Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Wankclown, dumbgoblin and libsucker are just waiting for you to post them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Not enough people using "poo poo-goblin" IMO

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Just consider this to be like that WW2 survivor bias chart and adjust your posting accordingly.

People who used "Wankclown", "libsucker", and "dirthat" didn't survive giving such sick burns?

I never knew swearing on internet could be such a dangerous game. :ohdear:

Ya drat scumwit, you!

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Somebody, somewhere, called someone a dirt-waffle.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What about this chart but with the axis flipped. Cock goblin and goblin cock are not the same thing!

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
shut up goblindumb

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

What about this chart but with the axis flipped. Cock goblin and goblin cock are not the same thing!

Can't talk, I'm cock gobblin' right now.
Can't talk, I'm gobblin' cock right now.

Seems pretty much the same?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Chav nicked me bumbag.
*Rude Researcher squints and dutifully records the incidence*

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

mobby_6kl posted:

Goblin Cock rules.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Exactly, thanks! Completely different than cock goblin, or gobblin', which is why we also need an axis for the part of speech like noun and verbs.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Outrail posted:

Why would it matter if they're alive or dead if Jesus can just zap them through the revolving door of life and death?

In general it wouldn't matter because the answer to "Can a deity from a monotheistic religion do XYZ?" is usually going to be "Yes." But those who study religious texts are often obsessed with finding an internal logic and harmonizing it together AKA hermeneutics. So finding out who those two people are and how it fits together with earlier writings suddenly becomes a huge deal.

If one starts questioning the minutiae in big religious books it's easy to come up with thousands of "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" questions. Why did Elijah get a chariot and horses of fire and where exactly did he go? Is heaven in another dimension/universe/planet? etc.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Zogo posted:

Why did Elijah get a chariot and horses of fire and where exactly did he go?

He was bound to the demon Zarathos and roamed the earth dealing out vengeance. Pay attention, gawd :rolleyes:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/flglmn/status/1541992127047106563

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
that's badass

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Zogo posted:

But those who study religious texts are often obsessed with finding an internal logic and harmonizing it together AKA hermeneutics.

Why am I suddenly thinking of those youtube videos that obsessively examine the onscreen evidence for how fast various Star Wars ships are, or that do extensive 3D modeling to figure whether or not two humpback whales could actually fit inside the cargo hold of a Klingon Bird of Prey?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Powered Descent posted:

Why am I suddenly thinking of those youtube videos that obsessively examine the onscreen evidence for how fast various Star Wars ships are, or that do extensive 3D modeling to figure whether or not two humpback whales could actually fit inside the cargo hold of a Klingon Bird of Prey?

It is basically the same thing - just a bunch of nerds putting devoting way more thought and time to something than the original writers ever did, with the unshakeable belief that the work is perfect and infallible so obviously it must make sense, if it seems like it doesn't we just aren't reading it correctly.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Really wish I had a reason to put this up in my office without people thinking I'm a violent rear end hole or larper.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Outrail posted:

Really wish I had a reason to put this up in my office without people thinking I'm a violent rear end hole or larper.

If this would make them think you're a violent rear end in a top hat they're real fuckin stupid, and they probably don't know what larping is.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

The utility of the flared bases on the right is obvious, and of course we have the classic rabbit attachment on the mid-period fauchards, but i admit the purpose of the guisarmes is beyond me. Frankly, I'm scared to ask.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
My assumption is catch-hooks and puncturing strikes to pull down cavalry. Hook 'em and poke 'em :black101:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
1st Edition Unearthed Arcana up in here.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Angepain posted:

The utility of the flared bases on the right is obvious, and of course we have the classic rabbit attachment on the mid-period fauchards, but i admit the purpose of the guisarmes is beyond me. Frankly, I'm scared to ask.

Sometimes it's difficult to find sensitive spots with a traditional shape.

Also minor lol at the chart pointing out the maker's mark on a solid silhouette.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Outrail posted:

You can be a larper. It's better than being a terminally self conscious social anxiety monster

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

LARPing looks like a lot of fun. :unsmith:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

ikanreed posted:

You can be a larper. It's better than being a terminally self conscious social anxiety monster

A poster of medieval weapons really wouldn't go down well with the community members I have to meet with.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Unperson_47 posted:

LARPing looks like a lot of fun. :unsmith:

A pity that all the LARPers ruin it.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
You could always put a sticker that says "sting rays/manta rays" over where it currently says "pole arms" and try and convince any random people that ask about it, that modern day rays evolved from supremely weirdly shaped evolutionary branch.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

dr_rat posted:

You could always put a sticker that says "sting rays/manta rays" over where it currently says "pole arms" and try and convince any random people that ask about it, that modern day rays evolved from supremely weirdly shaped evolutionary branch.

That would probably work

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Spontoonisation, nature's response to carcinisation

The morphological rejoning of the halberd and spontoon families is projected to occur by 2500

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Outrail posted:

A poster of medieval weapons really wouldn't go down well with the community members I have to meet with.

It's obvious you want to keep the group private, but my mind still boggles trying to come up with exactly what community fits that description.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Voyager I posted:

Sometimes it's difficult to find sensitive spots with a traditional shape.

Also minor lol at the chart pointing out the maker's mark on a solid silhouette.

I'm guessing it's a black and white scan of a color image, otherwise lol

ikanreed posted:

It's obvious you want to keep the group private, but my mind still boggles trying to come up with exactly what community fits that description.

Medieval landed gentry that just raised peasants' taxes

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

ikanreed posted:

Stabbing survivors

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Sword and Shield enthusiasts. Just the worst.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Always love that chart for including the bohemian ear-spoon (bohmische ohreloffel)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ikanreed posted:

Brits

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

steinrokkan posted:

Spontoonisation, nature's response to carcinisation

The morphological rejoning of the halberd and spontoon families is projected to occur by 2500

Thus creating the sponterd. Or possibly halboon.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Outrail posted:

Sword and Shield enthusiasts. Just the worst.

Just pull them off their horse with the hook on your pollarm and all their advantage disappears

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I was reminded of this bitcoin classic

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Splicer posted:

Pretend I replied to this with a perfectly adapted rewrite of that FC Barcelona effortpost about passing triangles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Splicer posted:

I hate these Pink Floyd cover bands