Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I've been trying to figure out how much upgrading I should be doing this late in the patch. I've pretty much just been playing tank and aiming classes in 90 content, and have both around 590 with a mixture of Panthean, Augmented Classical, and some Augmented Radiant gear. Is it worth spending to upgrade from 590 to 600 this late, or should I be banking stones and upgrade mats for 6.2? (I'm not doing bleeding-edge content, mostly just tanking Experts and raiding Aglaia, so it may be a moot point. I also have other 90 classes sitting in the i570-580 range and should probably be looking at upgrading them, at least to augment the Classical gear.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
I guess that depends on how much joy you get from seeing your numbers go up and being a better murderhobo, what your plans are for the rest of this patch, and what your plans are for the rest of the expansion.

If you're not going to be running Savage this patch then you don't "need" 600 gear. You don't need 600 gear to do Savage either, really, but it sure helps, especially if you're running Savage through Party Finder. The Aglaia coins will still be used as currency to purchase upgrade materials for the 630 and 660 tomestone gear is in 6.3 and 6.5 respectively, so any you save now will still be useful later. On the other hand, Aglaia isn't going anywhere and if you keep playing throughout the expansion you'll get plenty of excess Aglaia coins, being big and strong and dunking on things is fun, and being strong now is better than being strong later.

You might want to wait 6 hours before making any decisions, since we'll presumably know the date for 6.2 launching then.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Personally I'll just keep my Aglaia coins for the final tome gear of the expansion and 580-590 is good enough(TM) for me. The next raid in 6.2 will come with a new tier of crafted gear (should be 610, later augmentable to 620) so I'm not going out of my way to upgrade to/beyond 590 right now. Also we should be getting a new dungeon that drops 585 for unplayed alt jobs and retainers :v:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Finally got Excalibur, on to the final stage now. :toot:

Anyone have any armor glam recommendations to go with it?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/ff_xiv_en/status/1542827256615120896?s=21&t=edL9oPuyx1pYlpx8wtR_bw

AKA right when the semester starts.

How could you do this to me, Yoshi-P.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
lol the new relic weapons are going to be Manderville weapons and require progress in Hildibrand's storyline

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

IB4 the internet has a meltdown over having to do the entire joke questline for their relic.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The relic quests being locked behind Hildabrand is amazing :lol:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

One of my friends HATES Hildebrand while I love it so… lol

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

hopeandjoy posted:

https://twitter.com/ff_xiv_en/status/1542827256615120896?s=21&t=edL9oPuyx1pYlpx8wtR_bw

AKA right when the semester starts.

How could you do this to me, Yoshi-P.

For me it's actually good, I'm out of vacation for all of August so if it's the 23rd I only miss one week, or none if it's the 30th. Cause I doubt the 16th counts as late August. One man's trash is another man's treasure, I guess.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I get not liking it but if you’re not interested it won’t take long just skipping cutscenes really

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

I haven't done any of those quests since the end of the ARR quests over 7 years ago. Lol

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I never finished the second ARR arc and was planning on picking them back up to get BLU spells, so... everything's coming up Milhouse?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
What the gently caress, the relic or whatever weapons are Manderville related :laffo:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lmao sucks to have bad taste and not like hildy

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Huh. They're going to be changing those Job ablities that only increase the chance of Crits/DHs, since they feel underpowered in comparison to those that guarantee them. More info later, in the next PLL.

6.2 will also have DSS for Snowcloak, Keeper of the Lake, Sohm Al, the Aery and the Vault. They showed an Aery screenshot with Ysayle, Alphinaud and Estinien.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Ahhh, the first Steps of Faith will be a Solo Duty.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They've also "revamped" Thornmarch, saying it might be disappointing to veterans, so don't go out of your way and maybe just wait for it to pop up in Roulette.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Is "Variant Dungeon" the challenge/mythic+ version that I am hoping it is?
e: no its something much different! still exciting
ee: that would be "Criterion Dungeon"! sorta.

Hogama posted:

In a way, you edited too soon!
eee: right? lmao

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jul 1, 2022

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Lol there's the Criterion dungeons

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

critereon dungeon savage???

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Savage dungeons, cool!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Zeruel posted:

Is "Variant Dungeon" the challenge/mythic+ version that I am hoping it is?
e: no its something much different! still exciting
In a way, you edited too soon!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

High difficulty 4-man content!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Limited revivals in the Another version is interesting. No revivals in Savage is even more interesting. There's also no matching for the Savage versions, pre-mades only.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

God drat this sound brutal lmao.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Mobs can enrage?

I'm ready for this.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh, they are going to talk about Island Sanctuary in this PLL, after a break. Break's about 15 minutes, with some video from the Primals concert.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

thats some really nice art, have we seen this before?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Island Sanctuary is big large

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
:lol:

And this is only one of at least two islands.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Good news: You can plant seeds on the island.
Bad news: But not the regular seeds you use for housing stuff :v:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

It's all sounding like they're putting a farming sim in my MMO.

Where are the dateable villagers then, Yoshi-P.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
A rather important slide that was missed by the reddit translators:

A couple other things:
Mounts are useable, though flying will not be immediately available. While aether currents won't exist, you will need to do some exploration on the ground first.

You're also guided for the bare minimum on the island, but after that you're free to develop it as you wish. It is "still FFXIV, not Minecraft," so I'm expecting some heavy limitations.

YoshiP does mentions a placeable orchestrion that gets quieter as you run away from it, so there's going to be at least some variation.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
who cares about that MANDERVILLE EPIC WEAPONS

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They're streamlining portraits. You can set up the adventure plate portrait from the plate, and you customize the Instant Portraits depending on your saved gearsets. Much simpler. All of the current portraits will be lost with the changes. New poses and decorations are also being added.

Portraits will be available for Mahjong in 6.2, but they did confirm they are working on them for dungeons as well, so that's definitely coming in a future patch and not just a feature they're interested in doing.

You can have other players inside and outside of content repair your gear! No longer will you have to disband the party because you forgot to repair!

They also revamped the Actions screen, and it's way more readable from a gameplay standpoint, with combo actions being clearly displayed, and clear distinctions between weapon skills, spells and abilities.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Kitfox88 posted:

who cares about that GALMOUR CHEST DOUBLED

ftfy

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Yo, I like this.

It's an alternate page in the Actions menu that lays out combos, think this'll be great for setting up hotbars if it's done right.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Ah, confirmation that Island Sanctuary is not base 6.2, but 6.25.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Is there a summary or vod up? couldn't make it for health issues.