Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Griz posted:

the really violent soccer hooligans who regularly get ejected from the games and then go start street brawls are called "ultras"

also they’re lionized among hooligans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

mediaphage posted:

like is ultra ever used as a negative modifier in popular language

i guess one could say something is 'ultra bad' like they're trying to do, but

ultramarines are the lamest space marine legion

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
great color, though

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Zvahl posted:

great color, though

Afghanistan's #1 export for thousands of years

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

mark immune posted:

Is there ANYTHING we can do to convince you to contribute to Bernie Sanders TODAY?

Have him actually criticize his best friend Joe biden

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

mark immune posted:

Is there ANYTHING we can do to convince you to contribute to Bernie Sanders TODAY?

health care please

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

my best friend joe biden is guilty, of not receiving enough of your support

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
American brains have been raised to expect a return on investment and they see voting as an investment. Why would you continue to invest in something that doesn't generate any return?

copy
Jul 26, 2007

30.5 Days posted:

*All Might voice* MAGA! Plus ultra!

copy
Jul 26, 2007

MAGAmemnon

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

no

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Justus posted:

health care please

no

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/GrahamStarr/status/1542887723467431939

When I said "DO SOMETHING", I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE CLARIFIED :byodood:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if someone could figure out how to launch fruit juice missiles at their own boat made of cancer they would have to invent a more powerful freedom medal.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

ex post facho posted:

one to a liberal and one to a conservative, gotta both sides even giving out dumb medals in the biden admin lmao

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

lol

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
He should say the McCain gorilla joke

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/GrahamB47/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

ex post facho posted:

There's something very on the nose about our dementia-brained elder president giving medals to dead people

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Nothus posted:

There's something very on the nose about our dementia-brained elder president giving medals to dead people

theyre not dead jack I was jawin with ole jimmy mcrain just the other day *recalls event from1962 with perfect clarity*

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Too Many Birds posted:

the democrats!

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/FilmBart/status/1542744550497693696?s=20&t=FPOlxSQJcUKhLFdRw2b7CQ

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

ex post facho posted:

incredible. just jacking up the laziest 3s imaginable with 20 seconds on the shot clock

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

if that's Kamala then her face is melting off :wtc:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ex post facho posted:

John McCain: Couldn't fly a jet.

Steve Jobs: Hired someone to make a good ad campaign for an updated Walkman.

The best out culture has to offer.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
LOL reagan posthumously gave the medal of freedom to whittaker chambers

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Do androids point at electric meat?

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Jon Pod Van Damm has issued a correction as of 21:34 on Jul 1, 2022

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Penisaurus Sex posted:

basically yes.

although I don't think there's any particular attachment to fascism for these folks. All that matters is that they're involved in a sort of unmaking/destruction as a group.

oh, I agree, I'm just saying that the leopards they're enabling are going to eat their faces anyway

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

ex post facho posted:

I had a full body spasm when I saw this but on second thought I'm Ok with McCain getting rewarded for his services to the Viet Cong

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Mayor Dave posted:

American brains have been raised to expect a return on investment and they see voting as an investment. Why would you continue to invest in something that doesn't generate any return?

I mean, when you vote for someone you do so with the expectation that the person you are voting for will do something that you are wanting. If the people you keep voting for are very obviously uninterested in representing you or even stopping things from getting worse, you are right to hate them.

It's not quite the same as a purchase or investment, but you are not wrong to be wanting something in return for your support at some point. That's the point of voting. You are voting for someone to represent your interests. Representing people usually involves action on the part of the representative, in the form of doing something their voters want.

The Skeleton King has issued a correction as of 22:37 on Jul 1, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

The Skeleton King posted:

I mean, when you vote for someone you do so with the expectation that the person you are voting for will do something that you are wanting. If the people you keep voting for are very obviously uninterested in representing you or even stopping things from getting worse, you are right to hate them.

It's not quite the same as a purchase or investment, but you are not wrong to be wanting something in return for your support at some point. That's the point of voting.

yeah even in the fantasy realm where your voting preferences are entirely altruistic and made without reference to your own self-interest AND capitalism has been abolished or w/e, the whole process of representative democracy pretty explicitly is and should always be a transactional quid pro quo