating one of the non-anglophone versions out of Europe.
Yes, there are subtitles for many of the non-English ones now. Portugal got good, proper, human-written translations for the first half of the season, then bad computer generated translations for the rest. (Based on the first episode though, Portugal wasn't very funny. Not *as* bad as the USA, but leaning the same way, with the main concept of humor being to say penis or butt, and the tasks mostly being just exact copies of ones that have been done before - ironically including one of the ones that I think was actually a USA original!)

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

xcheopis posted:

Play wordle daily. I was always a crap speller. That improved my spelling so less right clicking for spell check. I don't think I've played it in like 4 months but maybe see if you can find some time to do that on your phone every morning. My first few took a bit but after like a week it only took like 3-5 minutes for the daily. If you get stuck nothing wrong with using it as a chance to increase your vocabulary and search a dictionary for every remaining valid word. Instead of giving up and taking the loss use it as a chance to improve and eventually you wont need to.

sig by owlhawk911

Manifisto

good mungo folks and happy july! for those who celebrate july, which I do, as a julyvian.

ty nesamdoom!

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Manifisto posted:

good mungo folks and happy july! for those who celebrate july, which I do, as a julyvian.

nice

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Manifisto posted:

You lie! As they pronounce it in Spain.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

good morning orbs my strep throat feels much better today

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

antibiotics are officially byob and good

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
antibyobics

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Leraika posted:

antibyobics

thats what i said

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
today is something like my 14th Canada Day in Canada but it's my first Canada Day as an actual Canadian citizen :canada:

so that's pretty cool

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

cruft

Dr. Honked posted:

today is something like my 14th Canada Day in Canada but it's my first Canada Day as an actual Canadian citizen :canada:

so that's pretty cool

Today is my second Canada Day in Canada as a non-Canadian citizen.

I had my first bilingual conversation with a stranger yesterday. Apparently that's pretty common here. It was fun.

Goons Are Gifts

I have to admit this is my 26th Canada day outside of Canada without being a Canadian citizen but I still hope that you guys have plenty of Marple syrup and a fun ski session with the local bear population

i assume this is how Canada works tbh

xcheopis

Goons Are Great posted:

I have to admit this is my 26th Canada day outside of Canada without being a Canadian citizen but I still hope that you guys have plenty of Marple syrup and a fun ski session with the local bear population

i assume this is how Canada works tbh

http://www.harkavagrant.com/?id=250

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I will always love the phrase "got all hosed up on hockey"

xcheopis

Zil posted:

I will always love the phrase "got all hosed up on hockey"

Same

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

roomforthetuna posted:

You lie! As they pronounce it in Spain.

It's more like 'Who lie?'

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

ulvir

make Bwee mod

cruft

ulvir posted:

make Bwee mod

WB ulvir

What's new?

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"people who ride horses are called 'cowboys.' people who ride cows are called 'horseboys.'

that has nothing to do with the current contest, it was just an interesting observation."

pixaal

what if I drive a bulld?

sig by owlhawk911

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

pixaal posted:

what if I drive a bulld?

you're a bullyboy

pixaal

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

you're a bullyboy

so the killdozer driver was a bully? This makes so much sense

cruft

Ungulate

Chicken Thumbs

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
A friend gave me some fresh garden peas a couple of months ago and I put them in the fridge and forgot about them because I'm not huge into peas. I found them today and instead of being rotty they were all sprouted, so I stuck them in dirt and will grow them out to give back to my friend. It's the Circle of Peas.

Finger Prince

Chicken Thumbs posted:

A friend gave me some fresh garden peas a couple of months ago and I put them in the fridge and forgot about them because I'm not huge into peas. I found them today and instead of being rotty they were all sprouted, so I stuck them in dirt and will grow them out to give back to my friend. It's the Circle of Peas.

So, all you are saying, is give peas a chance?

ChubbyChecker

Finger Prince posted:

So, all you are saying, is give peas a chance?

more falafel please

forums poster

gosh, she's doing a bunch of cool stuff now and i know poo poo that happened in her family really jacked her up, but boy do i ever miss regular kate beaton comics. she's got such a great comedic voice

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

more falafel please posted:

gosh, she's doing a bunch of cool stuff now and i know poo poo that happened in her family really jacked her up, but boy do i ever miss regular kate beaton comics. she's got such a great comedic voice

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=266
"gently caress's sake, what a cock"