Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Phillips is having his medical at city today and Darko Gyabi is coming the other way for a tidy 5 million. Not bad for a player who I will assume is the next Pele until I see him play. Has big shoes to fill to match the legacy of the previous Darko at Leeds. RIP king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

I realise he will get the work permit but mods

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Why tf would he need a work permit he's been playing here since 2017. Have spurs just accidentally earned their star signing a free pre season tour of Rwanda

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Why tf would he need a work permit he's been playing here since 2017. Have spurs just accidentally earned their star signing a free pre season tour of Rwanda

Changing employers requires that you reapply.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Presumably the spurs HR department know what forms to fill in but Jippa if that work permit gets declined in hilarious spurs fashion you're getting probed

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
:stare:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

the sex ghost posted:

Phillips is having his medical at city today and Darko Gyabi is coming the other way for a tidy 5 million. Not bad for a player who I will assume is the next Pele until I see him play. Has big shoes to fill to match the legacy of the previous Darko at Leeds. RIP king

Darko days lol

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Richarlison is ready to twat a geezer

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Salah has signed a new contract

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/mohamed-salah-signs-new-long-term-lfc-contract

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
https://mobile.twitter.com/LFC/status/1542885347851476993

:discourse:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Amazing cringe acting like he wont gently caress the club off at a sniff of more money after this.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Amazing cringe acting like he wont gently caress the club off at a sniff of more money after this.
He's going to be top 5 all-time goalscorer at Liverpool in like year 2 of this deal. If he stays 3 years he'll likely be top 3. He can do what he wants imo.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
It's a good deal for Liverpool keeping him don't get me wrong but he has rinsed the club and facilitated another star leaving, all for cash. The club and the player got what they wanted but I reserve the right to lol everytime someone tells me how much he loves Liverpool etc going forward.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Cheer up. It’s Friday!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Bacon Terrorist posted:

It's a good deal for Liverpool keeping him don't get me wrong but he has rinsed the club and facilitated another star leaving, all for cash. The club and the player got what they wanted but I reserve the right to lol everytime someone tells me how much he loves Liverpool etc going forward.
What does he have to do with Mane’s departure

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Lol this is a terrible take

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Liverpool extending the contract one of their best players in decades that has led them to multiple trophies and has garnered piles of individual awards: lol Liverpool got owned what a oval office

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Every footballer should rinse their employer for everything they can get. Especially one of the best players in the world, at one of the richest clubs in the world.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sassassin posted:

Every footballer should rinse their employer for everything they can get. Especially one of the best players in the world, at one of the richest clubs in the world.

Also especially the poo poo players who were signed for way too much money and turned out to be unuseable.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

sassassin posted:

Every footballer employee should rinse their employer for everything they can get.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Also especially the poo poo players who were signed for way too much money and turned out to be unuseable.

*Nods in Nicolas Pepe*

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

salah gets an even bigger dump truck of cash and liverpool get to keep their best player and presumably biggest merch mover. not sure who the loser is here it’s bacon terrorist lol

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
I just hope the wage structure hasn't been blown apart with this deal.

Me wage structure!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Eric Cantonese posted:

I just hope the wage structure hasn't been blown apart with this deal.

Me wage structure!

I hope it has :twisted:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Looks like poo poo is happening!!

This is in reference to Sterling specifically
https://twitter.com/BobbyVincentFL/status/1542935430542286849

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1542940198086082560

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
https://twitter.com/Don7Mitchell/status/1542916027750686720

Hell yeah no idea who this is, seems expensive

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Love my new gassed up midfielder

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Richarlison-Kane-Son the dirtiest front three in all of world football history? (Son is always diving, remember)

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Simiain posted:

Richarlison-Kane-Son the dirtiest front three in all of world football history? (Son is always diving, remember)

There have been a few front threes that have included Luis Suarez, so no

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Any line up with Diego Costa is inherently dirtier

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

Oh yeah, I forgot about those two for a moment.

Still, pretty nasty front three. As an Arsenal fan I am ready to be wound up.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

manchester united trying to buy the current ajax squad and leeds trying to buy the red bull salzburg squad is an interesting strategy

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

Excited for Kane to break Thomas Partey's spine and Richarlison to do a twitter about it.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Gigi Galli posted:

Liverpool extending the contract one of their best players in decades that has led them to multiple trophies and has garnered piles of individual awards: lol Liverpool got owned what a oval office

:emptyquote:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Simiain posted:

Now I’m gonna be thinking about Dirtiest All-Time XI.

But of an untraditional 3-5-2 formation and apologies for no code tags but I had a go:

quote:

GK: ?? Can’t think of one really
CB: Materazzi
CB: Pepe
CB: Sergio Ramos
CM: Felipe Melo
CM: Vinnie Jones
CM: Lee Cattermole
CM: Kevin Muscat
CM: Roy Keane
FW: Luis Suarez
FW: Diego Costa

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

City have signed a backup keeper because Zach Steffan wants to go and actually play somewhere

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1542795366029983745

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

sticksy posted:

But of an untraditional 3-5-2 formation and apologies for no code tags but I had a go:

The only choice for GK is Chilavert

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Suarez and Costa must have played together at Atletico right?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

sticksy posted:

Maybe drop a midfielder in favor of Kevin Davies. A forward with 444 games in the Prem, 605 fouls and more yellow cards than goals. Held the foul record until Gareth Barry played long enough to be old and poo poo.

Also Lee Bowyer and Joey Barton aren't bad picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Myssu posted:

Suarez and Costa must have played together at Atletico right?

They played together in the first half of the 20-21 season before Costa left on a free