Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

LifeSunDeath posted:

GET

A

ROPE

remember when ads were openly calling for people to get lynched? yeah that was only 20 something years ago.

I got bad news about the 90s bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

FreudianSlippers posted:

Look at these American savages eating tasty foods and arguing about minute differences in preparing that tasty food instead of ritualistically gorging themselves on horrible foul poo poo like sheep scrotums, rancid shark, and sour whale like true sophisticates.

What about my fly-infested death-cheese? Don't leave ME out.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
Anyone calling Buc-ee's a truck stop is a loving idiot because you can't go there with a truck. Real truck stops somehow are worse, the only chain that's even halfway decent is Loves and that's cause you get free showers in fairly clean rooms when you fill up your truck.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

The Anime Liker posted:

That sounds British, so I'm assuming it's unseasoned wet poo poo on flavorless dry poo poo.

:australia:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Gas station culture wars

When you think your opinion of America couldn't possibly sink any lower

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Milo and POTUS posted:

I got bad news about the 90s bro

The 90s were more than 20 years ago.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Phanatic posted:

The *only* reason to eat Wawa is that the bars have closed and it's the only thing open and you're going to eat your hoagie off the top of the trash can in the parking lot.

The authentic Philly experience.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Large Testicles posted:

Anyone calling Buc-ee's a truck stop is a loving idiot because you can't go there with a truck. Real truck stops somehow are worse, the only chain that's even halfway decent is Loves and that's cause you get free showers in fairly clean rooms when you fill up your truck.

Jesus Christ that makes it so much worse.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

steinrokkan posted:

Gas station culture wars

When you think your opinion of America couldn't possibly sink any lower

They have hot cinnamon glazed pecans, almonds, and cashews available 24-7. They have like 40 kinds of soda just on tap, and 10 kinds of slush/slurpee. They have 20 kinds of jerky, and 14 kinds of fudge, and banana pudding, and and and...

I'm from Pennsylvania and live in California and they're basically the only reason I'd drive through Texas, except that Oklahoma is worse.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

There's one about 5 miles from me in houston. Also there's one right between san antonio and houston that I've been to.

it's the walmart of truckstops, the food is decent for a truck stop/gas station...beyond that it's pointless. but people have cultized it due to strong marketing and the edgelord "beaver" jokes.

Texas is big. There are plenty of people who often drive between cities that are far enough apart that a stop on the way is nice. Never having to wait for a pump, clean bathrooms, and food that's a bit better than bottom of the barrel is enough reason to go a few extra miles to one gas station instead of another.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
What in the hell? How'd GWS get in here? Make your own BBQ you bums and stop being critiques of something seemingly no one here knows anything about.

Wawa may serve bad food, but I live in new England and they're an absolute treat when compared to Cumberland Farms. On my way south my gas stops are planned around Wawa locations. Honestly I care more about clean bathrooms, but finding a salad on the road is always a treat.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jigsaw posted:

Pictured: a typical Buc-ee’s gas station:

If this place ever explodes you could see the fireball from the moon.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Post pictures you fat rear end gas station loving nerds.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Lobok posted:

If this place ever explodes you could see the fireball from the moon.

Gas stations conveniently keep their tanks underground, so it would just be a minor earthquake.

e: this is the pictures thread:
https://web.archive.org/web/20201113023115/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx1rgUGhswE

AreWeDrunkYet has a new favorite as of 19:19 on Jul 1, 2022

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
It's absolutely criminal that these

are called beaver nuggets and not Bucee's Balls.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Jigsaw posted:

Pictured: a typical Buc-ee’s gas station:

What the duck 🦆

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beachcomber posted:

They have hot cinnamon glazed pecans, almonds, and cashews available 24-7. They have like 40 kinds of soda just on tap, and 10 kinds of slush/slurpee. They have 20 kinds of jerky, and 14 kinds of fudge, and banana pudding, and and and...

I'm from Pennsylvania and live in California and they're basically the only reason I'd drive through Texas, except that Oklahoma is worse.

So it's a grocery store but worse

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

steinrokkan posted:

So it's a grocery store but worse

Well no, because grocery stores have none of those things.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Phanatic posted:

Wawa has been garbage for years now.
The only chain convenience store around here with decent food is Royal Farms, and that's because they pick one thing, fried chicken, and do it well.

Gonna have to disagree. Wawa hoags are great. Are there better? Absolutely. But not from a gas station with a sub 10 minute wait. Might have been a PA thing but almost every convenience store used to have a small deli counter up till about the early oughts. Just your standard selection of lunch meats and cheeses.

That’s the truth about Royal Farms though. Their chicken is godly. There’s one 5 minutes from my house. I drive past it every day. If I had even a tiny bit less self control I’d be 400lbs by now.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Phanatic posted:

Wawa has been garbage for years now.

Agreed. gently caress Wanwa, have Funwaa!

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

mobby_6kl posted:

Agreed. gently caress Wanwa, have Funwaa!

Chad2 you piece of poo poo

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Killingyouguy! posted:

sorry, you're putting vinegar on rolls?

You put oil and vinegar on some kinds of hoagies, yes. Also there are hoagie toppings that come pickled in vinegar, like sweet peppers and hot peppers.

Phanatic has a new favorite as of 20:28 on Jul 1, 2022

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Phanatic posted:

The *only* reason to eat Wawa is that the bars have closed and it's the only thing open and you're going to eat your hoagie off the top of the trash can in the parking lot.

God, I miss Philly.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Gas stations conveniently keep their tanks underground,

I meant see it from the moon when looking at Australia.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Killingyouguy! posted:

sorry, you're putting vinegar on rolls?

Oil and vinegar is a pretty standard sandwich dressing, yeah. Also Wawa’s fine, basically just a less cheap tasting Subway. They stopped having fresh mozzarella as an option for sandwiches though and it makes me sad that it was apparently just a limited time thing. :smith:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
There's too much salt in this food discussion

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

salt is delicious and do you really want to live forever in this hellworld?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

kazil posted:

salt is delicious and do you really want to live forever in this hellworld?

LMAO if you're worried about anything when the brownshirts will soon be blackbagging all of us then shooting us in a tile room with a single drain in the center.

loving put a pound of salt on your cigarette sandwich and wash it down with a gallon of whiskey.

Absolutely loving nothing matters anymore.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

The Anime Liker posted:

The secret to why people love Bucees is because they make extremely mediocre Texas BBQ, not even the good stuff, which is still a hundred times better than the trash from Memphis and KC, and a million times better than the dirty mop water pickled meat they serve in the Carolinas.

eastern NC barbecue is milk from the nipples of god himself and everything else is the result of catastrophic inbreeding, hth

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

eastern NC is the result of catastrophic inbreeding

:hmmyes:

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

based on the logo i assume it's supposed to be pronounced buck-eez, but i can only read it as bussys

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Phanatic posted:

You put oil and vinegar on some kinds of hoagies, yes. Also there are hoagie toppings that come pickled in vinegar, like sweet peppers and hot peppers.

Oh OK I was visualizing like dunking a dinner roll in white vinegar

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

quote:

Founder Arch "Beaver" Aplin opened his first store as partners in Clute, Texas in 1982 (it is still open). Aplin formed the name Buc-ee's by combining his childhood nickname; the name of his Labrador Retriever, Buck; as well as the appeal of Ipana toothpaste's animated mascot, Bucky the beaver.[6][7]

I'm sorry run that by me again

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Data Graham posted:

I'm sorry run that by me again

Guy really likes beaver

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

"I'm gonna name my store after that beaver mascot, bucky!"
"And what are you going to call it?"
"Buc-ee's"
"But..."
"The mascot will be a beaver"

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

buc ees nuts

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Killingyouguy! posted:

Oh OK I was visualizing like dunking a dinner roll in white vinegar

Visualising is the first step towards practicing

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Mauser posted:

i went to a tim hortons for the first time on a trip to Canada and the coffee was all right, but the donuts were way to sugary sweet and breakfast sandwiches were just ok.

flavor.flv posted:

You gotta find one that still does the unglazed sour cream doughnuts and walnut sticks, those were the pinnacle

I miss the Dutchies :(

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

selec posted:

I just like to throw a brisket or a tritip on the big guy and wait a lot of hours and drink and listen to music and then eat some. That’s my favorite bbq.

:hmmyes:

If y’all ain’t smoking a meat for at least 4-6 hours it probably ain’t barbecue hth.

Anything less is just “grilling”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
No one has talked about Quik-Chek from New Jersey yet so let me chime in that (at least when I lived there like 15 years ago) they had the best footlong subs for $5 and you could get them 24/7 and one was literally next door to my buddy's house where we would play smash bros out of the back of his jeep cherokee and get high.

There is no such thing as a good convenience store in this hellhole that is California tho