Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I can't recall off the top of my head if this has happened before at a main event
https://twitter.com/TheBlacktastic/status/1542841205708320768

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

thats a real shame:(

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It's a shame but also he already had one run in the event, it sucks but it's real classy of him to step back and let others get theirs as well. The schedule running late to the last day might screw with people's possibility to be there for the run, even.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bummer but thats a great gesture from someone who already had a run.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

The part where Control is a third person shooter is where it fell apart for me, but everything surrounding that core gameplay is very very good, and hell, the gameplay is still alright.

Its got enough atmosphere it can aaaaaalmost drag people over the finish line but I think its a smidgeon hard and crufty to actually do it.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Yeah with the schedule steadily creeping into Sunday morning it might be risking some people missing flights.

We can't let this many people get stranded in Minnesota. :v:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I love Teddy

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
This game and run is a better silly game than most of those that were in the silly block.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SeXReX posted:

I love Teddy

I want every virtual runner to fake a crowd now.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

man this game has gone a long way since the alpha versions i wached on ABG, i'm liking how tongue-in-cheek it is

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Burgers for everyone!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

throwing a plate of food at a customer...games are the ultimate freedom

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this is excellent "haven't slept in 24 hours" energy

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
This is the best run of silly block.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

"you think that's summoningsalt? That's speed docs"

I am deceased

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SeXReX posted:

I am deceased

lmfao

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

What an excellent run

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SeXReX posted:

I am deceased

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
"I hope you cut me off her" *CUT*

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

What great energy

"Restaurants would be easier without customers, or maybe harder, I don't know"

"Shoutouts to me, I'm great"

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
So I haven't been watching the entire thing, what's happened to make the event go this far behind schedule?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Pyroi posted:

So I haven't been watching the entire thing, what's happened to make the event go this far behind schedule?

as with every year, it's a combination of tech delays and estimate overruns adding up in aggregate. having to stall for a few of the incentives might've contributed some too, but i think it's just the aforementioned factors being especially bad this time around

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Setups going long, interviews/recaps going long, a couple runs did go over estimate but not by that much.

I imagine they're wiping everything down on stage between runs on top of regular setup.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

lol @ Ecdycis making a return after being popped in the previous run

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

SeXReX posted:

I can't recall off the top of my head if this has happened before at a main event

Bobby is a mensch

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

SeXReX posted:

I just noticed that Superhot VR also got pulled from the schedule, which is a shame since I looking forward to it. :(

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Genthil posted:

I just noticed that Superhot VR also got pulled from the schedule, which is a shame since I looking forward to it. :(

Why don't they remove a drat 4 hour Pokemon run instead especially we ALREADY HAD ONE 4 HOUR POKEMON RUN

Just a bit annoyed that two runs - which are like 40 minutes total - have to be scrapped and that thing is still in schedule. Sucks for Blacktastic and Davidtki.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jul 1, 2022

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The pokemon runs are good for donations.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

TeaJay posted:

Why don't they remove a drat 4 hour Pokemon run instead especially we ALREADY HAD ONE 4 HOUR POKEMON RUN

Just a bit annoyed that two runs - which are like 40 minutes total - have to be scrapped and that thing is still in schedule. Sucks for Blacktastic and Davidtki.

There shouldn't be any 4 hour runs unless you are padding for time in the middle of the night.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oil! posted:

There shouldn't be any 4 hour runs unless you are padding for time in the middle of the night.

Please do not inflict that on me in Japan, keep your 4 hour runs to US daytime so I can avoid

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Counterpoint: there shouldn't be runs where the setup time is longer than the run itself.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

ZiegeDame posted:

Counterpoint: there shouldn't be runs where the setup time is longer than the run itself.

Just @ me next time

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Look, any run can be good at any length.

Except a speed run of an MMO because its longer than a week.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Long Pokemon runs in the afternoon are good, actually

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Please do not take this as a challenge to speed run FFXIV

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

https://twitter.com/LaurieCinderbun/status/1542535110708297731

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

when the schedule was first posted Elden Ring was scheduled for like 1 AM local time (central) so the delays weren't into the five hour ranges like some people are saying but it was definitely a couple hours. It's back to being roughly "on time" though now.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I like the 4 hour pokemanz runs, bu talso agree they should probably be the runs that get the axe to solve scheduling problems.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

when the schedule was first posted Elden Ring was scheduled for like 1 AM local time (central) so the delays weren't into the five hour ranges like some people are saying but it was definitely a couple hours. It's back to being roughly "on time" though now.

At one point earlier today if you looked at https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/runs/SGDQ2022 the closing ceremony was around/after sunrise on Sunday morning. They've definitely chopped a few hours off since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ato seems pretty neat and this runner is crushing it for a solo commentary