Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

ah, bummer. i could try to figure out emulation but realistically i might be better off waiting for now

light the UaN Signal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Dongicus posted:

also lol at this

Lmfao. Raidens a married man you hussy!!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Psychonauts 2 to start the weekend

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
On the road for a few weeks vacationing. Very upset I'm not in front of the PC playing Morrowind.

Got the switch, gonna put some hours into Shining Force 2 from the Sega games collection (not the bad Nintendo Sega app)

Characters hit the late 20s early 30s and I'm slogging in North Parmecia just met Higins.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

ah, bummer. i could try to figure out emulation but realistically i might be better off waiting for now

Do you have any of the last few Xbox consoles? I just bought a cheap used ps3 on eBay and when I went to grab the legacy collection I saw the Xbox 360 physical version of the MGS 2/3/Peace Walker collection is still selling on Amazon for a reasonable price, should be backwards-compatible

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
monster hunter sunbreak.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
They called the new monster hunter expansion sunbreak because you’ll never see the the light of the sun again once you start playing it

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

mbt posted:

the legacy collection doesn't include any version of mgs1 lol. it included a voucher for a playstation store ps1 download

that really sucks. I am scared of ever having something happen to my ps3 cause i would have no other way to play aside from emulation which I probably should get into at some point.

it’s just a great metal gear system.

also thanks for the well wishes all. :)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Do you have any of the last few Xbox consoles? I just bought a cheap used ps3 on eBay and when I went to grab the legacy collection I saw the Xbox 360 physical version of the MGS 2/3/Peace Walker collection is still selling on Amazon for a reasonable price, should be backwards-compatible

just the ps4, switch and a decent laptop atm. it's okay, though, i'll get to metal gear. i have four games going simultaneously right now and have for months anyway, lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

honestly ive even got 5 on ps3, its cool having the whole manline series in one place. gonna start metal gear 1 soon

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the legacy collection was the greatest deal in gaming before gamepass

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i realize dna accept that i said manline instead of mainline. do your worst

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

the legacy collection was the greatest deal in gaming before gamepass

absolutely this. lightning returns nd the legacy collection are the best reasons to own a ps3. +tokyo jungle

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fungah! posted:

absolutely this. lightning returns nd the legacy collection are the best reasons to own a ps3. +tokyo jungle

both of those are on XSX with updated to 4k and run better, gently caress playstation

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
in fact, xbox is the best place to play the FF13 trilogy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

That Little Demon posted:

correct

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

well yes but it wasnt eight years ago

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fungah! posted:

well yes but it wasnt eight years ago

it actually was, topic locked.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

if you cn go back in time and stop me buyin a ps3 to spend that money on a series x instead that would be a huge fuckin help tbh

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the ps5 has shown us that actually the ps3 had plenty of games

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

elf help book posted:

the ps5 has shown us that actually the ps3 had plenty of games

lmao but actually its true

PS3 only games that are stuck on that system that I actually want to play?

Trash Panic
MGS4

.... uh....

Tokyo Jungle I think is ps3 only?

thats about it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i would buy afrika if it wasnt like $500 now

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

evry list of games trapped on the ps3 starts with fat princess whch imo says more about the state of games in th late 2000s than anything else possibly could

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

elf help book posted:

i would buy afrika if it wasnt like $500 now

its 11 dollars and ps3 is region free

https://www.ebay.com/p/212040363?iid=275178419798

it also isn't a good game

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fungah! posted:

evry list of games trapped on the ps3 starts with fat princess whch imo says more about the state of games in th late 2000s than anything else possibly could

(this is Deathspank 3... they dropped the deathspank name)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

th makers of the wii/ps3/360 generation games should be tried for war crimes

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Playing OlliOlli World, fun little game. Finished all of the levels and going back to earlier ones and doing challenges now that I know more sick moves

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

MGS3 and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky on the side. Also some 3D World co-op

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Every good metal gear game ever made, all month long

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

MGS Portable Ops on the PSP

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ghost babel is the gba max payne of the gbc

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Every good metal gear game ever made, all month long

if you can't admit that mgsv is at least a good game then you're off your loving rocker. or trolling. in either case, you will pay

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They called the third Deathspank the baconing

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mbt posted:

god drat right

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mycophobia posted:

if you can't admit that mgsv is at least a good game then you're off your loving rocker. or trolling. in either case, you will pay

it is a good game, it is not a good metal gear game. the same way I don't think RE4 is a good resident evil game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Your a drat fool because the gameplay is identical to Peace Walker.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

mycophobia posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

it is a good game, it is not a good metal gear game. the same way I don't think RE4 is a good resident evil game.

:kstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mbt posted:

That's the GBC Perfect Dark game. It wasn't good but it's completely insane what they managed to squeeze out of the system