Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah Microsoft never releases games on both PC and Xbox. Dang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
This doesn't seem like the full cross-platform remaster process that Id have done for Doom and Quake 1. It seems to just be the original PC game with some slight out-of-the-box modernizations like defaulting to widescreen and not defaulting to low texture settings (because it can't comprehend modern amounts of VRAM!) so that it can be thrown onto PC Game Pass.

So I don't think it'll get thrown onto consoles unless they also throw the 360 version onto BC at the same time, but stranger things have happened.

I believe they're also doing the same Insider thing with Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Which is just weird since that game was always free, but okay.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
House Flipper is fun and I'm very glad that it is Play Anywhere, which is a badass feature that I wish more games had

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

American McGay posted:

Rimworld on controller sounds miserable.

Well if the Paradox games and Civ are anything to go off of I think devs have figured out how to make strategy/sim games work on controllers

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Yeah Microsoft never releases games on both PC and Xbox. Dang.

Cope

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Enemy Territory was good and there's a gap right now between Battlefield 'realistic' style open map objective games and Overwatch style zaney power FPS's.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Quake 4 stinks on ice.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

John F Bennett posted:

Who likes Atari? Also coming to Xbox this November.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQKwj_hi-Gc

Could be cool!

i fuckin love atari and will prolly get this

just a shame all the imagic games are lost in gently caress knows whereville in licensing land since atlantis and demon attack are possibly the best games for the 2600

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

just a shame all the imagic games are lost in gently caress knows whereville in licensing land since atlantis and demon attack are possibly the best games for the 2600
Activision has claimed to own the rights to Demon Attack, Atlantis and Moonsweeper in the past.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

John F Bennett posted:

Could be cool!

Wow this looks like it has Jaguar games. Hope they add Brutal Sports Football.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Spacebump posted:

Wow this looks like it has Jaguar games. Hope they add Brutal Sports Football.

it has 5200, 7800, st and lynx games too. it sounds fuckin dope and digital eclipse usually does good work with this sort of thing.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
There was a signup for the Skate beta. I don't know if it's still open but I signed up

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jul 1, 2022

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I clicked on it but I can’t remember if I have an EA account and there was like a queue line so I just closed it.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I have a RPI 4 with all the retro games from Commodore 64 to Dreamcast. :smug:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

American McGay posted:

I clicked on it but I can’t remember if I have an EA account and there was like a queue line so I just closed it.

I waited the queue because I'm a Skate fanatic.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

House Flipper is fun and I'm very glad that it is Play Anywhere, which is a badass feature that I wish more games had

I’m actually contemplating buying the garden dlc so I can build some cool ponds and stuff!

Does anyone know if I get the dlc will it apply to both the PC and console version?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
According to the internet, as long as the DLC is available on both platforms, buying DLC for a Play Anywhere title will give you access to that DLC on both platforms.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

American McGay posted:

According to the internet, as long as the DLC is available on both platforms, buying DLC for a Play Anywhere title will give you access to that DLC on both platforms.

Excellent! I would mostly just play it on pc but it’s cool to have the option.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i fuckin love atari and will prolly get this

river raid is legitimately one of the best games ever made

edit: HOLY poo poo IT'S GONNA HAVE MAJOR HAVOC AND TEMPEST

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
HOLY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

quote:

Swordquest: AirWorld – Yes, you read that right: After nearly 40 years of waiting, the team at Digital Eclipse has created the fourth and final entry in the legendary Swordquest series, inspired by the design concepts of original Swordquest creator Tod Frye. Who will be the first to solve its mysteries – and finally complete the quest?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUCK

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I think i've signed up for at least a dozen EA betas and playtests over the last decade and the last one I remember actually getting a code for is Battlefield 3. or the first Medal of Honor reboot, can't remember

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

precision posted:

river raid is legitimately one of the best games ever made

edit: HOLY poo poo IT'S GONNA HAVE MAJOR HAVOC AND TEMPEST

yeah speaking of which, this collection not having activision games is understandable but still sucks, they were as important as atari to atari's systems (arguably more so, especially later on). pitfall, pitfall 2, hero, kaboom, barnstorming and river raid are all 2600 essentials.

and major havoc fuckin kicks rear end and i am glad more people will get to play it.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 1, 2022

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

John F Bennett posted:

Could be cool!

Despite the fact that Atari made Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale, one of the most broken games ever, I am really looking forward to this.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

precision posted:

HOLY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUCK

It’s a rare video game that I’ve never at least heard of (except for steam shovelware) but this one is a mystery

It sounds like a fake game they’d have on csi

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

It’s a rare video game that I’ve never at least heard of (except for steam shovelware) but this one is a mystery

It sounds like a fake game they’d have on csi
Swordquest was an unfinished series of games for the 2600 where you had to wander around finding objects and placing them in their proper place. There was a larger contest attached to the games to win expensive commissioned jewelry from the Franklin Mint. After the '83 crash, the final part of the series, Airworld (and the grand prize of the contest - a $50,000 silver sword covered in jewelry) were cancelled.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

The Kins posted:

This doesn't seem like the full cross-platform remaster process that Id have done for Doom and Quake 1. It seems to just be the original PC game with some slight out-of-the-box modernizations like defaulting to widescreen and not defaulting to low texture settings (because it can't comprehend modern amounts of VRAM!) so that it can be thrown onto PC Game Pass.

So I don't think it'll get thrown onto consoles unless they also throw the 360 version onto BC at the same time, but stranger things have happened.

I believe they're also doing the same Insider thing with Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Which is just weird since that game was always free, but okay.

QuakeCon in August, just saying, you never know what they've reheated for us

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I'm happy for the people getting excited by the game collection I could have played on my TI-83 graphing calculator but also puzzled.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Big no thanks to anything pre-NES

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

Big no thanks to anything pre-NES

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Kaboom is good but you need a paddle controller.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Dig Dug II AND Mappy are fun

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The hotel my grandparents would stay at when they visited had a Mappy machine in a little arcade and I played the poo poo out of that game, really fun. I liked how you were transparent to the baddies if you were bouncing on the trampoline but had to guess where they were gonna get off etc.

Also flinging doors open to stun em

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I'mma bought to fire up Far Cry 5. I've never plated a Far Cry game and everyone here seems to hate it but the series is popular? I'm expecting an open world shooter with religious republican nuts as the enemies? I don't know what to expect really so wish me luck and drop any advice you've got! (Don't play it! haha i get it)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they’re absolutely poo poo op

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

My advice for playing 5 is to put it down and pick up 4.

Just a better game.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
But 4 isn't on Game Pass!

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

1glitch0 posted:

I'mma bought to fire up Far Cry 5. I've never plated a Far Cry game and everyone here seems to hate it but the series is popular? I'm expecting an open world shooter with religious republican nuts as the enemies? I don't know what to expect really so wish me luck and drop any advice you've got! (Don't play it! haha i get it)

It’s a good game, but like many Ubisoft titles it plays exactly the same as the rest of the series just in a different setting. If it had been the first one to come out people would have loved it, but the formula hasn’t changed since FC3 and there have been six games released then. Everyone’s just sick of it.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I prefer Far Cry 5 over Far Cry 4. Riding the elephants was cool though

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I prefer 6 over both but I like that they moved away from a silent protagonist in that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

American McGay posted:

I bought the DLC for Shadow of War and could seemlessly move between my Series X and PC with it and saves, so can confirm.